• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

VOOK said:
Vita is as doomed as the 3DS was at that price in Australia.
I can confirm that.

Bahahahah $450
I was ready and geared up to part easily with 250-300 for the 3G+wi-fi model but they are kidding themselves if they want $450.

Hopefully can import from US or something and still have the 3G work, i don't want to have to wait for a price drop.

Rahk

Batman is a GFWL game. Just because it also has Steamworks doesn't mean it won't have it.

I presume you'll have to log into GFWL as per usual, and on first launch you'll need to enter the cd-key in GFWL. I guess you'll just unlock both GFWL and Steam achievements.

Jintor

Rahk said:
Batman is a GFWL game. Just because it also has Steamworks doesn't mean it won't have it.

I presume you'll have to log into GFWL as per usual, and on first launch you'll need to enter the cd-key in GFWL. I guess you'll just unlock both GFWL and Steam achievements.

Hrrgh

do not want

but already bought. Damn you, fingers

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Guess i will buy batman next year, at christmas, when it's $15 and comes with all the DLC.

GOTY version, that will do me.

commissar

reptilescorpio said:
Holy shit $450 in NZ? lol
Import for $250 AUD from the US confirmed. No point in spending the extra $100 when it is region free.
I think thats what the PSP retailed for at launch, but still :/

reptilescorpio said:
Import for $250 AUD from the US confirmed. No point in spending the extra $100 when it is region free.

My problem is if i import, will the 3G work here, or will the vita be locked to the region somehow for the 3G provider?

Choc

Banned
Marshmellow said:
My problem is if i import, will the 3G work here, or will the vita be locked to the region somehow for the 3G provider?

in the US like the iphone it will be locked to AT&T

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
Anyone got this - RIVET ?

I'm gonna give it a spin tonight and see if it magically allows me to stream my iTunes library on Mac to my 360 so I can rock out to speed metal in my Mustang!
Is it just a UPnP/DLNA server? Same as PS3 Media Server/TVersity/whatever.

Marshmellow said:
Exactly what i thought and until we have reliable free wi-fi around Australia i will be wanting 3G.
What on Earth would you want the 3G version for? Unless you don't have a phone and plan for this thing to become your main mobile Internet device, I really don't see how 3G could be useful at this stage. Gaming over 3G would be limited to asymmetric play like for chess or Words with Friends.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
What on Earth would you want the 3G version for? Unless you don't have a phone and plan for this thing to become your main mobile Internet device, I really don't see how 3G could be useful at this stage. Gaming over 3G would be limited to asymmetric play like for chess or Words with Friends.

What?
Why i was after 3G to be able to browse net yes. But mainly to play games online while i am out and about, on the bus, in another state etc. without having to rely on finding a wi-fi connection

Clipper

Marshmellow said:
Exactly what i thought and until we have reliable free wi-fi around Australia i will be wanting 3G.
You do realise that you can't play games over Vita 3G right? It's only meant to be for downloading stuff and browsing.

jambo

Marshmellow said:
What?
Why i was after 3G to be able to browse net yes. But mainly to play games online while i am out and about, on the bus, in another state etc. without having to rely on finding a wi-fi connection

3G ping + gaming = do not want

Bernbaum

Agyar said:
Is it just a UPnP/DLNA server? Same as PS3 Media Server/TVersity/whatever.
I don't know what those words mean. Will my Xbox be able to select music by artist/album?

Import WiFi model for me. 3G was never a consideration. From Sony's excellent Vita presentation at EB Expo, every hardware feature was given a demonstration which justified its inclusion on the device (rear touchpad most notably; built-in camera and motion control interaction), with the exception of 3G.

Handheld consoles are about 'personal gaming experiences' for me, not portability. 3G access is absolutely inessential.

Marshmellow said:
What?
I wouldn't expect to be able to play Killzone multiplayer over 3G. The ping would be 1998 dial-up levels of terri-bad.

midonnay

ahahaha

Federal Government to Ted Ballieu

"oh won't you please support the Opt out proposal to make the NBN rollout more efficient and less costly?"

"fuck you"

eight months later

"Y U No give us NBN? make NBNco give us NBN" >_<

Marshmellow said:
Wouldn't bother with MP gaming on handhelds until they get the mobile internet for them running quicker. I assume someone will come up with a tethering system anyway.

Bernbaum said:
I'm gonna give it a spin tonight and see if it magically allows me to stream my iTunes library on Mac to my 360 so I can rock out to speed metal in my Mustang!
I got excited for a minute there and though that you meant you had a Mustang IRL. Oh well. I like Mustangs and my family has heap over in NZ. My uncle flies to and from the US all year long importing them for people. Would be a great life.

Marshmellow said:
So where are you guys thinking of importing from then. Amazon?
Yep. Another AusGAFfer put in a pre-order when it was announced for $254 AUD including postage. Can't remember who it was. I might wait and see if the dollar moves up a bit first. Wish I had of ordered back at $1.10.

Stackboy

With the Catwoman missions in Batman, are they all set at different points in the Batman storyline, or do all the missions occur around the same time?

reptilescorpio said:
Yep. Another AusGAFfer put in a pre-order when it was announced for $254 AUD including postage. Can't remember who it was. I might wait and see if the dollar moves up a bit first. Wish I had of ordered back at $1.10.

Yea its looking like i can get it and the 2 games i want so far for around 350 inc. postage.
I will be waiting and hoping on the dollar as well though.

legend166

Stackboy said:
With the Catwoman missions in Batman, are they all set at different points in the Batman storyline, or do all the missions occur around the same time?

From what I can gather they are split up.

Clipper

reptilescorpio said:
Amazon only charges at shipment, so it only depends what the dollar is in March or whatever.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I got excited for a minute there and though that you meant you had a Mustang IRL. Oh well. I like Mustangs and my family has heap over in NZ. My uncle flies to and from the US all year long importing them for people. Would be a great life.
Do the next best thing and buy Forza 4. You know you want to.

Choc

Banned
midonnay said:
ahahaha

Federal Government to Ted Ballieu

"oh won't you please support the Opt out proposal to make the NBN rollout more efficient and less costly?"

"fuck you"

eight months later

"Y U No give us NBN? make NBNco give us NBN" >_<

What Victorians feel about Ballieu and the fuckwittery of him is what Australians will feel when they vote Abbott in

Choc said:
What Victorians feel about Ballieu and the fuckwittery of him is what Australians will feel when they vote Abbott in
And when Victorians help vote Abbott in >_<

Clipper said:
Amazon only charges at shipment, so it only depends what the dollar is in February or whatever.
Ah well that makes things a bit easier for me then. Can I cancel a pre-order at any time leading up to release?

Shaneus said:
Do the next best thing and buy Forza 4. You know you want to.
I already have several Mustangs due to transfer into my name when certain family members die. Get to drive my dads when I go back home, although it is in the middle of the bush which kind of defeats the purpose. Still 20 odd sitting in a shed in NZ even after selling a dozen this year.

Clipper

reptilescorpio said:
Ah well that makes things a bit easier for me then. Can I cancel a pre-order at any time leading up to release?
Yes, you can, except maybe the day before release.

Also, if you are planning to get games, get them in the same order. You'll save a ton on shipping and it will likely make the courier option cheaper than expedited.

Clipper said:
Yes, you can, except maybe the day before release.

Also, if you are planning to get games, get them in the same order. You'll save a ton on shipping and it will likely make the courier option cheaper than expedited.
Ah nice, was wondering if it would be cheaper to get games from the US or UK but if I package on Amazon it should work out great. Looking forward to seeing prices on LOGS.

reptilescorpio said:

That's unaustralian!
;)

My feminist grandma went home. I feel kinda bad.. like, whenever I was talking to her I wanted to get away, but whenever I was away I felt bad cause she came up to visit me. We had a fun discussion about the carbon tax. When I said I didn't support it she didn't wait to hear my reason and said "well, we'll just see whose right 12 months from now when the ice caps have melted and Australia is still safe..." um.

Bernbaum said:
I don't know what those words mean. Will my Xbox be able to select music by artist/album?

Import WiFi model for me. 3G was never a consideration. From Sony's excellent Vita presentation at EB Expo, every hardware feature was given a demonstration which justified its inclusion on the device (rear touchpad most notably; built-in camera and motion control interaction), with the exception of 3G.

Handheld consoles are about 'personal gaming experiences' for me, not portability. 3G access is absolutely inessential.
Yeah, Vita isn't terribly portable to begin with, what with that monster screen it has. I want to import it at launch, but I get the distinct feeling I'm going to be short of cash in February.

Also, back-touch is by far my most hyped feature for the system, but also the one that seems to get ignored the most in Vita threads.

Yagharek

shanshan310 said:
That's unaustralian!
;)

My feminist grandma went home. I feel kinda bad.. like, whenever I was talking to her I wanted to get away, but whenever I was away I felt bad cause she came up to visit me. We had a fun discussion about the carbon tax. When I said I didn't support it she didn't wait to hear my reason and said "well, we'll just see whose right 12 months from now when the ice caps have melted and Australia is still safe..." um.

Feminism and science aren't the same thing I guess.

Choc

Banned
i want samsung to succeed in the 4s ban for australia for the lulz

i wonder if apple would stop its ipad2 demand then so they could sell 4s

lulz

Choc said:
i want samsung to succeed in the 4s ban for australia for the lulz

i wonder if apple would stop its ipad2 demand then so they could sell 4s

lulz

I am actually hoping that they do succeed just to give apple the middle finger for all of their stupid suits against other people purely because they were competing against what apple is trying to market/sell.

Wish my work hadn't blocked Youtube.

Yeah, Vita isn't terribly portable to begin with, what with that monster screen it has.
My main worry is scratching the damn thing. Was already worried enough with my PSP to have a plastic shell over the screen, might have to roll the damn thing in bubble wrap as soon as I get it.

Clipper

reptilescorpio said:
Ah nice, was wondering if it would be cheaper to get games from the US or UK but if I package on Amazon it should work out great. Looking forward to seeing prices on LOGS.
If you want to compare shipping prices, this is the calculation of the two options Amazon provides for video game products:

Expedited (5-10 days):
First Item: $16
Additional Items: $6 each

Courier (2-5 days):
First Item: $25
Additional Items: $3 each

It used to only be $14 for the first item of expedited last week, but I guess they updated things (i.e., those PS3 deals I mentioned earlier are now $16 shipping).

In any case, getting two games means courier shipping only costs $3 more and with three or more games, its actually better to go courier outright.

Omi said:
MOTHER FUCKING SCREENSHOTS.

FINALLY.
For the non-PC gaming Batman fans.
zXgRn.jpg

Lightened my mood a little. That crazy cat.

Clipper said:
In any case, getting two games means courier shipping only costs $3 more and with three or more games, its actually better to go courier outright.
Smart by Amazon. Means the most efficient way to spend your money is to buy a heap of stuff all at once. You win this round Amazon but don't think that LOGS won't have something to say about this.

Top Bottom