• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

midonnay

HolyCheck said:
Does anyone in Melbourne know how to get to the airport?

that isn't the expensive shuttle bus from the city. Is there any public transport that goes out that way? does it pass through mitcham.. I swear i've seen a 901 bus that reads AIRPORT around here.. but its not on the sites :(

http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/route/view/3185

901 - airport to frankston

more info

http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/timetables/airport-buses

don't know if it goes to where you live though.... I'm a n00b too

what is a mitcham? ;)

r1chard

HolyCheck said:

that isn't the expensive shuttle bus from the city. Is there any public transport that goes out that way? does it pass through mitcham.. I swear i've seen a 901 bus that reads AIRPORT around here.. but its not on the sites :(
The 901 takes a very, very long time to get to the airport.

I catch the train / airport bus combo from Mitcham all the time.

HolyCheck said:
Get a friend to drive you or take a taxi. You won't want to kill yourself afterwards. Melbourne has the worst airport access of any airport I've ever been to, save Siem Reap and Xi'an.

Omikron

BanShunsaku said:
Those look awesome. But after the blowup I had with the girlfriend last time we played, Carcassonne is now off the board game rotation at home.

Fucking farmers, how do they work?

I think *every* person I have played with, understands farmers completely differently. Mainly because the rules change depending on which expansion you use!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
codswallop said:
Get a friend to drive you or take a taxi. You won't want to kill yourself afterwards. Melbourne has the worst airport access of any airport I've ever been to, save Siem Reap and Xi'an.

I don't have any friends in melbourne ;_;

Thank's guys, I'll look into that route and check out where it lands / how long it takes.

I finish work at 5:30 here in mitcham, and my flights at 8:55pm, should be lots of time

HolyCheck said:
I finish work at 5:30 here in mitcham, and my flights at 8:55pm, should be lots of time
In June I started at 6pm to drive from Glen Waverley to the city for a 7:45pm domestic flight. I didn't arrive to the airport until 8:40pm. It normally takes 40 minutes from Glen Waverley using the tollways but something was totally screwed up that night.

Shaneus

leca said:
Do you still want that 15 minute Daytona video? :) Might throw one up later.
Ahaha, nah... it's all good. It's not far until the weekend and with four days off, I will have as much attract mode (and credits/waiting for opponent screen) as I can handle
lol.gif

Thanks for the offer, though!

Omikron

BTW. BoardGameAusGAF - 7 Wonders - Officially our work go to game and has been for weeks. Shit is super balanced (no one strategy EVER works from game to game), today we managed to bash 3 games out in an hour (4 players) and 2 of them were draws coming down to a count back on gold.

leca

Shaneus said:
Ahaha, nah... it's all good. It's not far until the weekend and with four days off, I will have as much attract mode (and credits/waiting for opponent screen) as I can handle
lol.gif

Thanks for the offer, though!

No drama! :D

I'm pretty keen to give it another trash tonight. Is amazing to have an insanely solid port of Daytona at home that I can play any time. Recent wheel purchase for Forza, justified :p

My head has been wrapped around BF3 for months, now when it's finally here I have spent more time playing Daytona. I'm terrible lol. Oh well plenty of time on the weekend, glad to see the Games On Net servers reaching capacity last night. A sign of good things to come! :D

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:

Guess you've never been to sydney airport

by the way check $26 for the skybus is fucking CHEAP.

Sydney you pay that much for a train ticket and it goes 3 stops .....

I might as well ask BoardGameAusGAF a question then: What's a good two-player game for two people (in this instance, myself and the wife) who haven't played board games other than the usual suspects for years and want something easy to learn, fun and with a lot of replayability?

Choc said:
I have. It's not as bad as Melbourne. At least you can get a train!

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
I might as well ask BoardGameAusGAF a question then: What's a good two-player game for two people (in this instance, myself and the wife) who haven't played board games other than the usual suspects for years and want something easy to learn, fun and with a lot of replayability?

I have. It's not as bad as Melbourne. At least you can get a train!

For the most ridiculous price ever.

r1chard

codswallop said:
Sure catch a taxi from Mitcham if you've got money to burn. Typically around $90 one way. Of course if the company's paying then go for it ;-)

Choc said:
For the most ridiculous price ever.
At least it's an option.

Melbourne has a bus that takes forever, an overpriced bus, overpriced taxis (which don't even have a set price from the airport to the city!) or drive yourself and park... and then take a bus because the car park is so big.

r1chard said:
Sure catch a taxi from Mitcham if you've got money to burn. Typically around $90 one way. Of course if the company's paying then go for it ;-)
Same price from Glen Waverley. When overseas earlier this year return was still cheaper than driving to the airport and paying $80 a week (for three weeks) for parking.

Rezbit

Omi said:
BTW. BoardGameAusGAF - 7 Wonders - Officially our work go to game and has been for weeks. Shit is super balanced (no one strategy EVER works from game to game), today we managed to bash 3 games out in an hour (4 players) and 2 of them were draws coming down to a count back on gold.

Hmm never played it, seems like it's worth checking out! Have you played Battlestar Galactica? It's pretty awesome and very funny.

Omikron

codswallop said:

You have Pandemic? or perhaps Ticket to Ride Nordic Countries?

Omi said:
You have Pandemic? or perhaps Ticket to Ride Nordic Countries?
We have Monopoly.

We'll be going away for a few days and it seems like a good reason to finally jump in. Ticket to Ride was one I've been considering. I've heard of Pandemic but I'll look into that too.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Choc said:

by the way check $26 for the skybus is fucking CHEAP.

Sydney you pay that much for a train ticket and it goes 3 stops .....

It's a public transport bus ticket in adelaide ;_;

the reason I'm trying to find a public transport bus is I only have $36 on me til pay day.. which is hopefully monday.. but given i'm going to adelaide and I'll have to catch the bus back aswell.. sigh I might just buy a 2 way ticket for $26 after I spend $6 on a train to the city :(

Omikron

codswallop said:
We have Monopoly.

We'll be going away for a few days and it seems like a good reason to finally jump in. Ticket to Ride was one I've been considering. I've heard of Pandemic but I'll look into that too.

Yah, normal ticket to ride is shit for 2 players, the board is too big and you never really interact. Nordic Countries is a game built for 2-3 players only.

Pandemic is good co-op fun, although hard to beat.

Those + Carcassonne are the games I play with the wife the most, along with perhaps Zombies!!!!!!. She doesn't like Race for the Galaxy. :(

midonnay

HolyCheck said:
It's a public transport bus ticket in adelaide ;_;

the reason I'm trying to find a public transport bus is I only have $36 on me til pay day.. which is hopefully monday.. but given i'm going to adelaide and I'll have to catch the bus back aswell.. sigh I might just buy a 2 way ticket for $26 after I spend $6 on a train to the city :(

just enough left for a can of pringles? :O

Gazunta

Choc said:
so you are working tommorow because of skyrim gaz?
Yep. It's an all-hands-on-deck deal and since I'm the new kid i don't get to say no :)

Funny thing is I probably won't get to play it for like a month :p

Dead Man

Choc said:
http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/7287/watb.jpg[img]

whats wrong with this picture :D[/QUOTE]
Heavily influenced by FO3?

Edit: Beaten, and I think Sega is publishing it in some territory. Or maybe I am confused.

Choc

Banned
yeah but im just wondering how sega thinks about its ad moeny being used to promote another publishers game

i dont know :)

lol :) i just thought it was a bit weird!

Jintor

Choc said:
yeah but im just wondering how sega thinks about its ad moeny being used to promote another publishers game

i dont know :)

lol :) i just thought it was a bit weird!

Tracey says SEGA are sponsoring the PS3 category, not individual posts.

Fredescu

In case you guys can't read it at work or whatever, here's the Fallout 3 part:

Kotaku said:
Phillips says that they wanted to move away from the reality of gangs and thus began drawing inspiration from Hollywood films like Shoot’ Em Up, Bad Boys 2, and Hot Fuzz. As for video game inspiration? Not GTA, he says.

“In terms of games influencing Saints Row: The Third, I’d actually say that Fallout 3 is the only title that had a significant influence on it. I loved Fallout 3; I think they did a lot of smart things that I learned from and ultimately made Saints Row: The Third a better game because of that gameplay experience,” Phillips says.

“The structure of our reward/upgrade system was changed heavily from Saints Row 2 and was influenced by Fallout 3,” he says.

midonnay

1st guess: the middle fella is looking at the offscreen guy's package rather than the buxom bosoms next to him.

2nd guess: something something sega....

Top Bottom