• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2017 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The English broadcast I'm watching just said the 4th set is "like Wii Tennis".

lol

wtf does that even mean

From my experience, mostly crazy dives to achieve even mundane shots.

clemenx

Banned
Grigor seems to be missing an extra gear for the important points but I'm pleased he's not completely collapsing. Hopefully bodes well for the rest of the year

Grigor seems to be missing an extra gear for the important points but I'm pleased he's not completely collapsing. Hopefully bodes well for the rest of the year

The Australian commentators mentioned he is catching a second wind, so he has definitely upped his fitness.

lucius

I don't think Federer can win the final, we have seen this before when he was younger healthier, had he had straight set wins coming into the finals maybe he would have a decent shot. I didn't expect Fed to get in any more Major Finals so I guess that's a cool being a fan. But everything points to straight sets win or 4 set win for NadaI am sorry to say.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's kinda hilarious how often Dimitrov thinks about running to the net but decides otherwise.

As I and jai leng were saying, Dimitrov has no tennis brain. He doesn't understand which shot to hit when to construct a point or sometimes even just to finish it. Really frustrating to watch.

oti

Banned
As I and jai leng were saying, Dimitrov has no tennis brain. He doesn't understand which shot to hit when to construct a point or sometimes even just to finish it. Really frustrating to watch.

Yeah, there were some terrible shot decisions. Like slice instead of top spin. And him running around his backhand to place the ball in the middle of the court with his forehand is super weird too.

oti

Banned
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GRIGOR TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

clemenx

Banned
You have to be with the jaw on the floor if you've followed Dimitrov's career. He would've gotten bageled in this set in previous years

JBwB

Holy shit he wins the set!

Both on even terms now! Into the fifth we go!

Man both of the SF matches have been highly entertaining!

oti

Banned
You have to be with the jaw on the floor if you've followed Dimitrov's career. He would've gotten bageled in this set in previous years

He hit rock bottom in Istanbul. You can only go up from there.

WHAT WAS THAT SERVE AND VOLLEY NO DIMI NO

wtf was that first set point.

What is sleep?

This is fine though, it's not like Nadal has ever been tired in his life. Except maybe at the end of that one AO final with Djokovic that went like 10 hours =P

Status
Not open for further replies.