• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

markot said:
Am I stupid for really despising Oblivion but kinda wanting Skyrim >_<?

The main story line, oblivion gates, leveling system, combat system... etc... all completely sucked swolen monkey ass in Oblivion... Are they still suckulent in Skyrim >.>?

Markot i am exactly the same. Have interest in Skyrim and am looking forward to sinking teeth into it, but i can't play past the 1st 30 minutes of Oblivion before i get so bored i would rather be knitting.

Would it be a good or bad idea to buy Happy Feet 2? Would it be telling the publisher I am willing to support them in laying off developers or that they can get a project together quickly to keep people in a job for a short while? Conflict.

markot said:
I miss the good old days of good and interesting single player fps games, games like Goldeneye! No One Lives Forver 2! And so forth! Now they are all just trying to cod it up but fail all the time >.<
Too bad Monolith were gutted. :(

Also COD is popular because people like that type of game. It will be superseded by a similar shooting game, all those people won't convert directly across to Final Fantasy or something.

Also chocobias is entertaining.

jambo said:
Can't wait for Half-Life 3

=D

;__;
THERE IS NO FUCKING CAKE ALL RIGHT!

jambo said:
I'd love a classic arena style shooter, Quake IV: Arena or UT4.
Too bad that Quake Live and UT3 were bomba. Won't see a big release in that style again for a while. Will be done to the indies like Serious Sam 3 to scratch that itch.

Gazunta said:
And guys where are you hearing this 3PM thing from?
Whirlpool is the go to forum for pre-release of a game. Can be quite entertaining sometimes too.

markot

Banned
I dont buy games from Publishers that close the studios >_< it seems unfair imo! (Although that then justifies their shutting down of the studio 'omg look at sales!'.... Hmm)

Its why I avoided Blur when it was on sale, Also that vampire masqurade game!

commissar

I want to take this opportunity to say that Quake Live is totally awesome and you all should play it.
The subscription set up is not perfect (while I subscribe to it, I think there should be no premium maps it's fucking retarded) but goddamn it's a lot of fun.

The people playing are a good bunch for the most part. I can only think of one sore loser/ungracious winner, and he seems to have calmed down these past few weeks :]

Total download is like 400mb and it's free!
(AusGAF Friday game :D?)

jambo

I think I have a fucking Quake Live sub, Syth or evl or someone kept going on about it so I bought 12 months. I don't think I've touched it since :lol

EDIT: Yeah I have a Quake Live Premium sub haha, handle is jambowned

Might play some on Monday, got the day off.

Deeku

Speaking of videogames, I just came back from getting a haircut. And I don't know about you guys, but when I drive, I like looking into the rear view mirror to see what the person behind me is doing. So I looked, and this woman was brushing her teeth!! Is this a common thing?

I also scraped my dad's car against the corner of a wall in our garage, good thing it's the older car...

commanderdeek said:
Speaking of videogames, I just came back from getting a haircut. And I don't know about you guys, but when I drive, I like looking into the rear view mirror to see what the person behind me is doing. So I looked, and this woman was brushing her teeth!! Is this a common thing?

I also scraped my dad's car against the corner of a wall in our garage, good thing it's the older car...

I've seen guys shaving in their car, saw a dude reading the paper while he was stopped at the lights.

Gazunta

So far it's just a lot of "my mate heard from a guy who's cousin works at a store..." type stuff.

In other news, getting a man cave installed in the back yard IS A PAIN IN THE ASS SERIOUSLY

Gazunta said:
So far it's just a lot of "my mate heard from a guy who's cousin works at a store..." type stuff.

In other news, getting a man cave installed in the ass IS A PAIN IN THE BACK YARD SERIOUSLY

I'm dyslexic

"What to expect from Skyrim Street Date Breaks that can be learned from Nintendo."

Echoplx

Gazunta said:

In other news, getting a man cave installed in the back yard IS A PAIN IN THE ASS SERIOUSLY

I guess we'll find out soon

Just spoke with Target, they said there is no embargo and will release it once they receive stock which is expected today.

Echoplx

Gazunta said:
I just spoke with Microsoft, they said Crackdown 3 will be on my 360 this afternoon.

There's an embargo.

Hey now, I'm just saying we'll see what happens, not trying to say anyone is right or wrong.

Deeku

Damn, JB took Infamous 2 off the trade in list for MW3:(

Screw all those people that bought 5 cheap copies of Infamous 2 to get 5 free MW3s!

Gazunta

3chopl0x said:
Hey now, I'm just saying we'll see what happens, not trying to say anyone is right or wrong.
Oh man don't get me wrong - I really appreciate you looking out for this.

Just maddening that the rumour mill is in full frenzy. :)

Omikron

Gazunta said:
Oh man don't get me wrong - I really appreciate you looking out for this.

Just maddening that the rumour mill is in full frenzy. :)

Will you be laying a smackdown on whoever breaks first? :p

Echoplx

This is more like it

izsIFIv1ABroo.png

commanderdeek said:

Death Jnr. Swyping while driving. I assume that is how his brief time on our earth ended. Burn bright, burn fast, burn hard.

Gazunta

A guy I know's dad works with a guy who was on the bus with someone who said that Target and Kmart both have bans on the checkout system with the game. If someone tries to buy it, the system won't let them.

Gazunta said:
A guy I know's dad works with a guy who was on the bus with someone who said that Target and Kmart both have bans on the checkout system with the game. If someone tries to buy it, the system won't let them.
That is weird. I just bought copies from BOTH Kmart and Target. I will post copies of my receipts when I get home next week.

Deeku

reptilescorpio said:
Death Jnr. Swyping while driving. I assume that is how his brief time on our earth ended. Burn bright, burn fast, burn hard.
I was waiting for someone to reference this:lol

Anyway, I think deathjr is scheduled to make his return in the next few days. Brace yourselves!

Hey Guys,

So, I bought the AusGAF BF3 server which is here - Link

It cost's me $55 to maintain.

I had a fair few people say that they would be willing to pitch in some money to keep it going.

I sure can't afford $55 at the moment, so if anyone wants to help pitch in, it would be a beaut help :)

All I'm asking is for $5 from 5 ppl.

We currently have two admin. Myself and supersaw_aus are the admin's.

$10 gives you Mod rights to the server. This will all you to be our mod, kick players that aren't behaving or appear to be cheating (but this should only be VERY rare, we must be 99% sure they are cheating and you must have witnessed it yourself so in most cases, don't make that call) will also give you the option to restart a match, skip a level etc

If you donate, your name goes on the priority access list.

If we get two more admin then we only need one more contribution of $5 from 1 person.

Please PM me for Payment details :)

Danoss

So, where's everyone grabbing Skyrim from? I wasn't paying much attention to the chatter about it.

$70 from Dickies still seems far too steep.

Danoss said:
So, where's everyone grabbing Skyrim from? I wasn't paying much attention to the chatter about it.

$70 from Dickies still seems far too steep.
OzGameShop will have the GOTY edition in 2013 for $30. That is my course of action. 2012 will have New Vegas Ultimate Edition to handle my Gamebyro needs.

Bernbaum

ColonialRaptor said:
Hey Guys,

So, I bought the AusGAF BF3 server which is here - Link

It cost's me $55 to maintain.

I had a fair few people say that they would be willing to pitch in some money to keep it going.

I sure can't afford $55 at the moment, so if anyone wants to help pitch in, it would be a beaut help :)

All I'm asking is for $5 from 5 ppl.

We currently have two admin. Myself and supersaw_aus are the admin's.

$10 gives you Mod rights to the server. This will all you to be our mod, kick players that aren't behaving or appear to be cheating (but this should only be VERY rare, we must be 99% sure they are cheating and you must have witnessed it yourself so in most cases, don't make that call) will also give you the option to restart a match, skip a level etc

If you donate, your name goes on the priority access list.

If we get two more admin then we only need one more contribution of $5 from 1 person.

Please PM me for Payment details :)

Good work organising this.

I'm not going to be playing BF3 but if you come up short I can throw in a few bucks to help.

Community support and all that.

Bernbaum said:
Good work organising this.

I'm not going to be playing BF3 but if you come up short I can throw in a few bucks to help.

Community support and all that.

Yea I am definitely supporting this, thanks for Organizing man. PM sent also

Top Bottom