• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jintor said:
The heck is with Twitter and randomly unfollowing people? I lost vooks for I'm not really sure how long.

Don't worry all you missed was some bitching on MW3 and my work, some lols and a picture of my shoe. I'm not even kidding.

3chopl0x said:
You don't lose vooks, vooks loses you.

Sorry I've lost you on that one.

pilonv1 said:
vooks is now R18+

I've been 18+ for 7 years now. Fuck I'm getting old :p

In other news, our current review list;

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Super Mario 3D Land
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (Wii)
Mario and Sonic 2012
Sonic Generations
Professor Layton 4
Rayman Origins
James Noir’s Hollywood Crimes
Cave Story 3D
and Mario Kart 7

I think that's it. We've also got no review code for anything yet, oh boy this will be fun.

Danoss

Also, in regards to the BF3 server, do you guys want a VoIP server to compliment that?

I have a 15 slot Ventrilo server that is currently going unused. I can quite easily convert it to Mumble if that is the preferred client.

SR3 got all 9's in Famitsu. Hype rising.

FUCK I FORGOT THAT BLOODY BATMAN HAD BEEN DELAYED TODAY AGAIN! WTF WB! DO YOU HATE MONEY OR SOMETHING?

VOOK said:
James Noir’s Hollywood Crimes
Is this on DS or 3DS? Would totally be up for reviewing it for you if it is DS.

VOOK

reptilescorpio said:
Is this on DS or 3DS? Would totally be up for reviewing it for you if it is DS.

It's on the 3DS, its one of the few games to actually use the 3D for puzzles (perspective and stuff).

Fogz

JINTOR!

ir6fnh7H3Zs70.jpg

:D

VOOK

Sutton Dagger said:
Anyone else tried Zelda:SS on Dolphin? It looks amazing but only runs at 20 fps :(

The demo.. or did the full game leak now?

Omi said:
The lack of air con in our office is really starting to give me the shits. I will ranting like choc presently.

cunts.

The skinny bitches next door turn our aircon off in 32 degree weather because they're cold. FFS we have no windows.

Clipper

Since when are we calling release dates embargoes?

Edit: I guess it does fit the dictionary definition of the word, but I haven't really seen it used in this context until today...

Clipper

Sutton Dagger said:
Anyone else tried Zelda:SS on Dolphin? It looks amazing but only runs at 20 fps :(
I'd clarify that you're talking about the SS demo there, as otherwise you'd probably be going on a little vacation very soon...

Edit: Oops, hadn't read VOOK's post... my bad :(

VOOK said:
The demo.. or did the full game leak now?

Sorry, should have clarified, the demo. I'm just testing it out to see if the game will actually run on my machine, I'm getting the Motion+ bundle as I don't own a motion+ remote yet. Someone posted a better config and now it's running at 30FPS @ 1080p...man, this is how it needs to be played, it's gorgeous.

Rahk

Danoss said:
Also, in regards to the BF3 server, do you guys want a VoIP server to compliment that?

I have a 15 slot Ventrilo server that is currently going unused. I can quite easily convert it to Mumble if that is the preferred client.
If you're not using it that would be awesome for BF3 and other random games that AusGAF very occasionally plays together.

Mumble is much better than Ventrillo, so if it's possible to convert it that would be great.

hamchan said:
Too damn hot today.
Was up around 30 degrees and humid as shit an hour ago.

Dark clouds came in, the crackling in the air did not bode well

Suddenly the sun disappears, scores of lights brighten the darkness with the power of a hundred shop fronts. Dread comes into our minds.

Suddenly CRACK! The flashing of blades in the sky. Thunder rains down upon our ears for minutes upon end. And then the floods were unleashed.

Drenching down and across our bodies, with the gale force winds trying to tear the strength from our bones, water gushing up over the bounds of our engineered streets.

Is this the end?

Oh shit, looks like it has passed now. Rain has died off and the sky is a lighter colour of grey now. Happy days! Means I can shoot down to Dan Murphys after work for a slab of Becks ($30 with coupon) and not have to deal with the undead and such.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Really? Not wanting to sound like someone who stereotypes people but I always assumed he was gay, mostly based on his voice and the way he dressed. Some of the songs on the second album certainly made me think he was indeed gay, not that it really matters. I just want another album of Silent Alarm tracks. :(

Also he is dead right about Oasis, never changed it up. Bloc Party changed genre of music entirely though so they didn't quite take the example of The Beatles correctly.
I never really heard many tracks outside of the few singles and one or two on Silent Alarm. Never bothered chasing down any other album. In most of the photos I'd seen him in I didn't really put his dress sense outside of what was trendy at the time. Only thing that might be slightly stereotypically "gay" would have been his soft-spokenness, but that's only somewhat unusual amongst frontmen. Look at Thom Yorke, for example.

Anyway, he is what he is and I still reckon he's a fuckawesome dude.

And yes, I want another Silent Alarm. Spun me out that a track in the menus of Forza 2 was also on that disc (hint: Positive Tension).

reptilescorpio said:
Download JDownloader and copy the link. You really shouldn't download anything over a few MB in anything other than JDownloader.
Is that a like a downloading program for Jewish people? Only because they have that JDate thing in the US, figured everything prefixed with a J might have that association (like "i" with Apple).
jambo said:
I'd love a classic arena style shooter, Quake IV: Arena or UT4.
Fuck that. Smash TV motherfucker. On a mass scale.

markot said:
I dont buy games from Publishers that close the studios >_< it seems unfair imo! (Although that then justifies their shutting down of the studio 'omg look at sales!'.... Hmm)

Its why I avoided Blur when it was on sale, Also that vampire masqurade game!
Eh, I bought Blur and Blood Stone cheap, love them to death. You're supporting the memory of Bizarre, not the business practices of Activision.

Gazunta said:
I just spoke with Microsoft, they said Crackdown 3 will be on my 360 this afternoon.

There's an embargo.
Expect a C&D by dinner.

reptilescorpio said:
SR3 got all 9's in Famitsu. Hype rising.
Awesome. Saw the review on GG last night and whilst kind of offended (and perhaps, understandably so) that you could do wrestle moves on the public, they liked it. No cover system at all to speak of sucks, though :(
Co-op buddy?

FUCK I FORGOT THAT BLOODY BATMAN HAD BEEN DELAYED TODAY AGAIN! WTF WB! DO YOU HATE MONEY OR SOMETHING?
It's the Renegade Ops of PC gaming. Wait. It's the Renegade Ops of 2011. Or something.
jambo said:
11/11/11

Up for pre-load on Steam

EDIT: Fuck you Omi
Joystiq scores for Skyrim? Or IGNs?

I missed this. Cross device media. Enhancing the experience. Would prefer it was free at this point to try and get the ball rolling as I would like to see it become more wide spread.

Shaneus said:
Eh, I bought Blur and Blood Stone cheap, love them to death. You're supporting the memory of Bizarre, not the business practices of Activision.
I think as long as I buy the games heavily discounted there won't be too much money flowing back to the offending publisher. Like Party Animals for $6 or Blood Stone for $10.

Danoss

Rahk said:
If you're not using it that would be awesome for BF3 and other random games that AusGAF very occasionally plays together.

Mumble is much better than Ventrillo, so if it's possible to convert it that would be great.
Done!

I thought I would have to send in a ticket to have this done. Turns out this option is there in the control panel. Too easy!

Just getting the server name changed (as that's the one thing I can't control) from its default and it'll be good to go.

I don't know how to hide the server details with the email thing or whatever, so I'll drop by in Steam chat later with the details.

Also, let me know if there's something that you'd like configured a certain way or whatever and I'll get on it.

And you've gone from Scottish to Irish?

reptilescorpio said:
Means I can shoot down to Dan Murphys after work for a slab of Becks ($30 with coupon) and not have to deal with the undead and such.

Where do you gets coupons?

Salazar said:
Anyone got any good WMA to MP3 conversion recommendations ?
FILE FACTORY FOR ALL YOUR CONVERSION NEEDS!

Actually use AGK for converting DVD's. Can't remember the program I use for joining avi files together at the moment though.

markot said:
Conquest without 64 players >.<?! Madness!

If I can get more contributors I can potentially raise the server to a 48 player server.

That only really requires a few more people putting in $5 a month actually because we've pretty much got it covered as it is now for the 32 player servers.

Personally I find that the 64 player servers are a bit too crowded and a bit too hectic for my preferences, 32 is fun and 48 is just about right for the huge levels, and a bit crowded for some of the smaller levels. between 32 and 48 is about right, I'd be happy to raise the size to 48.

Top Bottom