• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

Smokey

Hi AutoGAF, my first time posting here!

About 8 month ago I posted this in the pick--up thread in the form of a down payment. Today I finally received the call to pick up the car. Someone back then told me to head over here once I get it.

So here it is, my 2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 in Verde Mantis color.

PICT_20141220_161428.jpg

IMG_20141220_220242.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

So how is it

Lots of stares so far ?

Lizardus

lambo?

slow piece of shit...i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

im making 248 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be.

Chiester

lambo?

slow piece of shit...i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

lol i love this pasta. I was actually debating if I should use this pasta on the 86 vs m3 topic, but I decided against it because I wasn't sure if people would know it was a joke since I don't post often.

Lizardus

lol i love this pasta. I was actually debating if I should use this pasta on the 86 vs m3 topic, but I decided against it because I wasn't sure if people would know it was a joke since I don't post often.

Yeah I love it.

Great Huracan, Chromax.

can you take pictures of the engine? How much was it in end?

Viperbah

About 8 month ago I posted this in the pick--up thread in the form of a down payment. Today I finally received the call to pick up the car. Someone back then told me to head over here once I get it.

Awesome!

kharma45

PICT_20141220_161428.jpg

IMG_20141220_220242.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

Very nice. Green works very well.

Makki

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

RNOrXtI.gif

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

PICT_20141220_161428.jpg

IMG_20141220_220242.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

:eek:

What a color. Jesus. WOW.

are you in california?

Look at the cars across the street. He's in NY.

Do a burnout

It's all-wheel drive...

WOW This looks AMAZING! This is quite the pickup!

Chromax

I purposely asked cause I could have sworn he mentioned that he's in California real estate in some other thread so I was wondering why those NY cars are there.

You're correct! I move between San Francisco and NYC frequently. It was in San Francisco when I got robbed earlier this year, but I also said I wasn't robbed in this car because it wasn't out yet and it's being delivered to another city.

Here's a picture (cellphone quality) with the back opened up that someone asked and to answer another question, in the end it was roughly 300k.

DSC_0052.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

PICT_20141220_161428.jpg

IMG_20141220_220242.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

Well that escalated quickly.

hwalker84

PICT_20141220_161428.jpg

IMG_20141220_220242.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg
Awesome man. No ones topping this baby!

Amazing Lambo, and in the best color. Congratulations!

I'm looking at finally graduating to something a little more fun now that we've settled down and bought a house. Budget is around 27k before tax and license. We have a family hauler ('14 Forester) so I'm not concerned about interior space, but two-seaters are out. I won't buy Chrysler or GM due to past issues. Only other requirement is a manual transmission.

I've already driven the new WRX and BRZ and liked the BRZ better - it felt much smoother to drive. But I'm in the PNW and RWD in the rain is a worry. The WRX was fast as hell but I felt like I was fighting to drive it smoothly.

Also have tried the Juke. Felt like it was on stilts and the shifter was awful. Also, there are no more manuals for '15 unless you go Nismo :\

I've got a few more cars on the list to try out:

Cooper
GTI
Fiesta ST
Civic Si
Mazda 3s

Opinions? Anyone own any of the above? Anything else I should be looking at?

omgkitty

Need some advice. I've never posted in this thread before, so don't tear me apart please! So I've come into some money, and it's time for me to buy a new car. I've wanted a GTI since I was about 16, and now 8 years later, I have the money. I went to test drive one last night and.....I don't fit. I'm a big guy. Like offensive lineman big. I'm very tall as well at 6'5. Needless to say, I was heart broken, but I guess I should have expected this. It was a snug fit and I maybe could have made it work, but in the long run it probably wouldn't have been a good idea.

I'm not really sure what to look at now. I want a good car with some power that's fun to drive that I can also fit in. With my size, that kind of eliminates most of the go to cars in that mold. I'm also not a huge fan of big vehicles. I don't like trucks or large SUV's so I'm kind of a contradiction to myself. I'm going to check out a Juke tonight, but I'm not sure if that will work either. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? My budget is around 25k.

How about a Hyundai Genesis Coupe. I hear the 3.6 V6 is pretty nice. My buddy has a older 2.0 turbo and it was nice but needed more power. I think the V6 has almost 350 and comes in a stick.

AlphaSnake

How about a Hyundai Genesis Coupe. I hear the 3.6 V6 is pretty nice. My buddy has a older 2.0 turbo and it was nice but needed more power. I think the V6 has almost 350 and comes in a stick.

The 350HP is from the 3.8L motor, which was upgraded over the original 3.6 the car came with when it first launched. They're quick cars, for sure. But very stiff and lack refinement. Also clutch isn't very nice, neither is the shifter.

Laekon

I'm looking at finally graduating to something a little more fun now that we've settled down and bought a house. Budget is around 27k before tax and license. We have a family hauler ('14 Forester) so I'm not concerned about interior space, but two-seaters are out. I won't buy Chrysler or GM due to past issues. Only other requirement is a manual transmission.

I've already driven the new WRX and BRZ and liked the BRZ better - it felt much smoother to drive. But I'm in the PNW and RWD in the rain is a worry. The WRX was fast as hell but I felt like I was fighting to drive it smoothly.

Also have tried the Juke. Felt like it was on stilts and the shifter was awful. Also, there are no more manuals for '15 unless you go Nismo :\

Cooper
GTI
Fiesta ST
Civic Si
Mazda 3s

I have a 2008 GTI and really like it. It's my only car though so I wanted a great everyday car that was also fun and useful for hiking and biking trips. When I bought it I was comparing it to the WRX and Mazda 3 as I wanted a hatch back. It's fast enough, fun on Malibu Canyon roads, gets over 30 mpg on highway trips, and feels like a quality vehicle. I have multiple friends with WRX's and while they are better on the Canyon roads they don't hold up in other areas. A friend with over $15k dropped into his STI loves his wife's GTI. I really wish you could get the BMW 1 serier 5 door hatch backs in the US.

I came here to see if anyone has had a good experience getting tires at Costco. A small piece of tread came lose on my Hankook Ventus V12 tires. It sucks cause at 30K miles they still had a good amount of tread left. They were the first summer performance type tire I've owned but seemed to be really good on handling and noise. Way better than the shitty Pirelli that came stock. Anyone else have good performance tire recommendations that are on the affordable side?

Cooper
GTI
Fiesta ST
Civic Si
Mazda 3s

I have the 2014 Civic Si coupe which as far as I can tell is identical to the 2015.

I'll give you my review having owned it since May (so about 7 months).

Pros
- Price. I got mine for $20,900. You can probably get them lower.
- Interior - I personally really like the interior. Honda did a great job with the touchpoints, which all feel pretty high quality.
- Tech. Comes standard with backup camera, bluetooth, HDMI (yes, HDMI), Pandora, lane change camera, 7" touch screen. Again, compared to other cars in the price range, completely blows them out the water IMO.
- 205 BHP, with a rear helical limited slip differential
- the transmission. oh man is it great. BUTTERY smooth shifts, short throws.
- Pretty good stock sound system
- VTEC (need I say more?). On that note the induction sound is great if you're a 4 banger naturally aspirated fan.
- 22/33 mpg. I usually get around 27-28 MPG per tank.
- Honda reliability

Cons
- Seats. They only come in cloth. They are two tone red and black which I like, but I don't think they're that comfortable.
- FWD, it's a civic
- In the USA I don't think you can get automatic climate control (not sure why, I thought Si's were supposed to have everything from EX models?)

That's all I can think of really. It's a great little package which can't be beat for the price. I got mine for 20,900 plus tax. My brother bought a BRZ which of course is closer to 27k. Obviously the BRZ is a completely different experience, being roadster style and RWD (incredible handling), but the two cars are similar in power (the Si actually has a few more horsepower and more to the wheels) and I can go faster on the straights. The Si has the rear LSD, 18" wheels/tires, stiffer suspensions and rear sway bars which improved the handling from 2013 greatly. And if you ask me the tech in the Si beats the BRZ by a mile. My brother has also had problems with the fuel pump in his BRZ - it chirps loudly. This is apparently a pretty common problem which is due to the high ethanol content in US fuel. He's waiting for a fix.

So for me it comes down to value. Do you want the raw, mechanical, RWD experience of the BRZ? Or do you want to the best bang for your buck? Both are completely valid I think. If you have any questions about the car let me know.

Need some advice. I've never posted in this thread before, so don't tear me apart please! So I've come into some money, and it's time for me to buy a new car. I've wanted a GTI since I was about 16, and now 8 years later, I have the money. I went to test drive one last night and.....I don't fit. I'm a big guy. Like offensive lineman big. I'm very tall as well at 6'5. Needless to say, I was heart broken, but I guess I should have expected this. It was a snug fit and I maybe could have made it work, but in the long run it probably wouldn't have been a good idea.

I'm not really sure what to look at now. I want a good car with some power that's fun to drive that I can also fit in. With my size, that kind of eliminates most of the go to cars in that mold. I'm also not a huge fan of big vehicles. I don't like trucks or large SUV's so I'm kind of a contradiction to myself. I'm going to check out a Juke tonight, but I'm not sure if that will work either. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? My budget is around 25k.

Are you opposed to used cars at all?

Cooper
GTI
Fiesta ST
Civic Si
Mazda 3s

Look at used BRZs too. Reasonably low mileage 2013s/2014s can be had for <$20,000. They will still be under warranty for a bit. If you don't mind the low torque, it is a great car.

Mazda 3 and the GTI are good options too. I didn't test the Fiesta ST but really disliked the Focus ST.

BMW's Minis haven't had a great history of reliability.

Thanks everyone. I've owned lots of Hondas in the past but haven't bought one since the mid-90s. We did have a VW in the past ('02 Beetle) that was a complete lemon, so the missus is giving me the stink eye for even thinking about the GTI :\

As far as a used BRZ/FR-S (Breezy Farts?), the original ones had condensation issues, which isn't a huge deal. Used ones here are tracking in the low 20s and the Scion dealers are even offering discounts on new models as well.

MisterNoisy

The 350HP is from the 3.8L motor, which was upgraded over the original 3.6 the car came with when it first launched. They're quick cars, for sure. But very stiff and lack refinement. Also clutch isn't very nice, neither is the shifter.

The earlier V6 cars had the 3.8, too - the difference between the current engine and the original one is primarily the addition of direct injection. The current 'Ultimate' spec is basically what used to be the 'Track' spec, with slight suspension changes to make the ride less harsh.

AlphaSnake

The earlier V6 cars had the 3.8, too - the difference between the current engine and the original one is primarily the addition of direct injection. The current 'Ultimate' spec is basically what used to be the 'Track' spec, with slight suspension changes to make the ride less harsh.

Woops. Yeah, definitely correct about that.

ascii42

I must be the only person hyped for the Gen 2 Chevy Volt here.
I may have my own house by the time the Gen 2 Volt is out, so I might be interested in getting one. Not really having my own place to charge one stopped me from getting a first gen, otherwise I quite liked the car.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
It's good for competition, but Tesla is just going to wipe the floor with it once they release the Model 3.

I'd rather have the security of the backup gas engine to charge the battery pack.

How exactly is the Gen 2 tech-forward? What is new?
Well, the batteries have new and improved chemistry, so Chevy is able to make the battery pack with fewer cells while keeping the kilowatt-hours the same. That, plus fewer wires and an aluminum engine block, should lower weight by a couple hundred pounds and improve range.

That, and there's an on-demand brake regen, so you can pull a paddle on the steering wheel to increase the energy capture through the brake regeneration and have one-pedal driving in city traffic.

Oh, and the charging port can be equipped to glow.

chevy-volt-3-1.jpg

And if this teaser is any indication, it'll look good in blue.

chevy-volt-2-1.jpg

I may have my own house by the time the Gen 2 Volt is out, so I might be interested in getting one. Not really having my own place to charge one stopped me from getting a first gen, otherwise I quite liked the car.

There's a solution for that.

Top Bottom