• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
BanShunsaku said:
What's the status on partner portal? Have you escalated it?

I should look into it but it's not really my thing to look into either. These are machines for a uni and they are handling all the paperwork.

Might email my buddy and see if she can look into it for me.

Looked into it. Next week, joy. I got some deliveries just then though. WORK TO DO!

jambo

Kritz said:
If you pressure banana to buy his own damn account you could have a lend of my secondary one.

Or get me drunk enough to buy a third >_<

That was a funny night.

And no idea there was a demo.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
deadmeadow88 said:
day off, owheeeee

soundwave announcements in one hour.

anyone else going to eb expo?

Rumour seem to suggest it's going to be a bunch of 90s revival bands. Manson, The offspring, Coal chamber are confirmed, Limp Shitskit.

I wonder how bad this lineup will actually be.

Clipper

deadmeadow88 said:
day off, owheeeee

soundwave announcements in one hour.

anyone else going to eb expo?
Perhaps I should go. Just found out I have to book dates to use at least 28 days of my accrued leave or they're just going to tell me some days that I'll be forced to take off...

I already had 10 days planned, but need to figure out 18 more. However, I'm flying up to Brissy in early November for QI Live, so it'd be weird going up there now as well.

Stupid first world problems....

Bernbaum

Will be flying Emirates business class to London and then fucking Easyjet to Monaco.

Domestic US flights were absolutely awful. I look forward to being entertained by the British approach to budget travel.

Choc

Banned
Just a suggestion guys

Fly to Gold Coast not brisbane

:p

its like 5 mins from GC airport, 1.5 hrs from Brisvegas

MrSerrels

BanShunsaku said:
Choc, whatever happened to your twitter account?

I'm eagerly awaiting your Tweets of Rage™

Tweets of Rage. I'm stealing that and making a hashtag.

Also - is that Sasha Grey wearing a pacman hat in your avatar?

Deeku

Bernbaum said:
Is it platform-specific?
No idea, don't want to go into the ot and get something spoiled.

I did google "dark souls frame rate" and it appears to be a much discussed issue.

Ydahs said:
Funny how I spent five or six hours trying to debug a programming assignment last night with no result, yet I managed to find the solution in a little under an hour this morning.
Sounds like everything I have ever spent more than 5 hours on. You get to a point where your brain cannot clear its process of thinking so you just recycle the the same solutions. Going away for even 20 minutes to play a game or something will really help the problem. Used to boot up COD2 for 10 minutes while doing assignments. Worked really well.

Gazunta said:
Calling them to to let them know about the upcoming PRESIDOG point and click adventure game, it's gonna be awesome
Will buy if you get Bill Tiller to do the art. Bonus points for Nolan North as half of the senate.

VOOK said:
What's up bitches, I'm hyperactive today. Some weird shit going down I tells ya.
evlcookie said:
Nintendo going third party!
I haven't had a cold in many many months, I think this is due to taking daily vitamin capsules. Every time i've attempted to work out I end up getting a cold within a week and that's caused me too stop (along with laziness). I seem to have lost a few kg's and i have no idea how but this has given me the idea to start working out again.
I look forward to getting a cold next week and quitting.
Also RPS wot i think, seems to be a fan of rage overall.
My slight cold from last week is now full on death. Both nostrils blocked since 5pm yesterday. Time to smash out some cheapass cold and flu tablets. And complain loudly until I feel better.
Also RPS is always on the same wavelength as me so RAGE is still a pickup once I build the new PC next week.

codswallop said:
I'd say toilet revelations are great too, but it just sounds odd...
Ever since I got a decent pair of wireless 7.1 headphones I really have enjoyed toilet time immensely.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
MrSerrels said:

Nope that's just how big her vagina is these days.

Rezbit

commanderdeek said:
The frame rate in Dark Souls is TERRIBLE!

Slide show terrible:(

Damn that sucks. If it's a major detriment I don't think I'll buy.

I've got a massive cold, it's raining here, and I'm listening to Radiohead's OK Computer with tissues stuck up my nose. Sad.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
reptilescorpio said:
My slight cold from last week is now full on death. Both nostrils blocked since 5pm yesterday. Time to smash out some cheapass cold and flu tablets. And complain loudly until I feel better.
Also RPS is always on the same wavelength as me so RAGE is still a pickup once I build the new PC next week.

Have you ordered your parts yet? If not, you should wait a week!

Deeku

Rezbit said:
Damn that sucks. If it's a major detriment I don't think I'll buy.
I haven't died as a result of frame rate issues, but I'm certainly bummed out about it. I'm sure they will patch it or something.

Ydahs

I thought Australia Post was meant to be quick? eBay parcel from SA still hasn't arrived even though it shipped on Monday.

Expected is Oct 5-7, but it seems it's now too late for it to come today...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ydahs said:
I thought Australia Post was meant to be quick? eBay parcel from SA still hasn't arrived even though it shipped on Monday.

Expected is Oct 5-7, but it seems it's now too late for it to come today...

Mum's posted me somethings from Adelaide that have taken 2 days. I've posted things to Adelaide that have taken 2 days.

I had a friend post me something, took like 3 - 4 weeks..

MrSerrels said:

None other!

RPr3h.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
reptilescorpio said:
why why why why? Haven't ordered yet? What should I know?

NDA lifts for bulldozer on the 12th/13th. I think there's some leaked benchies and dodgy looking reviews out there at the moment.

Yeah, I'll be flying into Goldie on the Saturday morning, then heading up to the sunshine coast for a few days on the Sunday. :) Getting inked up there too. Fingers crossed for good weather.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The soundwave lineup doesn't sound too bad.

Gojira, Yay!

Going by who is listed, I hope if i go, I don't bump into my ex haha.

Kritz

Banned
I was thinking of going to the GC for a weekend, but I think exams + a divorce + pets dying + being a poor student might be a bit too much for me this year.

Mastodon, yay! Kveletak, yay! Devy, yay! Dillinger, yay!

OF the new announcements I'm interested in.... SOAD, meshuggah, I hear new machinehead is good, black label society....

Will be avoiding the throng of slip bizkit fans lol. Beer o'clock wooh!

Bernbaum

evlcookie said:
The soundwave lineup doesn't sound too bad.

Gojira, Yay!

Going by who is listed, I hope if i go, I don't bump into my ex haha.
There's Dillinger Escape Plan, Mastodon and then a whole lot of not much for me. Will have to check out Gojira - my old boss used to listen to them.

Saves the Day playing a Weezer album in full is a weird thing. Them and Dashboard Confessional are a blast of faddish music from 10 years ago.

Ydahs said:
I thought Australia Post was meant to be quick?
Ah hahaha hahaha haha hahaha ha haha ha hahaha ha ha.

Ha.

That is to say, Australia Post are pathetic. One of the most expensive postal services in the world, and they're not only terrible, they're slow.

Anyone had any personal experience with a Synology DS1511+?
http://www.synology.com/products/product.php?product_name=DS1511%2B&lang=enu

Edit: I'm having two problems in recent Chrome builds. The first is that if I right-click in a window twice (without clicking anything or anywhere else), left-clicking won't remove that window. The only way I can get rid if it easily is to click Page Info in that popup. The second is that occasionally the scroll wheel gets stuck on font size +/- like the CTRL button is stuck, but it's not, and left-clicking goes to other tabs. The only way I can fix that is to quit and restart. I can't force this to happen, either.

jambo

Kritz, if you want an actual tough island map on Minecraft, someone found a great seed in Gaming

beat box

rBCFc.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind, it's a 1.8 seed =[

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yea there's a couple of good bands going but i've seen most of them before at soundwave, i think last year? And i've seen a few just at their own side shows.

Gojira is the only band i haven't seen live that's of interest for me. I will have to double check the lineup after work when it's all posted online.

I wouldn't mind standing back and watching slipknot do their thing, Their stage show and presence is insane.

Machine heads latest album is pretty darn solid, So it should be good to see those guys but the lead singer always craps on. Dunno if i can sit through that shit.

Hopefully it means some of the bands are bringing some new material along with them. Some new meshuggah and dillinger would be welcome.

Kritz

Banned
jambo said:
Nevermind kritz, it's a 1.8 seed =[
I'll be home in like 30 minutes. I feel like starting like, a castle or town project or something. I never really do projects that much anymore.

Ydahs

codswallop said:
Ah hahaha hahaha haha hahaha ha haha ha hahaha ha ha.

Ha.

That is to say, Australia Post are pathetic. One of the most expensive postal services in the world, and they're not only terrible, they're slow.
Well that sucks. Dude charged me 10 dollars on eBay for it, while free deliver took just as long :/

Bernbaum

One of the ditzy office TA's is competing as a figure model this weekend. She sent out an invite to selected people in the office. Her attitude is 'Hey guys, come and share in my self-improvement hobby and support me!'; our attitude is 'Yay boobs!'.

Been looking forward to seeing her in a bikini.

jambo

Kritz said:
I'll be home in like 30 minutes. I feel like starting like, a castle or town project or something. I never really do projects that much anymore.

I won't be home until about 6.15, so no server until then =[

Ydahs said:
Well that sucks. Dude charged me 10 dollars on eBay for it, while free deliver took just as long :/
If it's outside of the quoted delivery dates, you could call him on it I guess. At least double-check that the postage you paid for is on the item when it eventually arrives.

Bernbaum

Excellent! Spent $97.58 just on international bank fees and cash advance fees on credit whilst overseas like a fucking moron. Will currency up more next time.

Top Bottom