• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

SmokinDan said:
This is a great movie. Carey Mulligan though...ugh.

-_-

I think she was miscast in Drive but she's a great fucking actor and if the ugh was about her looks I think she's cute

edit: I take it all back. I was thinking of Michelle Williams lol

Deeku

Welp, I'm screwed for my assignment. And a large pimple grew on my nose.

Weekend ruined!

Edit:

You know what, since I've gone half insane from looking at spreadsheets for the past 19 hours, I'm going to liveblog the events leading up to me handing in my incomplete shitty assignment.

---

2.16am: 8 hours till due time. Just washed face and put some moisturizer on. I feel slightly invigorated. Since I'm thinking of working until the morning, I decide to put on my "going to uni just to hand in an assignment" clothes so I'm ready to roll asap. This consists of a black adidas track top with gold stripes, and black adidas sweat pants with white stripes. They didn't have my size in gold stripe pants!

3:13am: the effects of no sleep starting to kick in. I think I'm going to eat a bulla mint choc chip creamy classic. The fridge is buzzing like a fridge, arrest this fridge!

4:04am: late night tv sure is interesting. Watching Hercules tv series right now, I remember this being rad as a kid. Oh right, I should really get back to estimating share price volatility for the next 500 trading days and calculating the VaR of a portfolio of crap. Kevin Sorbo is pretty cool though!

4:47am: I think I've broken through the tired as fuck phase. Feeling energised now. Oh, time to empty the dishwasher!

5:36am: I think daylight is coming:eek: fuck lol

5:53am: yep, daylight. Well, I think I might spend the last couple of hours doing actual work. I'm actually not tired which is weird. Hopefully listening to Coldplay while driving will keep me awake.

In summary, I regret nothing. And my pimple seems to have gone. Yay!

maladroid

roosters93 said:
Saw Drive today, was fucking boss. Mancrushing on Ryan Gosling so bad atm.
+ DAT SOUNDTRACK.
Saw it today, too (well, yesterday, I suppose). Been a fan of his since Blue Valentine. He's certainly moved on up.

fnf2H.jpg

Completely forgot about this show till I saw his Letterman interview after watching Crazy Stupid Love.

SmokinDan said:
This is a great movie. Carey Mulligan though...ugh.
:( I liked her in An Education. Could listen to her read the nutritional info on a can of sardines and be enthralled (in her natural voice, and not the 'I'm gonna talk real low and pass that off as sounding american' voice, of course).

Commander, I find it odd you have a uniform for submitting assignments. Possibly something to do with submitting most of mine online. Good luck to you!

commanderdeek said:
a large pimple grew on my nose.

Stop being such a girl.

commanderdeek said:
I think I'm going to eat a bulla mint choc chip creamy classic.

Yumm, just finished a tub of mint choc chip last night. My favorite way is to blend it with some milk and cadbury mint cocoa.

commanderdeek said:
The fridge is buzzing like a fridge, arrest this fridge!

Probably ice forming around the fan in the freezer. Had the same issue with my fridge some time ago. Empty the freezer, remove the outer fan cover and break that ice!

commanderdeek said:
3:13am: the effects of no sleep starting to kick in.

Soldier through it, I'm here to keep you company........

goodnight :p

commanderdeek said:
I've gone half insane

See Marshmellow, this is what happens when you leave assignments till the last minute.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Don't forget for PC BF3 players to join the terrible AusGAF squad - Link Here

It's probably best to add everyone to your friends list as well on origin then import into battlelog.

I'm going to turn my comp off to day to see what sort of room I come back to tonight. Will it still be hot, Will it be cooler, Find out tonight!

legend166

evlcookie said:
Don't forget for PC BF3 players to join the terrible AusGAF squad - Link Here

It's probably best to add everyone to your friends list as well on origin then import into battlelog.

I'm going to turn my comp off to day to see what sort of room I come back to tonight. Will it still be hot, Will it be cooler, Find out tonight!

The anticipation is killing me.

Vampire Bloodlines for 75% off!!! The legends were true!!!

Also grab Breath of Death/Cthulu for $2!!!

$2.50 for Ghostbusters!!! Highly underrated at that price!!!

Rahk said:
According to the GAF thread and twitters it looks like they'll be adding Steam keys later.
He emailed me my key last night.

DeathJr said:
Guide? WTF!
Dat artwork. Loved the artbook for Uncharted 2. Cost me $19 for the hard cover and it looks great. I've got quite a few now. Picked up the Tekken 6 one for $5 the other day.

roosters93 said:
+ DAT SOUNDTRACK.
One of the few movies this year I am actually bothering to go to the cinema for. Looking awesome.

Kritz

Banned
Game Physics exam today. Not sure how well I'll do. Wouldn't be surprised if-

@jeb_ Jens Bergensten
So here is Beta 1.9 pre-release 5: assets.minecraft.net/1_9-pre5/minec… (server is minecraft_server.jar)

wn0Dk.jpg

Omikron

codswallop said:
Whoa, WTF at 0:35... Seriously messed up.

FWIW, the guy that was on the ground is still in an induced coma in hospital. There is some other footage doing the rounds in where it looks like he took a cannister right in the face from only a few metres away. :(

maladroid said:
Saw it today, too (well, yesterday, I suppose). Been a fan of his since Blue Valentine. He's certainly moved on up.
:eek: me too
Although I only finally saw Blue Valentine like 2 months ago in a tiny cinema in Brussels lol.
That movie was depressing as fuck but awesome. Gosling and Williams were phenomenal.

I'm eagerly anticipating the Terrence Malick project starring Gosling if it ever happens. The tree of life was so boss. (still need to see his other shit)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
roosters93 said:
+ DAT SOUNDTRACK.
Was going see Drive yesterday, but I couldn't take my 14-year old brother with me to it, so i ended up seeing "In time" instead which was alright.

Planning on seeing Drive by myself later on next week, after my job interview, so it's all good.

midonnay

I don't get what the big deal is with the GWS Scully nepotism scandal....

Its not like its any worse than what Carlton did with Chris Judd and the off salary cap payments as an environmental officer for VISY (which has been embraced by many clubs including WCE)

Planet_JASE said:
Pregnant. You're probably pregnant.

Congrats.
Well that's a relief. I thought I was getting sick.

I'm not at work today. I feel so tired, but there is no food in the house, so at some point I'll need to go to the shops and get something to eat :(

I'm rewatching Game of Thrones though - it seems so different having read all the books up to and including AFfC

guidop

Omi said:
The guy on the ground yeah, apparently he a two tour vet + purple heart recipient.

Damn, That is all kinds of messed up. Hopefully he recovers quickly, someone like that and with this kind of incident can really sway public opinion.

midonnay

if they're going to give them such a shitty workspace, they may as well just commentate from the hotel room....... in another country :/

jambo

Kritz said:
Game Physics exam today. Not sure how well I'll do. Wouldn't be surprised if-

@jeb_ Jens Bergensten
So here is Beta 1.9 pre-release 5: assets.minecraft.net/1_9-pre5/minec… (server is minecraft_server.jar)

wn0Dk.jpg

I'm not home until Sunday

>_>

Choc

Banned
roosters93 said:
yeah i saw that twice :)

agreed heh

that was a great line but my favourite part has got to be that scene. the one with everything building up to it. that was sooooooooooooooooo funny

really well done romcom, great cast

That scene is absolute genuis, seriously one of the funniest ive seen in a long time and they built it up through the entire scene so well

never saw teh twist coming either, fark

Omikron

Bernbaum said:
My productivity just skyrocketed.

a6100bd9.jpg

Nice talking with y'all.

Our work banned the category 'forums' for quite some time. That was a bit a of an issue considering the amount of googling on dev forums you tend to have to do as a developer :-/

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
The guy on the ground yeah, apparently he a two tour vet + purple heart recipient.

America the land of the FREE MY ARSE

if you cant protest what kind of democracy is that

And they go into ther countries demanding democracy. Look in your own backyard fuckwits. Those cops should go to jail

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
DeathJr said:
You watched a movie where the lead actor is justin timberlake? 0.o
Hey i watched it based on the director + director of photography combo. Shame it didn't live up to their prior works, and it wasn't exactly due to justin timberlake.

It's fucking annoying when a lazy team member says "Nobody has given me work for weeks" then I give him some work to do and he says "Yeah.. I'm not doing that." then goes and has a sook after I go off at him after saying tough shit, just do it.

Fucking hell. I get that he didn't want to do this fucking project, too fucking bad.

fuckdsajkfhdsaklfdsajkfdsa

Megadrive said:
It's fucking annoying when a lazy team member says "Nobody has given me work for weeks" then I give him some work to do and he says "Yeah.. I'm not doing that." then goes and has a sook after I go off at him after saying tough shit, just do it.

Fucking hell. I get that he didn't want to do this fucking project, too fucking bad.

fuckdsajkfhdsaklfdsajkfdsa

So what was he doing for 'weeks'?

Shaneus

Steam sale. Awesome weather. Fuckhead at Newport station taking 2 hours of work away from me. Four day weekend. Forza 4. Daytonaaaa. New Community. New The League.

Wooo.

DualShadow said:
So what was he doing for 'weeks'?

I thought he was tweaking and fixing the AI for the enemies. Apparently instead, he was doing nothing and didn't tell me he was doing nothing, despite me telling everyone at the beginning of the project to TELL ME if they had nothing to do and I would find something for them to do.

Hes just a complaining lazy person.

edit: i turn around and he's not even at his fucking station.

Clipper

On my walk into Uni today, I noticed two policeman in the middle of the road on a side street sitting on their car bonnets and eating snacks. I couldn't figure out what was going on until I walked another block to the entrance of uni and discovered a few dozen more police and a handful of people with signs and stuff.

So yeah, Occupy UNSW apparently... sigh

Top Bottom