• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since people are posting their lists of stuff they're checking out, I guess I'll post mine again. Also because it'll be more helpful to people who don't know what's coming out than the OP.

The only thing I'd add is that I'm also interested in Brave Beats, because it's the successor to Tribe Cool Crew, which is cool.

I hope the composers return. lol song ought to be used as a dance mix I hope bjt I also want as varied tracks as TriCool had. Anything for Maximum Moves.

jman2050

I'm sure Undertale will be AOTS this season too.

But seriously though, I'm ready for some more Ararararararagi-san shenanigans.

Narag

So uh how long have we had a mascot

yul2seu.jpg

Sterok

Go Princess Precure 34

I get that Kirara is too busy for random contests, but couldn't they have sent up their actual princess? It's not like Towa has done much lately. Shut gives the best advice. More nice Haruka/Kirara bonding. Kirara is still the best. Next episode, I suspect they found a way to make Kanata even more boring.

VRMN

Still have one show to finish up, but this isn't going to change, I don't think:

Summer Wrap Up:

Great:
Non Non Biyori Repeat (9) - Fantastic front to back; just a joy to watch. I just absolutely love this series; one of the best things about anime these past couple years.
Wagnaria!!3 (9) - Still very funny, plus actual progression and near-conclusion of its plot. Looking forward to Lord of the Takanashi.

Good:
Durarara!!x2 Ten (8) - Wasn't really feeling the first cour of x2, but this one got back into gear. Now I just have to wait another three months to see what the hell was going on at the end...
Prison School (8) - Started out slow, but the last 2/3rds were so good it made up for it. So ridiculous, but with a real sense of tension at several points. Pretty impressive.
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan (8) - Odd number of episodes landed this here, but I really liked this show. I liked seeing the characters in different positions and Yuki able to act on her feelings, but more than that, Ryouko just killed it (heh).
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma (8) - Somewhat predictable and I don't really like where it ended, though I'm sure it'll get a second season, but very good nonetheless.
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz! (8) - Yeah, the SOL stuff went on a little long, but I enjoyed it and the last half of the series was excellent. Looking forward to 3rei's adaptation.
Go! Princess Precure (INC) - I don't have a ton of Precure experience, but I am enjoying this one, shocking even myself, and at this point it's not even just Miyukichi carrying it.
Snow White with the Red Hair (7) - Kind of by the books, but Shirayuki was such a strong lead that I forgave a lot of the cookie cutter parts. That and I liked that she wasn't just head over heels for the guy; it made their relationship feel much more natural.
My Love Story!! (7) - Same deal; a lot of this was very predictable and most of the drama was minimized, but the couple was very sweet and I do like Takeo a lot as a character to watch grow.

Meh:
Himouto! Umaru-chan (6) - Had its moments, but by and large I felt Umaru's cuteness in the manga wasn't quite captured here. She took a while to grow on me here, even as a manga reader. Not bad, but not as good as the source material.
Actually, I Am (6) - Same deal. I love the manga and the anime did some smart things in adapting the series, but it didn't work as well without the original format.
School-Live! (6) - I wanted to like this show more, but it just didn't nail the psychological aspects as well as I think it should have...and yeah, the ending was kind of weak with how they magic'd Yuki where she needed to be...I liked it, but it should have been great.
Shimoneta (6) - Smarter than a lot of shows with more sexually charged content, but it took forever to get going and Anna was the only consistently hilarious character.
Dragon Ball Super (INC) - I have been really underwhelmed by this so far. I hope it gets better when it gets to new content, but it just doesn't feel crisp right now.
Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls (5) - Rach-nee was great and I enjoy Miia, but this was never more than a guilty pleasure in manga form and it's no better here. The guy is just your typical perfect guy everyone falls in love with, so it's up to the girls, who largely deliver, but it's shallow as hell, just like...
To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd (5) - I liked the first season for trying to mix in a plot, but it kind of took a backseat here for more episodic content and is now rushing through what little plot it has. Disappointing even if I'm sure the fanservice is still there for Blu-ray buyers in Japan.

Bad:
Charlotte (4) - Oh good lord was this a train wreck. I think this had a lot of solid ideas and some interesting characters, but the show is in the execution and what this didn't rush, it flubbed. It somehow managed to take too long to really get going and then shoved what probably should have been 12 episodes into the last 22 minutes. I mean, wow.
Wakaba Girl (4) - I didn't really take to any of the characters and found much of the comedy to be lacking. It was never painful to watch, but a comedy that never makes you laugh is pretty sad.
My Wife is the Student Council President! (3) - I liked Ayachi enough as Ui to keep watching, but wow this was bad any time she wasn't on camera. The guy was insufferable, the other girl was annoying...no one else even left an impression.
Sailor Moon Crystal (3) - I can't believe this got greenlit for another arc. This has done a lot to make me appreciate the original anime for improving on what was just a bad, bad story.

Held for Later:
GATE (held at ep. 8) - good, not great; stopped making time for it, will finish
Gangsta. (held after ep. 6) - loved it, though I'm hearing the ending might make it better to just drop this and grab the manga
Rokka (held for marathon)
Seiyuu's Life (held for marathon)
Castle Town Dandelion (held for marathon)

Dropped:
Classroom Crisis (dropped after ep. 4) - This was...why did this have to be set in a classroom? Nothing I've heard since makes me want to go back and try again.
Aoharu x Machinegun (dropped after ep. 1) - the premise did nothing for me, but I wanted to watch it for the actress...then it underwhelmed even my tepid expectations. I hear I did the right thing.

Overall
A solid season with a lot of good things to watch; some duds, but very few things I didn't see as at least enjoyable enough to watch to the end, either now or at some point in the future. With fall looking to be higher on quality, but lower on quantity for me; I think I'll get those holds in pretty short order. My list for fall, in relative order of interest/anticipation:

Lupin the Third (lock; franchise)
Noragami ARAGOTO (lock; sequel)
The Perfect Insider (trial; premise, staff)
Beautiful Bones -Sakurako's Investigation- (trial; premise, cast)
One-Punch Man (trial; source material reputation)
Kowabon (trial; premise)
Yuru Yuri San☆Hai! (lock; sequel)
Is the Order a Rabbit?? (lock; sequel)
Go! Princess Precure (continuation)
Komori-san Can't Decline! (trial; source material author)
Dragon Ball Super (continuation)
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni “Shomin Sample” Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken (trial; source material)
Hidan no Aria AA (trial; studio) - even though the original series was garbage, I hear this is supposed to be an intentional comedy
Comet Lucifer (trial; premise, studio)

Zolf

As a Gundam fan I'm not expecting anything from Iron Blooded Orphans. And by "not expecting anything", I mean I expect weak characterization, overly dramatized nonsensical garbage writing and mediocre (at best) animation but yet secretly think that it might possibly, maybe, hopefully be not terrible.

But it will most likely be terrible.
HOPE

Hopefully more people at least give Young Black Jack a shot as well as Osomatsu-san.

I mean right now it seems like people are mostly going to watch Noragami, OnePunch Man, and Monogatari. And while that's nice it would be great if people gave other lesser hyped series a try.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Great op!
Durarara 2nd end
Well, there it is. The beginning of an end. Mikado going insane, izaya getting kidnapped, dollars gathering at celty jouse, shizuo getting arrested. Lot of stuff happening here.

Wow this OT, great!

Praying for Concrete Revolutio to be good, also hoping that Owarimonogatari and Haikyuu deliver on the previous season.

Hopefully more people at least give Young Black Jack a shot as well as Osomatsu-san.

I mean right now it seems like people are mostly going to watch Noragami, OnePunch Man, and Monogatari. And while that's nice it would be great if people gave other lesser hyped series a try.

I always feel like the "lesser hyped" series get a fair shot here as long as they're enjoyable, lots of people started Shimoneta just because people were enjoying that show.

Chindogg

Hello,

I tend to talk mostly in the gaming forums, but I'm in a bit of indecision here. I don't follow a whole lot of manga and only recently did I burn through a lot of summer content, enjoying a lot more than I usually do. Unfortunately most of those series are on hiatus or done for a while so I'm looking to the fall to find ample replacements. I was wondering if you guys could provide some suggestions.

This is what I've been watching/reading and enjoyed to some degree:

One Piece
Fairy Tail (don't judge me)
Monster Musume (guilty pleasure)
Himouto Umaru-chan
Blood Battle Blockade
Shokugeki no Souma
Prison School
Charlotte
Gangsta
Overlord
Gate

I'm considering One Punch Man and Lance N' Masques but is there anything you guys could suggest that I'm missing out on this fall?

Hello,

I tend to talk mostly in the gaming forums, but I'm in a bit of indecision here. I don't follow a whole lot of manga and only recently did I burn through a lot of summer content, enjoying a lot more than I usually do. Unfortunately most of those series are on hiatus or done for a while so I'm looking to the fall to find ample replacements. I was wondering if you guys could provide some suggestions.
I'm considering One Punch Man and Lance N' Masques but is there anything you guys could suggest that I'm missing out on this fall?

Oh hey, just looking at that list you seem to like almost everything, there's a bunch of shows coming up that look good/interesting but we don't know if they're actually going to deliver, you could just check out the first episodes for each shows or look in here/other places to see if the shows actually deliver.

From the top of my head
- Comet Lucifer
- Concrete Revolutio
- Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
- Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider
- Valkrie Drive (( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))
- Heavy Object(?)
- Osomatsu-san

Like I said, just check out whatever looks interesting, I probably missed a bunch.

If you have some spare time I'd also recommend you to check out the first season of Noragami(~13 episodes) or Haikyuu(~26 episodes).

I'd also recommend to check out if the Monogatari series is something for you, but there are a lot of episodes to watch before you're caught up

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Sailor Moon Crystal (3) - I can't believe this got greenlit for another arc. This has done a lot to make me appreciate the original anime for improving on what was just a bad, bad story.

Crystal makes it look bad. Episodes 1 and 2 (8 in case of the 1992 anime) of both adaptations is a beat for beat animation of the first and second chapters of the manga, but the differences are staggering. Let's not get into revisionism.

Kvik

Really looking forward to Young Black Jack, and One Punch-Man for sure. Probably will see Shomin Sample and Shingeki Kyojin Chuugakkou as well for the lulz since I followed the manga a little bit.

Also Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid is probably the Bikini Warriors for this season.

I just find out Comet Lucifer and Concrete Revolutio is last 2 hopes of new ip original shows of 2015(by sales).
Hope at least one of them is great show and sell a lot.

Victory Gundam 01-04

Time to stand up to the victory. Can't say I'm terribly fond of the disjointed placement of the first episode, but everything else is alright so far. Always nice seeing a Gundam protagonist freak out over their first kill.

Watching
Heavy Object
One-Punch Man
Ore ga Ojou-Sama
Owarimongatari
Yuru Yuri 3

Might Watch
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen
Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shouta
Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider
Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou
Comet Lucifer
Find out only you remember this show.
Come on guys, if the adaption is faithful, Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen will be great.

Pooya

Not paying attention to anime for some time now, damn that must be one of the worst Fall seasons in recent years, not even a single interesting show, I'm not saying good, no interesting premise even...

Watching...

nothing.

nice thread though.

Mendrox

Will watch for sure:

Owari no Seraph (will still be bad, but I need my Shounen)
One Punch Man
Noragami 2nd
Haikyuu 2nd

Hopefuly some good new things in there... Spring/Summer seemed better at the moment.

Jintor

whelp a whole bunch of users must have jumped onto my fibre-optic over the summer or some shit because now after 7 it dips to 10mb/s instead of 90. This didn't happen over the whole last year, so shit, I dunno.

Sölf

whelp a whole bunch of users must have jumped onto my fibre-optic over the summer or some shit because now after 7 it dips to 10mb/s instead of 90. This didn't happen over the whole last year, so shit, I dunno.

Oh no, my first world problems.

Give me some of that shit, I only have 2 mbs/sec. >=(

Jintor

Sölf;180243484 said:
Oh no, my first world problems.

Give me some of that shit, I only have 2 mbs/sec. >=(

hey listen dawg I came from AUSTRALIA a year or two ago. 50gig data caps for $60p/month.

Good news Charlotte fans!

It'll probably be the best selling anime of the summer!

So maybe you guys can look forward to part two if there's more story to tell!

Good news Charlotte fans!

It'll probably be the best selling anime of the summer!

So maybe you guys can look forward to part two if there's more story to tell!

Nah it won't, Symphogear GX and tomorrow's im@s G4U will pretty much blows Charlotte.
Still, Charlotte should sold even less than 2000.

I've only just finished it and for all its flaws and pretentiousness, Yuri Kuma Arashi was a damned fine show. Also it's probably the closest I've come to tearing up at an anime.

So I'm looking for some recommendations to something similar, as in a more psychological and dramatic take on the Yuri Genre as opposed to the standard Warm and Fuzzy Feeling cuteness.

As a Gundam fan I'm not expecting anything from Iron Blooded Orphans. And by "not expecting anything", I mean I expect weak characterization, overly dramatized nonsensical garbage writing and mediocre (at best) animation but yet secretly think that it might possibly, maybe, hopefully be not terrible.

But it will most likely be terrible.
HOPE

That sounds like a typical Gundam anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom