• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGAF |OT| Boats? What Boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
994318_10151771344135516_835040185_n.jpg

i really hope people can see through the crap and realize Abbott has no real policies and no long term goals for aus

If he is let in he will fuck over the nbn...health...education and who know where else he is going to chop shit from to plug the holes in his spending

The man cant even talk in a standard speed without pausing to think about what lip movements to make next...count how many pauses he does between words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwQxaeYQYiE

Almost as annoying as rudds hand movements or hair flicking

Ventron

Yeah, good point, sorry if I have misrepresented you Ventron.

I have, hm, a somewhat majority of the same opinions, but I've learned it's not a productive use of time to start an internet fight as a conservative.

(BTW I didn't post my ABC election thingy because it was thirty layers of steamy bullshit. Yea I'm very economically conservative, but socially? Fuggoff ABC)

I don't know who is running the Lib campaign, but they need to go.

They are going to keep spending like the Labor party, cut all the taxes/levies and still magically come out better. And yet they still refuse to explain how.

What's the worm like on Gem?

According to the worm, it's been a first round knock-out by Rudd. In reality it's more of the same slogan after slogan after slogan. Rudd has performed better, but I'm not sure it will mean much.

The most interesting thing is that every time Abbott brings out a well worn slogan, the worm always goes down. Maybe a real Tony Abbott next week?

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know who is running the Lib campaign, but they need to go.

They are going to keep spending like the Labor party, cut all the taxes/levies and still magically come out better. And yet they still refuse to explain how.

Well it almost got them into government last time. If anything I'd say that running a campaign so scant on details and getting as much traction as they have shows they're political geniuses.

Didn't catch all of the debate, but it went kind of how I expected. Kevin got bogged down in detail occasionally and didn't go as hard as I might have thought judging from his performances in interviews or programs like Q&A before he regained the leadership. Abbott spouted a whole bunch of mostly empty rhetoric, with the most detail being reserved for his plans of cutting taxes to improve revenue. His closing remarks were pathetic. That said, as far as convincing swinging voters, I have no idea who 'won'.

Soul_Pie

Abbott is truly one of the most uninspiring candidates I have ever had the displeasure to watch, he has absolutely nothing going for him. Building roads, digging up rocks and keeping people out of Australia, he could have been campaigning for an election 200 years ago.

This is a very depressing period in politics.

tsumineko

Abbott is truly one of the most uninspiring candidates I have ever had the displeasure to watch, he has absolutely nothing going for him. Building roads, digging up rocks and keeping people out of Australia, he could have been campaigning for an election 200 years ago.

This is a very depressing period in politics.

Hahah, you're absolutely right.

So I haven't been up-to date on this election as in the past because I switched my TV habits to the internet and away from TV and foxtel.
Can someone tell the major differences between Labor, Liberals and the Greens policies in relation to boat people because I commented in the One nation thread about my opinions and people started insinuating I'm xenophobic and hate refugees.
I'm a black African, and came to Australia as a refugee nearly 20 years ago

So I haven't been up-to date on this election as in the past because I switched my TV habits to the internet and away from TV and foxtel.
Can someone tell the major differences between Labor, Liberals and the Greens policies in relation to boat people because I commented in the One nation thread about my opinions and people started insinuating I'm xenophobic and hate refugees.
I'm a black African, and came to Australia as a refugee nearly 20 years ago

Labor/Lib - OFF OUR ISLAND CUNTS GO HANG OUT SOMEWHERE ELSE AND MAYBE GET SETTLED THERE
Greens - Boats arrive? Process here.

Labor/Lib - OFF OUR ISLAND CUNTS GO HANG OUT SOMEWHERE ELSE AND MAYBE GET SETTLED THERE
Greens - Boats arrive? Process here.

I read the cliff notes just before from this site linked above and I still agree with what I said before and my view is much closer to Labor's than the Greens even though I voted for the Greens the last 2 times I went out and voted.
I don't think there should be a benefit for queue jumping when other refugees in other centers in the world wait to get processed. I do disagree with Labor that we should take a certain percentage of genuine refugees in to Australia but we should also try to make PNG a viable option for people to want to stay there.

Dead Man

I read the cliff notes just before from this site linked above and I still agree with what I said before and my view is much closer to Labor's than the Greens even though I voted for the Greens the last 2 times I went out and voted.
I don't think there should be a benefit for queue jumping when other refugees in other centers in the world wait to get processed. I do disagree with Labor that we should take a certain percentage of genuine refugees in to Australia but we should also try to make PNG a viable option for people to want to stay there.

THERE IS NO QUEUE

So, I'm guessing I'm probably the only candidate in this election who actually has a NeoGAF account, right? ;) I'm running for the senate in QLD with the Pirate Party. Happy to answer any questions anyone may have. Otherwise, I'll probably just leave the thread alone and let you get on with your political snarking, you're going to get advertised to far too much in this election already.

DrSlek

So 70,000 fake twitter accounts made in support of the Liberal party all being shut down due to being unauthorized by the party. Campaign money well spent.

Dead Man

So, I'm guessing I'm probably the only candidate in this election who actually has a NeoGAF account, right? ;) I'm running for the senate in QLD with the Pirate Party. Happy to answer any questions anyone may have. Otherwise, I'll probably just leave the thread alone and let you get on with your political snarking, you're going to get advertised to far too much in this election already.

Hey, good luck.

So 70,000 fake twitter accounts made in support of the Liberal party all being shut down due to being unauthorized by the party. Campaign money well spent.

Doesn't matter, nobody will actually make a fuss about it in the media. Pathetic how the media just accepts the framing that poli's give them, rather than actually presenting genuine information.

Fredescu

Have you guys figured out your preferences yet? Do you have any particular economic stance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom