• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Planet_JASE said:
If you're going to fire off a racist remark you might as well make it a double.

Reduces the risk that one country will miss your barbed remark.

I hates it when a country is too stupid to realize they are being made fun of. I'm making fun of you, you stupid country, at least show me enough respect to know it.
A self-hating countryman. You don't deserve this country.

Gazunta

So uh, get this.

After 80 hours of not being ported, I spent an hour on the phone with Telstra. After listening to some apologetic shrugging (including an interesting couple of minutes where it looked like they had no record me having a phone at all) I asked to be put through to the porting department. I spend half an hour on hold, before some guy answers and abruptly tells me that the porting department closed hours ago. I go ape shit at the poor bastard and he hangs up on me.

I call the complaints department and the woman was very courteous and (according to the wife) managed to calm me down quickly. While I was talking to her the 4S connects to Telstra.

All good, right?

FUCK no.

The 4S is connected...but so is my old 3GS. They're both still connected, and they're both capable of making calls from the same number. Dialling my number from another phone makes the 3GS ring, not the 4S. Shouldn't the 3GS with Optus stop working?

And my other new phone hasn't ported over yet, despite the fact they're on the same account.

WTF AAAAAAGH

Best Solution: Cancel your contracts with Telstra without fee since they aren't giving you the service you expected. Clear your Optus contract so the phone is deactivated. Walk back into Telstra and get a fresh new plan, with your newly deactivated number.

Or just burn that motherfucking place to the ground.

roosters93 said:
No one deserves a country. I'd like to get one in return for something I did but I can't imagine what you have to do to get one.

At least not a classy one like this. This is some gourmet country, right here.

Truth be told, I don't quite get your response. Maybe I'm not showing you enough respect by knowing I'm being made fun of...

commanderdeek said:
Aww I always liked markot's posts.
He will be back in a few days time.

Mafia 2 certainly has frame rate issues on 360, even with it installed. The cut-scenes run horribly. Textures still look pretty great aside from the jaggies of course. Combat is still awesome.

Bernbaum

Forcing oneself to take a break from Forza 4 so they can finally complete Resistance 2 is like trying to stop oneself midway through fucking Scarlett Johansen so they can drink a tall glass of horse diarrhea.

Bernbaum said:
Forcing oneself to take a break from Forza 4 so they can finally complete Resistance 2 is like trying to stop oneself midway through fucking Scarlett Johansen so they can drink a tall glass of horse diarrhea.
Why the hell would you do that to yourself man! If you aren't feeling it then what is the point? To feel like you got your moneys worth? No value in doing something you don't want to.

roosters93 said:

On a slightly related note, while channel surfing tonight I came across a poll that can of worms had done: 33% of Australians polled think that people who don't watch sport are unaustralian. Welp, better go pack my bags then.

Jintor

"Unaustralian" as a useless, moronic pejorative has been repeated and not-backed-up as a label so many times now it's lost all meaning.

I want to deck anyone who uses the phrase in my vicinity in an unironic context.

Darklord

Banned
shanshan310 said:
On a slightly related note, while channel surfing tonight I came across a poll that can of worms had done: 33% of Australians polled think that people who don't watch sport are unaustralian. Welp, better go pack my bags then.

I hate the term Unaustralian. It's retarded. Don't watch sports? Unaustralian. Won't pay 5 times as much as a retailer as you would online? Unaustralian. People use it for anything.

Darklord said:
I hate the term Unaustralian. It's retarded. Don't watch sports? Unaustralian. Won't pay 5 times as much as a retailer as you would online? Unaustralian. People use it for anything.
Want to pass a legislation to help fight problem gambling? Unaustralian.
Want to upgrade vital internet infrastructure for future generations? Unaustralian.
Want to tax the super-profits that the mining industry makes and invest it into social services? Unaustralian.
Want to put a price on carbon? Unaustralian.
Want to pledge to cut the public service, spend millions backpedalling on the carbon tax and re-open off-shore processing?
True Blue mate.

Rationale is fucking Unaustralian.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
only 20% off if you own lego batman or the original on steam.

I think it was still cheaper over at gmg with that coupon last week, Brought it close to $30.

midonnay

Jintor said:
Is it possible to escalate this shit even more?

a complaint could be made with the TIO (Telecommunication Industry Ombudsman)

http://www.tio.com.au/

The TIO is a fast, free and fair dispute resolution service for small business and residential customers who have a complaint about their telephone or internet service in Australia. We are independent and do not take sides. Our goal is to settle disputes quickly in an objective and non-bureaucratic way.

Established in 1993 and provided for under a Federal Act of Parliament, the TIO is operated by Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman Ltd and is independent of industry, the government and consumer organisations.

The TIO’s Constitution and Memorandum and Articles of Association outline its objectives and rules. The general role and powers of the TIO are included in the Telecommunications (Consumer Protection and Service Standards) Act 1999 .
Powers

We are able to investigate complaints about telephone and internet services, including by collecting all documentation and information relevant to the complaint. The TIO has the authority to make Binding Decisions (decisions the telecommunications company is legally obliged to implement) up to the value of $30,000, and Recommendations up to the value of $85,000. For complaints received by the TIO before 1 May 2010, the TIO has the authority to make Binding Decisions up to $10,000 and Recommendations up to $50,000.

The TIO also has the power to exercise its discretion not to investigate or further investigate a case in certain circumstances.

jim-jam bongs said:
Batman: Arkham City just went up on Steam my antipodean chums, and it's currently free of Aussie tax and 20% off:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/57400/
I see 3 weeks and 7 days :(

evlcookie said:
Only one location for NBN in victoria over the next 12 months and it's south morang? Who the fuck lives there!
lol that is the point! Roll it out to quiet little places that won't make a lot of fuss if things don't start off well. Also less people, less load, less likely the whole thing will collapse on itself and be a further PR disaster. I would expect the big vote wining suburbs will have the NBN roll out around election time just to maximise the policy.

ATTENTION GAZUNTA (and potentially some other AusGAFers)

You're having a hard time with Telcos, so here is something I found that might make you feel better.

061438-ricki-lee-coulter.jpg

062105-ricki-lee-coulter.jpg

Just checked to see if the Central Coast was getting any NBN love, it seems that Gosford and Long Jetty are being upgraded within 12 months. Dammit, I'm not close enough to the Gosford exchange, which means I'm stuck on ADSL1 for the foreseeable future :(

Arkham Asylum GOATSE is on sale for $10 on Steam if anyone doesn't own it. I played it through on 360 originally so it will be good to have another run through once I'm done with Arkham City. Arkham City is still awesome BTW. So much goodness in one game!

In all honesty, if I love my experience with Arkham Asylum on PC, I'll probably double dip on PC version of Arkham City. I love these games so damn much.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Planet_JASE said:
If you're going to fire off a racist remark you might as well make it a double.

Reduces the risk that one country will miss your barbed remark.

I hates it when a country is too stupid to realize they are being made fun of. I'm making fun of you, you stupid country, at least show me enough respect to know it.
*realisation, you un-Australian

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Would still sleep with ricki lee.

So restarting my iPhone fixed my Twitter error but now it's sim locked and i don't know the code! 1 attempt remaining.

Hopefully it's at home somewhere.

legend166

Hahaha, I thought markot's post was funny. Am I misreading it? People seem to be horrified. He's basically making a joke about Germany and their history of war. Since when was that a taboo subject? People make jokes about Australia being racist or America being stupid all the time.

Also, can anyone recommend Lego Batman?

legend166 said:
Also, can anyone recommend Lego Batman?

Got it for free with one of my 360's, played for about 10 minutes. Seems like decent fun, would be good to play some co-op with younger relatives or the gf, but definitely not a must buy.

Choc

Banned
ok so the batman situation got all sorts of fucked last night when it was revealed it actually DELETES story missions that are referenced in the actual game

the line

WBIE

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:
So uh, get this.

After 80 hours of not being ported, I spent an hour on the phone with Telstra. After listening to some apologetic shrugging (including an interesting couple of minutes where it looked like they had no record me having a phone at all) I asked to be put through to the porting department. I spend half an hour on hold, before some guy answers and abruptly tells me that the porting department closed hours ago. I go ape shit at the poor bastard and he hangs up on me.

I call the complaints department and the woman was very courteous and (according to the wife) managed to calm me down quickly. While I was talking to her the 4S connects to Telstra.

All good, right?

FUCK no.

The 4S is connected...but so is my old 3GS. They're both still connected, and they're both capable of making calls from the same number. Dialling my number from another phone makes the 3GS ring, not the 4S. Shouldn't the 3GS with Optus stop working?

And my other new phone hasn't ported over yet, despite the fact they're on the same account.

WTF AAAAAAGH

Nows not the time to tell you that mine ported to TLS in 5 seconds. But i've heard that Optus are dicks when it comes to porting and hold it back because they don't want to let yo ugo

don't deactivate your number, it puts it back in the pool for others to use and you cannot get it back.

So, I wanted a deal to buy Arkham Asylum and now Steam one for $10. Should I or should I just keep watching this Let's Play where the guy knows how to play and get all the Joker things.

Argh!

Choc

Banned
soooooooo anyone else read that Boat Arrivals is 50% what it was this time in 2010?

how about that for a headline Tony.

Oh sorry, you won't comment onthat because you are a FUCKWIT

Planet_JASE said:
No one deserves a country. I'd like to get one in return for something I did but I can't imagine what you have to do to get one.

At least not a classy one like this. This is some gourmet country, right here.

Truth be told, I don't quite get your response. Maybe I'm not showing you enough respect by knowing I'm being made fun of...
I made country = Australia. (even though that's not what you were implying)

Hilarious!

Omikron

Choc said:
ok so the batman situation got all sorts of fucked last night when it was revealed it actually DELETES story missions that are referenced in the actual game

the line

WBIE

What? Deletes story missions?

Top Bottom