• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

roosters93 said:
So I watched LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring on TV last night and now I want to watch the rest and read the books lul. I'm pretty sure the last time I saw it when I was 10-12 so I liked it a lot better round this time.

The rest of the trilogy are going to be on GO next week and the week after next but even though they've reduced the ad breaks they're still pretty annoying for epic fantasy films like this.

So I thought about buying the trilogy. The theatrical trilogy is 86 bucks from JB and 12 pounds from the UK. -_- fail

The extended trilogy is 125 bucks from JB and

I WANT IT NOW

Read the books first. Borrow from me if you don't want to buy it.

shanshan310 said:
I started reading the hobbit when I was... 11? It felt pretty long winded though, and I found it hard to get into. And then the book fell apart before I could finish it because it was my mother's childhood copy :s
I'n thinking about trying the trilogy though, once the holidays start. I really enjoyed the movies (though I haven't seen those in years either). I think its one of those books everyone has to read.

If you found The Hobbit hard to read, the trilogy will be a challenge.

commanderdeek said:
I was actually referring to rooster's post:lol

I am at home playing video games...

Ohhh
lol.gif

Her boyfriend is here too though and I ain't into that kind of menage a trois.

DeathJr said:
If you found The Hobbit hard to read, the trilogy will be a challenge.
I loved The Hobbit and then could never finish Fellowship of the Ring. Kept falling asleep while trying to read it. Kept trying and then realised it was stupid to keep trying to read something I wasn't enjoying and went back to chuckling at Discworld books.

reptilescorpio said:
I loved The Hobbit and then could never finish Fellowship of the Ring. Kept falling asleep while trying to read it. Kept trying and then realised it was stupid to keep trying to read something I wasn't enjoying and went back to chuckling at Discworld books.

You_Shall_Not_Pass_by_g_o.jpg

The first half of Fellowship is widely considered to be difficult to read. If you can get past that (about Rivendell should be enough) then you'll breeze through the rest. But just skip over the poems and songs, screw that.

Took me a few goes but once I got to the top of that roller coaster, it was an awesome ride all the way down to the end.

Dead Man

Box of Bunnies said:
My boy Tom Bombadil is reason enough to say the books are better than the movies.
Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!

UGH.

I love LOTR, but TB is such a diversion from the story.

Kerrby

Banned
DeathJr said:
It's close to 30 degrees in Melbourne and my retarded housemate has the heater on.

WHAT THE FUCK!

How the hell did it get to 27 here, it was cold this morning and storming like crazy all night.

Dead Man

Salazar said:
Just the Australian, I think.

Putting the Courier Mail behind a paywall is like charging to tread in shit.
So what are people going to be paying for, all their papers cannibalise stories within minutes. Do they think the Australians opinion pieces are worth paying for?

Salazar

Looks good.

Had a great bus driver today. Girl jogged out onto the road in front of him, when he was going pretty much full speed. Saw him coming and kept going. He slammed on the brakes and swerved a bit into the next lane. Passengers go flying, some out of their seats.

He steps out of the bus and calls her a fuckin retard. Her mum gets mad at him, and he calls her a fuckin retard too. Elderly Chinese woman who had been thrown from her seat is up and out of the bus too, screaming and seemingly ready to throw some punches.

I love Brisbane. :p
My friend was saying that earlier this week she was on the bus and a cyclist cut the bus off. Bus driver slammed on the brakes in the middle of an intersection, got out and told the cyclist to go ride on the footpath. Might have been the same guy.

Seriously though I don't think I've ever seen so many jay-walkers as I have in brisbane. I was driving a couple of months back and some idiot school kid ran out into a busy 4 lane road - in front of my car. You see the L plates? It means I will probably not be able to stop in time, and you will die.

Ydahs

Salazar said:
Looks good.

Had a great bus driver today. Girl jogged out onto the road in front of him, when he was going pretty much full speed. Saw him coming and kept going. He slammed on the brakes and swerved a bit into the next lane. Passengers go flying, some out of their seats.

He steps out of the bus and calls her a fuckin retard. Her mum gets mad at him, and he calls her a fuckin retard too. Elderly Chinese woman who had been thrown from her seat is up and out of the bus too, screaming and seemingly ready to throw some punches.
Hah!

From my experiences bus drivers are a lot better than tram drivers (who are awful).

Jintor

Yeah, my brother said that when he was coming back from his Trumpet exam some damn kids were playing chicken a few streets from my house (Sydney, btw). I probably would've hit them because they would have scared the shit out of me ==;;

Jintor said:
Yeah, my brother said that when he was coming back from his Trumpet exam some damn kids were playing chicken a few streets from my house (Sydney, btw). I probably would've hit them because they would have scared the shit out of me ==;;

Have you ever caught the train in Perth? There are signs EVERYONE telling people not to play chicken. Like, all the billboards are devoted to these ads.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
pretty sure theres no jaywalking law in australia... just some law about crossing within 20m of lights. anywhere else it's up to logical disgretion!

Some bus drivers drive like maniacs. Just because they have the right of way (you must give way to this bus, it's the law!) they think they can drive as they please.

Tram drivers are better in my experience. Unless it's rush hour, most will give way to drivers making u-turns or trying to park. But some are lunatics who will simply ring the bell and run over anything in their way.

Don't even get me started on cyclists...

Salazar

Yeah, once the driver had yelled at her for a bit she went and cried into the chest of a relative - she'd been jogging across the road to join up with them.

Someone still on the bus saw her head moving and, crazed, yelled "IS SHE FUCKEN LAUGHING, FUCKEN".

That was when my adrenaline receded and I saw the funny side.

HolyCheck said:
pretty sure theres no jaywalking law in australia... just some law about crossing within 20m of lights. anywhere else it's up to logical disgretion!

I guess you've never seen people being fined by cops on Collins street. :/

Victoria =/= Australia.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
viciouskillersquirrel said:
So I updated my blog again. It was about tits, wall-to-wall. Tits everywhere. Big tits, small tits, though especially big tits.

What's the point of tits without a link?!

midonnay

guidop said:
No way, they suck in the outer suburbs. But within 5-10 kms of the city they are great. We are talking about melbourne right?

CBD is okay..... but there are too many cars to make it workable during rush hour elsewhere. Something wrong when you can ride a bike faster. Apparently buses are alot cheaper and are more maneuverable in the streets.

I only live 10km from the cbd and it takes about twice as long as my commute in perth (distance is about 50 percent farther using a bus during peak hour).

only solution is to wake up extra early to beat the rush.

So the in-laws turned up randomly today while I was mowing the lawns today. When they were in the kitchen with the others I was pulling the overgrowing grass off the edges of the footpath. This was enough for my father-in-law to drive to Bunnings and grab an Edge Trimmer as an early birthday present. Score! I can even butcher the flowers/shrubs/trees/magpies with it!

codswallop said:
The first half of Fellowship is widely considered to be difficult to read. If you can get past that (about Rivendell should be enough) then you'll breeze through the rest.
Actually it was during book 2 that I lost interest. Really enjoyed the journey up to in, including the delightful Bombadil but after Frodo woke up in Rivendell I quickly lost conciousness.

CryptiK said:
So my officeworks desk finally arrived after being broken twice
and so did my system
How is the mouse pad? Thinking of picking one up since I don't actually use one at all.

shanshan310 said:
Seriously though I don't think I've ever seen so many jay-walkers as I have in brisbane. I was driving a couple of months back and some idiot school kid ran out into a busy 4 lane road - in front of my car. You see the L plates? It means I will probably not be able to stop in time, and you will die.
You would have been doing us a favour. One less moron in this world would be nice. Don't people get taught proper road safety these days? I've noticed a lot of street corners in Warrnambool have the 3 rules marked on the concrete, even in the quieter streets, which is a nice touch.

Dead Man said:
Ever have those moments when you wonder how people you knew from school are doing...
lol. It really is the main reason I still have a Facebook account. I also try to keep up with friends overseas but mainly it is to laugh at morons who act so stupid they even get kicked out of the army because no one wants to hang out with them. Also multiple random pregnancy's. One dude is paying child support to THREE different dero chicks. Just couldn't stop after one dero night stand. So if you have no front teeth and shower is an incorrect iPhone auto-correction watch out for him, because it is likely he would get you preggers.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
So I updated my blog again. It was about tits, wall-to-wall. Tits everywhere. Big tits, small tits, though especially big tits.
Edit: Thank you for asking Cookie! Although I sighed when I loaded the page. :(

Top Bottom