• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Minsc-

Mushishi 5? - 22

Have almost finished S1 of Mushishi, and only have a few more episodes to go. I've been really enjoying this series, has to be one of the best fantasy/supernatural show i've ever watched. One thing i find interesting and was not really expecting before i started watching, is how few stories end with a ' true good ending' . A lot of the stories only conclude on a kinda positive note, with Ginko only being able to partially help people, or at a cost. And sometimes even when he manages to help, or save people, it might still just tell you at the end of the episode that this person has vanished or was banished a few months later or killed himself years later. It makes episodes more exciting, since you are never truly sure if he will manage to do his job or not, or how it will end.

It indeed can get quite melancholy. Knowing Ginko's backstory there's some bittersweet-ness to his laid back character.

Cornbread78

If one more person gets a cat avatar I'm gonna Gosick

LAjnlOt.gif

jman2050

Girlish Number 4

Chitose continues to be amazing, every person involved in the production of KuuSure is a dead man walking, there's no stopping this train.

I'm actually impressed at how much of a vain asshole Chitose can be, it really is Momoka all over again.

Thud

Shiki Ep. 22/END

Ok, the series was pretty fun to watch and did get pretty damn crazy, I mean, that Megumi scene with the villagers was friggen disturbing as hell. Wuth that being said, WTF at that ending? Seriously, there was no ending..... Did they have a 2nd season planned, but run out of funds? I mean, thd final scene could have worked, but the few mins before that just confuse things....

I'm guessing the production schedule was a mess. Trying to cram the novel in 24 episodes, which was reduced to 22 plus specials.

The slow pace in the first half was good. Then after that second god I hate anime opening every episode was getting faster. I wouldn't say it went to shit, but it became a completely different show.

Ending feels like a bail out. Losing the trees seems fitting, as it was such a huge part of the place.

Tiger Mask W 1

That was manly as fuck.

Fucking lol @ how over the top it is. Amazing. Nothing like dozens of brollic dudes in underpants scaling a mountain then throwing some other dude off it like nothing.

Aki-at

Shiki Ep. 22/END

Ok, the series was pretty fun to watch and did get pretty damn crazy, I mean, that Megumi scene with the villagers was friggen disturbing as hell. Wuth that being said, WTF at that ending? Seriously, there was no ending..... Did they have a 2nd season planned, but run out of funds? I mean, thd final scene could have worked, but the few mins before that just confuse things....

Nah that's how the novel and manga seems to end more or less.

It burned me on the series.

Konosuba 3 & 4

This is amazing and I love how the lead is able to resist all these femchars. Megumin is probably the best of the bunch so far, though probably cause of her personality and lines (really cool) and her path of the explosions.

Cabbage quest has to be the best thing in non Kawahara trapped in a game world anime so far.

Cornbread78

Konosuba 3 & 4

This is amazing and I love how the lead is able to resist all these femchars. Megumin is probably the best of the bunch so far, though probably cause of her personality and lines (really cool) and her path of the explosions.

Cabbage quest has to be the best thing in non Kawahara trapped in a game world anime so far.

Lol, I need to rewatch this soon leading into S2. I'm sure it will still be just as funny a second time around.

Aki-at

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - 31

Interesting everything has been rolled into one flip flopping episode, here we are getting ready to go into the final bend.

Wish I held off a couple more days before I watched this, not that it matters since I'm sure the next episode will continue into the next haha.

JulianImp

MagiGirl Raising - #4
Oh my god, I never saw that one coming! That part with Calamity Mary in it was weird in that I don't think I got what was going on, but eh... Nemurin unknowingly inspiring Swim Swim to stage a coup against Ruler as her last act as a magical girl (and a living being, to boot) was kind of meh, too.

Also, what the heck was that, Ruler? She had an apparently OP as hell power, but when they got down to the specifics it ended up being pretty useless unless she were abusing it to make people commit suicide or something deranged like that. I was expecting Yu-Gi-Oh-style Marik mind control or something, and that maybe she wanted to get the MC's friend over to her side while stealing his/her candies. Oh well, good riddance.

Oh look, now they're getting into allegiances and all that, how cute! Too bad things will probably go like in Hinamizawa anyway at the rate things are going.

And because someone had to...

My wife is the ecchi council president - #1-5
Still full of mood whiplash, still harenchi as hell. Meh, nothing interesting here unless you really want your weekly dose of lewd (and then some).

If one more person gets a cat avatar I'm gonna Gosick

Hmm... would Black Hanekawa count?

I always found it kind of funny that the show chose "Gosick" rather than "Gothic" for its romaji reading (maybe for trademark reasons?).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I feel happy, anime, anime, anime, anime, anime, anime, it hurts......

Updates on my non-Gundam anime attempt:

Kancolle Better than I thought it would be but still lead no where and has a nonexistent plot or reason for existing outside shilling cute anime girl characters. Turned out to be mostly watchable with some oddly dark moments for once again, no reason. Yamato is bae though.

Also stand by the fact that their opening is amazingly too good for such a stupid show.

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere wanted to try something silly with characters having boobs way too big for no reason. Watched the first episiode. No idea what was happening, the main character and art style in general was stomach churning. The bit at the end about the erotic game was funny though. Seemed like everything was made by 40 different people so the show could have 40 different characters all at once, including the painfully racist looking "brown person with big lips"

Dropped immediately.

Kanbaeri of the Iron Fortress Digging it! IT was very Attack on Titan but still enjoyed the first three episodes. Was a bit put off by the typical anime lead but I am enjoying the world they are presenting. Will finish this one if the pace they are going stays strong.

Macross Delta Love the music they have in it. The characters were pretty whatever though, none felt like they were that developed or interesting. Same goes for the general plot of the whole thing. Seems like they put a lot of effort into the music though. Main character was pretty damn uninteresting or memorable though. No Frontier, but was watchable.

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure S1 Good show, the first half burned me out when it first came out with all the yelling and what not but tried again where I left off and finished it. Good stuff, will wait a bit before jumping to S2.

Gonna finish Kanbaeri and move on to Gundam Turn A

Szadek

Owarimonogatari - Ep. 4-5
I suppose this is the end of Sodachi Oikura characters arc and it's time to find out what happened to her mother.
Overall this was very strong arc so far.

Shuumatsu no Izetta - Ep. 5
That earthquake scene was code geass as fuck.
Fortunately there was no unnessary, out of place fanservice this episode, so that's a huge plus as well.
Looks like this pilot guy is going to be Izetta's next opponent and if he is as good as he claims, this should be an interesting fight.
Not sure why he thinks we can keep up with a withc in a dogfight, but whatever.

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku - Ep. 5
I just hate-watching this show at this point since it was very disappoting for me.
This episode focused on a few characters we haven't seen too much of. The problem is, they are just as bland as everyone else.
For some reason there was a pretty long comdey seqment in this episode,because that's apperently what this deathgame anime needs...
The fight scene was alright I guess.

Princess Tutu - Ep. 23 (Rewatch)
The rewatch was a bit dissappoting since I was hopping I wouldn't mind the weak beginning of the second arc too much this time around,but I still do.
I suppose it doesn't help that I don't care that much about ballet or classic music.
Regardless, this episode is when the show becomes fantastic again.

As for Gundum IBO, when I realised that the show loves cliffhanger, I changed my plans for it.
I'm still watching it and I'm planning try to catch up with season 2 before it ends, but for now I'm taking it slowly.

Shiki Ep. 22/END

The bonus episodes are...something else.

Kenstar

Girlish Number 4

Chitose continues to be amazing, every person involved in the production of KuuSure is a dead man walking, there's no stopping this train.

I'm actually impressed at how much of a vain asshole Chitose can be, it really is Momoka all over again.

Pink haired assholes 4 life

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Keijo 4
Holy shit that w accel SFX.
I'm sure the sound director is having a blast with this anime.
Also, white man tv series will never produce this gem 'her soft bun assassinate her ass'

BluWacky

What's the plot of Grand Order? Is it just "oh no another Grail War, gotta gatcha them all!" or something else?

A little "disappointed" to see they didn't get Maaya Sakamoto to record a new song for it and they're just using the one from the game, but that's about as far as my interest currently goes.

What's the plot of Grand Order? Is it just "oh no another Grail War, gotta gatcha them all!" or something else?

A little "disappointed" to see they didn't get Maaya Sakamoto to record a new song for it and they're just using the one from the game, but that's about as far as my interest currently goes.

The goddess of jpn music sings the game song? Whats the title?

Szadek

Owarimonogatari - Ep. 6
So much for finding Sodachi's mother.
Ougi was such a lovely asshole this episode. The conflict between her and Hanekawa was very entertaining to watch.
Most importnaly, the next is Shinobu Mail!

Princess Tutu - Ep. 24-26

The last few episode are just as goodas I remembered them.
Still a very goodshow if you Metanarratives, but it also helps if you ike ballet and classic music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom