• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Occultic; Nine 4

I think I'm dropping this soon if it continues like that. It has some interesting aspects but it is all over the place.

pbayne

Tiger Mask W 5

I think i spied Tetsuya Naito and BUSHI's names on that list. If he and the rest of Los ingobernables show up this will be the anime of forever.

Honster Hunter 5

I like this Genie kid. There is a lot more to him rather than being the obvious straight up assholish antagonist you'd initially think he was gonna be. Show done a great job of setting up multiple threads between different characters so far and i can't wait to see the payoffs for them.

Danganronpa Mahou Shoujo 5

This is getting really great now. Lots of scheming, backstabbing, alliances all good stuff. Really loving the slow deliberate pacing too, just hope it has more than 11-12 episodes to fully deliver on that.
The fight was pretty cool as well. Fuck they were just straight up punching and kicking each other.

Poco's Udon World 4

This might be my favorite show this season, 20 minutes just fly by watching it. Despite its fantastical set-up, its actually super relatable with what the characters talk about.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
HEYBOT! 07

qEoWQut.jpg
Gurren Lagann reference? Heybot confirmed for bros
That's a Ashia no Joe reference. Don't be a silly billy.

Exalted

Gundam IBO S2 episode 5

Well this was probably the most political episode so far in S2, almost entirely focused on the situation On Earth and all the factions there. While it was interesting , gundam politics are not really my favourite thing. Almost no action in this episode ,but looks like things will really start in the next one.

Taruranto

Mademoiselle Bernard 1-4

This is the most design-by-committee anime ever, if that committee was me, narag, mumei, dresden, me and me.

If Bernard doesn't make a joke about Les Miserables at the of the show, it will have failed me.

It feels like it's the perfect target for her.

jgminto

Gundam Tekketsu S1 - Adults are evil

Gundam Tekketsu S2 - Adults are more eviler

The button-down, tie wearing, no nonsense adult outsider in the Earth Branch of Tekkadan turned out to be evil, I am so shocked by this turn of events that weren't immediately predictable from the first 30 seconds he was onscreen. This whole set up for the future episodes gives me a reeeeeally bad feeling in my gut, I don't see any way this won't be an annoying slog of obnoxious subterfuge for this entire arc. We may well be on the cusp of Gundam S2 Syndrome once again.

Gundam IBO 30

This politics episode got me all riled up...I hate that Radice guy so much! The Debris finally had true joy/pride here! I wanted to punch him all the damn episode! If he kills either Aston or Takaki...no no no no!

brawly

Haikyuu S2 | ep 2

I hate the interactions in this anime so much. Everything is so overdone it's unbearable most of the time. "I just embarrassed myself, let me get on my knees and apologize." So bad. None of it is funny either. This blonde girl embodies everything I hate about anime. She's too loud, socially inept and annoying right away. Same with Hinata when he's not serious.

Taruranto

Haikyuu S2 | ep 2

I hate the interactions in this anime so much. Everything is so overdone it's unbearable most of the time. "I just embarrassed myself, let me get on my knees and apologize." So bad. None of it is funny either. This blonde girl embodies everything I hate about anime. She's too loud, socially inept and annoying right away. Same with Hinata when he's not serious.

Well, honor and shame are huge parts of Japanese culture.

-Minsc-

Gundam IBO - 29

1) Heavy hitting mobile suit action is fun to watch. Who needs big energy beams when you have fisticuffs?

2) Don Orga. I can see Avilio knocking on his door down the road.

petran79

Banned
With Halloween coming up, anyone else planning to check out some horror anime? I'm going to check out Vampire Hunter D and possibly rewatch Blood: The Last Vampire.

Some others I fondly remember enjoying:

Corpse Party OVA
Petshop of Horrors
Vampire Princess Miyu OVA
H.P. Lovecraft no Dunwich Horror
Alien 9

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was thinking of watching, for the first time, the greatest anime horror of them all.

Warriors of the Wind

blurr

Iron Blooded Orphans S2 05

All it took was one guy to incite war and he didn't even have to take much risk.

I'm wondering why they didn't have surveillance to find out who planted it.

March comes in like a Lion 04

I like the contrast between Kiriyama's rather spacious flat which gives this lonely feeling and the sister's tiny house oozing with heartwarming vibes. Delightful whenever a scene takes place there compared to when a scene takes place in his flat which leaves me kind of dispirited.

Hinata's little drama over her being unable to give the bento box was touching. Kiriyama's flashback when he uttered the word "Love" was creepy to the say the least.

I get the feeling I like this show more than I should, still do not like how it fills moments of clear visual communication with monologues or exposition though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2, Episode 5:

So exactly why is this indecent leading to war and exactly with whom given that the braintrust has no fucking idea who planted the device in the first place.

Just T

Bubuki Buranki: 17

That was a pretty good episode, surprised how fast everyone was brought up to speed on Guy's planning, glad Kaoruko didn't go into denial or anything. Azuma and co accomplished their goal but did they really leave Kaoruko there in that condition, weird.

Sangatsu - 04

Kiryama's past intrigues me. I did enjoy the more subtle direction the show had on episode 1, but with 3 episodes of this style I think I've gotten used to it. I enjoy watching his interactions with the sisters.

javac

MCM Announcements (so far):
Anime Limited

8ZNouk3s.png

• Ace Attorney*
  • Assassination Classroom Season 2*
  • Dagashi Kashi
  • Evangelion 1.11: You Are (Not) Alone (Collectors Edition)*
  • Free! Iwatobi Swim Club*
  • Joker Game*
  • Kiss Him, Not Me*
  • March Comes in Like a Lion*
  • Mob Psycho 100*
  • Princess Arete*
  • Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers*
  • Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu*
  • Silver Spoon*
  • Tenchi GXP*
A Silent Voice receiving a limited theatrical run in the UK later this year.
Sword Art Online - Ordinal Scale receiving a limited theatrical run in the UK in March 2017.

MVM
h0DXniBs.jpg

• Girls und Panzer der Film & OVA (Blu-ray and DVD)
  • Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? (Blu-ray and DVD) - 2nd January 2017

Manga Entertainment
1cuN91l.jpg

• Bleach Season 16 (DVD)
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OVA Collection (Blu-ray and DVD Limited editions)
Ghost in the Shell receiving a limited theatrical run in the UK in January 2017

Animatsu Entertainment
KXpZzMPs.jpg

• A Certain Scientific Railgun S*
  • Beyond the Boundary Movie Double Pack (Blu-ray and DVD) - March 2017
  • Certain Magical Index II*
  • Flying Witch - 2017*
  • Gatchaman Crowds Insight - 2017*
  • Kiniro Mosaic & Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic (Blu-ray and DVD) - 2017

*Format to be decided.

Anime Limited releasing Rakugo, I can't stop crying T_T

Sterok

Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans S2 5

I always knew someone with the name Radice was evil. Everyone is making a mess of things, and Takaki is out of his league. Rustal wants to take out McGillis, but he's probably going to make things worse than McGillis would have by himself. Lovely situation.

DiGiKerot

MCM Announcements (so far):
Anime Limited

A Silent Voice receiving a limited theatrical run in the UK later this year.
Sword Art Online - Ordinal Scale receiving a limited theatrical run in the UK in March 2017.

Plus Dagashi Kashi. Also, stress on "limited" for Silent Voice. Sword Art will probably be pretty wide, but I wouldn't necessarily expect Silent Voice to hit some of the wilder provinces, even those which have taken Your Name.

Gundam IBO S2 Ep. 3-4

Awesome fights and episodes all around. New Gundam frames too, woo hoo!

I forgot but why is Mika's arm in a sling? And did something happen to Orgas right eye?

Ah damnit Crunchy is a week behind on this? Booo

Cornbread78

Magical Girl Raising Project ep.5
Damn, that battle with
Cranberry and Sister x Witherspoon
was pretty dope and it almost felt like it was scripted out of FMA with the alchemy-like magical effects. Her fighting powers look like they may be a liitle OP on the outside, but lets see how
La Pucelle
fares against her next week.

Also, anyone else laugh at the magical girl scene? It's a boy, it's a boy, lol.... man, the death scene when LaPucelle bites the bucket will be tough..

Plus Dagashi Kashi. Also, stress on "limited" for Silent Voice. Sword Art will probably be pretty wide, but I wouldn't necessarily expect Silent Voice to hit some of the wilder provinces, even those which have taken Your Name.

That surprises me a little, since I would think Silent Voice has a broader general appeal than SAO. But if they're concentrating on marketing specifically to anime fans and aren't going to try to reach out to family or arthouse audiences, I suppose it makes sense that they would devote more resources to the popular otaku franchise.

Gundam IBO S2 Ep. 3-4

Awesome fights and episodes all around. New Gundam frames too, woo hoo!

I forgot but why is Mika's arm in a sling? And did something happen to Orgas right eye?

Ah damnit Crunchy is a week behind on this? Booo

He's always had the tick of closing his right eye when he's thinking deeply. Maybe it has to do his the hair bang that is on top of it as well. Mika on the other hand, lost most of his sight and movement of his right arm when outside Barbatos. He
pushed his body over the limit on the finale of S1 with the help of his Alaya-Vijnana System.

blurr

My Highschool Romantic Comedy SNAFU too OVA

god damn did it feel good to hear this OP and ED again

Had little going but some great character animation and always nice to see the cast make a comeback. This is also pre-episode 8 so the interactions were not particularly intense.

D3RANG3D

I find her chemistry with Hachiman the best of the 3 girls. She's has S1 Yukino levels of chemistry with Hachiman, which can't be said about Yui and S2 Yukino. Plus, she pushes the love triangle forward, which was desperately needed in the 2nd season.

As for season 3, there's only one novel left apparently, which still hasn't been released (it's been over a year since the last novel released Watari, what the fuck). I could see the finale being either a series of OVAs or even a movie. A 3rd season would either go back and adapt previously skipped stuff in the side novels, be horribly paced, or have a bunch of anime exclusive material. All this is assuming that it's true and there is only one novel left.

I find her irritating exacerbated by the fact that she can't do anything on her own which was like most of season 2 was about.

Team Sai-chan.

He's always had the tick of closing his right eye when he's thinking deeply. Maybe it has to do his the hair bang that is on top of it as well. Mika on the other hand, lost most of his sight and movement of his right arm when outside Barbatos. He
pushed his body over the limit on the finale of S1 with the help of his Alaya-Vijnana System.

Ah ok.
Seems like he gets back full control over his body when he's in Barbatos because of Alaya-Vijnana. Definitely saw him use his right arm freely during his battles.

So the OP for this season is foreshadowing
Mika basically losing everything by pushing himself to his absolutely limit. Bummer :(

DiGiKerot

That surprises me a little, since I would think Silent Voice has a broader general appeal than SAO. But if they're concentrating on marketing specifically to anime fans and aren't going to try to reach out to family or arthouse audiences, I suppose it makes sense that they would devote more resources to the popular otaku franchise.

It's a combination of being anime and being effectively arthouse due to the nature of the content that's making it hard to push, I gather. They know it'll do well with anime fans, but convincing theaters that something that's both anime and minor-interest is worth devoting a screen to is hard. Also, because it's a standalone product, there's no long-term marketing benefits beyond ensuring that the main press-outlets centered around the capital have the chance to see it, so trying to spend extra to four-wall a few additional theaters isn't going to see a return. I gather the scale of plans they even have at the moment is largely thanks to the overwhelming positive feedback from the SLA screening(s), but there's only so much you can do whilst still breaking even. Basically, it just means that those locations which have traditionally done OK with one-off anime screens via Japan Foundation or whatever will take it, other places probably not so much.

Sword Art, on the other hand, does actually already have an audience beyond what would normally be considered the anime audience. It's basically sitting just below Attack on Titan in the tier below Dragonball - it's popular and well known and there's metrics to prove it.

(I should probably say, Silent Voice is really, really heavy at times. I appreciate why it'd be a hard sell. It definitely isn't normal family fare, even if it does have it's moments of levity)

Beyond the Boundary 3

Little sisters and glasses. Alrighty then. Anyway, good ep. I think it's pretty obvious how this hollow shadow thing will be defeated.
It'll possess half demon dude and be killed that way, and since he's apparently immortal, he won't die like the girl in the past?

Also, this anime is really pretty. I really like everything about it visually. The music is top notch as well.

Ah ok.
Seems like he gets back full control over his body when he's in Barbatos because of Alaya-Vijnana. Definitely saw him use his right arm freely during his battles.

So the OP for this season is foreshadowing
Mika basically losing everything by pushing himself to his absolutely limit. Bummer :(

That's what I see happening yes. Also, something brought up today to Kudelia that may also foreshadow Tekkadan's future
the whole conversation on the phone with Makanai, where he tells her not to take the shortest path to her goals since it'll bring her misery. That is exactly what Orga is doing this season.

Overall,
a bad ending for our characters pretty much, if we are to go by what is being shown to us and they aren't just red herrings.

Occultic;Nine 4

This show is finally getting focused. The first few episodes were such a mess. But now it is getting really interesting. I found a few things in this episode odd, and when I went to read the comments on the reddit thread, it really blew my mind that (big ep 4 spoilers)
a few people are missing their shadows. The woman reporter has no reflection (the other office guy did) and doesn't get spoken to by anyone in the office. Gamon didn't have a reflection in the TV last episode after meeting the demon, and he doesn't have a shadow this episode (he had one last episode before meeting the demon), and the glasses guy at the end doesn't have a shadow either. If these are dead, then Miyuu has the power to talk to dead people and it wouldn't really be a stretch that the big tits girl could too as well, though she's really weird in her own right and may be dead or an alien lol. Here's the reddit thread with all the picture evidence and stuff.
It should be really interesting to see where the show does from here.
Man this is some really cool stuff! I never noticed! It would change so many things! So basicaly
Yuta Gamon would have died on episode 3? Or at least he is like the new character for ep.4, devil guy.
I love it, even if it's pure speculation, this is so cool.

javac

Going to the Leeds International Film Festival so I'll see A Silent Voice there, but to be honest on the animation front I'm only going for The Red Turtle. I would never watch A Silent Voice otherwise, but I have the Animation Day Pass so why not.

Qurupeke

Beyond the Boundary 3

Little sisters and glasses. Alrighty then. Anyway, good ep. I think it's pretty obvious how this hollow shadow thing will be defeated.
It'll possess half demon dude and be killed that way, and since he's apparently immortal, he won't die like the girl in the past?

Also, this anime is really pretty. I really like everything about it visually. The music is top notch as well.

Glad you're enjoying it. And yeah, it's very pretty and I was really impressed by some of the action bits.

I can't wait to see your post for episode 6.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh cool, YuruYuri and Mitsudomoe are still not licensed.

Well at least I eventually got Kill Me Baby.

sonicmj1

The relative lack of physical intimacy in Nagisa and Tomoya's relationship was something that struck me while I was watching the show. But this post made me think about the issue again, and because of how childish Nagisa seems, I think even the most tasteful of implied sex scenes would have felt disturbing on some level.

Not sure exactly what that says about the show as a whole.

Nothing good, that much I can tell you. Half the female cast would likely be outsmarted by toddlers.

Beyond the Boundary 4

That was awesome. And dude's demon form was badass. Also, only 200 yen? That's pretty fucked up, considering. My little sister can't be this cute dude is about to make bank from killing a bunch of demon wolf scrubs, but deadman wonderchick can barely get enough for a decent meal after killing the nothing. How unfair is that?!

Thud

Dragon Ball Super 64

Trunks learning mafuba in minutes while Goku had to use a day. Also never go full Zamasu.

The preview shows that they don't have a solution yet, arc ain't over yet!

For all my fellow Canadians here
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-fe...-most-popular-fall-anime-by-provinceterritory

98c49e5a6a3bd6dcabc61817de365b12.jpg

Quebec as good tastes.

If anyone wants to post a bigger picture go ahead, Imgur just doesn't want to work for me.

Ontario - Haikyu!!
British Colombia - Haikyu!!
Quebec - Yuri!!! On ICE
Alberta - Haikyu!!
Manitoba - Drifters
New Brunswick - Haikyu!!
Nova Scotia - Izetta: The Last Witch
Prince Edward Island - Yuri!! On ICE
Saskatchewan - ALL OUT!!
Newfoundland and Labrador - Izetta: The Last Witch
Yukon Territory - Drifters
Northwest Territories - Gundam IBO