• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Salazar

You're right about Govinda's, though. HNNGGGGHHH.

They have a little one of those in Burleigh - it's way more expensive than the Brisbane one, but also pretty good.

AAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH! Fucking CD Wow. I accidently ordered Space Marine to my old address. I immediately emailed them (as per their instructions if there was a mistake in the billing address) and gave them the correct address. I also changed the details online just in case that mattered.
I finally get the message that it's been dispacted.....to my old address. Those useless sons of bitches. I redirected my mail for a month to my new place, but I think that will have run out pretty much today.

I guess I'll have to get in touch with the Post office and see if they can keep an eye out for it and hope that whoever lives in my new place can send it on. Fuck.

Aon

Salazar said:
Their place on the Gold Coast is just poisonously bad.

Brisbane - never had a sub-par experience.

Gold Coast - bleurgh.

I also kinda dont like their Melbourne place. But it is so cheap and like 1 min walk from uni.

So I kinda eat there a lot xD

Any of you guys from Warrnambool? :(

Dragon Inn - great Chinese food at a great price, Honey Chicken is godly
Chicken Grill - Best schnitz with gravy you will find in town. Also their salads are godly, Coleslaw tastes divine.
Taco Bill - Shitty mexican food that is really overpriced. Avoid like plagus
Fishtales Cafe - perfect relaxed cafe restaurant for uni students. Great people with great, light meals.
Seanchai - Awesome Irish pub that does great oysters and great pork meals
Flying Horse - Microbeers! Cheap, great tasting microbeer. Whale Ale hits the spot perfect and I could drink ten of them and not feel bloated.

reptilescorpio said:
Taco Bill - Shitty mexican food that is really overpriced. Avoid like plagus
Do not mistake Taco Bill for Mexican food. It is Tex Mex (i.e. US version of Mexican). Real Mexican food is dominated by flavours of coriander (cilantro in the US), lime and usually cumin. It's much fresher than Tex Mex and totally framing awesome.

And the reason you can drink heaps of micro brews is that they don't use preservatives. I've avoided beer with preservatives since I figured that out and never looked back. Loses that detergent taste too. Much easier the next day, too.

Korea is weird. They use metal chopsticks, have rock hard beds like China and I haven't seen any sign of Starcraft yet.

ha ha. First time I went to a Korean restaurant, I picked up the chopsticks and said in an embarrassingly untactful way "what's wrong with the chopsticks? Their all weird!". SO MANY evil glares.

Are you in Korea now?!?!??!

shanshan310 said:
ha ha. First time I went to a Korean restaurant, I picked up the chopsticks and said in an embarrassingly untactful way "what's wrong with the chopsticks? Their all weird!". SO MANY evil glares.

Are you in Korea now?!?!??!
Yup, in Seoul now. We fly out on Monday I think. Watched 'Hallyu Olympics' (Google it) on TV for like an hour today. Mesmerising.

Gazunta

Decided not to do Supanovember and just concentrate on making the April show an awesome one.

I drew a comic about SNES Pilotwings tonight on my iPad.

mandiller

Bernbaum said:
Ahmet's is the only good place in Southbank. Everything else there carries the 'southbank tax' where everything costs $5 more than what you'd pay in the CBD.

The other Turkish place at Southbank is Mados and I totally recommend it. I've eaten at both and Mados is probably my favourite restaurant at Southbank. The food is fantastic (especially the chicken) and the price is reasonable. I don't understand the hate at all. Ahmet's has a long wait for service, not enough tables and the food, while good, doesn't particularly stand out for me.

Bernbaum

Gazunta said:
Decided not to do Supanovember and just concentrate on making the April show an awesome one.

I drew a comic about SNES Pilotwings tonight on my iPad.
Been enjoying the extra work put into the art recently as well as the glorious Presidog run that kicked off September!

-

Will have to check out Mados, mandiller.

-

Bam - packed for SE Asia. I'm only taking two internet-capable devices: iPhone and iPod touch. MacBook stays at home, as does the good camera. I'd love to take the D90, but I'm well off the beaten track on this trip and would hate for anything to happen to it. Trusty old D60 should more than suffice. Oh, and purchasing currency for Vietnam is funny because you ask the guy at the exchange for Dong and he says 'Here is your Dong'. Endless lols!

I won't be online for the next month. Don't forget to watch my face on SBS on the 27th of October.

codswallop said:
Do not mistake Taco Bill for Mexican food. It is Tex Mex (i.e. US version of Mexican). Real Mexican food is dominated by flavours of coriander (cilantro in the US), lime and usually cumin. It's much fresher than Tex Mex and totally framing awesome.

And the reason you can drink heaps of micro brews is that they don't use preservatives. I've avoided beer with preservatives since I figured that out and never looked back. Loses that detergent taste too. Much easier the next day, too.

Korea is weird. They use metal chopsticks, have rock hard beds like China and I haven't seen any sign of Starcraft yet.
Yeah there is a great Mexican place in Geelong called Mexican Graffiti. Great enchiladas.

The child has not only worked out how to unlock Android phones but can also get into Fruit Ninja. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

Gazunta

Bernbaum said:
Been enjoying the extra work put into the art recently as well as the glorious Presidog run that kicked off September!
Thanks, man! I'm sure when you get back to the real world there'll be a heap more Presidog adventures waiting for you like the loyal pup he is.

I think drawing on the iPad will be my only way of keeping the daily schedule at least until things settle down at the new job. Thankfully it turned out OK!

Man, the whole Supanova thing was way more of a strain on me than I thought. After deciding not to do November I am WAY more relaxed today. Awesome. I'll still probably go to the show and spend way too much on COMICS

Jintor

Urgh, my arms are hurting like 24/7 these days. I don't know why, it's not like I'm doing anything strenuous. Even stopped lifting weights temporarily.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Yeah there is a great Mexican place in Geelong called Mexican Graffiti. Great enchiladas.
Don't know how long it's been since you've been there, but they've been below average for a while now. Mexicali Mama (opposite Kardinia Park, near Manbo Tower) is apparently heaps better, though I haven't had anything from there before (and won't for a while, given my healthy(ish) eating habits now).

Omikron

237613-110915-campbell-brown.jpg

AFL Off season, always a fun time.

Gazunta

*posts content so image doesn't appear on my screen*

So hey guess who isn't going to EB Expo :)

Man I am totally winning the 'not going to things' olympics

Omikron

lol.

Started Dead Island last night, even though I said I wasn't going to until I finished Deus Ex. Its quite janky, but, I like it. :p

Bernbaum said:
Bam - packed for SE Asia. I'm only taking two internet-capable devices: iPhone and iPod touch. MacBook stays at home, as does the good camera. I'd love to take the D90, but I'm well off the beaten track on this trip and would hate for anything to happen to it. Trusty old D60 should more than suffice. Oh, and purchasing currency for Vietnam is funny because you ask the guy at the exchange for Dong and he says 'Here is your Dong'. Endless lols!

I won't be online for the next month. Don't forget to watch my face on SBS on the 27th of October.
Love SE Asia and Vietnam. I remember taking out a cool million from an ATM while there. I've taken a 7D, netbook and external HDD backpacking and it's always been OK. I highly recommend taking your preferred device if it'll be more enjoyable to use. I usually only take a single zoom lens though, as I CBF changing lenses and taking multiples is a pain.

Shaneus said:
Don't know how long it's been since you've been there, but they've been below average for a while now. Mexicali Mama (opposite Kardinia Park, near Manbo Tower) is apparently heaps better, though I haven't had anything from there before (and won't for a while, given my healthy(ish) eating habits now).
I has been about 4 years actually. A mate of mines Aunty used to be the Chef at the time, no idea if she is still there. Prefer to have friends over and make Mexican food together as it is surprisingly fun. Plus cheaper tequila that way!

DeathJr said:
First Splinter Cell, now Max Payne....why do some developers have to destroy awesome franchises? The latest MP3 trailer really pissed me off! Hobo with a shotgun :(
I actually really enjoyed Conviction and felt it kept the atmosphere of the previous games while introducting a mechanic that made the older style of playing redundant for the most part, which was a double edged decision. They really need to strip it back for a new release or go down the co-op path as the 2 player stuff was really great.

Max Payne 3 on the other hand confuses me. It is the first trailer put out by Rockstar that didn't make 98% of my blood rush down to my nether regions and it just looked rushed. The hand animations during the shaving part looked horrible, kinda like the talking scenes in de3 where everyone has had 37 cups of coffee and cant stop waving their hands and jumping from side to side.
The story didn't have that same hook they usually put into the first trailer and it just sounds like Payne is taking up private work because the money is great rather than blazing a path of glory for revenge/investigation like in the first 2 games. I don't mind about the change of setting as long as the feel is still there. Will wait for demo or price drop. Would go weak at the knees for a HD remake of the first game, second still looks great.

Kritz

Banned
They could probably make a Max Payne 4 based on Max getting revenge for being in such a shitty half arsed sequel to one of the greatest game series in history. Maybe they could even set it during night time.

Stackboy said:
Where is Serrels these days?
TGS? Staring as the roughish co-op partner of Cate Archer in NOLF3?

Bernbaum said:
Anyone else currently suffering from 'Scarlett Johanssen Nipple Disappointment Syndrome'?
I think the disappointment comes because it wasn't a professionally shot, photoshoped high resolution photo staged in a position to make her look more attractive than chemically possible. She still look very attractive but you would be hard pressed to have shot in a worse position and angle. The other shot looks great as expected.

Clipper

Finally, I have managed to arrange my LEGO Super Star Destroyer to ship from the States to me. Total price is about AU$550 for something that would have cost $700 before shipping if I bought locally.

I'm amazed how many different ways this managed to get delayed, though, given I ordered back on the 2nd. First, LEGO's customer service thought it was credit card fraud (given I shipped the Imperial Shuttle set to Cali last time and used a different service in Oregon this time, maybe) and I had to call them internationally to get it to actually ship. That meant it didn't ship on Friday and was delayed until the following Tuesday due to the public holiday they had over there. Then, the FedEx shipment within the states tried delivery on Saturday when the shipment place was shut, so I missed out then. They didn't attempt redelivery until Tuesday. Anyway, it arrived late on Tuesday (Wednesday our time) and I didn't receive notification from HopShopGo, my shipping company, which I thought weird, but I gave it 24 hours. Turns out that the person I talked to at LEGO neglected to include the c/o code in the address that tells HopShopGo what my account number is. I had confirmed this with the person I talked to on the phone and had even checked online before shipment, but they changed the address without my permission at some point. I realised this this morning and it was quite easy to get HSG to fix it up, but it's still annoying.

Long story short, I'm not getting it this weekend as I should have been, but jambo, who did the exact the same thing as me, but had none of the crappy delay issues, probably is receiving his. Be prepared for build pics this weekend from him, with me following up next week :p.

Having this to do over the weekend would have made my YLOD PS3 a lot less painful too, but at least it's finally sorted.

Bernbaum

VOOK said:
Hahahaha!

reptilescorpio said:
I think the disappointment comes because it wasn't a professionally shot, photoshoped high resolution photo staged in a position to make her look more attractive than chemically possible. She still look very attractive but you would be hard pressed to have shot in a worse position and angle. The other shot looks great as expected.

Exposed labia or GTFO.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I has been about 4 years actually. A mate of mines Aunty used to be the Chef at the time, no idea if she is still there. Prefer to have friends over and make Mexican food together as it is surprisingly fun. Plus cheaper tequila that way!
Agreed. As someone who's trying really fucking hard to avoid carbs, tacos at home are still pretty good. My nephews have way too much fun with them, too :D

On the tequila tip... damn I miss getting drunk :(
Stackboy said:
Where is Serrels these days?
Beaten (I think?) but he's visiting the motherland.

Top Bottom