• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Clipper

Jintor said:
Good luck getting back clipper
Well, I'm definitely sorted for getting back now. The Virgin flight in the correct direction is booked. The only question now is how much this will put me out of pocket.

I've currently spent $250 on the two flights I have booked back to Sydney. Hopefully Qantas will refund my flight even if they have started operating again (I'm sure they'll need spare seats), which would give me $100 back and there's still the possibility that Virgin will still let me get the 20% discount on the rest, which would make them awesome.

Ydahs

Man, family disputes are the worst.

A shame I missed all the action though. Seven police cars would have been quite the sight.

Choc

Banned
indeed

Ac5ymOBCEAE1BZt.jpg

Clipper

OK, so it turns out it's cheaper to keep my current replacement flight than to switch to the 20% off fare. Now, to find out whether I will get my money back from Qantas...

Choc

Banned
Clipper said:
OK, so it turns out it's cheaper to keep my current replacement flight than to switch to the 20% off fare. Now, to find out whether I will get my money back from Qantas...

it will depend on whether fair work bans it tonight or not

if not, this will go on AGES

Alan Joyce is this what you wanted?

Etihad is applying for emergency clearance to have flights between Sydney and Melbourne to help people fly

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Peter Reith trying to blame Gillard / Labor govt is pretty farking lol worthy.

Yes but Peter Reith still thinks Workchoices is right

he is a fucking nong. And TA blamed gillard, sigh.

If TA was prime minister i guarantee he would not have intervened before now

Ydahs

Kerrby said:
details man, details!
I can't say much but it's the most absurd event that's I've been (indirectly) involved in. Fitting that it happened in the Northern suburbs of Melbourne, where so much shit is already taking place.

Deeku

Went to dinner in the city and saw some furries on the street. I guess they were going to a halloween party but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, Jamie Oliver's new restaurant in Pitt St is shit.

Omikron

Choc said:
Yes but Peter Reith still thinks Workchoices is right

he is a fucking nong. And TA blamed gillard, sigh.

If TA was prime minister i guarantee he would not have intervened before now

Oh absolutely not. But Abbott being hypocritical is hardly a new tactic is it.

Clipper, I had a pretty good experience too with Virgin, in June when I missed my flight (as I was discussing a day or two ago, traffic was crazy for no reason and it took six times as long to get to the airport as it should). When we arrived at the airport I was so stressed I figured I was going to be one of those people you see yelling on those airport shows.

Virgin put us on a different flight for about $30 each (would've been nice if it was $0, but I was so relieved I didn't have to buy another full fared ticket I didn't mind). They were super nice and just made the whole thing really easy.

Also, nice business move by Etihad. I flew with them last year and they were fantastic. Best vegetarian meals I've had on any flight.

Deeku

Fusebox said:
Deek, how so? Food or atmosphere? I was keen to go check it out.
Well, for starters we stood on the street for an hour waiting for a table, which was fair enough since it's new and it's Jamie Oliver. I thought the menu was way to big, so I had no idea what to get since nothing really jumped out at me. Everything on it was really generic stuff. Anyway, I ended up getting a truffle risotto, which was ehhhhhh, I've had much better elsewhere. The only thing good about it was that it's pretty cheap. Most mains were around 20-25 bucks. Oh, but the chips were good!

Go try it out though, I think it's an alright place for a casual dinner. Just don't be like me and expect something amazing because of the name attached to it. Apparently, Jamie didn't even bother coming to the launch.

Oh and get there early!

Choc

Banned
Just finished the Battlefield 3 campaign.

I will try to spoiler out specific bits when talking about them but overall, its a bit of a mess. It's clear that they were going for a COD effect with the game but for mine that does not play to battlefields strengths. Battlefields strengths are its vehicles, and these are hardly utilised in the game. In fact so much so, you could call the game something else and you wouldn't think it was a battlefield game at all.

The love affair that DICE has with Call of Duty is beyond ridiculous. Almost every mission can be traced back to a call of duty mission in terms of style or inspiration

it has a
sniper
mission which is a bit like the ones that COD has featured and also has a mission which is definately around the blackbird mission from COD Black Ops. Even the overall presentation of the campaign is somewhat along the lines of black ops. I kept expecting the main character to be asked TELL ME WHAT THE NUMBERS MEAN.

And there were some moments that seriously bored me. It just felt like generic shooter 101 to be honest. There were most definitely missions that got me excited with
the mission in paris
by far being the best one. By FAR. And at times i found it hard to keep track with the story that was going on.

They need to play to their strengths and put in some vehicular based missions where you can control the arsenal from the multiplayer side of the game. Then it will be a battlefield, not call of duty game.

tldr; dice didnt use its strengths of the battlefield franchise in the single player.

Choc

Banned
Omi you missing an awesome chelsea arsenal game

4-3 arsenal

also

jetstar has pricejacked their fares after QF grounding.

$329 one way to Melb from Syd

sooooooo, i mean, Jetstar is owned by QF. QF grounds and Jetstar jacks, um, surely this is against fair trading?

Yagharek

hamchan said:
This is why I don't get super hyped for games anymore.

Also why I can't feel love anymore :( :( :(

I'm like this too. Then I play Mario Galaxy again.

Also, choc is correct. Most games reviewers are untrustworthy because of the hype cycle. Hyperbole has devalued their opinions completely, except in very rare exceptions.

Also anyone gushing over skyrim must have no ability to detect critical failures so their opinion is invalid. Dragons and medieval stuff is cool. Ballistic horses and falling through solid rock is not.

Dead Man

Choc said:
Omi you missing an awesome chelsea arsenal game

4-3 arsenal

also

jetstar has pricejacked their fares after QF grounding.

$329 one way to Melb from Syd

sooooooo, i mean, Jetstar is owned by QF. QF grounds and Jetstar jacks, um, surely this is against fair trading?
Holy shit, that can't be okay, can it?

Choc

Banned
Given that jetstar is owned by qantas no

and the media better fucking destroy them for it

5-3 arsenal

van persie hattrick @ stamford bridge

awesome

RVP up for new contract, just added a few zeros to the value

Jintor

commanderdeek said:
Yeah, let us know what you think. Maybe we just chose the wrong food.

Jint, we meeting up on Monday?

Hells yes

I'll be working in the library from 12-3. Writing my assignment 2 weeks early so I can focus on law :T

Choc

Banned
HOWARD government minister Peter Reith has attacked Tony Abbott for suggesting that Julia Gillard intervene in the worsening Qantas dispute, declaring it would set back industrial relations policy 30 years.

um

what? really? :eek:

Choc said:
it will depend on whether fair work bans it tonight or not

if not, this will go on AGES

Alan Joyce is this what you wanted?

Etihad is applying for emergency clearance to have flights between Sydney and Melbourne to help people fly
Money in the bank and foot in the door by Etihad. Clever girl.

Clipper

I'm not sure that the Jetstar thing is a price hike really. Those would just be the typical prices they raise to when they only have a few seats left. The same thing happened on Virgin. In the 20 minutes I dilly-dalied trying to decide whether to buy a second ticket or not, the cheapest available price on Brisbane->Sydney went from $114 to $198.

It didn't go down either, I was just lucky that I accidentally reversed my direction and thought a $135 flight was a bargain. I'm quite shocked they didn't charge me extra to reverse the direction over the phone, but very grateful.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what happens. According to the Qantas website, if you have a flight up until the 31st, they'll pay the difference in fair. I just need that to extend one more day for me to qualify to have this whole debacle essentially cost me nothing at all.

Darklord

Banned
Fuck, I chipped a tiny bit of my tooth. It's really small that I can barely even see it but boy to I feel it. Smooth everywhere then jaggered bone right there. Argh!

Omikron

Choc said:
Given that jetstar is owned by qantas no

and the media better fucking destroy them for it

5-3 arsenal

van persie hattrick @ stamford bridge

awesome

RVP up for new contract, just added a few zeros to the value

I fell asleep soon after Walcott made it 3-2 to ARsenal. Fark :D

midonnay

reptilescorpio said:
It was nice of qantas to advertise the decision so far in advance so customers had plenty of time to make other arrangements

they've had it planned 10 days in advance but still let irate passengers be inconvenienced literally at the runway.

To cut their services at the drop of a hat has pretty much destroyed any goodwill left towards their longterm service. Basically every businessman in the country is wondering why buy a quants ticket now if that could happen to me

midonnay

omg, anyone watching Insiders?

they just showed Kevin Rudd's impassioned speech to the people to rid the world of..... polio....

so embarrassing o_O

Top Bottom