• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Clipper said:
Not all post offices are closed on weekends, particularly the ones in shopping centres. Check the website to see the opening hours for your branch.

I checked my local post office, closed on Saturday and Sunday. Also close to early during the week for me to make it after work.

Hey Rez! You work at JB right? I've had a few orders with the online store stuck at Awaiting Stock (saying order now though) for a few weeks. Have I already been charged for the item? Also is there any way to find out why they are still waiting for the stock? These are the two items I am waiting on.

hamchan said:
Since we were talking about it yesterday, BF3's recycled buildings:

http://imgur.com/a/G2865#0
I don't see the big deal about unimportant recycling like this and MW3. A small detail that would be more of an homage than laziness considering how much detail goes into planning our level design and such.

Deeku

reptilescorpio said:
Hey Rez! You work at JB right? I've had a few orders with the online store stuck at Awaiting Stock (saying order now though) for a few weeks. Have I already been charged for the item? Also is there any way to find out why they are still waiting for the stock? These are the two items I am waiting on.
The online store's a separate thing I think, so just email them and ask what's up. From memory, they don't charge until they ship it.

Gazunta said:
Ho wdo I change my Steam password via the web? I can't launch the client at work.
I spent a few minutes poking around and I don't think you can. Have to wait until I get home to do it.

commanderdeek said:
The online store's a separate thing I think, so just email them and ask what's up. From memory, they don't charge until they ship it.
Sweeeet. I'll just continue to wait an get an email every 3rd day from them about it. Everytime it pops up on my phone I hope it says shipped but it never does. :(

Would like an explanation as to why it says they are awaiting stock for nearly 2 months now though. Especially since the Thrice DVD is on special for the whole time.

Some guys at work were talking about the meaning of Remembrance Day because they didn't know.......to be fair they aren't originally from Australia but they are now Australian Residents.

It's kind of disappointing tbh.

Fogz

Tried changing my steam password from the web as well and stuffed if I can find it.

Don't hack me till I get home!

EDIT: Also, judging from the time I made this post, I am a bad person :(

Choc

Banned
Fogz said:
Tried changing my steam password from the web as well and stuffed if I can find it.

Don't hack me till I get home!

EDIT: Also, judging from the time I made this post, I am a bad person :(

nah fogz

its 11th of 11th @ 11 not 11/11/11/11

so 11th hour 11th day 11th month

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
reptilescorpio said:

I don't see the big deal about unimportant recycling like this and MW3. A small detail that would be more of an homage than laziness considering how much detail goes into planning our level design and such.
Yeah, like deek said, online is totally separate. Your best bet is probably to email support. Wish I could be more helpful.

Clipper

DualShadow said:
Some guys at work were talking about the meaning of Remembrance Day because they didn't know.......to be fair they aren't originally from Australia but they are now Australian Residents.

It's not something I'd expect to be need to know for residents. If they were citizens, then yes, they should know. PRs are a much different thing.

Deeku

A bunch of kids just walked by getting a tour of the library. The woman leading them (who I assume is the teacher or something) was wearing a pink kimono....wat lol

RandomVince said:
Nintendo online is looking pretty good this year after psn, xbl and steam getting hacked.

Friend codes for everyone!
Risk Reward. If something is a profitable target it will get attacked by more effective means.

No hackers give a shit about the Wii market by the looks of it. What are the revenue figures associated with the Wii online marketplace? How many gamers have their credit card information up there I wonder.

Clipper said:
It's not something I'd expect to be need to know for residents. If they were citizens, then yes, they should know. PRs are a much different thing.

Sorry I meant citizens. I would think after being here for so many years they would at least know what it was.

Yagharek

reptilescorpio said:
Risk Reward. If something is a profitable target it will get attacked by more effective means.

No hackers give a shit about the Wii market by the looks of it. What are the revenue figures associated with the Wii online marketplace? How many gamers have their credit card information up there I wonder.

Look at it the other way: Nintendo isn't conceited enough to assume it can be trusted with customer's credit card and private information. Something that Microsoft, Sony, Valve and EA have all done and been hacked for.

Nintendo doesn't store your CC info either.

Clipper

reptilescorpio said:

Just so you know, no users have their credit card information up there. It asks you each time. The only thing a hacker would get is the last four digits of the card used on previous transactions.

OK, this now repeats stuff that RandomVince said, but I'm almost certain he stealth edited that last bit in there...

DualShadow said:
Sorry I meant citizens. I would think after being here for so many years they would at least know what it was.
Yeah, that's a little disappointing. Whenever my friends who are PR have gone for citizenship, I usually give them a bit of a drill on stuff like this just to get them up to speed.

Yagharek

DualShadow said:

It depends - if they are European, North African or American they should probably know. If not, well they might be excused for not knowing.

Deeku

DualShadow said:
I probably wouldn't know if I didn't go to school here.

It was a pretty big thing at our school. We would have a special assembly and a senior trumpet player do the Last Post.

It was a pretty big thing at my school as well, big assembly and trumpet.

Maybe I just think Remembrance Day is more wide known than it actually is.

RandomVince said:
Look at it the other way: Nintendo isn't conceited enough to assume it can be trusted with customer's credit card and private information. Something that Microsoft, Sony, Valve and EA have all done and been hacked for.

Nintendo doesn't store your CC info either.
Well that is the main thing then. No reward for hacking the Wii. Hopefully MS/Sony go the same route next gen. Or at least nail that shit down tighter. Must be a different solution available?

commanderdeek said:
A bunch of kids just walked by getting a tour of the library. The woman leading them (who I assume is the teacher or something) was wearing a pink kimono....wat lol

Did she look Japanese? If so she may be excused.

Man I want skyrim so bad....

Yagharek

reptilescorpio said:
Well that is the main thing then. No reward for hacking the Wii. Hopefully MS/Sony go the same route next gen. Or at least nail that shit down tighter. Must be a different solution available?

Exactly. These companies have proven their incompetence, so I would be shocked if they have the gall next gen to ask for private info again. They can't be trusted at all.

Fogz said:
Should I buy Skyrim or wait for mods?

Also, should I buy Skyrim or buy food? :p
I would say wait for the mods but it is always extra entertaining when you buy a new game rather than eat for the next week. FEAR and a pack of 50c Mi Goreng a day made it even more scary in my malnourished state!

Fogz

reptilescorpio said:
I would say wait for the mods but it is always extra entertaining when you buy a new game rather than eat for the next week. FEAR and a pack of 50c Mi Goreng a day made it even more scary in my malnourished state!

Hey if a games good enough it'll make you forget about hunger! :)

Also, its not that bad, more of a reflection of how many games I've been getting slash preordering lately.

First World Problems :p

RandomVince said:
Exactly. These companies have proven their incompetence, so I would be shocked if they have the gall next gen to ask for private info again. They can't be trusted at all.
Actually less incompetence more greed and arrogance. They believed they were powerful enough to hold out any hacking attacks, which ended up being misguided.

Must be some kind of process that makes it less hassle for the consumer while still minimising the amount of personal data stored by MS/Sony.

Choc said:
end of mw3 french level is AMAZING
The battle on the bridge was one of the weakest battle of the game but the finale was totally worth it. All that crap with the smoke was just ineffective at keeping you immersed. The earlier sections in Paris were brilliant too, just a shame that the bridge didn't keep the pressure on.

Yagharek

reptilescorpio said:
Actually less incompetence more greed and arrogance. They believed they were powerful enough to hold out any hacking attacks, which ended up being misguided.

Must be some kind of process that makes it less hassle for the consumer while still minimising the amount of personal data stored by MS/Sony.

Arrogance, incompetence whatever. The end result for the user is exactly the same: theft.

Does PayPal get hacked often? Could the consoles allow buying things using a PayPal account?

Also I am suddenly finding myself really enjoying the latest Grates album even though I hated the change in style at first.

Choc said:
next xbox update adds Paypal to Live
Can it be used directly for purchases or just to buy Allards? Would be nice to just enter the PayPal password with the username already saved into the XBox but then there is the worry of hackers getting the username and trying to track down the password through other sites.

Would storing the details on the physical XBox itself rather than a server make it more protected? Would require the XBox to be cleared if it is sold/thrown away of course.

RandomVince said:
Well, paypal had a good run. Microsoft ruins everything. Here's hoping they buy zynga next.
The current Zynga story is so fucked. Small start up offers share bonus along with low wages to entice employees, company gets big, company wants to do IPO but don't want another Google, company tells employees to give up stock before the IPO or risk being fired. Not cool. I get the impression they are leaking talent quite badly anyway. Sucks that Brian Reynolds is still there.

midonnay

I'll never understand the patent system....

you see the shit that gets used for litigation by mobile phone companies... but then poor game companies are helpless when raiders steal their gameplay ideas.

eg: farmville and harvest moon, Zuma and Puzzloop

Top Bottom