• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Fuck. Simoncelli passed away. Met him 2 years ago at Phillip Island when he was finishing up in the 250cc and it had been announced he was going to MotoGP. Really nice bloke and had a great personality, my gf was a big fan because he was like a young Rossi. Dude was younger than me and now he is gone. Sucks.

Dead Man

reptilescorpio said:
Fuck. Simoncelli passed away. Met him 2 years ago at Phillip Island when he was finishing up in the 250cc and it had been announced he was going to MotoGP. Really nice bloke and had a great personality, my gf was a big fan because he was like a young Rossi. Dude was younger than me and now he is gone. Sucks.
Yeah. I don't like many of the current riders in MotoGP, but he was pretty cool.

Dead Man said:
Yeah. I don't like many of the current riders in MotoGP, but he was pretty cool.
The only real up and coming rider with a decent enough personality to actually WANT to see the guy win. Lorenzo and Pedrosa both act like douchebags. Stoner should be on top for a while but he is boring. Plus he reminds me of the guys I grew up with in the bush where we would go scooting around on dirt bikes. Just doesn't seem like a world champ even though he is.
Another reminder of how dangerous the sport is. Hopefully Edwards isn't feeling too bad right now.

Dead Man

reptilescorpio said:
The only real up and coming rider with a decent enough personality to actually WANT to see the guy win. Lorenzo and Pedrosa both act like douchebags. Stoner should be on top for a while but he is boring. Plus he reminds me of the guys I grew up with in the bush where we would go scooting around on dirt bikes. Just doesn't seem like a world champ even though he is.
Another reminder of how dangerous the sport is. Hopefully Edwards isn't feeling too bad right now.
Yep.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
What actually happened... he slid off and whoever was behind him couldn't avoid him?

Shaneus said:
What actually happened... he slid off and whoever was behind him couldn't avoid him?
Went down and got stuck under the bike, which went back to the right rather than off the track which was freaky. Edwards and Rossi were next to each other coming out of the turn and had nowhere to go when Simoncelli slid across in front of them. Edwards ran over his neck/helmet and Rossi bumped off Edwards a bit. They had zero chance of getting out of the way. Video in the Motor Racing OT thread but I won't link it as it is sickening.
Whole thing happened in an instant. Fucking sucks.

Choc

Banned
come on france, fuck this is an amazing game of rugby

NZ are the biggest chokers in the history of chokers, they won but shit they should have destroyed france.

Weepu was shit

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Went down and got stuck under the bike, which went back to the right rather than off the track which was freaky. Edwards and Rossi were next to each other coming out of the turn and had nowhere to go when Simoncelli slid across in front of them. Edwards ran over his neck/helmet and Rossi bumped off Edwards a bit. They had zero chance of getting out of the way. Whole thing happened in an instant. Fucking sucks.
Fucking hell. Just completely unavoidable, it seems... even from a safety rule standpoint. At least something will come out of the Wheldon incident. Nothing like that from the sounds of it, just one of those tragic things that happens :(

Is it safe to say he was very much like Rossi when he was younger? I remember following Valentino coming up to the big bikes and he was very charismatic, much more so than now. Simoncelli seemed like he was bringing that energy back.

roosters93 said:
So I watched LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring on TV last night and now I want to watch the rest and read the books lul. I'm pretty sure the last time I saw it when I was 10-12 so I liked it a lot better round this time.
You make me feel very old.

I send hates via the interwub to you.

commanderdeek said:
Afternoon booty call!
It's kind of you to offer but no, not today.

Shaneus said:
By buds do they mean weed?
No, silly. They want some friends. Will cook seafood for buds. Because, as we all know, you don't make friends with salad.

Shaneus said:
Is it safe to say he was very much like Rossi when he was younger? I remember following Valentino coming up to the big bikes and he was very charismatic, much more so than now. Simoncelli seemed like he was bringing that energy back.
Basically yeah, he was the new Rossi. Once Rossi runs off to rally in a year or two my gf was going to be the number one Simoncelli fan for MotoGP. The only other rider I would bother to watch is Dovizioso. She even had a nice chat with Simoncelli last weekend when she got his autograph. I could see him being a world champ too.

evlcookie said:
Alice: Madness returns is a rather awesome game, Especially for $15!
Fantastic art direction and the gameplay is fun enough. Plus you get the first Alice for free! Was always going to be dead on arrival with no marketing and no real market for the game aside for people who played the first game 11 years ago...
If they had it ready to go around the time of the crappy Tim Burton remake it could have done better, or even tied it into the DVD release.

Echoplx

Two more episodes of The Wire to go then I can get back to gaming, Alice and then DNF and then one of the other 200 games I have on Steam ;_;

Kerrby

Banned
I got a horror movie to watch tonight called Cropsey and I've been waiting until night to watch it. Now that is actually night, I think I'm too scared to watch it.

wat do?

Kerrby

Banned
True but this is a person who cried during Paranormal Activity*.

Okay screw it, going to grow a pair and watch this movie in the dark ;_;.

Looks like I will finish Batman just in time for Battlefield 3. My plans to replay Alan Wake and older CoD games will have to wait until next year

On RAGE:
One thing I really just appreciated. Going through the Shrouded hideout now and came across an Authority Machinegun in a locked room. I thought to myself, fuck! I just bought one in Wellspring for $500! Down the drain!
Then when I picked it up I was given $500 instead.
Thank you id. It is logical but a lot of the shooters I have played recently haven't been developed logically. No need for me to rage now.

Kerrby said:
True but this is a person who cried during Paranormal Activity*.

Okay screw it, going to grow a pair and watch this movie in the dark ;_;.
Perhaps your man will allow you to snuggle up real close and hide your face in his manly chest during the frightening parts?

Top Bottom