• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGAF |OT| Boats? What Boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arksy

Insider musing: everyone knows it's Turnbull and Pyne. Of course they're completely powerless to stop them. Fair bit of enmity brewing between the wets and drys.

Arksy

Poor guy. The stuff they subjugate the Hazara minority to in Pakistan is fucking disgusting. I'd flee anywhere else I could.

danm999

Whats Pyne's angle? Is its because of the branch stacking thing from last week?

He's worried about losing his seat in Adelaide I'd guess.

His electorate, Sturt, was big in auto manufacturing, so twin that decline with the ambiguity of the Collins submarine project and Pyne is likely standing against Abbott since it's the only way to remain popular.

Oh and Nick Xenophon who nearly ran there a few years ago, but decided to run for the Senate instead, is targeting Sturt with his own candidate at the next election.

D.Lo

What the fuck.

Is Fairfax now a viral turd like buzzfeed, thinking a bunch of facebook posts is news while they preach their 'correct' line and is not posted as an opinion piece?

The article has the audacity to use an opinion piece by Amanda Vandstone (which makes the exact opposite point) as completely out of context 'backup' - all to answer to answer a retarded Facebook comment.

I loathe the current government and Labor's boat policies, but this article is shamefully poor journalism written in and for a generic lefty echo chamber.

Omikron

What the fuck.

Is Fairfax now a viral turd like buzzfeed, thinking a bunch of facebook posts is news while they preach their 'correct' line and is not posted as an opinion piece?

The article has the audacity to use an opinion piece by Amanda Vandstone (which makes the exact opposite point) as completely out of context 'backup' - all to answer to answer a retarded Facebook comment.

I loathe the current government and Labor's boat policies, but this article is shamefully poor journalism written in and for a generic lefty echo chamber.

Well. The Age continue to publish Leunig...

Fredescu

Is Fairfax now a viral turd like buzzfeed

Actually yes, they've been specifically pursuing "curiosity gap" headlines (ie clickbait) for a while. Here's a collection that Crikey put together:

clickbaitimage.png

Have to say, legend166 was the first person to point it out, months and months ago in this thread. I was a little thick about it because I didn't know the "doctors hate him" meme, so credit where it's due.

Arksy

Pyne, Brandis, Turnbull and Bishop are all wets. Factional warfare is spilling into the liberal party. Howard was really good at accommodating everyone but tensions are running pretty rife atm with a whole bunch of issues.

Pyne, Brandis, Turnbull and Bishop are all wets. Factional warfare is spilling into the liberal party. Howard was really good at accommodating everyone but tensions are running pretty rife atm with a whole bunch of issues.

I thought Morrison was too, he seems to have become the poster child for the NSW right to replace Abbott if it happens. Then there is Malcolm, of the Malcolm faction.

Though the Right supported Gillard and the Left supported Rudd so strange things can happen!

Fredescu

Who could have predicted that such a sensitive and nuanced leader in opposition might have trouble with political compromise while in office.

mjontrix

Someone found Tony Abbot's email in the Ashley Madison database! Probably fake though unless more details come out.

Oh, and Patrick Secker, the guy part of the Foreign Investment Review Board. This seems highly likely to be true.

All Liberals lol this is too perfect.

JC Sera

Someone found Tony Abbot's email in the Ashley Madison database! Probably fake though unless more details come out.

Oh, and Patrick Secker, the guy part of the Foreign Investment Review Board. This seems highly likely to be true.

All Liberals lol this is too perfect.
Not that I doubt you, but I wanna see your sources
so I can look at more juice goss cause I am trash who enjoys liberal suffering

hidys

I dont get any pleasure from seeing someone's private contact details leaked to the public regardless of who that person is.

mjontrix

Jesus christ quarantine and purge yourself

no but seriously hope you're not on ASIS's CP watch list :p
LOL was on /g/, they said it was on there, so I went on the /tech/ board and there it was.

There's no CP there and if there is I haven't seen it unless it's buried somewhere and I'm not digging for it. Probably just gets reported like 4chan does every now and then - google usually fires first and asks questions later.

I dont get any pleasure from seeing someone's private contact details leaked to the public regardless of who that person is.

When they're a (ex) Parliament member who's meant to represent us I sure want to know - esp. if someone might be getting blackmailed to pass things. Secker is on the FIRB so it would be possible to pass investments that are not in the public's interest.

hidys

LOL was on /g/, they said it was on there, so I went on the /tech/ board and there it was.

There's no CP there and if there is I haven't seen it unless it's buried somewhere and I'm not digging for it. Probably just gets reported like 4chan does every now and then - google usually fires first and asks questions later.

When they're a (ex) Parliament member who's meant to represent us I sure want to know - esp. if someone might be getting blackmailed to pass things. Secker is on the FIRB so it would be possible to pass investments that are not in the public's interest.

So hang on a minute what exactly was leaked?

JC Sera

To be honest thats a very good policy
thats why in this situation I'm trash
but I'm trash who draws the line at 8chan

mjontrix

So hang on a minute what exactly was leaked?

Haven't got the full leak yet, but emails, profiles, possibly messages, Credit Card stuff, internal docs, lots of stuff etc.

Very bad for the cheaters. On that chan some have done password resets on temp email ones and got into profiles and confirmed that they're real logins and profiles.

Some on 4chan also confirming it, including asking known users and checking.

Apparently there's geographical locations so they can pinpoint the user location and stuff so it's definitely real - I doubt someone would go and fake all that.

Ah well, at least Lawyers will be having nice new cars this year.

hidys

Haven't got the full leak yet, but emails, profiles, possibly messages, Credit Card stuff, internal docs, lots of stuff etc.

Very bad for the cheaters. On that chan some have done password resets on temp email ones and got into profiles and confirmed that they're real logins and profiles.

Is there anything there that might be in the public interest? Because stealing email addresses and credit card information is extremely fucked up.

Apart from stuff like "moral character" and possible susceptibility to blackmail, no. It's just a database from a particularly fucked up online dating site (it basically matches married people looking for affairs), so there can't be anything public interest in there. Unless someone is a complete moron and is communicating state secrets over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom