• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just T

Bubuki Buranki: 14

Getting used to Kaoruko but she can still get too annoying at points, it's obvious though that there is some inferiority issues going on there. What happened to Maxim's team is messed up and so is he, glad Azuma got that win in.

Taruranto

Urobuchi's attempts at any concept that is remotely philosophical or political are embarrassing. Gargantia is no different. Really has nothing to do with Murata.

But it still better than Psycho Pass "We have a character reading 1984, we are so smart".

Quasar

Pocos Udon World 4 - Another enjoyable episode. Liked Yashima....her voice actress sounds so familiar with this particular voice.

kewlmyc

My Teenage Romcom SNAFU Too (Oregairu) OVA

Fun seeing 10.5 animated. Iroha is such a fun character. What a cunning shrew.

zcvzaj0.jpg

D29qXr6.jpg

Also apparently Hachiman is a thigh and/or tights man.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
3-gatsu 04
DELETE lifetime movie talking cats. DELETE ntr allusions through the entire episode. DELETE ambiguous and uninformative sexual abuse flashbacks. DELETE this dumb show.

Taruranto

3-gatsu 04
DELETE lifetime movie talking cats. DELETE ntr allusions through the entire episode. DELETE ambiguous and uninformative sexual abuse flashbacks. DELETE this dumb show.

I'm still on episode 3, what the heck happens in episode 4, it sounds like a completely different series lol.

After Honey & Clover and these episodes of 3-gatsu, I wonder if the mangaka ever writes female characters that have agency and aren't defined by their relationships with men.

Just T

Bubuki Buranki: 15

Pissed off Kogane makes for some entertaining moments, got the full backstory on what happened to her father, smh messed up situation. Righty was putting some moves in too, it was really mad. Also Kaoruko is about to become a real problem and even more so when Azuma tells her what happened.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Euphonium S2 Ep. 4

Thank God this stupid arc is done with. Oboe girl has serious problems. This whole thing with her and Nozomi was so fucking dumb.

Sounds like high school band drama to me!

Eupho 4:
Teenagers resolve lack of communication problem by communicating zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Still more interesting than Hyouka!

Thud

Tiger Mask W5

Use a headbutt. Classic Tiger.

3gatsu4lions

This is the most manga like it's gonna get. Momo is the best.

3-gatsu 04

delete your thoughts, embrace your inner bodoro

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
3-gatsu 04
tumblr_inline_nce2o1bP0u1rbpimx.gif

Is Honey & Clover that bad? I haven't watched it in almost a decade, hesitant to revisit it.

The female lead of Honey and Clover being an 18 year old college freshman who looks and acts like she's 8 years old, with everyone around her treating that as normal, is a baffling decision that I've never been able to get comfortable with.

The female lead of Honey and Clover being an 18 year old college freshman who looks and acts like she's 8 years old, with everyone around her treating that as normal, is a baffling decision that I've never been able to get comfortable with.
Yeah, that aspect will definitely be harder to accept upon a rewatch.

Oh and love triangle bullshit also immediately comes to mind. Ugh.

Quasar

Going to admit I had to bail because of her. I'm really liking Lion though. I'd say it and Poco's Udon World are my favourite non-sequel shows this season on Crunchyroll.

It gets worse in season 2. Hagu is not just child physically, she's completely infantilized and treated as an object for men to protect. Her entire love plot centers around which man can take care of her best and is resolved with her choosing her father figure because he's a better provider. But all the women in the show are defined through their relationships to and dependencies on men, Hagu is just the most glaring example.

Is Honey & Clover that bad? I haven't watched it in almost a decade, hesitant to revisit it.
Its treatment of female characters is. Maybe you can get past that, I couldn't.

It gets worse in season 2. Hagu is not just child physically, she's completely infantilized and treated as an object for men to protect. Her entire love plot centers around which man can take care of her best and is resolved with her choosing her father figure because he's a better provider. But all the women in the show are defined through their relationships to and dependencies on men, Hagu is just the most glaring example.

Its treatment of female characters is. Maybe you can get past that, I couldn't.
:< My memories of the series are way fonder than it deserves, from the sound of it.

Narag

Tiger Mask W 5

Good ep exploring the paths each has chosen for revenge via the two battle royales. Naoto's forced to do what he can to draw the Yellow Devil out by his own successes against GWM while Takuma has to battle the internal meritocracy to find his foe. Good parallel is how each reacts to injuring their opponent. Naoto is hesitant and regretful after injuring Fukuwara Mask meanwhile Takuma went in for the kill after bloodying his opponent.

Haly

3gatsu 4:
Just waiting for Rei to fuck Akari's brains out.

Cornbread78

Izetta ep.5
There is something extremely satisfying about watching Izetta completely destroy armored units with loose swords. It is a shame
that her secret will get exposed and then exploited soon, as our little wimpy soldier will definately spill the beans to tbe enemy spy without knowing

Haly

Mademoiselle Bernard 1-4
This is the most design-by-committee anime ever, if that committee was me, narag, mumei, dresden, me and me.

Just T

Bubuki Buranki: 16

Yo wtf, that was brutal. Was not expecting that from this show at all.

On the other side of things got some nice info this ep.

Haikyuu S3 4

This really goes to show how much consistently dynamic animation helps sell me on sports (or anything, really, but sports in particular here). This episode had a lot of really interesting cuts, from flashy action to more subtle character motion. I really liked this sequence, which features some striking timing and unusual motion you don't see often, such as the sneaker bouncing. Jarmel said the other day that anime fails in comparison to live action when it comes to real world, non-fantastical settings, but I would say that shows such as Haikyuu and Great Passage demonstrate why I love watching animation even when it's "just" depicting realistic settings and actions.

Cornbread78

Nanbaka ep.4
Well, these inmate games are kinda fun to watch, with the mochi pounding match the funniest so far, but this card game has some potential, however, this has been a step-back in the laughs from the previous episodes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom