• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Clipper

reptilescorpio said:
Smart by Amazon. Means the most efficient way to spend your money is to buy a heap of stuff all at once. You win this round Amazon but don't think that LOGS won't have something to say about this.
Excuse my ignorance, but LOGS?

And yeah, the pricing is part of the reason why I also did all my gaming and Blu-Ray purchases for September through November in one massive pre-order back at the end of August. The items are coming in about 15 couriered shipments as each item releases, but total shipping on the 21 individual items is a bit less than $85.

Fredescu

Choc said:
i want samsung to succeed in the 4s ban for australia for the lulz

i wonder if apple would stop its ipad2 demand then so they could sell 4s

lulz
139412.strip.gif

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Face fail at google, although it sounds like an ok feature if it works.

Will read up on the rest after work. I'm not too swayed by what i saw though, not like I was expecting anything to blow me away. I really just can't be fucked spending $600 or whatever on a phone I won't really use.

Hand me down iPhones are the way of my future!

Lord OzGameShop. I am assuming they will want to push the Vita games pretty hard since it is region free and prices look to be a little higher than expected here in Australia.

Clipper

reptilescorpio said:
Lord OzGameShop. I am assuming they will want to push the Vita games pretty hard since it is region free and prices look to be a little higher than expected here in Australia.
Ah, I see. I'd be shocked if they can beat the Amazon prices though, especially when you consider the Amazon ones usually actually do reach you in 2-3 days with the courier option.

Choc

Banned
lol rspca approved sticker heading nintendogs way

i wonder if the rspca know u can leave the dog for ages and it gets dirty and unfed

Deeku

Sticking with my amazon preorder for vita. If I can get a Japanese unit from play-asia for 300-350, I'll probably do that. Though I might wait a bit because I don't think everything has been officially confirmed with psn accounts and stuff, or maybe they have, I don't know.

Fredescu said:
Freeeeeeeeed
If I go with a 2500k, p8z68-v LX, 8Gb of RAM would it be worth using my old 9800+ as a Physx card along with my 460 as the main?
I've gone with the LX since the CM 690 II Advanced doesn't have USB 3.0 on the front and I can't see many devices that I will need 3.0 for. Plus the LE has had some bad word of mouth with the audio quality on Newegg.
Should I be going with 1333Mhz ($59) or 1600Mhz ($65) RAM? Not sure on overclocking it. Also are they low profile enough for me to put a 212+ on the CPU?

Sorry to jump on you but I found you to be easier to ask this kind of stuff to in the past.

Megadrive said:
How does one trick their brain out of its "do not want to fucking work" mindset.
Injest something to change the chemicals in there. Felt like shit this morning so I went and got a Vanilla Coke. Much more productive now.

Fredescu

Megadrive said:
How does one trick their brain out of its "do not want to fucking work" mindset.
I don't know if there's a trick other than to work anyway. Make sure you set plenty of short term goals and demand the brain release some sweet endorphins when you achieve them. It should get easier once you remember that work feels good.

Posted from work.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Learning MIPS(1) is really cool. They (Monash) make us do a faithful translation from a couple of very simple lines of Java to MIPS, and I'm really enjoying it. It's all really neat. That about summarizes uni this year. "wow, that's cool".

Sutton Dagger said:
Just checked to see if the Central Coast was getting any NBN love, it seems that Gosford and Long Jetty are being upgraded within 12 months. Dammit, I'm not close enough to the Gosford exchange, which means I'm stuck on ADSL1 for the foreseeable future :(

:eek:

This interests me. If I'm in Wamberal and I'm with Telstra, what exchange would I be on? I can't remember and can't remember how to find out aye.

I'm guessing both are too far away and I'm in the middle. :/

Gazunta

Brendan, like me, spends 95% of his time writing for American places so has a hard time writing proper English :)

So guys is it Toast -> butter -> cheese -> honey or toast -> butter - honey, cheese?

Gazunta said:
Brendan, like me, spends 95% of his time writing for American places so has a hard time writing proper English :)

So guys is it Toast -> butter -> cheese -> honey or toast -> butter - honey, cheese?
Cheese always on top you heathen. Strange to have cheese with honey though...

jambo

Gazunta said:

Toast -> marge -> vegemite -> vegemite -> vegemite -> cheese

EDIT: Just saw a thread in OT called "Laws that seem outdated." I posted "2nd amendment" :lol

Nice work Bern!

Vegemite is at its best when it is smooshed onto fresh white bread with a crapload of butter. If only I could still eat bread :'(

Shaneus

Vegemite chips. So awesome.

You know, I bet you could make an awesome gravy/dipping sauce out of Vegemite and possibly other stuff.

Sweet potato chips are back at KFC, too. They're the same as the McCain ones at Safeway that are in the bulk pack... the convenience factor is off the charts, though. Also, pleasingly, they're not adding a fucktonne of salt to them like last time they were on sale.

legend166

So as part of my new role I'm having to relearn* regular expressions. I didn't know much to begin with, and for some reason my manager took me saying "Yeah I did a little bit at uni" and interpreted it as "He knows all about regular expressions."

*By relearn I mean go on google and check if someone else has already written what I want to do. So far it's a success!

Bernbaum said:
The best way to have vegemite on toast is to replace the vegemite with Nutella and the toast with a dessert spoon.

This, but grilled cheese with vegemite > nutella.

For some reason I like nutella by itself but not on toast or bread.

Clipper

Vegemite is so much better with a spread than on plain bread/toast. Either butter or margarine, but I grew up on margarine, so that's where my preference lies.

I'm so happy that Lite'n'Easy includes Vegemite for the toast some days. It only includes margarine on the Vegemite days about half the time, though, and it tastes so weird to eat it on plain toast. Still, I might not have been able to stick to the diet if I had to give up Vegemite on toast to do it...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bakers delight bread > toast > butter > vegemite
Normal bread > toast > butter > strawberry jam or vegemite if there's none!

Shaneus

So, the Apple store is under maintenance. That's a bit excessive considering they're updating my 4S status to "Shipped". That'd better fucking well be what they're doing.

All this talk of baked goods makes me want a custard tart. Fuck you all.

Omikron

So hey, my Threadless order went totally missing in the mail. Threadless are kindly re-sending all those in stock. Those that weren't (a total of 2), they replaced with any 2 of my choice. Which was rather nice considering all the shirts I ordered were $10 and I replaced them with $20 ones.

Also gave me a voucher to use next time. :)

Top Bottom