• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2017 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinlely expect Federer to win comfortably. He's had the tougher draw and is playing well, plus he's had the extra days rest and Nadal isn't that superhuman machine he was a few years back.

MIMIC

Banned
Tried to wake up for the Serena-Venus match. Alarm went off, I said, "Serena's gonna win anyway" and went back to sleep, lol. Saw the match later and wasn't surprised. The embrace at the net was so great, though. I love how they adore one another and are so supportive of each other.

As far as this Fedal match is concerned, I'm guessing that it's going to be super ugly...at least out of the gate. I've only seen a couple of Federer's matches this tournament, and in the first couple of games, he has played some of the worst tennis of his career. It's still surprising that he managed to get this far.

Nadal looks decent, but solid. I'd say he's a big favorite here. He'll just abuse Federer's BH like he always does, then drag him side to side. Federer's saving grace will be his serve. IMO, if that isn't clicking, then things will be over rather quickly.

JBwB

Aussie here... Curious to hear who's staying up / waking up early overseas to watch this.

Man... If I wasn't always broke I'd be at the finals myself. TV will have to do :(

Edit: They're heading on to the court now.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Aussie here... Curious to hear who's staying up / waking up early overseas to watch this.

Man... If I wasn't always broke I'd be at the finals myself. TV will have to do :(

Edit: They're heading on to the court now.

US here, staying up, didn't sleep at all before this lol

EVO

images

JBwB

I think it's like 60 - 40 in Nadal's favor after seeing them both play in the tournament so far.

I'm rooting for Federer regardless. Come on! Get that 18th!

Edit: Commentators are saying that the court speed is actually faster than Wimbledon's 2016 courts.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Please none of that 0-15 0-30 stuff you had in like every service game in the Stan match

AxeMan

I'm not really a tennis fan or know much about tennis but I saw how much Nadal has dominated over Federer so I want Federer to win

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Good play from Federer. Dictated the rallies with his backhand, don't often see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom