• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australians on Indonesia death row plead for lives

Status
Not open for further replies.

syllogism

To those who don't on any level have a problem with this, could you elaborate your position a bit. That is, are you always fine with someone being put to death for a crime they committed as long as it doesn't happen in whatever country you happen to reside in? Or are you just on some level fine with death penalty for drug-related offences? Where do you draw the line in that case? No sympathy for someone being put to death for a lesser offense, because they should have seen it coming? If the US had a death penalty for drug trafficking, would you also be fine with the sentence itself even if you disagreed with the law? It seems to me that if you are fine with the sentence despite your personal disagreement with the law, you should accordingly apply the same logic to every other sentence.

Kreunt

Banned
If I remember correctly the Australian Federal Police are somewhat to blame, for informing the Indonesian authorities rather than just arresting them when they got into Australia.

Fusebox

Banned
That list is far from complete, it doesn't even have the guy who was hanged some years back in Singapore. That was a tragic one.

That's because the list was specific to Indonesia.

If I remember correctly the Australian Federal Police are somewhat to blame, for informing the Indonesian authorities rather than just arresting them when they got into Australia.

Yep, it was handled really, really badly from our side.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Feel some pity for these guys, because they were just young stupid assholes trying to get rich. Seems a rough thing to take someones life away for.

EDIT: not a huge amount of pity, you fuck with the asians and their drug laws and they will shoot you, they should have known this.

Amir0x

Banned
Add Malaysia to the list. They're as strict if not stricter than those two nations when it comes to drug peddling/smuggling. They hang folks for the offense.

Ever seen Brokedown Palace or whatever? With, uhm, Claire Danes and Kate Beckinsale or whatever her name is? Yeah, that movie is just 'eh', but it is all sorts of fucked up because that type of shit does happen and it basically instantly means your life is over.

Zeke

I hate gaf's the law is the law group bunch of disgusting pricks. Any way completely ridiculous I hope they get spared no one deserves to be shot like a dog for a drug offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom