• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
4Ht4KLR.jpg

I mean, you can't blame Chichi, Goku spends more time dead than with her!

Yamcha got his all along.

Celcius

°Temp. member
This fall is going to be great. 2nd season of both Iron Blooded Orphans and Sound Euphonium. Hype!

Jarmel

Banned
Are there any good articles/interviews that talk about the difference between an art director and director of photography?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Code Geass R2 ep.17-18
https://67.media.tumblr.com/6c35083e187b4957999e32fb5e81431b/tumblr_nihywwZVI61qj5jqso1_500.gif[/im g]

Fuck the world, don't ask me for shit...

[url]https://youtu.be/JxPj3GAYYZ0[/url]
[url]https://youtu.be/UXxRyNvTPr8[/url]

Wow, talk about the ultimate backfire right there.. some pretty cool mecha action until the end, then.... boom! Fuck, tgat hurt...[/QUOTE]

Eat pizza it will make you feel better

Are there any good articles/interviews that talk about the dofference between an art director and directpr of photography?

This article talks about the basics of what art and photography entail in a modern anime production. The simple difference is that an art director is in charge of the backgrounds whereas the director of photography is in charge of the composite - bringing together all the various elements of the image (2D animation, CG, backgrounds, etc.) into a finished whole and applying various digital postprocessing techniques. They're very different jobs.

Cornbread78

Eat pizza it will make you feel better

Lol, if only it was that easy...

Did you like moe C2?
;P

Mot moe enough if you ask me... C.C or Kallen, who is the next one to die?

Is it a bug with mobile? Shouldn't they give you a link somewhere?

Nothing.. I've check everywhere on the mobile app. It doesn't give to a resizing option either..

I can only get this link:

JoWPn.jpg

It just doesn't give me a way yo post it..

See:
JoWPni.jpg

Thoraxes

IBS S2 - 01

Yeah, you can pretty much skip the first season and know what's going on. Wish I did that. Still pretty boring, but at least this was more interesting than most of the first half.

8W8B6lm.png

Taruranto

The Legend of Erin #17

She looks familiar somehow...

This episode was pretty good. Last episode too. The show is not as slow as the beginning, and overall I'm enjoying all the characters more.

John is pretty good and brings out a nice side of Erin (Also Heidi flashbacks!!!) as well Erin becoming less one-note. Even whathisname (The Duke son) stepped up his game by making a political move. I still think Akira Ishida is totos evil tho', probably playing both sides.

The only one I liked from Erin's village was her mum, everyone else was zzzzz.

Also this song is very lovely!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqvJUySeM04

MartyStu

Fate/Stay Nights: Unlimited Blade Works

Is it just me, or is the male protagonist like the worst? I keep hoping he dies during the many times he should have, and the much more interesting female one takes over.

Otherwise, this show is ass. I have seen it praised for its action, but I see nothing impressive here.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Fate/Stay Nights: Unlimited Blade Works

Is it just me, or is the male protagonist like the worst? I keep hoping he dies during the many times he should have, and the much more interesting female one takes over.

Otherwise, this show is ass. I have seen it praised for its action, but I see nothing impressive here.
Seeing it for the high quality art is not what you are suppose to be seeing in this series, assuming you haven't seen the other series first.

Cornbread78

- Posted from my iPhone

Uugghh...
How did you get that useable link?

Kaze no Stigma ep.3
The circle of hate continues. At least Kasuma wasn't as much of a douch this tine (not saying he's not justified) however, I'm really confused. Is he the blood brother of the flaming red head? This lineage thing is killing me here.

Narag

Konosuba 7

Didn't reality find this one all that amusing either aside from the massive bloodstain. Didn't help the CR subs were missing several lines in this ep, or, at the very least, weren't displaying them on the PS3 app.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
copy the img url, paste the url , highlight the url, click the img button on the post page. append an l before the .jpg or .png to make it a large thumbnail
Learning how to post images while on mobile. Its useful if you had to make a long OT on a phone with no computer.

Kiritobread I've found the solution, the images are not working because your phone is sensing that you like Sword Art Online non-ironically.

Quickly, fix this so you can post images!

Cornbread78

Kiritobread I've found the solution, the images are not working because your phone is sensing that you like Sword Art Online non-ironically.
Quickly, fix this so you can post images!

Well, my wallpaper is Final Fantasy, so....

latest

You'll get it. Then you'll be making OTs in your sleep.

I already make too many.. : (

3 more going up next week and 1 the following..

I'd like to get the links to showcas images though...

Jarmel

Banned
This article talks about the basics of what art and photography entail in a modern anime production. The simple difference is that an art director is in charge of the backgrounds whereas the director of photography is in charge of the composite - bringing together all the various elements of the image (2D animation, CG, backgrounds, etc.) into a finished whole and applying various digital postprocessing techniques. They're very different jobs.

Thanks.

Sterok

Selector Destructed Wixoss

With Lostorage coming out soon, it's convenient that this came out just now. It's a recap movie of the first two seasons, but it's not a replacement. Rather, it's meant to be seen after watching the show, but with a few extra scenes to give more context and meaning to certain characters. I never understood exactly what Ruko's mother's issue with Ruko was, nor did I get what was up with Mayu. This did nothing to alleviate that. But there were some interesting bits. The origin of Tama's name was cute, and the new Mayu scenes provided a bit more insight into who she is. There was also confirmation that Tama did become real and meet Ruko I think? And she probably fused with Yuki? I still don't quite get that.

But the real star here is Rumi/Ulith, the only true villainous character of the show with no redeeming qualities. She gets the bulk of the extra scenes and monologues, and it makes her out to be an amazing sadist.
As a kid she plucked the wings off butterflies, ran into the middle of traffic just to freak out her friend/sister(?) Sachi, and later felt glad to be gone from that person who was nice to her. When she tries running into traffic in Iona's body she's stopped, and she acts nuts towards the person who stopped her. She's happy to see Sachi in a coma and verbally abuses a nice old lady. Rumi manages to be the best sort of absolute evil, the one you want to watch more and more of just to see how much they can break others. She was always cool, but she became simply fascinating here. And then she got a happy ending? Sort of? She's trapped in a void eternally with Sachi and has finally accepted Sachi's kindness, content to spend eternity with her. On one hand Rumi doesn't really deserve a happy ending, but on the other it's appropriate to see her break so much that she finally opens up to someone.

If you liked Wixoss and have a vague memory of it, Destructed is highly recommended. New scenes are sprinkled well across the entire movie, and the whole thing is fast paced enough that it's enjoyable seeing the highlights once more. Never thought a recap movie could be good, but this reminded my why I enjoyed Wixoss and got me pumped up for Lostorage.

Gvitor

Kaze no Stigma ep.3
The circle of hate continues. At least Kasuma wasn't as much of a douch this tine (not saying he's not justified) however, I'm really confused. Is he the blood brother of the flaming red head? This lineage thing is killing me here.

God, it's been so long since I've seen this. If by flaming red head you mean the main girl, I'm pretty sure they're not brother and sister, just distant relatives.

Also, you do know the author died and the story is incomplete, right? Iirc the anime doesn't leave major cliffhangers, but the story is incomplete...

--

Alderamin 13 / END

Nice ending.
The whole "Torway, I borrowed your ghost" was weird though. I thought for a second that Torway had died in the previous episode.

And I really liked the tie-in to the opening with the princess talking to Ikta.

91 Days 12 / END

This was really weird. At some point in the middle I got confused about the cronology.
Avilio was in bed in some dude's mansion all banged up, but when did that happen? That was the place where Nero found him? Because the guy that was talking to Avilio wasn't there when Nero stormed in, and the scenes played out of order so that the talk happened after Avilio was with Nero, that in turn happened after Nero got him from wherever he was.

As for the ending itself, it was fitting. Avilio had to die, no way around it. I liked that he managed to be honest with himself in the end and tell Nero why he didn't kill him.

Cornbread78

God, it's been so long since I've seen this. If by flaming red head you mean the main girl, I'm pretty sure they're not brother and sister, just distant relatives.

Also, you do know the author died and the story is incomplete, right? Iirc the anime doesn't leave major cliffhangers, but the story is incomplete...

91 Days 12 / END

This was really weird. At some point in the middle I got confused about the cronology.
Avilio was in bed in some dude's mansion all banged up, but when did that happen? That was the place where Nero found him? Because the guy that was talking to Avilio wasn't there when Nero stormed in, and the scenes played out of order so that the talk happened after Avilio was with Nero, that in turn happened after Nero got him from wherever he was.

As for the ending itself, it was fitting. Avilio had to die, no way around it. I liked that he managed to be honest with himself in the end and tell Nero why he didn't kill him.

Kaze:
Shit, really? Is it worth even watching the 24 episodes then?

91 Days:
At least I'm not the only one that got really confused about the timeline during that sequence.

It almost felt like that flashback
was Avilio recovering after being shot in the back by Nero. He woke up in the next Don's care right? That had to have happened later..

Still kinda confused even after Woofy tried to explain it in the OT.

Gvitor

Kaze:
Shit, really? Is it worth even watching the 24 episodes then?

The source material is a light novel, so it really doesn't make much of a diference if you think that way, lol. We rarely get second seasons of LN stuff anyway.

As for if it's worth it... I don't remember all of it and Kaze no Stigma was one of the first anime I ever watched, so my standards weren't really high at the time, but I remember enjoying it. I found it by looking for Avatar: The Last Airbender-type shows and while it most certainly doesn't come close, it was fine. And like I said, I don't remember it ending in major cliffhangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom