• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Echoplx

Man, why would anyone use D2D for non Steamworks games..

iUkZYVMqgUDEx.png

markot

Banned
I just made a joke about Germans, and you know what, after 2 world wars, youd think that would entitle them to be the but of jokes for a few hundred years at least >.<!

And I thought Skyrim was steamworks >.>?

Deeku

markots back!

Waikis said:
HAHAHA Holycheck, I just got a phonecall from Deloitte. I am in! even after the botched interview! Lol
Nice work, I got rejected by them last year. Good thing I got accepted by someone else. But yeah, great place to work at!

Jintor

For anyone who gives a shit about UMvC3, Phoenix Wright's ultimate move one-shots most of the cast in X-factor. It's probably the most powerful hyper combo in the game D:

remz

Jintor said:
For anyone who gives a shit about UMvC3, Phoenix Wright's ultimate move one-shots most of the cast in X-factor. It's probably the most powerful hyper combo in the game D:
Take that, indeed!

SWEET SWEET JUSTICE.

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
There are lots of exceptions to choc's 'street date breaks shouldn't happen' rule.

no

not really :) lol im glad MW3 didnt break, i'll be glad if halo does not

but

it does seem a little silly on the surface. Of course the 15th is teh 10 years etc etc so makes sense

:)

but you can already play that game ;)

edit: Activision has confirmed new cod for 2012

sigh :)

hamchan

3chopl0x said:
I'm hearing that Target/EB will be breaking street date on Skyrim around 3pm today..

I've been hearing that too. Don't know if it's true or not but I sure hope so.

Choc said:

Was already confirmed when Black Ops sold 20 million and confirmed again when MW3 sells another 20 million!

Choc said:
Street dating games which have been out 10 yrs is dumb ;)
What? But what if all the retailers haven't received stock yet? It isn't fair on everyone who is going to the effort of stocking the game for us.

Choc said:

More predictable than MW3 being a million seller.

markot

Banned
Why arent people getting sick of COD >_<?

I think I need to hit them in the head with all those surplus guitar hero instruments...

What sucks about steamworks, is that even if they break the street date, Steam dont let you play >_>;

Omikron

Choc said:
no

not really :) lol im glad MW3 didnt break, i'll be glad if halo does not

but

it does seem a little silly on the surface. Of course the 15th is teh 10 years etc etc so makes sense

:)

but you can already play that game ;)

The only game of late you have gotten really fired up about breaking was Battlefield 3.

Something is fishy.

Choc

Banned
markot said:

I think I need to hit them in the head with all those surplus guitar hero instruments...

What sucks about steamworks, is that even if they break the street date, Steam dont let you play >_>;[/QUOTE]

its actually why a shit ton of publishers like steam works

hamchan

markot said:

What sucks about steamworks, is that even if they break the street date, Steam dont let you play >_>;

I think people aren't getting sick of CoD because humans in general enjoy the act of shooting guns. I don't think people will ever get sick of shooting guns, and CoD is currently the best shooter on consoles in terms of how the game feels with its 60fps.

So I think whatever usurps the CoD throne some day will just be another FPS.

Choc

Banned
ive got to be honest

the first 4 missions of COD MW3 are fucking awesome. seriously, its so action packed its insane.

its the one night stand of video games, but man while it lasts it delivers

markot

Banned
Speaking of single player fps games. BF3 is a joke! Its so boring I cant stand playing more than 5 minutes of the damn thing... Why did EA even try?

I miss the good old days of good and interesting single player fps games, games like Goldeneye! No One Lives Forver 2! And so forth! Now they are all just trying to cod it up but fail all the time >.<

Quick question: Has a distributor/developer ever given Steam the go ahead to hit the button and activate a Steamworks release early due to street date break?

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Nice topic change, I want more dissection of chocobias.

haha im not biased. Like i said i would prefer nothing breaks, it makes it a whole lot easier on the industry not having to deal with shit like this, especially being in Australia and us being the first to brea kworldwide and US arms complaining their plans are ruined blah blah

anyway

repeat, i don't want Halo to break :p my point was supposed to be a joke. The game has been available a decade, yet we have to wait till tuesday to play it :p

Choc

Banned
BanShunsaku said:
Quick question: Has a distributor/developer ever given Steam the go ahead to hit the button and activate a Steamworks release early due to street date break?

Nope not that i am aware of. 2K was going to with Borderlands and then changed their mind.

It's not actually an easy thing to do.

Kritz

Banned
hamchan said:
I think people aren't getting sick of CoD because humans in general enjoy the act of shooting guns. I don't think people will ever get sick of shooting guns, and CoD is currently the best shooter on consoles in terms of how the game feels with its 60fps.

So I think whatever usurps the CoD throne some day will just be another FPS.

Maybe even one with jump-pads!

:( I actually kinda miss the "every shooter copying Halo" trend. Because at the least you didn't have this weapon upgrade game unbalancing bullshit.

jambo

I'd love a classic arena style shooter, Quake IV: Arena or UT4.

At least there's a new Tribes, I'll be on tonight if anyone else grabbed it, handle is jambo.

markot said:
Speaking of single player fps games. BF3 is a joke! Its so boring I cant stand playing more than 5 minutes of the damn thing... Why did EA even try?

I miss the good old days of good and interesting single player fps games, games like Goldeneye! No One Lives Forver 2! And so forth! Now they are all just trying to cod it up but fail all the time >.<

Can't wait for Half-Life 3

=D

;__;

markot

Banned
Speaking of ;__;

Do any of you guys get into betas like Tribes and Dota 2 >_<?

I like to think they hate me cause I am in Australia and not because I am me!

(Doesnt count if you are in the industry bizzness!)

hamchan

Choc said:
ive got to be honest

the first 4 missions of COD MW3 are fucking awesome. seriously, its so action packed its insane.

its the one night stand of video games, but man while it lasts it delivers

I know right! It's like the most explosions per minute ever seen in a game.

Choc said:
Nope not that i am aware of. 2K was going to with Borderlands and then changed their mind.

It's not actually an easy thing to do.

Thought so. I just remember a couple of times games have still had a countdown on them on the morning of release day and then all of a sudden they are available.

But they were probably not Steamworks, not sure if that would have made any difference.

Either way, even if Skyrim leaks today and they could theoretically push the button for PC release, I kind of hope they don't. I have had my Skyrim leave organised for a while now and I'd rather just wait until Friday to sit down with it. If it released early on Steam there is no way I could resist firing it up before then!

Jintor

markot said:
Speaking of ;__;

Do any of you guys get into betas like Tribes and Dota 2 >_<?

I like to think they hate me cause I am in Australia and not because I am me!

(Doesnt count if you are in the industry bizzness!)

Nevermind.

markot

Banned
Am I stupid for really despising Oblivion but kinda wanting Skyrim >_<?

The main story line, oblivion gates, leveling system, combat system... etc... all completely sucked swolen monkey ass in Oblivion... Are they still suckulent in Skyrim >.>?

Top Bottom