• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The only thing I dont like is that you have to get leather with the LTZ trim, and that trim also has parallel park assist, lane departure warning, and wireless cellphone charging.

Lizardus

FORD GT - Twin Turbo Ecoboost V6 damn, DCT

vjv2vi1oqg9ibjyprwlc.png

Mustang GT350R

au2tuudb17pmmq1ecemv.png

I still can't get my head around the the economic benefits of a plug-in hybrid like the Chevy Volt.

lol. The $30,000 Bolt price tag is after a $7,500 federal tax incentive.

Evo X

Okay, the Ford GT looks amazing, but the purist in me isn't liking the V6 at all. Even if it does make 600 hp.

Come_at_me_bro.jpg

Agreed completely. Not too keen on the rear end at the moment, but love the way it looks overall.

Really wish they would have went with a TT V8 like the McLaren 12C though. V6s sound so lame, more like appliances than supercar motors. Look at the GTR for example.

1075062381330651205.png

EGOMON

ugh come on ford a V6 for the new GT! oh well at least it looks nice except for the exhaust pipes location they are distracting being put that high

ascii42

I still can't get my head around the the economic benefits of a plug-in hybrid like the Chevy Volt.

lol. The $30,000 Bolt price tag is after a $7,500 federal tax incentive.

Yeah, if I do get a Volt, it's certainly not to save money, but rather because I like the car.

FORD GT - Twin Turbo Ecoboost V6 damn, DCT

vjv2vi1oqg9ibjyprwlc.png

Mustang GT350R

au2tuudb17pmmq1ecemv.png

Hmmm... I wonder if we'll get one in the showroom. No doubt this sucker will cost more than the 50th anniversary. Not sure how many people would come to Jamaica for a super car.

ugh come on ford a V6 for the new GT! oh well at least it looks nice except for the exhaust pipes location they are distracting being put that high

A V6 ECOBOOST has as much power as a V8. At least that's what Ford always tells me. I never drive these things, so I don't know how true it is. They've been saying it for years.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Dat GT. Mah gawd.

Surprised by the V6 choice, but I'm excited to see the results.

New NSX - TT V6 with three electric motor with 9-spd DCT.

dqgicywofrhpmnrxzfsn.jpg

Meh.

If the Ford GT wasn't announced today I might've been excited, but as it is... the NSX seriously just got overshadowed by the GT.

And if rumors of that mid-engined Corvette are true, then yeah... Acura might wanna re-reveal the NSX in Detroit or maybe in LA.

TylerD

Where would the mid-engined Vette fit in? I recall Chevy speaking about turning Corvette into it's own brand and I assume that the M.E. Vette would slot above the current Stingray, Z06, future ZR-1. Or is the new ZR-1 going to be mid-engined?

Its not rumor.

I was actually talking about it as if it was gonna be announced tomorrow but I forgot GM had their thing this morning. And for some reason I keep thinking that the NAIAS is at Chicago not Detroit lol.

Anyway, yeah I have seen that mule but I'm more inclined to believe that the mule is the next El Camino not a Vette. Holden badges up front with the front fascia of a Commodore and a truck like rear?

Here's a 2014 Holden Commodore Ute for reference:

Both the mule and the Ute are quite similar imo.

cajunator

Banned
I was actually talking about it as if it was gonna be announced tomorrow but I forgot GM had their thing this morning. And for some reason I keep thinking that the NAIAS is at Chicago not Detroit lol.

Anyway, yeah I have seen that mule but I'm more inclined to believe that the mule is the next El Camino not a Vette. Holden badges up front with the front fascia of a Commodore and a truck like rear?

Its not a Holden.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

The problem is that it's actually riding on a Corvette chassis, as evidenced by the Corvette windshield rake, A-pillar, B-pillar, and Corvette roof, which are all structural components that can't be swapped or removed from a chassis.

EGOMON

Hmmm... I wonder if we'll get one in the showroom. No doubt this sucker will cost more than the 50th anniversary. Not sure how many people would come to Jamaica for a super car.

A V6 ECOBOOST has as much power as a V8. At least that's what Ford always tells me. I never drive these things, so I don't know how true it is. They've been saying it for years.
Maybe but FGT is a freakin super car it needs a big engine with thundering sound a V6 is so lame also a V8 with turbo is a better option see the Venom GT, the Agera R and the P1

Maybe but FGT is a freakin super car it needs a big engine with thundering sound a V6 is so lame also a V8 with turbo is a better option see the Venom GT, the Agera R and the P1

They chose that engine for the racing series they plan on running in. I'm not excited about the V6 either, but I'll wait to hear how it sounds before final verdict. V8s aren't exotic engines either (unless they're flat-plane).

Bandit1

V6s are perfectly viable supercar engines, see Jaguar XJ220 and
Nissan GT-R

Sure, but they're just not perfectly viable
Ford
supercar engines. Okay I guess they could be, or will be, but Ford is renowned for their V8s. The flathead, the 289, the 427 Cammer, the Boss engines. The decision is quite baffling to me. This would have been the perfect opportunity to announce the first-ever Ford Ecoboost V8. Especially considering the rumors of the mid engined Corvette, which will surely make more power than the 650 hp in the Z06.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Sure, but they're just not perfectly viable
Ford
supercar engines. Okay I guess they could be, or will be, but Ford is renowned for their V8s. The flathead, the 289, the 427 Cammer, the Boss engines. The decision is quite baffling to me. This would have been the perfect opportunity to announce the first-ever Ford Ecoboost V8. Especially considering the rumors of the mid engined Corvette, which will surely make more power than the 650 hp in the Z06.

Ford's new V6's are actually very good. I'm happy to see them put so much trust in the platform.

Halvie

Banned
Sure it is too early to as...

Shouldn't expect anything new on a 2016 Mustang GT other than the revamped multimedia interface, right?

Top Bottom