• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/07/despite-de-nysschen-saying-it-won-t-cadillac-cuts-struggling-ct/

Oh, Johan, you dimwitted simpleton. This should've happened sooner, not later. Good job on letting others take more market share away, moron.

I see perfectly fine from where I'm sitting.

ymYLcY0.jpg

LMAO well that explains why you think an Infiniti looks like a Fusion.

They're practically engraved into your eyeballs.

LMAO well that explains why you think an Infiniti looks like a Fusion.

They're practically engraved into your eyeballs.

I did mean to say Mustang, but like you said, the Fusion is in my face all day; which I think the Mustang also resembles.

e1sOhFf.jpg

That's the 50th anniversary car. Only 1964 of them in the world I believe.

AlphaSnake

I did mean to say Mustang, but like you said, the Fusion is in my face all day; which I think the Mustang also resembles.

e1sOhFf.jpg

That's the 50th anniversary car. Only 1964 of them in the world I believe.

How big is your dealership that you were given one? Where is it located?

Find me a Ford GT

How big is your dealership that you were given one? Where is it located?

Find me a Ford GT

We're in New York. We have a Mustang GT. We just pulled it off the floor today for a test drive for a customer. I'm the tech for Ford so I don't know much about the sales stuff. What kind of GT are you looking for?

AlphaSnake

We're in New York. We have a Mustang GT. We just pulled it off the floor today for a test drive for a customer. I'm the tech for Ford so I don't know much about the sales stuff. What kind of GT are you looking for?

Ahh, you're a tech. Which major dealer in NY? Manhattan or Great Neck? It doesn't look like Manhattan Ford, though.

And I was literally talking about THE Ford GT (2005-2006). :p

The value on those cars has SKYROCKETED.

Momentary

Banned
Ahh, you're a tech. Which major dealer in NY? Manhattan or Great Neck? It doesn't look like Manhattan Ford, though.

Ford might be making a huge announcement on that in the coming days.

Manhattan Ford closed down. We heard their General Manager was taken away by the police. Something about fraud or something. Not sure, that's what I heard.

We're in Queens. No, we don't have older cars. We have a used cars department, but not sure what they have there. I can ask them.

We have a 1960 (something) Mustang and a 1960 (something) Lincoln Continental with suicide doors sitting in the lot.

AlphaSnake

Manhattan Ford closed down. We heard their General Manager was taken away by the police. Something about fraud or something. Not sure, that's what I heard.

We're in Queens. No, we don't have older cars. We have a used cars department, but not sure what they have there. I can ask them.

We have a 1960 (something) Mustang and a 1960 (something) Lincoln Continental with suicide doors sitting in the lot.

Wow!? Seriously? I knew that the Volvo dealer closed inside the same building, but I had no idea Ford went, as well. So does that mean Jaguar and Land Rover Manhattan is gone too?!

Holy shit, I need to know more details.

Wow!? Seriously? I knew that the Volvo dealer closed inside the same building, but I had no idea Ford went, as well. So does that mean Jaguar and Land Rover Manhattan is gone too?!

Holy shit, I need to know more details.

I told you everything I know. Sounds like you're from the area. Di Blasi Ford at Northern Blvd also closed, but that's because the owner was thinking of leaving the business anyway. We're now the Ford dealership in Queens. Even before then, we had a pretty good reputation. We get tons of F150 Raptors to sell every year. We also had 3 or 4 Shelby Cobra Mustangs for 2013.

Oh you know the Jim Carrey SNL Lincoln MKC skit? That car is to the left of me. We leaned SNL our MKC.

AlphaSnake

I told you everything I know. Sounds like you're from the area. Di Blasi Ford at Northern Blvd also closed, but that's because the owner was thinking of leaving the business anyway. We're now the Ford dealership in Queens. Even before then, we had a pretty good reputation. We get tons of F150 Raptors to sell every year. We also had 3 or 4 Shelby Cobra Mustangs for 2013.

Oh you know the Jim Carrey SNL Lincoln MKC skit? That car is to the left of me. We leaned SNL our MKC.

LOL that's awesome.

That's a hell of a shakedown, though in Manhattan. I bought my Jaguar there. And my mom got her Volvo S60 there. My Google search shows that Ford and Lincoln are gone. Volvo too. And it seems like the whole building is Jaguar-Land Rover of Manhattan.

And yeah, I grew up in Queens. Moved to Florida about 2 years ago. Enjoying life down here :)

GHG

How so? The CTS-V gets the Supercharged V8. The ATS getting a turbo V8 would eat into the sales of the CTS-V. Everyone always knew it was going to get the TT V6 from the CTS-V Sport.

Ah, so it wont replace the CTS-V then?

I was under the impression that the ATS series was a replacement for the CTS series for some reason.

Maybe because the CTS coupe has actually been discontinued here in Dubai.

AlphaSnake

Ah, so it wont replace the CTS-V then?

I was under the impression that the ATS series was a replacement for the CTS series for some reason.

Maybe because the CTS coupe has actually been discontinued here in Dubai.

You don't have the new CTS sedan in Dubai? The ATS is much smaller than the CTS. The ATS is a 3-series competitor. The CTS is a 5-series competitor.

AlphaSnake

I should get suicide doors for my BRZ. Will that add torque?

aN3qvMe.jpg

Wait, what. Lambo doors != Suicide doors ?

Suicide doors are what you see on Rolls Royces. The doors both open from the B pillar (much like refrigerator doors).

Lamborghini uses what's called a scissor door.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
All depends on what the range will be with the Model 3.

Personally I'm happy to see competition in the space. Especially from a company known for having nearly zero innovation.

Momentary

Banned
Are they having problems pushing RCs? The video really does make them sound desperate. But nowhere near as desperate as Maserati dealerships are getting with their GTs. You could probably walk away with a brand new GT MC $20,000 under MSRP. Especially if you start pointing them to the F-Type. And when they start touting it's priced for exclusivity, just walk away.

Going back to the RC-F. I wonder if you could kind of talk them down a bit on the MSRP.

Ty4on

Are they serious with those touch sensitive controls for everything, including hvac? What if it's cold and I'm wearing gloves, what's wrong with a fucking knob?
Behold, PSA's (Peugeot and Citroën) brilliant new head unit.
DSC_0384.jpg

That's the only way you can operate it, no buttons on the wheel or anything. As you can also see it's impossible to operate the HVAC in the radio page and vice versa.

I hope this is just a fad (wouldn't be the first). Tesla's solution is a little better with permanant HVAC controls, but overall it's still way slower than buttons.

Smokey

That video should've never leaked. It's for training staff only. LOL.

It leaked and they decided to host it on their own YouTube channel? And they thought it would be a good idea?

And on the engine comparison, they said RC has a normally aspirated...did they mean naturally? The whole thing is a wreck lol

Momentary

Banned
Doesn't the 35, 37, q60 share the same powertrain as the Z models for that year? Could this be a hint to for the new Z yet to be announced?

AlphaSnake

It leaked and they decided to host it on their own YouTube channel? And they thought it would be a good idea?

And on the engine comparison, they said RC has a normally aspirated...did they mean naturally? The whole thing is a wreck lol

Lmao clown shoes.

Had a DFW Miata meet and cruise today... was ridiculously fun as hell and as you can see the turnout is amazing since it was hovering around 30F degrees all day today and most of us had summer tires on lol.

We hit up some ridiculously fun and tight twisties around the Texas Hill Country but kinda got held up since it started to rain pretty hard in areas.

Lizardus

Had a DFW Miata meet and cruise today... was ridiculously fun as hell and as you can see the turnout is amazing since it was hovering around 30F degrees all day today and most of us had summer tires on lol.

We hit up some ridiculously fun and tight twisties around the Texas Hill Country but kinda got held up since it started to rain pretty hard in areas.

All those smiling faces :D

ascii42

Top Bottom