• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Shaneus

hamchan said:
I remember I used to like Rove. Then I started watching talk shows with hosts that are actually funny and ask good questions, like Conan, Letterman and Jonathan Ross.
He's a glorified Daryl Somers. It's surprising just how good Wossy is, especially when you think that with his speech quirks that they'd become annoying very quickly but you get over them once you see how funny and relaxed he is with his guests. I must start downloading more of his shows. Graham Norton is good, too.

Fogz

I've been getting into Craig Ferguson's show lately, mainly because its been on right at the time I've been looking for something to watch. Even though its not realllly much of a chat show. Balls.

Graham Norton is pretty good

Dead Man

roosters93 said:
I know it's not a very popular opinion round these parts, but I don't find Craig Ferguson very funny at all.
I expected I would hate him, but I can watch that show for hours at a time. :/

midonnay

traditional talk shows suck....

can't even stand Conan. If it wasn't for the guests I wouldn't even bother.

Fake news is where its at.

Bernbaum

One of my best mates was someone I met seven years ago at uni. We didn't get along at all but were lumped together for tutorials for a couple of classes and had to put up with each other for months.

Two things brought us together: a shared appreciation for the works of Elliot Smith; and mutual contempt for Rove McManus.

I was in his bridal party this year. Thanks Rove.

Kerrby

Banned
roosters93 said:
I know it's not a very popular opinion round these parts, but I don't find Craig Ferguson very funny at all.

This is the worst post I've ever read, Craig Ferguson is the man and you should feel bad and ban yourself. There are no other words to put it, hand your head in shame and walk out the door.

Bernbaum

So I watch 'Get him to the Greek' which was a right good laugh and yet I'm infatuated with this geeky girl who appears for one shot with no lines. She's the girl right at the end of this delightful scene. I do some internet homework and learn it's Ellie Kemper - the goofy girl from the Office who is cute as fuck even if they've written her to be as dimensional as a blank A4 piece of paper.

Then I learn she has much larger role in 'Bridesmaids' which I missed in theaters but heard good things about. I do some more internet homework for when it comes on video so I can rent it, and learn it will be in my Blockbuster this coming Thursday.

I then remember that Thursday is Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception day and life has come full circle.

midonnay

VOOK said:
Four days away from the computer, what did I miss...

games-journalismaf8t.gif

Deeku

Bernbaum said:
I then remember that Thursday is Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception day and life has come full circle.
I am so ready for Thursday. The plan is to finish it in a day or two so I can get back to preparing for my last set of uni exams.

Jintor

I was going to spend today writing up my essay, but instead I spent all day planning my essay and watching Young Justice.

Goddamn I'm a sucker for superhero animation.

Shaneus

Bernbaum said:
So I watch 'Get him to the Greek' which was a right good laugh and yet I'm infatuated with this geeky girl who appears for one shot with no lines. She's the girl right at the end of this delightful scene. I do some internet homework and learn it's Ellie Kemper - the goofy girl from the Office who is cute as fuck even if they've written her to be as dimensional as a blank A4 piece of paper.

Then I learn she has much larger role in 'Bridesmaids' which I missed in theaters but heard good things about. I do some more internet homework for when it comes on video so I can rent it, and learn it will be in my Blockbuster this coming Thursday.
People in that scene who also have decent TV shows are Nick Kroll (The League) and Aziz Ansari (Parks & Rec).

Bernbaum

commanderdeek said:
I am so ready for Thursday. The plan is to finish it in a day or two so I can get back to preparing for my last set of uni exams.
I reckon I can bash out half of it Thursday. Might even come into work early so I can get out the door a bit quicker.

I'll have to think up excuses for people that want to pull me out of the house on the weekend.

"Um, my er.... Grandfather's dog's homework has cancer."

Haven't been looking forward to a game this much in a long time. Last week's play of UC2 only served to stoke the flames.

-

Finished Gears 3. What a bonza game!

Shaneus said:
People in that scene who also have decent TV shows are Nick Kroll (The League) and Aziz Ansari (Parks & Rec).
I recognized both, even Kroll sans beard sporting a goofy faux-hawk.

Is Parks & Rec a thing that should exist in my life? I enjoyed the Office US and defended it (for the years when it wasn't a bore).

Shaneus

I never got into Parks and Rec as much as a lot of other people, but some absolutely swear by it. It's worth it for every scene that has Ron Swanson in it, but the other characters I could take or leave. I guess like The Office in that regard... you either love it or only like it.

Ron Swanson's Pyramid of Greatness

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't suppose somebody can tell me when PCCG close up shop for the Christmas/New Year period?

Rahk

reptilescorpio said:
I'm old and I'm tired. Next holiday will be sans child.

Also secondapps has broken the quote tag. Quite difficult to read now. Giveth and taketh away.
Hmm, still seems fine for me.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
BF3 with ausgaffers was fun over the weekend. Hopefully we don't get bored by next weekend and can do it again.

I don't mind the voice chat of battlelog, It seems to work well enough and saves me from having to install mumble, vent or ts. Although it's safe to say mumble probably is better, the sound quality seemed fine enough via battlelog though.

Shooting people in videogames and throwing ammo at people is fun!

Rahk said:
Hmm, still seems fine for me.
Running on Android, samsubg galaxy s2.

Fixed the post screen so it lets you see what you are typing and diesnt autoscroll to the bottom of the screen but now tgey quote tag doesnt put a box around the quote. Ill send him an email once I get home. Had the best of both worlds yesterday.

Clipper

jambo said:
No AusGAF since Friday arvo, anything interesting happen?
You missed me fretting about how I was going to get back to Sydney, given I flew to Brissy on Saturday morning on Qantas.

Here's the summary of my posts and/or mental state, essentially:
  1. Oh crap, did I just hear on the TV in the other room that Qantas just grounded all flights? Quick, run, listen to that news!
  2. Oh crap, do I rebook on this $114 flight with Virgin now, or wait it out to see if Qantas will be back by Tuesday and risk being stranded?
  3. (20 minutes later) Oh crap, Virgin flight is now $198. Why did I dilly dally?
  4. Ooh, Virgin has announced they'll do a special rate and I just need to F5 like crazy for a while for the actual details to be announced...
  5. Ooh, 20% off deal announced. Let's check prices again. Oh, there's a $135 flight now! 20% off page isn't up yet, but I'm desperate... BUY BUY BUY!
  6. Oh crap, that flight I booked was from Sydney to Brisbane, not Brisbane to Sydney! And I haven't received the confirmation e-mail, so I don't know my reference number, and the resend itinerary link recognises me, but I don't get those e-mails it says it sends either. Time to ring Virgin...
  7. On hold
  8. Still on hold
  9. Have I been on hold for an hour?
  10. Yay, a person! Oh, you can switch direction and you won't charge me a thing, even though the current prices are $198 on the real direction? Thank you so much.
  11. Ooh, 20% off page came up at last. The deal I got was cheaper than the 20% off, so that's cool.
  12. Oh crap. Qantas is only saying they'll refund tickets up until the 31st so far. Will I get my money back? Let's see...
  13. (Next Morning) Oh crap, Virgin announced new flights and now the $114 price is back, which is $91 when you take the 20% off. Time to go on hold again...
  14. On h... oh hello, how the hell did I get straight onto you after two seconds of hold? Anyway, will you let me save a ton of money? Oh, I just have to order the new ticket and you'll refund the old? Give me a sec... ordered... and you've refunded me... yay!
  15. Ooh, let's see what Qantas website says. Oh, refund date has switched to be November 2! Now just let me feverishly fill in that form...
  16. Ah, time to rest, I've got a new flight on Virgin cheaper than my Qantas one and I should get my money back from Qantas even if they restart by Tuesday... phew!

That was a fun ride...

Axiom

Uncharted and Sonic on the same day is so bad for my wallet.

My brain is more confused about me buying a new Sonic game.

Edit: No issues with quotes on Xperia Play

Top Bottom