• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

ColonialRaptor said:
If I can get more contributors I can potentially raise the server to a 48 player server.

That only really requires a few more people putting in $5 a month actually because we've pretty much got it covered as it is now for the 32 player servers.

Personally I find that the 64 player servers are a bit too crowded and a bit too hectic for my preferences, 32 is fun and 48 is just about right for the huge levels, and a bit crowded for some of the smaller levels. between 32 and 48 is about right, I'd be happy to raise the size to 48.

I will 2nd the 48 size as a pretty good number.

Also is there a list of battlelog names for people, any chance someone can make a googledoc or something for AusGAF members battlelog names. Would love to play with you guys more often, i actually saw Clivepwned in a server the other day by chance but don't think you noticed me saying hi in chat, too busy killing me :D

Also can someone relink the AusGAF platoon, thanks

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
GBqi2.gif

lol

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:
vook did you import mario as well

also haev you played dual pen sports?

Nope I did not, I thought it's close enough I'll just wait for a review copy. I actually put faith in Nintendo to get us one kinda early so we can have a review up in time. So far....

edit: I should note I NEVER expect review games, I'm happy to pay for any and all of them. But if I'm going to get a copy a week after an import there's no point. Especially when there's already a ton of media out for a game. If it's something like MH Tri G where no one is going to cover it, we'll get it.

I don't have it, I didn't even know it was out here until I saw it in the store.

jambo

MrSerrels said:
Aw goddammit.

I'm actually stupidly excited for Super Mario 3D Land.

As someone who is supposed to be a critical unbiased reviewer this is ridiculous

Your review of the game is now invalid, especially if its positive

And games journalists wonder why they are generally so loathed and people crap on them

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
As someone who is supposed to be a critical unbiased reviewer this is ridiculous

And games journalists wonder why they are generally so loathed and people crap on them

lol

point taken jambo. Its still not mark dancing with it, recording it and uploading it to youtube that takes major effort :p

VOOK

markot said:
Did anyone post the tanooki hat EB is giving away with Mario land 3d?! ANYONE?!

I saw it, I'll include it in my price round up article. I'm advertising for EB in a story before release.

Aon

Choc said:
lol

point taken jambo. Its still not mark dancing with it, recording it and uploading it to youtube that takes major effort :p

Naa, with the internet now that shit is dangerously easy.

MrSerrels

jambo said:

lol!

This is why I don't do reviews!

Jintor

Well, media is done forever (assuming I didn't fail anything). Handed in final assignment. Now time for LAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAW

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I missed this. Cross device media. Enhancing the experience. Would prefer it was free at this point to try and get the ball rolling as I would like to see it become more wide spread.
HOLY FUCK, just had the best idea. A code included with the game for the App Store that lets you get it for free! That way you're not crippling the game in the slightest, just removing an incentive for people who have that particular phone to buy the game new.

Choc said:
http://content.ebgames.com.au/website/images/detail/154398_detail_v2.jpg[img]

surely not being licensed by Nintendo means tehy can't call it a tanooki hat[/QUOTE]
Jar Jar Binks hat?

jambo

Choc said:
http://content.ebgames.com.au/website/images/detail/154398_detail_v2.jpg[img]

surely not being licensed by Nintendo means tehy can't call it a tanooki hat[/QUOTE]

Sub-license?

VOOK

There's a toadstool hat as well.

It's just EB's way of trying to get you to forget they charge RRP for everything.

Isnt tanooki (tanuki) a pretty common Japanese folklore thing? I doubt Nintendo owns it.

I may be mistaken though.

Edit: red headed stepchild

Rahk

Yeah, there's even a Studio Ghibli movie about them.

Yeah, it's a folklore animal, not real.

Edit: OK, maybe they are real! I presume they only have gigantic testicles in folklore though...

Omikron

Jintor, you are going to Japan.

pizzasizebk.PNG

Some of you may remember the BK Whopper Bar in New York City's 9.5" diameter Pizza Burger from 2010. Well, a version of that monster has crossed the globe to hit the stomachs of Japanese eaters.

Dubbed the "Pizza-Size Burger," the BK Japan take is slightly smaller (8.8") and doesn't got for the tomato sauce and melted cheese trappings of the NYC version. Instead, it's four overlapping Whopper patties on a bun that can be, at least theoretically, easily divided for group-style noshing.

Is your stomach ready?

Marshmellow said:
I will 2nd the 48 size as a pretty good number.

Also is there a list of battlelog names for people, any chance someone can make a googledoc or something for AusGAF members battlelog names. Would love to play with you guys more often, i actually saw Clivepwned in a server the other day by chance but don't think you noticed me saying hi in chat, too busy killing me :D

Also can someone relink the AusGAF platoon, thanks

I usually ignore the text but hi anyway.

Might see peeps in CoD. I'm done with BF3 for a bit after today.

markot

Banned
I want a Tanuki now >.< they are adorable!

And yeah, paying RRP is for suckers.

>.>.... I hope I can get Zelda + Wiimote for < 100!

VOOK

commanderdeek said:
I think vook is referring to the Mario Kart preorder bonus, which is also not a toadstool hat lol

That is correct.

Of all people why would I get that wrong? lol

edit: Choc you should review SM3DL for us now ;) :p

Choc

Banned
152857_detail_v2.jpg

now surely THAT is copyright

Vook you noticed super mario does not have the can be played in 2d and 3d

but kart does

?

super mario 3d only?

VOOK

Choc said:
152857_detail_v2.jpg

now surely THAT is copyright

Vook you noticed super mario does not have the can be played in 2d and 3d

but kart does

?

super mario 3d only?

3D Mario has two types of 3D (innie and outtie) but no.

This is from the NAL press site;

4XN3M.png

EB using BS box shots.

Choc

Banned
EBGamesAus EB Games Australia
Fake receipts flying around for #Skyrim guys, be warned! We aren't selling until we say so over our official channels.
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

lol

Clipper

I did wonder how long it would take people to start making photoshopped receipts in order to trigger street date breakages. Thank goodness it hasn't worked here.

Top Bottom