• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I can only assume you are talking about the extended cast rather than the core, because there's no way Miku is not top five there. She's the only one with a personality for starters.

That's what I see happening yes. Also, something brought up today to Kudelia that may also foreshadow Tekkadan's future
the whole conversation on the phone with Makanai, where he tells her not to take the shortest path to her goals since it'll bring her misery. That is exactly what Orga is doing this season.

Overall,
a bad ending for our characters pretty much, if we are to go by what is being shown to us and they aren't just red herrings.

Yeah I'm expecting that too.
Whenever I see characters talk about a happy future or their dreams, its basically a death flag.

I can only assume you are talking about the extended cast rather than the core, because there's no way Miku is not top five there. She's the only one with a personality for starters.
Sanae Katagiri
Yuki Himekawa
Airi Totoki
Kaede Takagaki
Anzu Futaba
Fumika Sagisawa
Miku Maekawa

And now the matter is closed for me.

Cornbread78

Wolf's Rain ep.25
259461427e6b3fe4c_w.jpg
Man, it's getting pretty heavy with
Kiba on his deathbed, since he obviously fell into Jangura's trap.
Iteresting that
Darcia
is suddenly back and destroying everyone. I thought he was dead...

Taruranto

Haikyuu S3 #4

Damn yo, this stuff looks good. I don't know what kind of wizardry Production I.G is employing for this, but they should let Mappa know.

Should be noted that episodes 1-10 of Super that Crunchy put up are apparently the blu-ray versions.

Nani!? Sugoi Dattebayo!!
Seriously that gives me a reason to really rewatch them. Thanks for the heads up.

Kiss Him, Not Me Episode 4:
I actually think this was the best episode so far. I'm still mixed on the series, but with the introduction of this new
girl
It sort of spices things up. Sort of. I still hate two of the guys a lot.

Long Riders! Episode 3:
Long Riders 3
Today we learned the importance of stretching and how to deal with a really bad leg cramp.

Pretty much. I think it's also getting a bit silly how unhelpful and informative her friends are. I mean, they're all experienced bikers and none think "hey, this new girl is crazy inept, maybe we should be super thorough in our instruction with her." I get that we're allowing her to encounter obstacles for the story but come on, My Biking Team Can't Possibly Be This Dense and Lacking Forethought.

Long Riders! Episode 3:

Pretty much. I think it's also getting a bit silly how unhelpful and informative her friends are. I mean, they're all experienced bikers and none think "hey, this new girl is crazy inept, maybe we should be super thorough in our instruction with her." I get that we're allowing her to encounter obstacles for the story but come on, My Biking Team Can't Possibly Be This Dense and Lacking Forethought.
I'm waiting for the episode where she gets a flat tire by herself and has to walk her bike a long distance and her friends are like "Oh yeah we always carry a tire repair kit!"

I'm a surface level idoru stan, which is why I was interested in CG without seeing the first Im@s season. The CG idols are more gimmicky and have gimmick outfits and stuff. I'll watch the 1st season at some point though.

Anastasia
Minami
Ranko
Rin
Mika, Kanade, Syuko, Shiki, Frederica. Guess my favorite unit
Fumika
Kaede
Mayu
Miku
Natsuki
Tokiko

Cornbread78

Wolf's Rain ep.26
That was awesome. It still doesn't explain much about what is going on in the story, but the action and presentation fron the framing/execution of each scene to the OST was awesone stuff.

I'm a surface level idoru stan, which is why I was interested in CG without seeing the first Im@s season. The CG idols are more gimmicky and have gimmick outfits and stuff. I'll watch the 1st season at some point though.

Anastasia
Minami
Ranko
Rin
Mika, Kanade, Syuko, Shiki, Frederica. Guess my favorite unit
Fumika
Kaede
Mayu
Miku
Natsuki
Tokiko
765pro has better characters IMO. CG has some really great designs but they're not as interesting. Still has some good dynamics and groups like Kirari/Anzu and Love Laika at least.

I do love Kaede though, she's my favorite by far from CG. Just... doesn't quite match up to Takane.

Poco's udon world 4

This show! The cuteness/emotional levels are so high that I can't help but cry...damn these show!

I don't know which scene I prefered the most! Did the scene were Souta and Poco count to three together make my heart melt more or was it the scene were Poco was all flustered to tell if he liked Souta or food more. Hummmmm, anyway!

Poco 4-my heart 0

Cornbread78

Mob Psycho ep.8
That fight between Mob and the
Claw thug
was pretty damn hype! Ecen in his psycho mode, he had a tough time with the goon. Aside from that, I got a good laugh at Seigan's spirit removal message, lol.

Yeah, I don't think claiming that for something to be slice of life it can't have any character development is very helpful. I've always thought of a term as a kind of fallback when you've got a relatively mundane story that people can't figure out any other genre to slot it into.

I've always thought of slice of life as being sort of a descriptor for a mostly episodic, daily life type shows without any real major goal the series is pursuing. So a show that mostly just focuses on the characters going about their lives rather than something like Euphonium where there's a real long term goal that everyone is working towards.

Although it's the sort of genre descriptor that winds up with a lot of borderline cases.

javac

Did a search and sorry if I'm mistake but it seems that nobody in this thread mentioned the awesome Metropolis Blu-ray that is coming out in the UK!

METROPOLIS
Release
:
Limited Edition Dual-Format SteelBook: January 16, 2017
Special Dual-Format edition: March 13, 2017
Run Time: 113 Mins
Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio / Japanese DTS-HD Master Audio
Price:
Special Dual-Format edition: £14.99
Limited Edition Dual-Format SteelBook: £19.99
Extras:
  • The Making of Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis - a documentary on the film's production
  • Interviews with the films creators
  • Multi-angle animation comparisons
  • Original trailer
Box Art:
Special Dual-Format edition:
LHOYT9o.jpg

Limited Edition Dual-Format SteelBook:
7U9WtU7.jpg
Dat Steelbook T_T

Sterok

Thunderbolt Fantasy 5

I like it when enemies manage to sit down and just talk about themselves and what they hope to accomplish. Urobuchi is really good at that. It was one of the best parts of Fate/Zero, and here it led to a big increase in understanding for both characters involved.

ibyea

Banned
Go add it to the anime filler website. See what happens.

I mean needing to explain it beyond that is zzz. People can pay attention on their own. The last episode of 3-gatsu peels back layers about the characters that it is holding close to its chest for the overarching plot and weaves Rei's shogi life with the home life he knows with the Kawamoto family. More happened in this episode than the last two so it's just annoying to see more and more people mislabeling the show as "slice of life".

Did that many things really happen in episode 4? The only important thing I remember is that flashback. Otherwise the two stories were Hina making food for her crush and Akari inviting Rei's rival/friend to lunch, which I thought were inconsequential. Maybe my reading of the episode is wrong or something, I dunno.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
dimb I thought you wanted to delete 3gatsu?

ibyea

Banned
Say guys, is Amazon Prime the only place airing The Great Passage? Because I am only seeing that it is in Amazon UK, so I can't even watch it.

Say guys, is Amazon Prime the only place airing The Great Passage? Because I am only seeing that it is in Amazon UK, so I can't even watch it.

Yes, Amazon has the exclusive international streaming rights for Great Passage. After being contacted by ANN, Amazon US has confirmed that they have the rights and claimed they intend to stream it (as well as Vivid Strike and Chi's Sweet Adventure) but would not say when they intend to post episodes onto their site.

ibyea

Banned
Yes, Amazon has the exclusive international streaming rights for Great Passage. After being contacted by ANN, Amazon US has confirmed that they have the rights and claimed they intend to stream it (as well as Vivid Strike and Chi's Sweet Adventure) but would not say when they intend to post episodes onto their site.

That is frustrating, since I do really want to watch it.

blurr

Shimamura Uzuki
Triad Primus (actually tie with Uzuki)
Anastasia
Ranko
Anzu Futaba
Mika
Asterisk

This is true CG ranking.

Guess adding nyaa to your vocabulary adds a likeable personality and skyrockets you to top lists. Riina showed more mettle as a character than Miku. I value that more.

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 29

Packed episode. Yume and Laura are kicking off their rivalry again, and Laura really needs a victory to be taken seriously. So I thought she stood a chance this time, but once Yume started farting out rainbows again it was all over. Pity. Laura had a good segment with Mahiru as well. And kind of a decent one with Anna-sensei afterwards, but I'm not sure in what direction Laura is going to go. As long as Yume can fart rainbows she's basically unbeatable on stage. Laura is probably still a better singer, so maybe she'll go in that direction. All the drama distracted from the new dance, though it seemed kind of lame honestly. Meanwhile, Ako is super lucky she has no competition.

But all that was overshadowed by Koharu. She's leaving? That's sudden and out of nowhere. If it was anyone else I'd call the show's bluff, but I can easily see them sidelining Koharu that way. But without ever going on stage? And Beauty does still have their competition. Will next week be the week for Koharu? Will the Kasumi family survive losing her? Will Koharu really go through with it? Next episode is going to be interesting. I must say, this show has been doing a really good job of taking seemingly boring episodes and somehow making them gripping to watch.

Quasar

Which pisses me off given how few countries they even operate in. All this shit does is encourage fansub usage.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
dimb I thought you wanted to delete 3gatsu?
Yeah, delete it. It's like recycling though where you have to throw it in the proper bin. Just because people are bored with straight drama or comedy doesn't mean they can just dump stuff in the slice of life bin.
Did that many things really happen in episode 4? The only important thing I remember is that flashback. Otherwise the two stories were Hina making food for her crush and Akari inviting Rei's rival/friend to lunch, which I thought were inconsequential. Maybe my reading of the episode is wrong or something, I dunno.
The story is not about the lunch being delivered. This is a story about filling voids and that heavily colors the how, why, and who of Hinata's love. The type of person Hinata falls for can mean a lot in stories like this. When the price of the lunch comes up in relation to the money they spend feeding Rei you see his integration into this surrogate family questioned. There is an expectation to share and provide for one another when people are related, but the show is presenting questions about that for familial sort of bonds that form for people who are not directly related.

Also there is stuff to think about with how Rei's past influences how he interacts with women, but these things are gross and kind of trashy so I don't feel like going in depth on them.

Quasar

There was also how it showed how Rei perceived the whole crush. Probably the most important thing imo.

Jex

[Fafner: Exodus] - 4

If this was the original series of Fafner at least 5 people would have died by now.

Lostorage Lost-storage Lost-to-rage Lost Orange 04
Hanna-san speaks like Chaika. Is this some kind of trend in Japan among nerdy people? Shocking truth!

So far the system seems to be pretty similar to old WIXOSS. The weird thing about it all is how well everyone seems to be taking it. There isn't quite the level of DESPAIR and DEPRAVITY we saw before. Also it's weird how with there being male selectors now we still only have LRIGs to match them. That really came out to be pretty obvious here at the end just how weird that is. On that note
I think Satomi is a former LRIG as well, just in how much they know about the game and maybe even why they were getting all cozy with the bully guy.

Chinatsu is hardcore. ...honestly I can't wait for the inevitable future episode when she's going to stop being so angsty.

FFS, Canada (and a bunch of other countries) gets screwed over again.

If amazon is going to pull this stuff, they really need to open up Prime Video to every region. Even if a region had zero content, it would still allow people within a region to get something when they occasionally do secure rights for an entire area like this.

Quasar

FFS, Canada (and a bunch of other countries) gets screwed over again.

If amazon is going to pull this stuff, they really need to open up Prime Video to every region. Even if a region had zero content, it would still allow people within a region to get something when they occasionally do secure rights for an entire area like this.

I actually thought that was the point of creating Prime Video without the rest of Prime, for all us folks who don't have a local amazon so the benefits of Prime are less.

Doesn't seem to be the case yet though.

3-gatsu no Lion - 04

Thanks to a high amount of good funny expressions you earned yourself one more episode 3-gatsu. The characters' narration is still terribly redundant all around and that rape/sexual assault(?) flashback was badly done. Except for some of the comedic scenes the direction is quite lacking. When Rei was observing the basketball and Hinata's lunch box attempt it was quite the boring back and forth to a simple front shot of Rei. Add the bad narration on top and you've got yourself some awful scenes.

At least stuff of worth happened this episode and thematically it was a bit more engaging. Akari's tendency to pick up strays, including Rei, and the family's relationship was interesting. It's unfortunate that the show then takes away from that by going over the top with Akari's adoration for Nikaidou.

I actually thought that was the point of creating Prime Video without the rest of Prime, for all us folks who don't have a local amazon so the benefits of Prime are less.

Doesn't seem to be the case yet though.

I'm just getting annoyed with stuff like this. Amazon gets exclusivity for a bunch of regions... only puts it out in a small handful of them. Hulu gets North American Exclusivity, only puts it out in the USA. Even Netflix and Funimation did it once or twice before seemingly stopping the practice.

The answer is simple, if you only operate in a handful of countries, don't get blanket licences, let somebody who does operate in that region get them. But time and time again companies don't do that and in most cases people are forced into piracy.

Quasar

I'm just getting annoyed with stuff like this. Amazon gets exclusivity for a bunch of regions... only puts it out in a small handful of them. Hulu gets North American Exclusivity, only puts it out in the USA. Even Netflix and Funimation did it once or twice before seemingly stopping the practice.

The answer is simple, if you only operate in a handful of countries, don't get those licences, let somebody who does operate in that region get them. But time and time again companies don't do that and in most cases people are forced into piracy.

Reminds me of Funimation and their Anglo countries license. They at least sub license their stuff though, which us better than sitting on a license.

I've been watching ALL OUT!! and I noticed that the ending song seemed so familiar, but I couldn't remember why. After a little research I discovered that it was one of the first songs in Ouendan 2. Pretty cool. I like the arrange version, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom