• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

Flo_Evans

488 GTB detail pics:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1532918083639555.1073741832.1532732410324789&type=3

6z10ILi.jpg

I didn't like the rear aero at 1st but its growing on me... like a boner. in my pants.

These are going to be like $250k right? ugh. powerball it is.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
FStop7 spittin Tuesday fire brehs

Let him talk and cry about what a meanie I am. I asked him if he knows Ferrari's history or understand the car industry, and he turns it around as if I accused him of not knowing how to drive a car. LOL. Talk about feels.

I act like a dick when people just make random baseless, unrealistic statements without even considering the factors, company history, and standard industry protocol. But nah, 'Ferrari phoned it in to trick people into thinking it's a LaFerrari.'

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

mkenyon

Banned
Was this posted?

Dude is first to own all 3 halo cars: P1, 918, and LaFerarri ;_____________;

i just...,...

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Is this why you're taking a break from PC building Smokey? :p
And I actually don't believe you hate to sound like a dick... because if you did, you wouldn't constantly come across as being one. A condescending one, at that.
As a longtime lurker and rare poster in this thread, I am going to have to agree here. Alpha, you're toxic.

AlphaSnake

I love it. Reminds me of a Guigaro Aztec for a reason I can't quite put my finger on.

Yeah, there's something unusually nice about it. It's radically different than anything else in the segment. Better looking than the Avalon, Passat CC, or Hyundai Azera. Certainly better looking than a spec'd-up Accord and Camry.

But I know Nissan will fuck it up. Some sources suggest it'll have a new 3.0L V6 Turbo...but of course this is Nissan, which means it still has a CVT to spoil it all. And we don't want a CVT. How you can slap a "4DSC" moniker on a car and give it a CVT is beyond me.

There is one advantage to a CVT though a significant reduction in boost lag. Though it makes you wonder what kind of abuse a turbo goes through with a transmission that never "shifts" under WOT. Hmmm..

As a longtime lurker and rare poster in this thread, I am going to have to agree here. Alpha, you're toxic.

Meh.

No Love

Banned

I have to disagree. Alpha is a nice guy, he just has an overabundance of enthusiasm and it can come across aggressively. Not a big deal, really.

Evo X

What a great fucking day for car reveals!

Here it is folks, the Porsche Cayman GT4! Available ONLY in 6 speed manual transmission.

3.8 liter flat 6 making 385HP. Nurburgring time equivalent to the 997.2 GT3 at 7:40.

0-60 in 4.2s and top speed of 183mph. Sales start this July at a WAY lower than expected $84,600!

Will be calling my Porsche dealer first thing in the morning to get my order in. :D

landscape_nrm_1423004552-p15_0065.jpg

gallery_nrm_1423005494-p15_0064.jpg

gallery_nrm_1423005705-p15_0067.jpg

AlphaSnake

Man what a day for car enthusiasts!!!

GT4 revealed in-depth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGVWojMMeg4 (go to end to hear start up and some revs)

gt4.jpg

- Lots of parts from GT3
- 911S engine 385hp+
- 7:40 sec lap on the Ring
- $85k starting price

I'd rather have this than M4.

Here it is folks, the Porsche Cayman GT4! Available ONLY in 6 speed manual transmission.

3.8 liter flat 6 making 385HP. Nurburgring time equivalent to the 997.2 GT3 at 7:40.

0-60 in 4.2s and top speed of 183mph. Sales start this July at a WAY lower than expected $84,600!

Will be calling my Porsche dealer first thing in the morning to get my order in. :D

Umm...holy fuck. That's glorious. The 911 fanboys are going to hate Porsche for this, but this is probably the best sports car they're going to make by far. :O

I have to disagree. Alpha is a nice guy, he just has an overabundance of enthusiasm and it can come across aggressively. Not a big deal, really.

Aww, shucks. Stop it, you.

Smokey

Man what a day for car enthusiasts!!!

GT4 revealed in-depth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGVWojMMeg4 (go to end to hear start up and some revs)

gt4.jpg

- Lots of parts from GT3
- 911S engine 385hp+
- 7:40 sec lap on the Ring
- $85k starting price

I'd rather have this than M4.

goddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

#icant
afford this

Is this why you're taking a break from PC building Smokey? :p

No he's just a Knicks fan

ameratsu

Yeah, but those aren't Fords.

I hate the "oh I swear these interior parts are fancy, nevermind they'll break in 6 months" kind of chintzy look in modern Fords. It's all a facade that looks like it'll die in no time. The Impreza and Golf at least use higher quality materials, despite not being as flashy.

Fords, to me, are the same shitty cars they've always been, just covered up with cheap makeup that'll wash off in no time.

Hmm, my impression of fords made in the last 5 years is pretty good. I can definitely see what you're saying if we go back a bit further though. The last gen Focus had an atrocious interior.

Evo X

Just called my Porsche dealer. They aren't taking deposits yet as they don't have any allocation numbers. My sales guy put me down on a list and I told him to call me as soon as there was more concrete info. Told me it would probably be another month until Porsche officially reveals it at Geneva, puts up a configurator on their website, and gives dealers allocation.

Can't wait. Haven't been this excited in a long time. My hands are shaking right now. :D

Momentary

Banned
I never heard of the v12 Zagato until yesterday. Damn man. What a sexy car. It had such a nice rear end.

Ferrari makes the best looking engines to me. I'm more excited about seeing a Berlinetta replacement in 3 or so years.

Looks more aggressive, but it looks like American companies are still trying to hold on to that retro look a little while longer. I wonder when they are going to replace the Berlinetta.

The "beauty" shots are out after the SuperBowl commercial, and we can now confirm that the next Maxima is officially styling run amok just like the concept.

LINK

[ig]http://images.thecarconnection.com/hug/nissan-maxima_100499281_h.jpg[/img]

This looks like someone let loose some Samsung designers on Mazda 3 blueprints.

Smokey

Yeah, but I won't have to suffer the agony of a 1st round exit this year like you. :p

Every literal season is an exit for the Knicks by week 3

If I knew had to drive a manual and was into tracking (I want to get into it) I'd be all over that GT4 if I was in the market

shits hot

Reven

I just need to win the powerball, I would buy all 3 cars that were announced today. I'd say I'm more pleased with today than I was with NAIAS.

Can anybody spot me $50K?

I need it... for science of course.

Random note, this thing and the Focus RS got me more we...excited than that new Ferrari lol.

AlphaSnake

Did anyone watch the whole Evo interview with the GT4's engineer?

He said 385HP is a conservative estimate, even joked about it probably making 385HP at 10,000ft above sea level.

I would not be surprised if it's making the 400HP of the 991 S...or maybe even Power Kit numbers. I'm anxious to see someone dyno this.

So damn. I'm unreasonably excited about the GT4, even knowing I'd never buy one unless I became wildly wealthy and had extra room in an already expanding stable.

I think I'm just glad that it's a thing that's out there. Its presence makes the world a better place.

I act like a dick when people just make random baseless, unrealistic statements without even considering the factors, company history, and standard industry protocol. But nah, 'Ferrari phoned it in to trick people into thinking it's a LaFerrari.'

I was acting like a dick a few years back and someone suggested I read "How to Win Friends and Influence People." I didn't, for a long time, because I thought it would be mindless self-help bullhonkey. Curiosity eventually won me over and I read it. Does it have some salesman-ish talk in it? Sure. But it is full of advice on how to interact with people that feels obvious until you think back on how you've behaved in the past and realize just how badly you've blown it. Give it a look.

Evo X

So I just called a different Porsche dealer around here for the hell of it.

He told me the car is going to be extremely limited and the only people guaranteed allocation are customers who bought 918s. WTF MAN. :mad:

He told me the car is going to be extremely limited and the only people guaranteed allocation are customers who bought 918s. WTF MAN. :mad:

They've never made a whole lot of the GT models but I don't buy this story for one minute. Porsche isn't Ferrari, I think they'll sell if they have the buyers.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Better buy a 918 quick.

Did anyone watch the whole Evo interview with the GT4's engineer?

He said 385HP is a conservative estimate, even joked about it probably making 385HP at 10,000ft above sea level.

I would not be surprised if it's making the 400HP of the 991 S...or maybe even Power Kit numbers. I'm anxious to see someone dyno this.

I think I read it has the 991S engine.

AlphaSnake

So damn. I'm unreasonably excited about the GT4, even knowing I'd never buy one unless I became wildly wealthy and had extra room in an already expanding stable.

I think I'm just glad that it's a thing that's out there. Its presence makes the world a better place.

I was acting like a dick a few years back and someone suggested I read "How to Win Friends and Influence People." I didn't, for a long time, because I thought it would be mindless self-help bullhonkey. Curiosity eventually won me over and I read it. Does it have some salesman-ish talk in it? Sure. But it is full of advice on how to interact with people that feels obvious until you think back on how you've behaved in the past and realize just how badly you've blown it. Give it a look.

LOL. Believe me, I have no shortage of friends that I go out with and talk to everyday. Never have growing up. I'm also extremely good at making new friends. If somebody's getting cranky over someone else on the internet (on a videogame forum, no less) there's a whole cluster of issues that need to be worked on with that person. It's why I don't care if someone calls me toxic.

:)

AlphaSnake

I think I read it has the 991S engine.

Yeah, it is the same motor. But allegedly de-tuned. They also had to make a custom intake and some fab work to make it fit in the Cayman. But I'm highly suspicious about its power delivery now.

Jackson

let me hold that GTS breh

how much you want

Only 2,500 miles on my car breh! :p It's basically brand new! You can have it cheap! GAF discount... no prob!

I might actually trade up... but I bought the GTS to save up for something else in a couple years instead of blowing my budget on an R8 or something which I was lukewarm on. But if I trade up, it means I'm only delaying that future car (488....... *drool*) I txt'd my dealer see to see what's up.

Jackson

That guy's an idiot. Just go to a different dealer lol.

Jackson

Perfect.

No allocations yet, of course. Local dealership took my $5k to get on the list.

My guy said $2k refundable. If it's refundable... then... done! He said gotta wait until configuration to put an actual order in with Porsche though. I dunno... i'll have to think about this.................................................................................................................... darn it! :p

i prefer the styling of the older RS. no buyers remorse on the evo x just yet...

I kind of want to see if the Civic Type-R makes it over here and if it does how they compare. I know the Civic will be FWD with around 290+ HP I believe. That's going to be interesting I guess.

Edit: man GAF has some well to do individuals...talking about dropping deposits on 85k cars like it's nothing :). Here I am talking about Hondas and Fords LOL. Oh well I'm only 23. One day.

Top Bottom