• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

commanderdeek said:
LTTP: Led Zeppelin. Hey they're pretty good!
You should also check out some other little known indie bands like The Beatles or The Beach Boys or The Who some time. The The is a good indication of their worth.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
7pWel.gif

I WONDER WHAT IT COULD BE

Deeku

Vook while you're here, do you know if the limited Skyward Sword bundle is actually that limited? Should I pre-order just to be safe or will it be in pretty large supply?

VOOK

HolyCheck said:
You broke the street date on their news.

LOL I love that.

commanderdeek said:
Vook while you're here, do you know if the limited Skyward Sword bundle is actually that limited? Should I pre-order just to be safe or it will be in pretty large supply?

It's the first print run, so that will be massive. But I'd preorder just to be safe.

VOOK said:
Nice work shitting on their party. Think of the poor retailer who wanted to make a big deal out of this expensive promotion!

commanderdeek said:
Vook while you're here, do you know if the limited Skyward Sword bundle is actually that limited? Should I pre-order just to be safe or it will be in pretty large supply?
If it counts at all LOGS seem to be coming in and out of securing stock so it may indeed be properly limited.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Choc said:
They fuck nintendo up the arse

and nintendo reward them with thi

no fucking wonder we have a problem with street dates

this infuriates me

Everything infuriates you.

Yagharek

Choc said:

this infuriates me

This infuriates me. For the last time, street dates are the problem.

pilonv1

Choc said:

this infuriates me

Battered wives, the lot of them

Also check your pms ffs :p

VOOK

commanderdeek said:
Hmm, guess I'll stop being so lazy and go pre-order tomorrow.

That being said, there's going to be some fierce competition for this game on launch with pricing.

Deeku

VOOK said:
That being said, there's going to be some fierce competition for this game on launch with pricing.
I'll be pre-ordering at EB for convenience sake. But yeah, hopefully someone will sell it for 89 or something on the day so I can price match!

Clipper

D.Lo said:
Hey kids, where's the best/cheapest place to import a US 3DS from these days?

Or I might wait and see if the US gets the Zelda model...
Amazon. Shipped by courier for $25 or express shipping for $16. Additional games will be $3 each by courier or $6 each by express, so it actually becomes cheaper to courier them if you buy a few.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Rezbit said:
Skyrim is awesome but it REALLY reeks of a port on PC. Like really badly.

Skyrim is unequivocally a console first game. Every asset, every design, made first and foremost for consoles. Hence why I'll be waiting for a price drop/sale later on, when modders have cleaned up Bethesda's mess.

Echoplx

Rezbit said:
Skyrim is awesome but it REALLY reeks of a port on PC. Like really badly.

My thoughts as well, though the awesomeness out weighs the typical bad port shit for me.

Also, why cant they release it in winter D: heat + PC playing skyrim all day = ima baked potato

Salazar

3chopl0x said:
If only real life was as exciting.

lol at falling down the waterfall. Body doing cartwheels, can't see shit except for some brown and bits of white, and then a message flicks up: "catch salmon".

Edit: Aaaah, first crash.

Echoplx

Does anyone know where I can buy the Skyrim guide for a good price? Preferably hardcover.. Amazon is out of stock and the paperback is $35 :/

Rezbit

EatChildren said:
Skyrim is unequivocally a console first game. Every asset, every design, made first and foremost for consoles. Hence why I'll be waiting for a price drop/sale later on, when modders have cleaned up Bethesda's mess.

Yeah for sure. The random frame drops are the most unfortunate. You'll be in a busy lush area and it's all silky smooth 60+ fps....then you look at some rocks and down it goes.

Yagharek

Uncharted 3 is a good game and all, but chapter 15 especially has shown up how bad the controls can be. And I dont mean shooting controls which are fine. I mean platforming and character movement controls. Someone described it as controlling a wet noodle, and that's accurate. Drake moves worse than Wander in SOTC.

Combat is silly, with the same old hit combos each and every time. On rails escape sequences/chase sequences are trial and error death fests. And there is some seriously bad telegraphing of where you are meant to jump next. Which is amazing considering how many gold tiles and gutters there are to hang off of.

Case in point: I'm dangling from a rope and need to get to the ground. I drop down myself and I die. I jump onto another fixture at the same height, which then falls to the ground and I live.

This. Does. Not. Make. Sense.

The game needs a serious lesson from UC2 or Batman if the 4th entry is to be worthwhile. As it stands, I'm only going through the game because the last two suggest there will be enough moments of brilliance to make up for it.

Short version: I'm disappointed that Uncharted 3 has managed to introduce low points for the first time in the series. I thought Naughty Dog knew better than this.

HolyCheck said:
So it's as good as twilight princess now?

Control wise, no. And that includes waggle.

edit: I'm going to go a bit further.

Generally speaking, shooting controls in it are fine. Stealth controls are fine. Platforming and hth combat controls range from average at best to bad at worst.

I read this:

"Not only is Skyrim, for my money, the game of the year, but… oh this is hard. Very hard. I’m sorry Morrowind – I love you, but I don’t need you anymore. I think, at last, there is a new Best Elder Scrolls Ever."

- Rock Paper Shotgun (Review site that doesn't ride publisher dicks like the others)

Salazar said:
I have it. It's pretty fucken good.

I can have it right now but I refuse to pay $78 for it.

Hmm....though I got MW3 for 40 bucks only, so money saved there can be money spent here.

I missed you Death! Hope you learnt your lesson!

This child rearing stuff is a piece of cake. GF is away for the night and I had a ball with the little guy tonight and he is already down to bed. Going to clean the place from top to bottom so she thinks it should be simple to do all the time when I am at work. Also got the little guy a rocking chair handed down. Loves it.
2011-11-1116.34.53znz00.jpg

Also got these today
2011-11-1118.53.406hywf.jpg

The UC3 guide is fantastic quality, plus it comes with a soundtrack CD. Only cost me $19 from BookDepository.com. Also picked up HYPER for the kick ass cover and for the Vooks and Jintor pieces of course. :)
Found all the opinion pieces on the older games to be fantastic by the way, very much worth the $10 I spent to pick it up. Plus bonus Madman DVD so I can finally watch this High School Of The Dead tonight that is so critically acclaimed!

RandomVince said:
I'm dangling from a rope and need to get to the ground. I drop down myself and I die. I jump onto another fixture at the same height, which then falls to the ground and I live.

Generally speaking, shooting controls in it are fine. Stealth controls are fine. Platforming and hth combat controls range from average at best to bad at worst.
Only platforming problem I had was as young Drake dropping over the roof after Sully and Helen Mirren.
Aside from that I had no other deaths due to platforming sections. Also by the end of the game I had mastered the cqc controls to the point where I could run into a room and make a beeline around taking down 2-3 guys with cqc before ducking into a cover spot to pick off the last few dudes. A good tip is to soften a guy up with a hip fire shot when you are about 3 meters away from him and to use different levels to your advantage. If you are above or below a guy it will be an insta kill (aside from Juggernauts of course).

DeathJr said:
I read this:
"Not only is Skyrim, for my money, the game of the year, but… oh this is hard. Very hard. I’m sorry Morrowind – I love you, but I don’t need you anymore. I think, at last, there is a new Best Elder Scrolls Ever."
- Rock Paper Shotgun (Review site that doesn't ride publisher dicks like the others)
Best thing about RPS is that they write opinions not statements of fact, they also make it obvious rather than trying to say that if someone doesn't like a game they give glowing remarks to it is okay and normal.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
DeathJr said:
I read this:

I can have it right now but I refuse to pay $78 for it.

Hmm....though I got MW3 for 40 bucks only, so money saved there can be money spent here.

How'd you get it for $40? I'm very keen but moneys tight atm :(

Top Bottom