• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

Is there anyway to find out what dealer invoice is? I want to get a new mazda 3 and I went to the dealer and all I could get out of them was "it depends". It seems like they didn't want to tell me until I agreed to buy it. I don't fucking get it. I'll try another dealer but is there any way online to find out?

Is there anyway to find out what dealer invoice is? I want to get a new mazda 3 and I went to the dealer and all I could get out of them was "it depends". It seems like they didn't want to tell me until I agreed to buy it. I don't fucking get it. I'll try another dealer but is there any way online to find out?

As in how much they paid for it? I don't see why they'd ever want to tell you that.

Truecar will though:

http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/m...888&incentiveIds=&trimId=263082&zipcode=63144

Set your zipcode, options, etc.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/04/subaru-may-revive-the-wrx-hatchback

An Australian enthusiast site spoke to WRX Project General Manager Masuo Takatsu, who said that strong demand for the hatch in America (where it accounted for half of WRX sales) has led them to re-consider their plans

“We have received strong interest from the US, where the hatchback was 50 per cent (of previous-generation WRX sales), so we’re now considering. The main target for WRX is the US…Japan is number two, Australia number three. Basically, we target these three markets.”

cool beans.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
cali duster and quick detailer

Quick detailers are good, if you know how to use them so they don't leave streaks all over the car.

But California Dusters will leave swirls all over the car. Do NOT use them.

everyone shits on anything a new wrx is debuted, than love it right around when the next one comes out.

i dont know about people shitting on the wrx hatch though, maybe the sti because it only came in hatch the last one?

Might have been a UK thing then, but it was pretty negatively viewed in the way on appearances (for an Impreza). I wasn't keen either, but grew to it as they bolted more and more kit to it.

think you can get a focus st for similar price, old speed3?

forgot to ask what ya looking for lol
Maybe? Haven't really seen either used nearby... I just want a decent car but dealers suck and its just a miserable experience. I want something with decent tech which brought me to the Mazda 3. I prefer manual too.

No Love

Banned
Maybe? Haven't really seen either used nearby... I just want a decent car but dealers suck and its just a miserable experience. I want something with decent tech which brought me to the Mazda 3. I prefer manual too.

Fiesta ST. Probably the most fun, economical, best handling cheap new car you can buy. Go watch videos on it. It looks like so much freaking fun

Don't know about the Fiesta ST but I really disliked the steering on the Focus ST when I test drove it. Everything else was pretty good though.

Don't know about the Fiesta ST but I really disliked the steering on the Focus ST when I test drove it. Everything else was pretty good though.
Think they got rid of the anti torque steer magic thing for the fiesta. You didn't mention body type, so why not go test drive the 15 wrx while ya at it too.

Always make sure you tried everything before deciding on a hefty purchase like a car. No regrets!

I'm building out some very broad requirements for my next car and I'm trying to figure out whether or not to make the cut-off for sedans/coupes at compact or mid-size. If I cut it off at compact then that obviously excludes things like 5-Series/M5s, the CTS/CTS-V, etc.

The focus is obviously going to be all about performance and handling, so smaller is typically better, but I don't know if it's silly to exclude slightly larger cars especially when I have GTs on the list.

Thoughts?

No Love

Banned
I'm building out some very broad requirements for my next car and I'm trying to figure out whether or not to make the cut-off for sedans/coupes at compact or mid-size. If I cut it off at compact then that obviously excludes things like 5-Series/M5s, the CTS/CTS-V, etc.

The focus is obviously going to be all about performance and handling, so smaller is typically better, but I don't know if it's silly to exclude slightly larger cars especially when I have GTs on the list.

Thoughts?

Just get the CTS-V.

I saw a Cobra replica on the road. Man, what a cool looking car.
6a00d83451706569e20133edbe77c1970b.jpg

No Love

Banned
It was just an example. The list at this includes like 50 models with multiple versions. I'm just mulling the cut-off point for stuff like a CL AMG, or the other examples.

You can get a CTS V with low miles for under $40k. Go drive one. Its better than Jesus :D

Drive it. It's the ST, not the base model. FYI Focus ST is one of the most fun cars I've ever driven. Sure beats a Mazda 3.
Are you talking Mazda speed 3 or Mazda 3? Because the speed hasn't been redesigned yet and no shit an st handles differently than a 3, they're not close to the same and aren't meant to be... And you're talking about fiesta right? I know the focus st is awesome, I don't know what that has to do with the fiesta though. Did you mean to say focus and said fiesta instead? I'm confused now.

Edit: Hmm, CNET review of the Fiesta ST actually makes it seem pretty sexy... I wonder if my dealer has one to drive.

No Love

Banned
Are you talking Mazda speed 3 or Mazda 3? Because the speed hasn't been redesigned yet and no shit an st handles differently than a 3, they're not close to the same and aren't meant to be... And you're talking about fiesta right? I know the focus st is awesome, I don't know what that has to do with the fiesta though. Did you mean to say focus and said fiesta instead? I'm confused now.

Re-read my post... Fiesta ST. The Fiesta ST is fucking awesome. Mazda is gonna have to try real hard to make a car that's more fun to drive than the Fiesta ST. I've driven the Focus ST and it's by far the best FWD car I've ever driven, I'd say even better than the Integra Type R... and the Fiesta ST is supposed to be way more fun than the Focus.

Just go drive one. Or hell even a Focus ST... it's hard to believe they're FWD, they drive so damn well. I've thrown my friend's Focus ST through a corner and it had usable, awesome oversteer. Loved it. They also get insane gas mileage.

Re-read my post... Fiesta ST. The Fiesta ST is fucking awesome. Mazda is gonna have to try real hard to make a car that's more fun to drive than the Fiesta ST. I've driven the Focus ST and it's by far the best FWD car I've ever driven, I'd say even better than the Integra Type R... and the Fiesta ST is supposed to be way more fun than the Focus.

Just go drive one. Or hell even a Focus ST... it's hard to believe they're FWD, they drive so damn well. I've thrown my friend's Focus ST through a corner and it had usable, awesome oversteer. Loved it. They also get insane gas mileage.

No dealer by me seems to have the ST. I have to drive pretty far out of the way to even try it. :/

Edit: What do people think of the miata? The lack of tech bothers me but goddammit if it's not sexy as hell.

Edit: What do people think of the miata? The lack of tech bothers me but goddammit if it's not sexy as hell.

As a Miata owner, well, I'm pretty sure you know what I'm going to say haha.

The one thing I'll say though is that to wait for the next-gen Miata. I'm 75% sure we'll see it during the NY Auto Show this month and 200% sure we'll see it around September during the Miatas at Laguna Seca. So if you're getting a new one, then you might wanna wait. If not, you won't do any wrong whatever year you pick up.

So instead, I'll turn it around and ask what you wanna know about it.

I've got an 06 but they're practically the same from then to now.

rokkerkory

Thoughts?

F80 m3

As a Miata owner, well, I'm pretty sure you know what I'm going to say haha.

The one thing I'll say though is that to wait for the next-gen Miata. I'm 75% sure we'll see it during the NY Auto Show this month and 200% sure we'll see it around September during the Miatas at Laguna Seca. So if you're getting a new one, then you might wanna wait. If not, you won't do any wrong whatever year you pick up.

So instead, I'll turn it around and ask what you wanna know about it.

I've got an 06 but they're practically the same from then to now.

I don't know, I went to the dealer to test the mazda 3 and I saw the miata and wanted it. I've liked them for a long time now. I guess I should get something more practical though. I don't know.

I don't know, I went to the dealer to test the mazda 3 and I saw the miata and wanted it. I've liked them for a long time now. I guess I should get something more practical though. I don't know.

Screw practicality! When you can have the top down, a manual gearbox and traction control off and have that rear slipping a bit... all I can really say is aww yiss lol.

It really depends on your needs tbh. If you need the backseats and huge trunkspace then obviously the Miata is out of the question. But for the most part, they do well enough for grocery runs and for storing a bunch of stuff.

Screw practicality! When you can have the top down, a manual gearbox and traction control off and have that rear slipping a bit... all I can really say is aww yiss lol.

It really depends on your needs tbh. If you need the backseats and huge trunkspace then obviously the Miata is out of the question. But for the most part, they do well enough for grocery runs and for storing a bunch of stuff.

Aren't they RWD though? I'm just worried about the snow we get here, especially after the stupid amount we got this year.

KemoSabe

wut. base price in Germany: €72k = $99k

we're getting ripped off here so that you can enjoy your cheap M4s :/ here in Germany they also charge you for every shit. standard equipment in USA/UK is often much much better.
yup, thats one reason i will never buy a new car from a german manufacturer.
plus, the workers in the german automobile industry earn waaay too much money.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
When's the New York Auto Show? I want to see if Mazda unveils the new Miata and/or if Chrysler unveils the replacement for the Dodge Challenger.

Aww what happened to FWD?

Aren't they RWD though? I'm just worried about the snow we get here, especially after the stupid amount we got this year.

Snow tires are the answer.

I'm in Texas and I've got summer tires year round, so I can't really tell you about snow driving that much. But from what I've seen from reviews and other users on Miata.net they say that they'd rather drive a Miata with proper snow tires than a FWD car on all-seasons.

Top Bottom