• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

There's something definitely unique about them. Plus they look amazing with widebody kits :p

Man there's a Rocket Bunny kit for pretty much every car!

This kit looks crazy in person!

E36 M3 is sooo good. So balanced. Basically a 4 seater S2000 with torque. One of the best driver's cars ever. And when it came out in the mid '90s it was the best handling car period.

I totally agree! I've always enjoyed my seat time in my good friends ride. He also has a E92. I should do a "back to back" drive one of these days.

Evo X

So hung out with Doug Demuro last night. He's a super nice guy with a good bit of experience and knowledge.

He really liked the way my GT4 was specced. I said he could take it out and shoot a video on it if he wanted, but he told me he already got to drive one 3 weeks ago. The video and article should be up within a week. Says he thinks it's going to be a classic in the future and has earned a spot in his dream 3 car garage replacing the BMW 1M. He said he would buy one if he didn't have to constantly go through cars to make funny videos about.

So who on Auto-GAF is getting Horizon 3?

Throw up your tags so I can add you guys.

I got the Ultimate Edition last night. It's amazing.

My tag is WRC Evo X.

That's true but there's really no difference between USDM and JDM Miata's besides the steering wheel position and speaker locations.

I'll agree on the last thing though, that's one of the reasons why I'd rather import a RX-7 from Japan since you can't really find one in decent shape here in Texas.

Also unfortunately the government no longer considers a rhd and lhd version of the same car to be the same, just to make things more difficult.

they basically say
As previously indicated, an import eligibility decision can be based on the substantial similarity of a non-U.S. certified vehicle to a vehicle manufactured for importation and sale in the United States, and so certified by its original manufacturer. If the vehicle you are seeking to import is a RHD, even if there were a U.S.-certified left-hand version of that vehicle, it might not be considered "substantially similar" for import eligibility purposes. Our experience has shown that the safety performance of RHD vehicles is not necessarily the same as that of apparently similar left-hand drive vehicles offered for sale in this country. However, NHTSA will consider the vehicles "substantially similar" if the manufacturer advises the agency in writing, on the manufacturer’s letterhead (and not that of an authorized dealership or other such entity affiliated with the manufacturer) that the RHD vehicle would perform the same as the U.S.-certified left-hand drive vehicle in crash tests.

Luckily there is the 25 year rule which makes it easy, as I have been seriously looking into importing a car.

mkenyon

Banned
Just got a copy of the title for my M5. So hyped.

Flying out Monday, driving back Tuesday morning. Taking a few back roads to keep the drive fun.

v5b5Ibd.png

Definitely going to be an amazing first experience.

Heh, that's one of the major reasons why I'm interested in the Ecoboost 'stang lol.

On another note...

Porsche-GAF, is it possible to find a Cayman or 911 for under $30K with about 50K miles?

That's exactly where I want to be if I'm gonna trade in my Miata lol.

Also unfortunately the government no longer considers a rhd and lhd version of the same car to be the same, just to make things more difficult.

they basically say

Luckily there is the 25 year rule which makes it easy, as I have been seriously looking into importing a car.

I'm not surprised the govt keeps changing the rules. I don't know why they're so insistent in the 25 year rule or the chicken tax when neither really affect the environment or whatever bullshit reasoning they've got.

Futaba

Flying out Monday, driving back Tuesday morning. Taking a few back roads to keep the drive fun.

v5b5Ibd.png

i would gladly ride shotgun for that epic looking trip

I'm not surprised the govt keeps changing the rules. I don't know why they're so insistent in the 25 year rule or the chicken tax when neither really affect the environment or whatever bullshit reasoning they've got.

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with the environment and instead to do with people originally importing new cars instead of buying them here from US dealers.

No Love

Banned

v5b5Ibd.png

Excited for you! Going to be fucking awesome. Make sure to put Sport Mode on and wait a few weeks to turn off DSC. :p

Do you guys know which insurance companies use OEM parts and which dont?

I'm currently with Geico and know that they dont use OEM parts so I'm thinking about switching. Plus, they've raised my rates out of nowhere so I'm shopping.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Do you guys know which insurance companies use OEM parts and which dont?

I'm currently with Geico and know that they dont use OEM parts so I'm thinking about switching. Plus, they've raised my rates out of nowhere so I'm shopping.

Insurance companies can't dictate what kind of parts to use, unless it is SPECIFICALLY in your contract. They have preferred shops, but also can't force you to use them. You take it to the shop of your choice and they will write a bill using OEM materials. When my Jag was side-swiped back in 2013, I took it to a Lambo/Ferrari shop that gave Liberty Mutual a $30K bill. In my case, Liberty then took it up with the insurance of the taxi company.

None the less, my 350Z was rear-ended by an old man at a drive-thru, and I had a brand new OEM bumper installed, even though there were tons of aftermarket replicas out there. At that time I had Geico and he didn't bat an eyelash at the $400 bumper, $650 tail light, + $250 labor cost (the light literally took 60 seconds to install lol).

I got the Ultimate Edition last night. It's amazing.

My tag is WRC Evo X.

Went ahead and sent you a FR.
Gamertag is InuFaye.

So I passed on that cheap E34 today. Dude didn't have any records or prior history on the car at all. The car was clean and straight and had no rust but not having any records on an S38 is a huge red flag for me.

No Love

Banned
Went ahead and sent you a FR.
Gamertag is InuFaye.

So I passed on that cheap E34 today. Dude didn't have any records or prior history on the car at all. The car was clean and straight and had no rust but not having any records on an S38 is a huge red flag for me.

Yeah S38 is a whole different beast. Much more finicky and expensive than an S62 or S65 that's for sure.

Laws00

Saw a Grey looked like gun metal R32 Nissan Skyline GTR coming home from work. Funny enough it was near the same spot I saw the R34 one. I wonder if it was the same person. Shortly after that I saw a yellow S2000. Who cares about that S2000 though lol

Who was it in here that has a Caddy ATS Turbo with a stick?

I saw a coupe earlier for under $30K and it was CPO and I'm not gonna lie... I was immediately interested so I'm curious if anybody has any thoughts on it?

I'd definitely trade in my Miata for it if it turns out to be a good buy.

The Prius is an okay drive. 0-60 is about as fast as our outback, doesn't tip or list as much as the 2nd or 3rd gen ones I've driven. It's certainly no 86 but it also doesn't cry like a baby when the rain starts falling.

IpNaJw4l.jpg

But holy shit. This is without even trying or using the Eco or EV modes at all - with the whole family on board in mixed traffic (up to 70mph freeway).

AlphaSnake

I saw a coupe earlier for under $30K and it was CPO and I'm not gonna lie... I was immediately interested so I'm curious if anybody has any thoughts on it?

They're supposed to be terrific cars, good motors, and great handling. Only downside is a piano black plastic laden center console and CUE. I can't think of the name of the poster, but I can see his avatar in my head lol.

J-Rzez

So driving home from work (in Mexico) and I see this new Mustang GT that's around where I live coming the other way. He cut off a car in his passing lane to swing a u-turn to catch me at a light. Didn't work out for him. Saw him punch his steering wheel when he passed me after the fact. Got to the twisty uphill section of my ride home he tried to lose me, he didn't succeed.

Guess ill just have to add that to the list which has been growing lately, seems they want to take a stab at it if it can live to the hype. Didn't get bothered much at first but I think some of these people thought it was just a regular focus or focus ST? Added to the list of a Boss 302, C6, C7, M2, M235, S3, 2 WRXs, and one STI.

The Suby guys haven't been polite though. Always revving at me, considering not long ago they were waving at me. Maybe its the Tune+ sticker in my back window.

No Love

Banned
So driving home from work (in Mexico) and I see this new Mustang GT that's around where I live coming the other way. He cut off a car in his passing lane to swing a u-turn to catch me at a light. Didn't work out for him. Saw him punch his steering wheel when he passed me after the fact. Got to the twisty uphill section of my ride home he tried to lose me, he didn't succeed.

Guess ill just have to add that to the list which has been growing lately, seems they want to take a stab at it if it can live to the hype. Didn't get bothered much at first but I think some of these people thought it was just a regular focus or focus ST? Added to the list of a Boss 302, C6, C7, M2, M235, S3, 2 WRXs, and one STI.

The Suby guys haven't been polite though. Always revving at me, considering not long ago they were waving at me. Maybe its the Tune+ sticker in my back window.

Nice list. Here's my kill list thus far with the M5: E60 M5, Camaro SS, Challenger SRT8, F80 M4, WRX (new), E90 335i, 350Z, 370Z Nismo, some old turbo Volvo wagon,Focus ST, E46 M3... Can't remember the rest. If there's corners, you can't get me.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

ascii42

Black (w/Brown interior iirc).

J-Rzez

Nice list. Here's my kill list thus far with the M5: E60 M5, Camaro SS, Challenger SRT8, F80 M4, WRX (new), E90 335i, 350Z, 370Z Nismo, some old turbo Volvo wagon,Focus ST, E46 M3... Can't remember the rest. If there's corners, you can't get me.

Lol that's a nice list too. Sad thing is most of those cars in that list lost at a light, the Boss and M2 were the only ones not from a stop that were mid route home in the twists. The others try to keep up or blow by me so I chase them down in the safe parts where there's no on coming traffic since north/south are split. Good vision. No houses. Nothing to worry about.

That tune really turned this RS into a monster. Can't wait for spring when I go to something crazier... Like a turbo/IC upgrade lol.

There's a RS now on the stock turbo in NY iirc, CT Shop, running high 11's.

They're supposed to be terrific cars, good motors, and great handling. Only downside is a piano black plastic laden center console and CUE. I can't think of the name of the poster, but I can see his avatar in my head lol.

As long as the plastic doesn't rattle, I'm cool with it lol.

It makes me wonder why it's under $30K though. It has 12K miles, CPO and Carfax looks good. It's also the premium trim so you get the fancy schmancy magnetic ride control or whatever and from what I read at C&D that's $48K out of the factory... to lose $18K in depreciation... seems super excessive imo.

ascii42

Black (w/Brown interior iirc).

Too lazy to go through his post history right now so I'll look tomorrow, gotta sleep in a bit so I can attend the Millionth Miata Tour tomorrow.

But thanks!

So driving home from work (in Mexico)...

image.php

Heh. One of the reasons why I love watching 1320video is coz a majority of their vids are filmed on my side of Mexico.

AlphaSnake

As long as the plastic doesn't rattle, I'm cool with it lol.

It makes me wonder why it's under $30K though. It has 12K miles, CPO and Carfax looks good. It's also the premium trim so you get the fancy schmancy magnetic ride control or whatever and from what I read at C&D that's $48K out of the factory... to lose $18K in depreciation... seems super excessive imo.

Because they sold them with crazy markdowns. Like up to 8-10K off. And inexpensive cars that are really optioned out always lose value the hardest, which there's a clear reason why. Let me give you an example...

The residual value of an Infiniti M37/Q70 3.7L is much better than the residual of an M56/Q70 5.6L. It makes the 3.7L about $300 cheaper to lease. The 5.6L isn't only more expensive to lease because it's the more expensive car, but primarily because it's value is going to tank in the first 18 months really hard (this is why I bought mine 1 year old used). The reason this happens is because in 5 years time, a similarly spec'd and mileage Q70 3.7L would be worth around $25K. While its 5.6L counterpart will be worth $28-30K. The sales price of both cars went from a $20K difference new, to only about $3-5K used. The more expensive car closes in on that gap very quickly, and thus its residuals suffer dramatically. That is almost always the case with more expensive versions of standard cars.

In the case of your ATS, it's a pretty spec'd out car, when you consider a base model with the shitty base 2.5L engine started out at $31K up until 2015 (it's been dropped since), and could be had for $26K new. So it's 1st year residual tanked. But for 30K it's a bargain now, worth the price, and should slow down considerably. I'd get it, personally.

Was at Thunderhill track yesterday and a shiny new NSX showed up in 2 run groups.
Only 5 days old! #50 for North America out of 150 made so far worldwide. Surprised to see it's smaller than I thought it was going to be.

RzkYaQl.jpg

tPbXYVl.jpg

GkMHdsy.jpg

CLwwHDj.jpg

AlphaSnake

Was at Thunderhill track yesterday and a shiny new NSX showed up in 2 run groups.
Only 5 days old! #50 for North America out of 150 made so far worldwide. Surprised to see it's smaller than I thought it was going to be.

RzkYaQl.jpg

tPbXYVl.jpg

GkMHdsy.jpg

CLwwHDj.jpg

I have to say...this car has grown on me a lot. Especially in the right colors. Blue and white make it really pop.

Evo X

Speaking of the new NSX, I was passing by an Acura dealer 2 days ago and decided to stop by to see if they had one.

Luckily, they had just received one a few days prior. It was roped off as they didn't want people messing with it and said the paint still had to fully cure, but a manager gave me the keys.

Looks very unique and sleek in person. Interior design was bland, but at least great for the most part in terms of materials. Infotainment seemed painfully outdated. They said whoever buys it will be the first one in Illinois. The two others that were sold in this state were shipped out to California and Wisconsin. Said I could come take it out for a test drive if I wanted this week, but I dunno. On 1 hand I really want to, on the other seems like kind of a dick move to put miles on a new limited supercar I have no intention of buying.

Tons of options on this ballooned the price $207K. This is before the additional $40K markup they're asking. That puts it with some really stiff competition. You would have to be a huge Japanese car enthusiast or really want to have a rare car if you buy one over it's European rivals.

20160923_141710ewu0m.jpg

20160923_141739a1ut1.jpg

20160923_143304xduuu.jpg

20160923_143944tzufm.jpg

Went to the Millionth Miata Celebration Tour today and I got to sign the Millionth Miata!!

Blacked out my last name for obvious reasons lol. It's in the trailer coz it was raining like a mofo this morning and they didn't want the rain to wash off the names I'm guessing so they just kept it in there and let people sign.

As a bonus this was there too:

If that looks familiar to you, then yeah it is one of the Miata's they displayed at the 1989 Chicago Auto Show. Here's the description:

Beyond that, I also got a free t-shirt and a cool Miata Celebration tour with my name engraved on it.

Turnout was actually surprising considering how bad the rain was this morning. I got there around 10:30am and IIRC there was about 25+ Miatas hanging out in the parking lot. I left an hour later and it dwindled down to 5 but it was also pouring like crazy so that's understandable.

The really cool thing about all of this? The millionth Miata, after it's tour, is gonna live at the Mazda museum in Hiroshima. I thought this was just gonna be a gimmick and that Mazda was gonna stash it in their basement but to know that I just signed a piece of history that's gonna live in a museum is amazing. I gotta make a trip to Hiroshima in the next few years and find my name on it lol. Shit I just might cry when I see it in person haha.

Because they sold them with crazy markdowns. Like up to 8-10K off. And inexpensive cars that are really optioned out always lose value the hardest, which there's a clear reason why. Let me give you an example...

The residual value of an Infiniti M37/Q70 3.7L is much better than the residual of an M56/Q70 5.6L. It makes the 3.7L about $300 cheaper to lease. The 5.6L isn't only more expensive to lease because it's the more expensive car, but primarily because it's value is going to tank in the first 18 months really hard (this is why I bought mine 1 year old used). The reason this happens is because in 5 years time, a similarly spec'd and mileage Q70 3.7L would be worth around $25K. While its 5.6L counterpart will be worth $28-30K. The sales price of both cars went from a $20K difference new, to only about $3-5K used. The more expensive car closes in on that gap very quickly, and thus its residuals suffer dramatically. That is almost always the case with more expensive versions of standard cars.

In the case of your ATS, it's a pretty spec'd out car, when you consider a base model with the shitty base 2.5L engine started out at $31K up until 2015 (it's been dropped since), and could be had for $26K new. So it's 1st year residual tanked. But for 30K it's a bargain now, worth the price, and should slow down considerably. I'd get it, personally.

Thanks for making sense of it. I've honestly never really thought about the entire depreciation process and all that mess coz I suck at math but this makes a lot of sense.

I'm hoping I'll be able to find a sedan version in November. As much as I love coupes and all, I need a little bit of practicality so a sedan would be more than enough. But that is of course if I can somehow manage to convince myself to sell my Miata and tbh that might be an impossible task right now lol.

Evo X

Dammit jong. Why didn't you tell me about the Millionth Miata tour earlier? I wanted to sign it, but it passed through here earlier this month. ;_;

Hey now, the only thing I hate about the Camaro is the lack of visibility towards the rear. But isn't that fixed now so it might not even be a problem anymore lol.

Dammit jong. Why didn't you tell me about the Millionth Miata tour earlier? I wanted to sign it, but it passed through here earlier this month. ;_;

My bad man. I actually didn't even know about it until last week. Those JDM fanboys I was talking to before told me about it lol.

ascii42

I've had it since February, have a little under 7000 miles on it. So far no issues, no rattling or anything yet. It drives great. My only complaint would be the run-flat tires. Mine's a sedan with premium trim, and I'm glad I opted for that. I see that's what the model you're looking at is as well. One thing to remember depending on where you live is that the premium comes with summer tires.

What year model is it? The 2016s feature improved CUE performance and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support, so I recommend getting a 2016 (or newer). I'm generally okay with CUE at this point, but some things are definitely more awkward than it seems like they should be, so it's nice to have an alternative way to doing things. Also it's nice for maps. With the premium, you'll have built in navigation, which can incorporate XM Traffic, but that's something you'd have to pay for, and you'd also have to pay if you want map updates. Looks like those are like $160 and they come out with them annually. Considering you can buy a Garmin with lifetime updates that are more like quarterly for that, the price is ridiculous.

One nice thing about the built in nav is that directions can be displayed in the instrument cluster screen and the HUD (the HUD's another nice feature of the premium, though it's available on the performance trim as well), whereas CarPlay and Android auto directions can not.

I'm not huge on using voice control, but the few times I've used it, it seems like it works pretty well.
I heard that the six speed on those ATS were not very good, well at least at launch they were crap.

Has that changed?

There was a problem in the pre-release models that reviewers drove that was fixed prior to actual release. At least, according to Cadillac. I haven't driven a 2013 with a stick shift. It's certainly fine in my 2016.

I've had it since February, have a little under 7000 miles on it. So far no issues, no rattling or anything yet. It drives great. My only complaint would be the run-flat tires. Mine's a sedan with premium trim, and I'm glad I opted for that. I see that's what the model you're looking at is as well. One thing to remember depending on where you live is that the premium comes with summer tires.

What year model is it? The 2016s feature improved CUE performance and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support, so I recommend getting a 2016 (or newer). I'm generally okay with CUE at this point, but some things are definitely more awkward than it seems like they should be, so it's nice to have an alternative way to doing things. Also it's nice for maps. With the premium, you'll have built in navigation, which can incorporate XM Traffic, but that's something you'd have to pay for, and you'd also have to pay if you want map updates. Looks like those are like $160 and they come out with them annually. Considering you can buy a Garmin with lifetime updates that are more like quarterly for that, the price is ridiculous.

One nice thing about the built in nav is that directions can be displayed in the instrument cluster screen and the HUD (the HUD's another nice feature of the premium, though it's available on the performance trim as well), whereas CarPlay and Android auto directions can not.

I'm not huge on using voice control, but the few times I've used it, it seems like it works pretty well.

Thanks for the info!

I've never used CarPlay so I can't tell you how necessary it is for me lol. I just need a BT connection since you know, no headphone jack and all that, also a decent phone mount coz I use Waze for my commute.

I'm more interested in the car's performance. How's the engine? The suspension/ride quality? The reviews do say a lot but I'm interested in hearing the opinion of somebody who actually owns one instead of a magazine review lol.

The one I saw was a 2015 model and that's what I'm hoping to get at the very least.

I'm not gonna lie, this car definitely jumped up on my list as of yesterday. Before that I was primarily looking at muscle cars since they seem to be cars that are exactly in my budget. I'm still also looking to go to a 2-car setup, something cheap to complement my Miata but we'll see. The latter is definitely my preferred option, but I probably wouldn't hesitate if I'm getting a really good replacement for my Miata.

Futaba

Well, I figured out what was making the light rattling noise in my center front AC fan..

Still not the worst i've found in a vehicle though, went to see a barn-find Lancia Delta a few years back when a dead boar inside, when we dragged the carcass out we inadvertantly spooked a few thousand roaches that had taken up residence too..
And now you know why I don't currently own a Lancia Delta.

ascii42

Thanks for the info!

I've never used CarPlay so I can't tell you how necessary it is for me lol. I just need a BT connection since you know, no headphone jack and all that, also a decent phone mount coz I use Waze for my commute.

I'm more interested in the car's performance. How's the engine? The suspension/ride quality? The reviews do say a lot but I'm interested in hearing the opinion of somebody who actually owns one instead of a magazine review lol.

The one I saw was a 2015 model and that's what I'm hoping to get at the very least.

I'm not gonna lie, this car definitely jumped up on my list as of yesterday. Before that I was primarily looking at muscle cars since they seem to be cars that are exactly in my budget. I'm still also looking to go to a 2-car setup, something cheap to complement my Miata but we'll see. The latter is definitely my preferred option, but I probably wouldn't hesitate if I'm getting a really good replacement for my Miata.
Yeah. The thing about my opinion vs car reviewers is I traded a Chevy Malibu for it, and I also have a '76 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight and an '89 Buick Riviera. It's a noticeable upgrade, but keep in mind I'm used to cars with no performance or handling whatsoever.

Even so, the car's ride is far from unacceptable to me, given how well the car drives. Sometimes there's more road noise than I'd like. That's why I mentioned the run flat tires. I'm thinking different tires would improve the ride and noise, but I won't know until I replace them. From what I've read, the coupe's suspension is tuned to be slightly sportier than the sedan. As for the engine, I think I prefer naturally aspirated engines over turbo charged, but that's just personal preference. In terms of power I like it just fine, and it pairs well with the stick shift. Oh, and the other problem with early reviews besides the stick shift is the engine was also improved for 2015, they bumped up the torque from 260 to 295 lb-ft, which is nice.

matmanx1

Heh, that's one of the major reasons why I'm interested in the Ecoboost 'stang lol.

On another note...

Porsche-GAF, is it possible to find a Cayman or 911 for under $30K with about 50K miles?

You could certainly find a 987 Cayman for less than $30k. You should drive one. It might change your life. I consider the 987's to be near the pinnacle of in terms of steering, shifting and clutch feel and since everything's gone electric steering now we aren't likely to get a car like that again.

The Prius is an okay drive. 0-60 is about as fast as our outback, doesn't tip or list as much as the 2nd or 3rd gen ones I've driven. It's certainly no 86 but it also doesn't cry like a baby when the rain starts falling.

IpNaJw4l.jpg

But holy shit. This is without even trying or using the Eco or EV modes at all - with the whole family on board in mixed traffic (up to 70mph freeway).

That is epic. Like seriously impressively awesome. Doesn't the Prius have the most efficient ICE on the market at this point? I think it won an award for that.

Went to the Millionth Miata Celebration Tour today and I got to sign the Millionth Miata!!

Blacked out my last name for obvious reasons lol. It's in the trailer coz it was raining like a mofo this morning and they didn't want the rain to wash off the names I'm guessing so they just kept it in there and let people sign.

As a bonus this was there too:

If that looks familiar to you, then yeah it is one of the Miata's they displayed at the 1989 Chicago Auto Show. Here's the description:

Beyond that, I also got a free t-shirt and a cool Miata Celebration tour with my name engraved on it.

Turnout was actually surprising considering how bad the rain was this morning. I got there around 10:30am and IIRC there was about 25+ Miatas hanging out in the parking lot. I left an hour later and it dwindled down to 5 but it was also pouring like crazy so that's understandable.

The really cool thing about all of this? The millionth Miata, after it's tour, is gonna live at the Mazda museum in Hiroshima. I thought this was just gonna be a gimmick and that Mazda was gonna stash it in their basement but to know that I just signed a piece of history that's gonna live in a museum is amazing. I gotta make a trip to Hiroshima in the next few years and find my name on it lol. Shit I just might cry when I see it in person haha.

Thanks for making sense of it. I've honestly never really thought about the entire depreciation process and all that mess coz I suck at math but this makes a lot of sense.

I'm hoping I'll be able to find a sedan version in November. As much as I love coupes and all, I need a little bit of practicality so a sedan would be more than enough. But that is of course if I can somehow manage to convince myself to sell my Miata and tbh that might be an impossible task right now lol.

Wow, that is really cool. Sounds like you had a great time and that is a pretty fantastic event to be a part of.

I get nothing but compliments about my Camaro so you guys can go suck some lemons.

No hard feelings man, hehe. The Camaro's are amazing performance cars for the money. They are a smart choice.

Viperbah

I'm more interested in the car's performance. How's the engine? The suspension/ride quality? The reviews do say a lot but I'm interested in hearing the opinion of somebody who actually owns one instead of a magazine review lol .

I have one but it's an auto 2.0T sedan. I have some minor bolt ons and it's quick for what it is. Still getting 26-27 mpg too. It's fairly agile and responsive when going through corners...I can get the back end loose and come out of it fairly easy....not too unpredictable.

It's a great daily driver, but unfortunately my wife hates it....she thinks the seats are uncomfortable and she can't figure out CUE(I have no issue with it)....so I will probably be looking for something else as we share cars often.

On another note...

I'm sure you could find a 996 or 987 with those miles for that price, it'll just be harder to find and you have to be cognizant that it won't have been driven much at all so a lot of the rubber may be on its way out (tires, gaskets, etc.).

mkenyon

Banned
The only thing I hate about the new camaro is the way it looks.
Its a very impressive machine otherwise.
Exactly. Apparently they've even found a way to make the steering feel like it's hydraulic instead of electric. All I hear is nothing but praise for the actual driving characteristics.

Yes, just keep in mind you'll likely have to do the IMS fix if it hasn't been done yet, so that adds $1.5-2k to the price.

Top Bottom