• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

Bandit1

Do you like my Dads car?

303126_10150324892548817_1436515032_n.jpg

I LOVE your dad's car. That's a very, very nice Cadillac. 1949?

mkenyon

Banned
Oh please don't start this bullshit. You presuming to know the financial status of people in this thread is about as childish of an argument as "I let you win!"
Quite the opposite. I'd have no use for it.

However, cool of dodge to make one.

I do think 275's on the rear will be tough for people to control. Hopefully the traction control is somewhat difficult to disengage.
Sorry, I should rephrase.

Given unlimited funds, there have to be very few auto enthusiasts that would not want one. I don't mean choosing between it and another similar priced car.

A balls fast unique muscle car is something everyone can appreciate. Hating on it for what it isn't misses the entire point of the car.

Malvingt2

Guys Acura Integra... yes or no? and what year should I look for? reputation of that car in general?

is for my sister. First time driver.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I pick it up tomorrow but ill post pics that the dealer has when i get home.

Did you get it from a Lotus-Jag dealer that you were contemplating one or the other? Hehe.

I live near one in Florida. Was curious if it's the same one.

I pick it up tomorrow but ill post pics that the dealer has when i get home.

Grats! Definitely a unique choice.

Guys Acura Integra... yes or no? and what year should I look for? reputation of that car in general?

is for my sister. First time driver.

Prepare to pay heavy ricer tax. You'll have a hard time finding one not abused to shit by some stance-loving dumbfuck.

Other than that, they offer good performance and handling for the money, and they're built a lot.

Hey Car GAF,

I'm looking to buy some new summer tries (+spring/fall? maybe that makes them all-season, I have no idea). We have separate wheels for the winter. I would like to buy from Costco. They seem to have a bunch of Michelin/Bridgestone models available. Here are some:

Michelin Energy, Premier, Primacy, Defender, Pilot Sport A/S3
Bridgestone Turanza, Potenza, Ecopia

The car is a FWD 2006 Toyota Matrix, tires P205/55R16. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Bandit1

My latest acquisition.

1973 Firebird Formula. Doesn't look like much, but I'm getting the front clip to it soon, and my dad just happens to have a date code correct 1973 Pontiac 400 that I'm gonna deal him out of. I have all the rear end to the car as well, but I've already taken it apart. Pretty rusty, but they're rare enough to be valuable. I got a new pair of floor pans to go with it, and it will need a new trunk floor and tail panel, but I think I can get them both for about $300.

Viperbah

My latest acquisition.

1973 Firebird Formula. Doesn't look like much, but I'm getting the front clip to it soon, and my dad just happens to have a date code correct 1973 Pontiac 400 that I'm gonna deal him out of. I have all the rear end to the car as well, but I've already taken it apart. Pretty rusty, but they're rare enough to be valuable. I got a new pair of floor pans to go with it, and it will need a new trunk floor and tail panel, but I think I can get them both for about $300.

Nice...good luck with the build. I have always wanted to do a early Gen 2 Fbody...the earlier 70s cars are skyrocketing in value now...esp the Camaros.

asdad123

Any suggestions on SUVs comparable to a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee? I have one with 2600 miles on it, and am considering getting rid of it due to the problems.

At 300 miles, the cv boots broke open due to a defect at the factory. Took the dealership 4 tries and over a week to get it fixed correctly. Now a rattle developed in the last 200 miles or so. It wasn't that much of a concern, so I figured I would wait until my first oil change to get it checked out. I brought it in this morning for the oil change/fix rattle to the same dealership because after the last fiasco, the service manager called me and told me he'd make it right next time I came in and would fully detail the vehicle and oil change for free. I get a phone call at 1130 saying they can't hear the rattle (I made a video of the rattling sound the day before and even offered to show it to the service rep when I dropped it off) and that they can not release the vehicle because they have to replace the front two drive shafts again because Chrysler issued a tsb/recall and they can't get it done until tomorrow. I asked them why since they were already replaced and they said "they re-engineered the parts and the part numbers are different" OH REALLY?? I pulled up the tsb on my phone, and the original service receipt, and the part numbers are exactly the same. On JeepGarage, a member emailed a contact at Factory Powertrain engineering and they confirmed that the part wasn't changed.

I went in at 1230 and spoke to the service manager in person and he said the shafts will be replaced by the end of day however they might not be able to get to the rattle. I showed him my video of it, and he heard it on that, but he can't hear it in person? That's ridiculous.

So far I caught this dealership lying to me 4 times (twice when they said they cleaned the grease off originally, when I did it myself and have pictures to prove it, one about the different part numbers, and saying there is no rattle after a road test). Honestly I'm not even sure if they even road tested it since the last time they road tested it after fixing it, the brake pad was loose and making a ton of noise but apparently they didn't hear it.

Sorry for the long post. Just furious at the moment.

Tldr: fuck this dealership.

KingGondo

Banned
Sorry you're having such a bad experience.

You might look into a Subaru Forester. SUV-ish but comfortable and still off-road capable.

AlphaSnake

Any suggestions on SUVs comparable to a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee? I have one with 2600 miles on it, and am considering getting rid of it due to the problems.

At 300 miles, the cv boots broke open due to a defect at the factory. Took the dealership 4 tries and over a week to get it fixed correctly. Now a rattle developed in the last 200 miles or so. It wasn't that much of a concern, so I figured I would wait until my first oil change to get it checked out. I brought it in this morning for the oil change/fix rattle to the same dealership because after the last fiasco, the service manager called me and told me he'd make it right next time I came in and would fully detail the vehicle and oil change for free. I get a phone call at 1130 saying they can't hear the rattle (I made a video of the rattling sound the day before and even offered to show it to the service rep when I dropped it off) and that they can not release the vehicle because they have to replace the front two drive shafts again because Chrysler issued a tsb/recall and they can't get it done until tomorrow. I asked them why since they were already replaced and they said "they re-engineered the parts and the part numbers are different" OH REALLY?? I pulled up the tsb on my phone, and the original service receipt, and the part numbers are exactly the same. On JeepGarage, a member emailed a contact at Factory Powertrain engineering and they confirmed that the part wasn't changed.

I went in at 1230 and spoke to the service manager in person and he said the shafts will be replaced by the end of day however they might not be able to get to the rattle. I showed him my video of it, and he heard it on that, but he can't hear it in person? That's ridiculous.

So far I caught this dealership lying to me 4 times (twice when they said they cleaned the grease off originally, when I did it myself and have pictures to prove it, one about the different part numbers, and saying there is no rattle after a road test). Honestly I'm not even sure if they even road tested it since the last time they road tested it after fixing it, the brake pad was loose and making a ton of noise but apparently they didn't hear it.

Lemon the car. Get a lemon lawyer and get rid of that POS.

Contact Chrysler. Mention the service advisor by name to the representative assigned to you. Send them all the evidence.

Your problems are with the dealer, not the car. Just chill out for a day, get the car back and then take it to another dealer--hopefully there's another not too far out. Tell them you aren't satisfied with the service at the original dealership and would like to bring the car to them and they will rip your pants off and suck your dick right then and there.

Edit: Don't bother trying to improve service at the original dealer, sounds like they're just incompetent. The folks at my old local Nissan dealer must have just graduated from Jiffy Lube University, one of them actually sheared a wheel stud right in front of my by blasting a broken nut onto it with an impact wrench. This is after I had handed the broken nut to him and said "this nut and the stud are stripped." Just give up on them and find somewhere else that does warranty work.

asdad123

Contact Chrysler. Mention the service advisor by name to the representative assigned to you. Send them all the evidence.

I did the first time I had Trouble with them. chrysler customer service said they would send what they call a "red letter" to the dealership but after that I didn't hear jackshit (and honestly I didn't care cause the car was fine finally) .

I honestly think they are trying to double dip with Chrysler by getting paid for the repair twice. I could see them saying they "replaced" the drive shafts today but just left the old ones in instead. They figure i can't prove anything because it's the same part number. Little do they know, I did mark the clamp and shaft with permanent marked when it was first replaced just to make sure the clamp wasn't loose and moving over time. If I see that same mark after I get the car back today, I'll laugh my ass off.

I did the first time I had Trouble with them. chrysler customer service said they would send what they call a "red letter" to the dealership but after that I didn't hear jackshit (and honestly I didn't care cause the car was fine finally) .

I honestly think they are trying to double dip with Chrysler by getting paid for the repair twice. I could see them saying they "replaced" the drive shafts today but just left the old ones in instead. They figure i can't prove anything because it's the same part number. Little do they know, I did mark the clamp and shaft with permanent marked when it was first replaced just to make sure the clamp wasn't loose and moving over time. If I see that same mark after I get the car back today, I'll laugh my ass off.

Don't ascribe to malice what can be explained with incompetence. I'd say 99% they aren't trying to con anybody they just don't know wtf they're doing.

Edit: Oh, and that red letter? The service department hates you now and wants you gone. You cause too much trouble.

Malvingt2

Your problems are with the dealer, not the car. Just chill out for a day, get the car back and then take it to another dealer--hopefully there's another not too far out. Tell them you aren't satisfied with the service at the original dealership and would like to bring the car to them and they will rip your pants off and suck your dick right then and there.

Edit: Don't bother trying to improve service at the original dealer, sounds like they're just incompetent. The folks at my old local Nissan dealer must have just graduated from Jiffy Lube University, one of them actually sheared a wheel stud right in front of my by blasting a broken nut onto it with an impact wrench. This is after I had handed the broken nut to him and said "this nut and the stud are stripped." Just give up on them and find somewhere else that does warranty work.

I didn't know you could do this. Same brand dealer correct?

Wow, gorgeous. Driving impressions?

Pretty great. Picked her up this morning. It has this growl.. and the handling.. THE HANDLING...

I have never experienced handling like this. It is insane how I feel like I have so much control. I actually felt the back end drift/turn a bit while parking today in a spot at work. It was nutso.

I love it. Absolutely love it.

One thing I hate though is the Sat/Nav head unit. hard to see in the sunlight. feels a bit dated as well.

AlphaSnake

I didn't know you could do this. Same brand dealer correct?

It astounds me that people don't understand that you can take your car to ANY dealership that services the brand, not the one you bought it from. Dealers are independent, warranties are corporate. You can buy the car in Alaska and service it in Florida.

what is that?

Nissan Leaf.

Malvingt2

It astounds me that people don't understand that you can take your car to ANY dealership that services the brand, not the one you bought it from. Dealers are independent, warranties are corporate. You can buy the car in Alaska and service it in Florida.

Nissan Leaf.
I honestly didn't know and thanks, I was confused to what I was looking at lol

asdad123

I know that, but I figured that the service manager said they would make the situation right after the last time so I should give them another shot. Plus the fact that it's only 5 minutes from work helps too.

Never again though.

AlphaSnake

I know that, but I figured that the service manager said they would make the situation right after the last time so I should give them another shot. Plus the fact that it's only 5 minutes from work helps too.

Never again though.

It wasn't directed to you, breh. I didn't quote you. :p

belvedere

Junior Butler
looks like a frog from the front

Haha, it does. It's predecessor looked like a bug so I guess I'm prone to goofy looking cars.

The wife's work recently installed some level 2 charging stations where she can charge for free. So with the WRX hitting 200k and needing a good amount of work I bit the bullet and went for the Leaf. I had been researching them for a long time but range was a problem. Not so much now. :p

Bandit1

Nice...good luck with the build. I have always wanted to do a early Gen 2 Fbody...the earlier 70s cars are skyrocketing in value now...esp the Camaros.

Thanks, yeah I've been wanting to do a 70-73 F-body as well. At first I was just going to fix the floorpans and get the car on the road, but then I took the rear end apart and decided to fix the rust back there as well, and then I thought - well if I'm going that far I might as well paint it while it's stripped down. Then I'd just need to do the interior to make it complete, lol. Anyway I don't have the budget for that at the moment so I think I'm just going to hold off for a while.

Ford Explorer? Toyota 4 Runner or Highlander? Honda Pilot? Stay away from any Dodge brand(includes Chrysler and Jeep). Just a horrible brand all around. I've seen way too many people have problems over the years.

AnAngryPillock

Neo Member

It's a bit bigger, but the new 2015 Tahoes are really nice. I didn't like it when it was announced, but I was really impressed after driving it.

Top Bottom