• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

For all my fellow Canadians here
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-fe...-most-popular-fall-anime-by-provinceterritory

98c49e5a6a3bd6dcabc61817de365b12.jpg

Quebec as good tastes.

If anyone wants to post a bigger picture go ahead, Imgur just doesn't want to work for me.

Ontario - Haikyu!!
British Colombia - Haikyu!!
Quebec - Yuri!!! On ICE
Alberta - Haikyu!!
Manitoba - Drifters
New Brunswick - Haikyu!!
Nova Scotia - Izetta: The Last Witch
Prince Edward Island - Yuri!! On ICE
Saskatchewan - ALL OUT!!
Newfoundland and Labrador - Izetta: The Last Witch
Yukon Territory - Drifters
Northwest Territories - Gundam IBO
Nunavut - Kiss Him, Not Me

Looks like Canada has better tastes than 'Murrica. Looks like Canada is also full of fujoshi.

Is there one for good, old Yurop?

Just T

Ninja Girl & Samurai Master: 0-4

Decided to check this out, been a minute since I've watched a good short. Eh, it was nothing special, got a chuckle or two in though. The music kinda gets aggravating.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-fe...-most-popular-fall-anime-by-provinceterritory

Quebec as good tastes.

If anyone wants to post a bigger picture go ahead, Imgur just doesn't want to work for me.

Ontario - Haikyu!!
Quebec - Yuri!!! On ICE
Alberta - Haikyu!!
Manitoba - Drifters
New Brunswick - Haikyu!!
Saskatchewan - ALL OUT!!

Not only are we great people, but we also have great taste. Mhm.

We in the 6 did our part for Haikyuu. Myself and everyone I know are watching.

Exalted

3-gatsu no Lion episode 4

Finally got time to watch this, and i was not fond of it.Though this series would would be a more serious drama focusing on Rei instead of this silly mishmash of tones and generic slice of life stories that they presented. Doesn't help that i find almost all of the new characters that were introduced annoying.

ibyea

Banned

Quebec as good tastes.

Ontario - Haikyu!!
Quebec - Yuri!!! On ICE
Alberta - Haikyu!!
Manitoba - Drifters
New Brunswick - Haikyu!!
Saskatchewan - ALL OUT!!

Canada>America confirmed. :p

DiGiKerot

Hm... Well, I guess that makes sense... But, didn't Manga UK release 3.33 earlier this year though?

Bear in mind that the Eva movies were previously sublicensed to Manga via Funimation, who aren't really dealing with Manga these days. Presumably whatever license Manga had for that has lapsed at this point, though given that I'm under the impression that this relicense may well have been negotiated directly with Khara rather than Funi (nothing more than speculation on my part, admittedly).

For what it's worth, I gather the TV show is still in "don't hold your breath for it any time soon" mode within Khara for the immediate future. Jeremy said as much during AnimeLtds panel this afternoon.

Beyond the Boundary 6

Oh my god that was amazing. :D This was probably my favorite episode so far. When she started singing the first time it about killed me, lmao. And then they became idols. I wasn't expecting that. There was even a montage, haha. The ending was perfect too.

all out and kiss him not me on the canada map is pretty wwwwwwwwwwwww
Kae Serinuma was an overweight fujoshi until one of her favorite characters died and she lost the weight from the shock. When she returns to school, four attractive boys ask her out, but all Kae wants is to see them kiss each other. (from manga)
That's quite the premise.

phaze

Beyond the Boundary 4

That was awesome. And dude's demon form was badass. Also, only 200 yen? That's pretty fucked up, considering. My little sister can't be this cute dude is about to make bank from killing a bunch of demon wolf scrubs, but deadman wonderchick can barely get enough for a decent meal after killing the nothing. How unfair is that?!

Beyond the Boundary 6

Oh my god that was amazing. :D This was probably my favorite episode so far. When she started singing the first time it about killed me, lmao. And then they became idols. I wasn't expecting that. There was even a montage, haha. The ending was perfect too.

-----
Ajin 03
With proper context, this is one of most amazing lines in whole 2016.
user222437_pic71490_12brbb.png

---
3 days later, still no Bungou ...

Bear in mind that the Eva movies were previously sublicensed to Manga via Funimation, who aren't really dealing with Manga these days. Presumably whatever license Manga had for that has lapsed at this point, though given that I'm under the impression that this relicense may well have been negotiated directly with Khara rather than Funi (nothing more than speculation on my part, admittedly).

For what it's worth, I gather the TV show is still in "don't hold your breath for it any time soon" mode within Khara for the immediate future. Jeremy said as much during AnimeLtds panel this afternoon.

Aha. Guess I'll hold on to my DVDs then ;p

Sterok

Maho Girls Precure 39

Mofurun wants to be a Precure. She is really going to like the movie. Kotoha really likes having the opportunity to cut loose with her magic. I especially like her alien costume. Now I'm curious just how important relations between the two worlds truly is. Will magic be public knowledge on Earth by the end? The new ed wasn't just a one off. Hope there's one of those for Riko and Kotoha.

phaze

You jinxed it with your post that we might not get anything at all this week due to 2 episodes last week.

It makes zero sense though to break and change the schedule for one episode and immediately revert back :(. Crunchyroll still has airing date as Fridays too

I think this Haikyuu S3 opening is my favorite of the show yet. Storyboard and song just seem a bit ahead of the rest.

This shot really excels at showing the power behind Ushijima's attacks with some awesome lighting.

I think this Haikyuu S3 opening is my favorite of the show yet. Storyboard and song just seem a bit ahead of the rest.

This shot really excels at showing the power behind Ushijima's attacks with some awesome lighting.

I agree that this is the best opening the series has had. The concept behind it is a level of creativity above the openings of the first two seasons, the use of the bird motif is really well done, and of course the animation is just so good. Natsume did great work here.

Cornbread78

3-gatsu ep.4
Straight SoL episide, but still pretty good. It almost felt weird as it highlighted almost all positives in Rei's life for once and didn't convey any of the negative emotions he usually carries around. Although, Rei x Akari is definately dead now as we find out Akari is a classic "
chubby chaser
" lol. His "best friend" was certainly happy with that revelation, lol.

Kenstar

3-gatsu ep.4
Straight SoL episide, but still pretty good. It almost felt weird as it highlighted almost all positives in Rei's life for once and didm't convey any of the negative emotions he usually carries around. Although, Rei x Akari is defibately dead now as we find out Akari is a classid "
chubby chaser
" lol. His "best friend" was certainly happy with that revelation, lol.
doki doki
wp7uTqk.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
WWW.Working 1-4

Well I've decided to finally watch something new from this season, though a spinoff of a show I've watched isn't exactly a risky choice.

Maybe it's the "new factor" talking, but upon first impressions, I think I may actually enjoy this new cast more than the original.

-Minsc-

Quebec as good tastes.

Ontario - Haikyu!!
Quebec - Yuri!!! On ICE
Alberta - Haikyu!!
Manitoba - Drifters
New Brunswick - Haikyu!!
Saskatchewan - ALL OUT!!

It appears I'm not with my fellow Islanders in watching Yuri!! On ICE.

edit:

"After dominating much of the midwest, Yuri!!! On ICE only claimed a single province, but it's a big one!! "

Seeing as we've been left off maps before I'm not surprised we were overlooked in that comment.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
please stop calling 3-gatsu "slice of life" when new things happen. it is not a day to day routine sort of show right now.

Kenstar

please stop calling 3-gatsu "slice of life" when new things happen. it is not a day to day routine sort of show right now.

We learned a bunch of new things, him and middle child seem to be closer, after the last ep, debu-kun is his only friend,
sexytime ptsd with the same woman who said he was nothing in the 1st ep, big sis likes finding projects to nurture, was honestly surprised it didn't go into how he would feel after hearing that, that he might start to feel that he doesn't mean all that much to her as a person so much as a thing that needed her

Qurupeke

image.php
image.php

Does that make BGBW the dark SliceSabre?

Can I at least call it borderline filler?

We got plenty of tiny info and bits about the various characters, so yeah I guess you're right. Still, episode 4 felt as close to a SoL as possible. I'd agree that the show isn't SoL though.

Theonik

They've obtained the license and are re-releasing it. I'm guessing this means that when Eva comes to the UK on BD, Anime Limited will be the ones to release it, having Eva all under one roof makes sense.
That depends. They look to be wanting to use the re-release of 1.11 as a sort of market test to see how they'll approach this. It doesn't seem like the rest of Eva is up for tender by Chara so it will take some time.

Cornbread78

Yuri on Ice ep.2
I started watching earlier this week but forgot to finish. I've never watched BL anime before, but this is pretty close, righy? This is going to become a love triangle battle pretty soon, isn't it?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Can I at least call it borderline filler?
Go add it to the anime filler website. See what happens.
Though saying "something new happened it can't be slice of life" is a pretty silly way to define it.
I mean needing to explain it beyond that is zzz. People can pay attention on their own. The last episode of 3-gatsu peels back layers about the characters that it is holding close to its chest for the overarching plot and weaves Rei's shogi life with the home life he knows with the Kawamoto family. More happened in this episode than the last two so it's just annoying to see more and more people mislabeling the show as "slice of life".

Slice of Life is a non-descriptor.

Most of the time 'sitcom' is a more appropriate term.

That works, though not all of these shows are comedies.

Go add it to the anime filler website. See what happens.

I mean needing to explain it beyond that is zzz. People can pay attention on their own. The last episode of 3-gatsu peels back layers about the characters that it is holding close to its chest for the overarching plot and weaves Rei's shogi life with the home life he knows with the Kawamoto family. More happened in this episode than the last two so it's just annoying to see more and more people mislabeling the show as "slice of life".
I wouldn't call 3-gatsu slice of life, I was more objecting to the idea that slice of life means nothing happens.

Something with a fluid definition like any genre.

Though saying "something new happened it can't be slice of life" is a pretty silly way to define it.

Yeah, I don't think claiming that for something to be slice of life it can't have any character development is very helpful. I've always thought of a term as a kind of fallback when you've got a relatively mundane story that people can't figure out any other genre to slot it into.

Thud

I'm surprised they didn't do a yotsuba anime yet. Slice of Child.

Saiki K. 80-85

Apparently the schedule did change to 120 shorts (24 episodes), fine by me :p.

Hairo is actually a sore loser hah,. A lot of focus on kaidou getting closer to Koboyasu and Nendou. Preview looks nice with the Oh-festival.

I'm on the same page as you guys. To me something that has a somewhat grounded, everyday life element to it with nothing else on top is a Slice of Life. So Hyouka is a Slice of Life. SNAFU is a Slice of Life. Your Lie in April is a Slice of Life. Sangatsu too falls under that category as it explores the daily life of our MC and his interactions with this world he lives in. You could I guess say it is also a "Sports"(??) show since it actually does focus on Shogi, but this is no Haikyuu. Basically like Hosanna said, if it doesn't really fall in any genre and just deals with everyday life, that's the genre that show falls in for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom