• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Kerrby said:
True but this is a person who cried during Paranormal Activity*.

Okay screw it, going to grow a pair and watch this movie in the dark ;_;.

Can you call up a friend for an impromptu movie night? Whatever you do, DON'T GO IT ALONE!

Salazar

The other big attraction of reality TV is watching celebrities succeed or fail. Channel Nine is launching The Celebrity Apprentice tomorrow and Ashton believes it will be a hit.
''I'm expecting some of the celebs will pop on screen and get a new following, and some will expose themselves for their complete lack of charisma,'' she said. The stars who've signed up are the agent Max Markson, the dance instructor Jason Coleman, the American model Didier Cohen, the politician Pauline Hanson, The Block co-winner Polly Porter, the comedian Julia Morris, Miss Universe Australia 2010, Jesinta Campbell, the sportsmen Wendell Sailor and Shane Crawford, the Olympian Lisa Curry, the singer Deni Hines and the former footballer Warwick Capper. ''I think Max Markson will be TV reality gold as the one you love to hate,'' Ms Ashton said. ''Pauline Hanson will use this show to relaunch her political career.
''Julia Morris will catch a whole new fan base because she'll provide the humour.''

What the fuck

Kerrby

Banned
Okay this documentary isn't as scary as people made it out to be lol. It's about a real life boogyman who kidnapped retarded girls in the 70s and got life in prison.

I think I'm going to watch Grave Encounters instead, anyone got any suggestions for a good horror movie?

EDIT: For the above on Celebrity Apprentice, I'm pretty sure most people hate Julia Morris because she isn't funny.

The joke on the ad is just her saying "please explain" after we had to witness the nightmare enduring scenes of Pauline Hansen in her undies. Maybe I should just watch that on repeat if I want a horror movie.

Salazar

OXpfi.jpg

WDdnE.gif

Deeku

There was an ad after the rugby for the apprentice thing, and Pauline Hanson was walking around in red undies:/

Edit: what sal posted.

I reckon there will be some minority in ausgaf who thinks that's hot.

Maybe Hanson thinks that if she goes on the show people will vote for her when she inevitably runs again next election.

Salazar said:
What the fuck

Oh, so that's why I keep seeing "Jesinda Campell - you're fired!" Posters everywhere..

Not really entertained sorry. Just bored. And feeling a little sorry that you have to get down to your undies to continue to try and rip off the system.

Also Frontier(s) is a scary movie. And by scary I mean gory as that seems to be the direction most "horror movies" have taken.

Salazar

commanderdeek said:

I can vouch for EatChildren's discrimination where women are concerned. There are some other folks I'm less sure about.

commanderdeek said:

oh yeah, me totally.

I swear on my life after this there will be no more facebook pictures, but this one just... I... there are no words.

a5g3zl.png

I don't think I can tell him :s

Jintor

Just tell him. It's alright not to know about other people's cultures, even when they're blindingly obvious to the natives.

I mean, he is right in a sense. Just the monument isn't tied to the location.

Jintor said:
Just tell him. It's alright not to know about other people's cultures, even when they're blindingly obvious to the natives.

I mean, he is right in a sense. Just the monument isn't tied to the location.

I'm not surprised he doesn't understand. I mean, nothing there mentions anything about the war, and I wouldn't really call it a major "culture point" he needs to know. But how do you express that the sign he's happily posing is actually about erm... remembering soldiers who died in a war against his country.

reptilescorpio said:
Every Tintin for $72. Collected into 8 volumes though. I would prefer to have the 24 books separated. That is an insanely good price though. Free postage from Amazon UK to Australia.

I already have the entire collection back in New Delhi. Never bought a single one, they were bloody expensive. Had them gifted to me by various relatives on a myriad of occasions. :D

ClivePwned said:
replay Alan Wake

I'm sorry.....WHAT? My eyes must be deceiving me.

Jintor

shanshan310 said:
I'm not surprised he doesn't understand. I mean, nothing there mentions anything about the war, and I wouldn't really call it a major "culture point" he needs to know. But how do you express that the sign he's happily posing is actually about erm... remembering soldiers who died in a war against his country.

*shrug*

It's not that embarrassing.

Dead Man

shanshan310 said:
Well... it's not just that. It's all soldiers. Tell him it is about remembering the sacrifices of all the soldiers who died in all the wars.

Vek

reptilescorpio said:
Every Tintin for $72. Collected into 8 volumes though. I would prefer to have the 24 books separated. That is an insanely good price though. Free postage from Amazon UK to Australia.
If they were individual hardcovers with the original coverart it'd be an insta-buy for me.

shanshan310 said:
:'( I don't want to ruin his happiness!
No one remembers who Lester is.
Yeah, I think it's best not to mention the war.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Salazar said:
I can vouch for EatChildren's discrimination where women are concerned. There are some other folks I'm less sure about.

I still need to make my Rainbow list.

reptilescorpio said:
You would have been doing us a favour. One less moron in this world would be nice. Don't people get taught proper road safety these days? I've noticed a lot of street corners in Warrnambool have the 3 rules marked on the concrete, even in the quieter streets, which is a nice touch.

What are the three rules?

Planet_JASE said:
You make me feel very old.

I send hates via the interwub to you.

You are, old man. :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
shanshan310 said:
oh yeah, me totally.

I swear on my life after this there will be no more facebook pictures, but this one just... I... there are no words.

a5g3zl.png

I don't think I can tell him :s
*clap* the coloured name blacking out is the best part lol

Salazar said:
The good thing is (from her perspective), by wearing red speedos she doesn't have to care that much about doing her bikini line.

Salazar said:
I can vouch for EatChildren's discrimination where women are concerned.
Sounds like someone's advances were rejected by a certain mod.

roosters93 said:
What are the three rules?
I'm guessing:
Stop. Look. Listen.
-or-
Look Right. Look Left. Look to your Right Again.
-or
No Water
No Food after Midnight
No Bright Light

roosters93 said:
You are, old man. :)
My tears only make the pain go away for a short time.

reptilescorpio said:
Too late. Like with a lot of Amazon deals, blink and they are gone. Back to £62.32 which is a good thing because I may have bought it otherwise.

So I finished Batman on the weekend. What a ride! Awesome stuff, GOTY so far.

Also played some Batman AA on PC for the first time. That smoke, those flying bits of paper, those smashed tiles, oh my! Have double dipped and preordered Arkham City on PC.

In the mood for some more open world gaming, I also started a new playthrough of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (never finished it when it came out so want to get through it before Revelations comes out). Forgot how much I love the AC series, going back to it is always great.

Video Games!

Shaneus

4S today. Left index finger sore from helping a friend move yesterday. Rest of left hand and right hand sore from Forza.

Shall be an interesting week.

Ydahs

Jintor said:
What a bunch of jokahs!
Damn it. Uni has prevented me from playing this game for two weeks now D:

All assignments are due today though, so tomorrow is officially now Xenoblade day.

Deeku

I played like 2 hours of Xenoblade and knew what would happen if I didn't stop. So yeah, my wii is back to unplugged status.

Jintor

Not an option for me. Dolphin is always on my toolbar... watching... waiting...

Gonna be online all day deek? Presentation preparation might wrap early depending on how shit we are, so maybe we can chill @mq.

midonnay

Shaneus said:
4S today. Left index finger sore from helping a friend move yesterday. Rest of left hand and right hand sore from Forza.

Shall be an interesting week.

read it as you've turned 45 >_>

some ppl just have a death wish..... saw a young real estate agent looking fella walk across the street while browsing his Iphone. Suddenly, he realised he was walking into a path of a tram so he stopped.....but now heavy traffic was coming from the other direction so he was stuck in the middle like frogger :/

Bernbaum

Gazunta said:
I really need to start leveraging my IP across multiple media streams to maximise monetisation opportunities
And so the corruption of innocence is complete...

We 'improve opportunities for business success' in our industry. That's code for 'find new ways to make money'. Possibly the most vapid, content-free sentence in the history of language.

I went to a meeting where someone used the word 'synergy', no joke - 'synergy'. Another person used the wonderfully disposable phrase 'solution oriented'.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I'm at work, my wife is at home, stricken down by some kind of cold/flu and I think I'm starting to develop the same symptoms... :(
Got all dressed up for work this morning, about to leave and the wife sounded like death warmed up. Some sort of cold thing as well. Except I ended up taking the day off to play games look after her.

Who started the score out of ten thing anyway? It is a really poor scale and obscures the meaning of the final score. I always preferred the five point scale that most movie reviews use.

Fredescu

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I always preferred the five point scale that most movie reviews use.
Don't most of them give half stars anyway, making it a ten point scale? Granted not many video reviewers stick to full numbers. IGNs old 1000 point scale was always pretty funny.

Bernbaum

That phone looks great. It's anyone's guess how the Nokia/Windows partnership will eat into the crowded iOS/Android market, but I daresay I'll be picking up a Windows Phone sometime in the next 6 months anyway.

Top Bottom