• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Don't they have like 10 other Fate spin offs to milk before this. Like Prototype, since Hikaru Sakurai can actually write.
Stealth read Sharnoth post

Or dunno, start to milk Tsukihime instead, jeez.

Narag

Don't they have like 10 other Fate spin offs to milk before this. Like Prototype, since Hikaru Sakurai can actually write.

Riding that Shielder Halloween fanart train.

Now its:

Fate stay/night: Heavens Feel, Fate/Extra, Fate Grand Order. No way all of these are coming out next year.

Apologies if this isn't the correct thread for this, but I'm trying to remember an anime I watched a bit of years ago (I'd say around 2003 ish).

I'm fairly certain it was part of the Ghost in the Shell franchise, but I'm not sure which one it was. All I remember is that there was a person (a girl I think) in one of those sort of stasis chambers with liquid in them.

CwQU9YEUkAAjCrl.jpg

Karen when

Protag seems generic and bland enough for more Fate shit, yep.

Is that a big shield?

BluWacky

Actually watched some things!

Classicaloid 1

It's not often I watch actual "kids" anime, and I'd basically forgotten this was one. While there were occasional brief moments of visual interest (I liked the CG effects animation, basically... although not so much the robots) I'm a bit old for the storytelling style of shows like this nowadays.

It does have an entertainingly goofy premise, though. The ED illustrations made me wish for a more Read or Die/Bungou Stray Dogs-esque take on the material, though.

Occultic;Nine 1

How can you be a NEET in high school? Surely that puts you as the "E" in "Education"?

The complaints about this being disjointed seem somewhat overblown to me; it all links together rather more effectively than I'd expected. It is full, however, of the same irritations that bug me about all of the stuff that I've seen written by Chiyomaru Shikura; lead characters with loudly voiced extreme otaku inclinations, bizarrely childlike girls etc. That's leaving aside the ridiculous breasts situation in this show...

Clearly the team working on it have lavished care and attention on everything; the alternately garish and dismal colour choices, for instance, or the relatively nuanced character animation. It would just be so much better if it wasn't so over the top about its central characters; almost everyone in it is more watchable than Yuta and Ryoka (and one of the worst gay stereotypes I've seen in an anime in a long time). There's an intriguing potential plot in how these people tie together around the murder case in the teaser and the rest of the episode, but I'm not sure I want to see our apparently main characters investigate it.

Yuri on Ice! 1

Hah, it's nice when someone actually puts effort into a "shoujo" series, particularly a big gay figure skating one.

I couldn't decide whether I was reading too much into it or not but it did appear that Yuri's replication of Viktor's routine was significantly less polished than the actual performance; it could be because of the physicality of it (which would be impressive if they've managed to capture the idea of a slightly chubby, short ice skater...) but I may be imagining things that weren't there. Interesting decision to cut away to Viktor for everything technical except the last spin; is this to heighten audience anticipation for Yuri performing such things?

I will be honest - I loved this as first episodes go. It was polished, entertaining and right in my wheelhouse. While I am slightly concerned by comments about production schedule woes already elsewhere, I will make the effort to watch more of this.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Apologies if this isn't the correct thread for this, but I'm trying to remember an anime I watched a bit of years ago (I'd say around 2003 ish).

I'm fairly certain it was part of the Ghost in the Shell franchise, but I'm not sure which one it was. All I remember is that there was a person (a girl I think) in one of those sort of stasis chambers with liquid in them.

Mmm, the only shot I can think of that fits this is a brief showcase of the Major's apartment where she keeps spare bodies. One of her spares is a younger version of her and that was, I think, in one of those stasis tubes. This would be either Stand Alone Complex, the first series, or 2nd Gig, the second season of the original series. Leaning towards 2nd Gig.

EDIT: 2nd Gig was 2004. If this memory was in fact from 2003 then you're left with the original film and Stand Alone Complex. If it might've included 2004 then you also have the second movie, Innocence, and the second series, 2nd Gig.

Did the girl look like this?
dd776bbc694f26c20a442ca05ac1dec1.jpg

Cheating Craft Episode 5 – Earth-Shattering! Shark Strike!
'
The part with the shark was hilarious and kind of lewd, the one guy at first nice.
CwQ1nSmXYAgIGQ4.jpg:small

Loved this water based episode, even in cheating craft it becomes another epic cheating opportunity.

Mmm, the only shot I can think of that fits this is a brief showcase of the Major's apartment where she keeps spare bodies. One of her spares is a younger version of her and that was, I think, in one of those stasis tubes. This would be either Stand Alone Complex, the first series, or 2nd Gig, the second season of the original series. Leaning towards 2nd Gig.

EDIT: 2nd Gig was 2004. If this memory was in fact from 2003 then you're left with the original film and Stand Alone Complex. If it might've included 2004 then you also have the second movie, Innocence, and the second series, 2nd Gig.

Did the girl look like this?
dd776bbc694f26c20a442ca05ac1dec1.jpg

Thanks, it probably was SAC. I only saw around 5 minutes of it, but thought it seemed really cool.

It was on CNX, which apparently broadcasted in the UK between 2002 to 2003, so unless Wikipedia is wrong (there's chances), it must have been before 2004.

I think she looks familiar, but as I said, I've not seen it in around 13 years, so my memory's a bit sketchy. The artstyle definitely looks right at least.

phaze

Karen when

In for Lancer.
ndaxxyizzoo7.gif

That guy looks like a fusion of Kirei and Shirou.

Thanks, it probably was SAC. I only saw around 5 minutes of it, but thought it seemed really cool.

It was on CNX, which apparently broadcasted in the UK between 2002 to 2003, so unless Wikipedia is wrong (there's chances), it must have been before 2004.

I think she looks familiar, but as I said, I've not seen it in around 13 years, so my memory's a bit sketchy. The artstyle definitely looks right at least.

Maybe you're just thinking of GitS (1995) movie intro ? Try googling that.

Andrew J.

Sölf;222580591 said:
Gainax has a new anime. It's a collaboration with the Saudi Arabian company ARINAT.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...eal-their-collaboration-project-desert-knight

Trailer looks rather boring. At least it's a setting we don't see that often.

Interesting. Prince bin Salman is known to be a weeaboo:

[Prince Mohammed bin Salman] developed an early and abiding love of Japan, which remains his favorite country, a close associate said. When Prince Mohammed first married several years ago, he took his wife on a two-month honeymoon to Japan and the Maldives. (He recently married a second wife, associates said.)

His most public role was running the Prince Mohammed bin Salman Foundation. Broadly dedicated to developing Saudi youth, the foundation has held conferences on the uses of Twitter and YouTube, and it has explored producing Japanese-style “manga” cartoons to showcase Arab culture.

JulianImp

Owarimonogatari - Ep. 6
So much for finding Sodachi's mother.
Ougi was such a lovely asshole this episode. The conflict between her and Hanekawa was very entertaining to watch.
Most importnaly, the next is Shinobu Mail!

You're only now catching up on Owari? I began watching it as it was airing with my cousin, but he kind of ended up noping out of it due to how the start in Ougi Riddle was pretty slow (even more so for him, who hasn't actually watched the all the previous seasons).

Ougi's a fun and strange character, even though I still kind of wish we got some more Kaiki as a villain... I guess his main arc is done already, so thematically it might not make much sense for him to actually show up again.

And that takes me back to wondering why they didn't produce any new Monogatari nendos after Bake (except for petits). Like, come on... just axe some of the monthly releases of Saber or Miku and open up a slot for Yotsugi, Kaiki, Ougi and Oikura.

JulianImp

Roflmao. Is this the audio version of mirror flipping video or having a video play in a smaller window within the video. Fucking Youtube uploads... lol.

I've heard worse, such as adding a random sound that repeats in set intervals just to throw the copyright detection system off.

But yeah, automatic copyright takedown doing its job... except when it doesn't. Yay.

That next Fate tyoe-moon anime isn't made by Ufotable no? Because they already have a stuff for next year. They have Tales in January and that Touken Ranbu anime too if I remember correctly.

Edit: nvm just I typed this I saw Lay-duce, never heard of them and It's a special too, got to learn to read before posting.

Twin start exorcist 30

Man what a morning for tears!
SAE NOOOOOOO!

Seeing Rokuro and Benio in tears was also pretty hard :(

Also we say last filler last filler every week, but at this point they modified the story so much, that I think this anime original story is just the main story now, since they fused a lot of the manga material in it. I can see this arc continuing for at least 3 more episodes.

Bungo stray dogs 17

Cool to have the main cast back and they came back strong too! For all you battle shonen fight fans out there this seems to be exactly this.

From the OP/ED, Akutagawa seems to have a very important role this season.

Arabesque

What's the plot of Grand Order? Is it just "oh no another Grail War, gotta gatcha them all!" or something else?

"All of humanity has been killed off. Please go and befriend many historical figures by paying money into the gatcha to aid in your quest to save humanity from extermination. The portal to different historical eras is on the left, the shop is on the right. All your bank details had already been filled in".

I kid
a little
but that is the basic plot and premise. The main story itself is ... uneven in quality, given that about 3 to 4 different people are writing it (and the first 4 chapters are markedly different in how they are structured and written from the last 3, with the final possibly undergone further rewrites). A lot of is interesting enough in parts, some of if it eye rolling to down right dumb, and there is some that is genuinely great.

The grails don't actually contribute to anything outside of a "reward for completing a chapter".

A little "disappointed" to see they didn't get Maaya Sakamoto to record a new song for it and they're just using the one from the game, but that's about as far as my interest currently goes.

I'd imagine the actual anime will use a different song. I hope. Or at least do a remix a la This Illusion -> Disillusion like '06 anime.

Also we say last filler last filler every week, but at this point they modified the story so much, that I think this anime original story is just the main story now, since they fused a lot of the manga material in it. I can see this arc continuing for at least 3 more episodes.

I think it's been will past filler now and it is more in the realms of FMA '03 and Sailor Moon '90 now in how the anime is vs. manga. Closer to SM, I felt then and still feel now.

I really love what the TSE anime does to the material it's adapting. Hopefully it gets renewed for another year.

blurr

Shirobako was created by people in the anime industry after all; you'd think they'd know how the industry operates!

Yes but as the blog post mentioned it is easy to consider that as dramatization when it is the reality of it.

Owarimonogatari - Ep. 4-5
I suppose this is the end of Sodachi Oikura characters arc and it's time to find out what happened to her mother.
Overall this was very strong arc so far.

Episode 5 stands out for me as one of the best episodes of Monogatari series almost entirely for her voice over work. I have rewatched it over a dozen times maybe, more than any other episode. Ironic how it wasn't exactly a funny episode because the humor in dialogue work was what attracted me to the series in the first place.

I think it's been will past filler now and it is more in the realms of FMA '03 and Sailor Moon '90 now in how the anime is vs. manga. Closer to SM, I felt then and still feel now.

I really love what the TSE anime does to the material it's adapting. Hopefully it gets renewed for another year.

Yea it's pretty much how I feel the story is going right now, comparing it to FMA 03 and Soul Eater would probably be accurate.

And for the story continuing, it's scheduled for 48 episode I believe. But hey if it's very successful we never know. I wouldn't say no to more TSE.

Episode 5 stands out for me as one of the best episodes of Monogatari series almost entirely for her voice over work. I have rewatched it over a dozen times maybe, more than any other episode. Ironic how it wasn't exactly a funny episode because the humor in dialogue work was what attracted me to the series in the first place.

I intended to write something similar. Just outstanding voice acting there. Also, I still regularly listen to Mathemagics, where she does a superb job, too. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom