• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Kerrby said:
What about Rovio? I hate them almost as much as Activision.
Why would you hate Rovio? They are just a shitty mobile company at the right place at the right time with Angry Birds. The rest of their stuff is pretty crappy. more looking forward to what ZeptoLab comes up with next. Parachute Ninja was awesome.

What is the hate for Popcap? Love their stuff. Not overly innovative but they polish and package it perfectly.

Kerrby

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
Why would you hate Rovio? They are just a shitty mobile company at the right place at the right time with Angry Birds. The rest of their stuff is pretty crappy. more looking forward to what ZeptoLab comes up with next. Parachute Ninja was awesome.

The head dude at Rovio is a total and utter
CUNT
. Plus I hate Angry Birds, what a shit game and such a blight on this industry.

I'd say the highlights in MW3 so far, being only up to
Prague
are
fighting through the sandstorm
climbing into the van to chase the guy through Paris
, and I guess I should come up with three, so
breaking into the base in Sierra Leone by ramming the gates

I get the feeling that the
Prague
is a little bit
All Ghillied Up
but I'm right at the start so not sure if that'll pan out.

Oh yeah, and
the scene with the handycam and the family felt awfully forced
. </cynic>

Highlight of MW3 was playing as Delta force and just moving through well designed linear killing fields pulling off headshots with everything around you going to shit. The feeling of non-stop action was fantastic.

Rimfya said:
ozgameshop just sent me email. AC:R for $38.99 pre-order.

I'm not made of stone.

Edit: For PC, money saved.
Shorter release delay than previous AC titles plus no always on DRM. Ubi starting to give a shit? Hopefully

Danoss

So, I was just drinking a glass of milk and a drop or two splashed out and onto my glasses. This was the most difficult thing I have ever had to clean off them, absolutely ridiculous.

Danoss said:
So, I was just drinking a glass of milk and a drop or two splashed out and onto my glasses. This was the most difficult thing I have ever had to clean off them, absolutely ridiculous.
Make sure to clean them with some cleaning solution to avoid it staining/leaving a film on them. Fuck I hate having to clean my glasses. Wish I could pony up the cash for the corrective surgery and be done with them for a few years. Oil from cooking or BBQing sucks too

Danoss

reptilescorpio said:
Make sure to clean them with some cleaning solution to avoid it staining/leaving a film on them. Fuck I hate having to clean my glasses. Wish I could pony up the cash for the corrective surgery and be done with them for a few years. Oil from cooking or BBQing sucks too
Yeah, I just buy large quantities of Isopropyl Alcohol and put that in the little cleaning solution spray bottles. It's the active ingredient in the expensive bottles anyway. Pro tip: it's great at cleaning electronics and such.

D.Lo

Hey kids, where's the best/cheapest place to import a US 3DS from these days?

Or I might wait and see if the US gets the Zelda model...

reptilescorpio said:
Pre-order confirmed. Hopefully it isn't shit. :(
Not this one?
6135268514_5609266f29.jpg

Fusebox

Banned
RandomVince said:
Something something Farmville something something Bejewelled something something Fifa Ultimate Team

I'll see you at the funeral for the games industry! If we book now we might get front row seats.

Yagharek

Fusebox said:
I'll see you at the funeral for the games industry! If we book now we might get front row seats.

I think we're both too late.

Edit: slightly less morbid, there is hope at least. The problem now is that most casual games are exploitative crap, or plagiarised wholesale. The other problem is that most core games are exploitative crap and plagiarised wholesale.

Originality is completely undervalued, and attempts to diversify beyond the standard three genres is met with derision and elitism.

edit 2: I forgot to include the hope. It's the smaller devs who thrive on experimentation, and the quality devs who polish beyond all reasonable expectations.

commissar

I think my favourite setpiece of MW3 is the
plane sequence
especially the
zero g
moment, and when the
plane split in two
I was in awe.

From a gameplay perspective the (finish the game before you:)
final level bombsuits
and resulting
mega health terminator destroying everything
bit was a great
change of pace

Never would have expected a goddam [spoilerMOON BASE![/spoiler] though.
lololololololol

commissar said:
plane sequence
especially the
zero g
moment]
Oh yeah, that was great too, especially the fact that
you could keep shooting the damned guys while floating about
!

Yeah I haven't finished MW3 and that broken spoiler was pretty nasty if it's true...

Yagharek

I feel dirty. I have bought Cod MW3, a 14 month XBL gold sub and got a bonus avatar reward "care package". The 14 months should carry me through until wii u hits.

It's going to take a while til I feel better over this one.

edit: I also changed my xbl/live password to avoid fifa hijinks. I think I may have found an excellent password generator method.

edit: EEEEEEE must have!

commissar said:
plane sequence
especially the
zero g
moment, and when the
plane split in two
I was in awe.

From a gameplay perspective the (finish the game before you:)
final level bombsuits
and resulting
mega health terminator destroying everything
bit was a great
change of pace

Never would have expected a goddam [spoilerMOON BASE![/spoiler] though.
lololololololol
The story really was tied up really well with the call backs to MW1+2. Loved the armour section and seeing that arsehole hanging by his fucking neck was so good. Poor Soap. :(

commissar said:
no moon bases ;)
I could see it happening at some point, like a raid on a satellite or something.

Rimfya said:
Quiet time?
Plenty of examples of quiet time in the series. Usually used to reinforce just how manic it can get at times. All Gillied Up is a good example of quiet gameplay to up the tension.

What I am surprised about is how terrible Elite is so far. The free version at least. It's slow, some images are broken, it doesn't know I have Black Ops or MW3, which I've both played online, and the COD thing previously knew about Black Ops, the password strength requirements are terrible (20 characters max, alphanumeric including a few special characters but not including space) and even the surname doesn't allow hyphens, space or apostrophes. I mean WTF?

codswallop said:
What I am surprised about is how terrible Elite is so far. The free version at least. It's slow, some images are broken, it doesn't know I have Black Ops or MW3, which I've both played online, and the COD thing previously knew about Black Ops, the password strength requirements are terrible (20 characters max, alphanumeric including a few special characters but not including space) and even the surname doesn't allow hyphens, space or apostrophes. I mean WTF?
The fact that it wasn't even ready for the PC version makes me think they didn't throw many resources at it and won't be up and running in a decent enough iteration for another few months.

reptilescorpio said:
The fact that it wasn't even ready for the PC version makes me think they didn't throw many resources at it and won't be up and running in a decent enough iteration for another few months.
Making moronic rookie mistakes like not allowing characters commonly in a surname or restricting password length (enforcing minimum length is fine, but maximum is stupid IMO) goes to show how much of an afterthought it really is.

Top Bottom