• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

lem0n

Looks nice but what will power it?

If it's any hybrid bullshit I'm not interested in the slightest.

I hope its a V8. I'm so tired of the V6 they've been using for ages. Also, anyone want to bet there will be no more manual version?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I hope its a V8. I'm so tired of the V6 they've been using for ages. Also, anyone want to bet there will be no more manual version?

It won't be a V8.

If it's a new motor, it'll be a 3.0T they developed with Mercedes.

GHG

Yep. I just wish they would take the V8 from the qx70 and use that. Or at least make the Q50 Eau Rouge a reality and make a coupe version out of it.

True Japanese performance cars have died a slow death :( . Lexus don't even do the IS-F anymore.

Lizardus

Wow...new Q60 Coupe/G37 Coupe. Infiniti has said production version will look 95% like this.

]http://roa.h-cdn.co/assets/15/02/1600x800/landscape_nrm_1420469348-infi.jpg[/IMG]

I am guessing the next Z will be on same platform so I hope it won't look as blobby as this.

Lizardus

That doesn't look the least bit "blobby" to me.

It was just a bad angle, this one looks much better. Reminds of the new Mustang crossed with RC-F?

Infiniti-Q60-Pics15.jpg

I think he means the engine options ;)

lol, they need to bring back twin turbo straight 6.

AlphaSnake

It was just a bad angle, this one looks much better. Reminds of the new Mustang crossed with RC-F?

Infiniti-Q60-Pics15.jpg

lol, they need to bring back twin turbo straight 6.

Where did you find the rear pics of the car? Damn, it's beautiful!

It looks ages better than the hideous RC-F. I've seen a number of RCs and RC-Fs driving around in person, and that car is just an offensive amalgamation of design cues stuck together. The rear end is just hard to look at. But this looks stunning.

Lizardus

Where did you find the rear pics of the car? Damn, it's beautiful!

It looks ages better than the hideous RC-F. I've seen a number of RCs and RC-Fs driving around in person, and that car is just an offensive amalgamation of design cues stuck together. The rear end is just hard to look at. But this looks stunning.

Yeah I take it back. Mustang meets F-Type?

Infiniti-Q60-Pics25.jpg

Sexy as fuck nonetheless.

AlphaSnake

I don't see any Mustang in it, at all.

I see a gradual evolution of the G37 Coupe + current Q50 elements, albeit stylized for a more dramatic effect for this coupe.

AlphaSnake

...yeah, and it has the 'meh' RC-F drivetrain.

Fail. Should've made it a supercharged 5.0 V8.

Yeah, but chances are it isn't going to compete against the M5 in price. It'll cost about 12K more than a standard GS350. So it's squaring up against the Q70 5.6L, S6 and 550i. If Lexus decides to charge anywhere over $72K for this car, they're morons.

AlphaSnake

Kinda like this. Look at the rear from the C-pillar and the sweeping roofline

Oh, the pillar and belt lines.

Well, to be fair a lot of cars use a steep and fast line like that. It's hardly a trait of any one car. If anything, Jaguar and Aston Martin perfected that look and the rest copied.

Momentary

Banned
I really hope the rumor of Ford showing unveiling the next GT at the Detroit Auto Show is true. I definitely have no hope for BMW/Toyota's next project getting unveiled. Maybe that's something better suited for the next Tokyo Auto Show. Doesn't it hit this year? I know it's biannual. A real treat would be if Jaguar were to show of a F-Type R-S GT. That would be boss.

Mohonky

Yeah, but chances are it isn't going to compete against the M5 in price. It'll cost about 12K more than a standard GS350. So it's squaring up against the Q70 5.6L, S6 and 550i. If Lexus decides to charge anywhere over $72K for this car, they're morons.

Pfft, cars in America are so fucking cheap it's ridiculous.

The RCF is already $130k in Australia, so this will probably be considerable more in Australia than what you guys pay for a BMW M5.

Actually I just looked it up, $230k for an M5 in Aus, $90k in the US. Work that out.

AlphaSnake

The RCF is already $130k in Australia, so this will probably be considerable more in Australia than what you guys pay for a BMW M5.

Actually I just looked it up, $230k for an M5 in Aus, $90k in the US. Work that out.

That's crazy.

What is the minimum wage there and average annual salary?

Mohonky

That's crazy.

What is the minimum wage there and average annual salary?

Not enough to justify that kind of price hike lol.

Its long being known we pay extraordinary prices on cars. Remember your Pontiac G8 GT? Basically a Holden Monaro. It was made here, exported to the US and it was still cheaper to buy in the US than it was here. Yes you read that right, a car built in Aus and exported to the US was sold cheaper over there than what it could be had for here locally.

To my knowledge Porsche 911's start at sub $80k in the US, here they are start at $230k.

Whenever I come into these threads (and I made a post about it a few pages back) I wonder how the fuck so many people have these expensive sports cars. It is true Americans do tend to spend more of their income on cars than say, we do in Aus, but its also a little skewed because when I see some of the sports cars etc being posted I think Australian prices, but when you think about what the car costs in the US you kind of think oh actually thats probably not that ridiculous considering what that vehicle is worth over there.

I think one of the best ones I saw was Rolls Royce. $370k in the US, $1 million + here lol.

GHG

So I just read on C&D that the new ATS-V will have a twin turbo V6 instead of a V8...

The V8 is going the way of the dinosaur it seems.

Arucardo

an M4 is 160k eur in Finland (Denmark is even worse), so that's 235k AUD and 190k or so USD :(

EDIT: looked in to it, it's "only" 130k eur here but 200k eur in Denmark, lol.

Mohonky

Huh, thats some heavy pricing. M3 here is a bit of $130k, M4 starts a bit over $140. Wonder why the M4 is so cheap, thought they would be a bigger difference.

Haha fucking hell, the US price for an M4 is $65k. Only just marginally more expensive than say, a Subaru STi, and less than a Mitsubishi Evo which is abit of $70k.

Smokey

Huh, thats some heavy pricing. M3 here is a bit of $130k, M4 starts a bit over $140. Wonder why the M4 is so cheap, thought they would be a bigger difference.

Haha fucking hell, the US price for an M4 is $65k. Only just marginally more expensive than say, a Subaru STi, and less than a Mitsubishi Evo which is abit of $70k.

Time to move from Aus breh

AlphaSnake

So I just read on C&D that the new ATS-V will have a twin turbo V6 instead of a V8...

How so? The CTS-V gets the Supercharged V8. The ATS getting a turbo V8 would eat into the sales of the CTS-V. Everyone always knew it was going to get the TT V6 from the CTS-V Sport.

Momentary

Banned

You mean V8 in general? I dont know. The M4 sure dropped their V8 but the next Genesis Coupe is bringing a V8 to the game from what rumors say. They've droppedal the 4 cylinder from their lineup. But I have a feeling Toyota and BMW's next joint car will probably be V6. All the muscle and higher end sports cars still have trims with V8s.

TylerD

Next weekend i'm making another ski trip to Telluride with my Conti DWS. Thought about picking up some used wheels and getting snow tires but with the two to three trips I plan on making per year, I think these will be just fine for me as long as I'm careful and they are still above the S wear indicator.

We had some snow recently and I was able to do some car control practice and I'm still impressed as hell with these tires. The state of CO does a great job on the main access roads too.

Edit: AND if I do have trouble I will have some kitty litter, a shovel, and some rubber mats. I will not act like this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuTXUcoGdhw

ascii42

How so? The CTS-V gets the Supercharged V8. The ATS getting a turbo V8 would eat into the sales of the CTS-V. Everyone always knew it was going to get the TT V6 from the CTS-V Sport.

They could have gone with an LT1, conceivably. That produces basically the same amount of power as the TTV6. But yeah, TTV6 was expected.

We had some snow recently and I was able to do some car control practice and I'm still impressed as hell with these tires. The state of CO does a great job on the main access roads too.

Edit: AND if I do have trouble I will have some kitty litter, a shovel, and some rubber mats. I will not act like this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuTXUcoGdhw

No snow in my part of the world but always been apprehensive if I ever had to drive on it. I at least know as much as to not do what that guy in the video was doing though haha. Curious though, what are the rubber mats for? I've heard of kitty litter being used tho.

TylerD

No snow in my part of the world but always been apprehensive if I ever had to drive on it. I at least know as much as to not do what that guy in the video was doing though haha. Curious though, what are the rubber mats for? I've heard of kitty litter being used tho.

Getting traction if needed. I don't have these particular ones but I do have some 2ft by 2ft rubber floor squares that should be just fine if needed.

The Conti ExtremeContact DWS are still the best winter option for a ultra high perf all-season

co_xtrcontactdws_ci2_l.jpg

Just look at that siping!

Top Bottom