• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2017 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to Serena on her 23rd slam in singles! That's pretty impressive! Not quite as good as Margaret Court's 24 singles slams but still really good none the less!

Akira

The only thing that is 35 year old about Serena's performance was that grandma-like celebration. The GOAT is just too good. Venus' run was wonderful to see and it would be great to see winning another one.

I still remember the post match interview when Serena won her 12th (or so) grand slam and the interviewer teased her about Graff's record of 22. That was back when Serena was winning fairly infrequently.

It seemed so absurd to even consider it back then. Even Serena acted like it was a troll question.

...who knew?

Edit: I think it was actually her 13th slam, because I remember it was at Wimbledon.

It may have been "boring" or a "snoozefest", but seeing them together right now after the match is a beautiful sight again. Makes it all worth it.

oti

Banned
I still remember the post match interview when Serena won her 12th (or so) grand slam and the interviewer teased her about Graff's record of 22. That was back when Serena was winning fairly infrequently.

It seemed so absurd to even consider it back then. Even Serena seemed like it was a troll question.

...who knew/

She's a living legend.

Too good and whilst I'm not really into the women's game, it's always interesting to see players become living legends as you watch. I used to love watching Graf back in the day, but Serena is something else.

The match itself was a little tentative and subdued. They've had the odd great match here and there, but for the most part, they're difficult matches to watch. Still, congrats to a living legend. 24 and 25 this year? It'd be great to see.

Too good and whilst I'm not really into the women's game, it's always interesting to see players become living legends as you watch. I used to love watching Graf back in the day, but Serena is something else.

The match itself was a little tentative and subdued. They've had the odd great match here and there, but for the most part, they're difficult matches to watch. Still, congrats to a living legend. 24 and 25 this year? It'd be great to see.

I think she'll win one more slam this year.... Probably Wimbledon. I don't see Serena winning the French this year, especially since the queen of clay Maria Sharapova will be back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom