• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keijo!!!!!!!! 05

gUhLrzB.jpg
cJj3n4d.jpg
gr93dTD.jpg
I8PqBj3.jpg

In this episode of Keijo!!!!!!!!, Nozomi has to fight a girl who puts her butt on auto-pilot.

blurr

Hibike Euphonium S2 05

The tension was high this episode and boy did they show no restraint with the performance - speaking both narrative-wise and production wise.

Animation for the performance was limited to subtle and small movements due to them playing an instrument but it didn't prevent any personality or intensity from leaking through facial expressions, framing or brief shots of curiosity (when Kumiko is show looking over Reina for a moment just moving her eyes in her direction) and perspective(zoom in to Kumiko's eyes). This isn't even including the other characters who aren't performing who had their say in body language.

I cannot believe it has only been a month since Taki-sensei counseled Kumiko, felt much longer (partly because this season aired a whole year after). Looking forward to the next episode.

Girlish Number 04

I was not immediately willing to accept that this is as a cynical Shirobako but I can't deny or ignore the fact any further. Girlish Number is an anime production show with Taro from Shirobako taking the production lead.

Yea, you can try to look as beautiful as you want but I don't have to try hard to find stuff like this. Is this meta-narrative? IS IT?

Chitose is constantly shown being on the high horse this episode, while it seemed that this episode would bring her down but that wasn't the case, I'm only assuming they're riling her up even further before the fall happens.

I am interested in the debate between the two professional actresses on being satisfied with their work or just be glad that they got what they wanted. It's a mental tug of war when things don't go the way you'd like but you still got to finish your part of the job.

Fip Flappers 5

The theme this episode was super cool and fitting for an episode around halloween. The battles were also super cool and the animation was on point.

But god damn, Papika got really annoying this episode. Also they love to jump from episode to episodes with a bunch of things happening which we don't see.

All out!! 5

Loved this training episode! The inclusion of a coach was really good and, imo, really helped bring the characters forward, mainly Sekizan and the other third year.

The comedy was also on point.

Also I just noticed Sekizan and Orga from Gundam share the same VA. That guy is everywhere!

Oofuri is a must watch same for Ace of Diamond.

I back this up! Big Windup! Oofuri is such a fantastic sport show. It's up there for me along with Haikyu.

jman2050

Hibike Euphonium S2 05
Chitose is constantly shown being on the high horse this episode, while it seemed that this episode would bring her down but that wasn't the case, I'm only assuming they're riling her up even further before the fall happens.

It's funny because the last episode was all set up to be exactly that, where Chitose would get dressed down and learn from a humbling experience, except what actually happened is that she managed to give off an illusion of competency and inflate her ego even more.

In many ways that's more true to life than anything else.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Keijo has no reason to be as good as it is.

It actually does have reasons, first and foremost, this actually has substance to its being. That is to say, even though it is a very judiciously absurd idea the series carrys itself with the right amount of seriousness and has an actual narrative with actual characters, which is actually really hard to get correct.

Keijo has no reason to be as good as it is.

It's pretty dedicated to its dumb and silly gimmick and keeps finding new ways to entertain (like the now infamous Hip of Babylon). The anime skipped two dozen chapters to get to the shonen butt battles but that's what people want to see.

Szadek

Owarimonogatari - Ep. 9
Story time with Gaen. This explains why the Samurai guy is still alive.
Also, being Samurai Guy is suffering....

Flip Flappers - Ep. 5
QrE3TInqs!
Too bad that they missed Halloween by a week, because this epsiode was creepy as fuck.
It continues to be my AOTS.

Copper

Sound! Euphonium S2 - 5

I'm really glad that they chose to show the whole song played out this time. Notice how that entire time all we got was music. No monologues, no interruptions, just pure music. This a great example of how Music works so well in Anime form. I can't imagine how this would be interpreted in manga form. I really appreciate that they used professional recordings and actually matched the animation with the playing. Great job KyoAni, this was a treat to watch. Very nostalgic for me.

Sterok

Flip Flappers 5

We horror anime now. Some nice visuals again, and a few parts were actually creepy. But Cocona/Papika still feels forced. Can Yayaka join them or vice-versa? Feels like she's the only time we get some actual character dynamics going.

phaze

I stumbled upon this video: Kyousougiga Explained: In-depth Synopsis and got to say this was a nicely structured video and pleasant to listen to. And while a bunch of stuff this guy says is, as he stresses himself, conjecture, I certainly did get a better grip on the Kyousougiga's story.

So, if you're interested in all things Kyousougiga I recommend giving it a try at least.

Also gotta rewatch Kyousougiga some time. One of my favorites after all.

Seen his review and he loves the ending scene of episode 5 too. Confirmed for bro !

-------
Well, like he himself states, some of his points are full of conjectures, for me sometimes venturing into borderline fanfic territory. Some comments:

1. The video sadly doesn't get much into some subsets of Lady Koto ordeal which, with the end game revelations on Inari are IMO the biggest spot where Kyousougiga's plot and lore seem to fall apart. (God power levels are srs business after all) Namely:
  • How does the Bodhisattva, slate into the God firmament ? Is it just some kind of sub-God specific to that one Earth/plane ?
  • If so then it seems that Inari (or his brother) as an endlessly upper tier being should have absolutely no problem resolving the issue of her fading. Voila, everyone is happy, Lady Koto can come back. THE END (After all, IIRC, Koto&Myoue at the end don't have any power that wasn't in possession of their father or uncle.
    • "She left to rebalance her karma" I've no recollection of there being much to support this..

2. On time: I doubt if Koto having a cellphone tells as anything as she lives in the Shrine plane, not the world Yakushimaru and rest inhabited at the beginning.

3. On Koto's birth purpose: Holy Mother of all Conjectures

4. The Bishamaru stuff is still wishy washy but I generally agree.

Buddy Complex 3-5

Pretty frustrating when Aoba is taking so long to realize he's in a closed time loop, and the Hina he knows is from a further future. Hope he realizes soon instead of taking up most of the series messing up because of this.

Yuri on Ice 5

This was amazing. During Yuri's performance I actually felt some emotions in me, even if some shots weren't perfect, I think they really conveyed Yuri's feelings well. Loving this, this show, it's so strong right now.

Also Minami is such a great character. His performance was so good, I liked how it fitted so well with his personality. Hoping we see him once more before the end.

e_i

Brave Witches episode 4

Summary of the past four episodes:
"You suck Hikari, go back home!"
"I'm the main character, bitch, and I'll succeed."

phaze

Another season of Strike Witches is airing yet Theonik is still not posting.

Everything I've been led to believe about AnimeGaf was a lie.

Occultic;Nine 4

Well, this is continuing to get more intriguing, but it was back to being centered around Yuta so a lot of the dialogue was pretty fast paced again. I dunno, I'm interested in this, but the pacing of certain scenes is still pretty bad. I get the feeling this reads better as a LN (and potentially VN) than it feels as an anime right now.

I noticed that Touko had no reflection, and looking around it seems like there's a theory
that those without reflections may be dead. Seems fitting considering people's (lack of) reactions to her, and kind of also considering that ghost guy and his relationship with the girl. Looks like they're only able to talk with people with high spiritual energy like Myu and the curse girl? Maybe? The OP seems to make a big deal of the characters reflections, so I definitely think people are onto something here.

They're making moves to group up the characters more, which is good.

Jarmel

Banned
That Yuri on Ice soundtrack piece is some of the best music I've heard in awhile from a show. It's really quite beautiful.

Exalted

Flip Flappers 1- 5

Decided to give the first episode of Flip Flappers a try today. Was not really that fond of the characters or the story telling in the first episode, but the animation was quite nice, some really beautiful imagery and the alternate world was quite intriguing , so i ended up liking it, and i went and watched all the remaining episodes. After watching all 5 episodes , i still don't particually really care about the overall story, or the little character development that was shown didn't really make me care about the characters any more, but i quite enjoyed all the different worlds, and all the adventures in them.

A dragon ass attack, whut...

It's actually a dog :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This Minami kid is a giant middle finger to Jacob, rip.

Cornbread78

Nanbaka ep.5
This is still the stupidest show in the funniest way. These new year's games are fun to watch, especially when cell 13 is crushing the whiney competition.

Flip Flapper 05

CwYA1ZdWEAAXHHZ.jpg
CwYA1ZfXgAArv2N.jpg

CwYA1ZmW8AASgwN.jpg
CwYA1ZjXUAMYfED.jpg

Loved The Shining Reference with the twins.

Really enjoyed this episode. They really nailed the spooky and mysterious surroundings and people inhabiting the school. FUCK THAT DOLL THOUGH HOLY SHIT

Brave Witches 04

I love how they've been extra tough on her. She's already about the same level as Miyafuji with me and Miyafuji is my favorite Witch.

Keijo 5

....did she just indirectly attack the other girl's vagina as a means of throwing her off..?

Occultic;Nine - 04

I really want to drop this, the MC is annoying, big-breasted girl is annoying, pacing is all over. But show has dank ass OP/ED and I want to know more about the black magic girl.

Magical Girl Raising Project - 05

Yeah I'm dropping this.

turmoil

Banned
Yuri on Ice 1-5

I've never watched an individual sports anime before so this facet is new to me, and I love how artsy it is. The first episode was directed masterfully and was on point on letting us know about Yuri's struggles with himself and his pro career. It has declined in the animation department in the late episodes but is highly enjoyable nonetheless.

Rooting for Yurio!

Keijo!!!! 5

Cer-chan is the most hilarious moment of the opening, I wanted him to be more OP :p

All-Out 5

The inevitable training mini arc is here to stay, and luckily for the guys (and us) it has brought an interesting coach for them.

Taruranto

Lion #4
Battery reference? Shaft confirmed for bros.

Much better than the previous one, at least the narrator STFU. I really like this Harunobu character.

What's up with the
rape (???)
scene though? It came out of nowhere and disappeared in the void two seconds later never mentioned again. AWKWARD.

Cornbread78

Poco Udon show ep.1-2
My child Shapeshifting Tanuki can't possibly be this cute.... but it certainly is! This show is full of sticky sweetness and is a good watch through 2 episodes.

Poco Udon show ep.1-2
My child Shapeshifting Tanuki can't possibly be this cute.... but it certainly is this show is full of sticky sweetness and is a good watch through 2 episodes.

Man Cornbread, Poco just keeps getting even more full of cuteness every episode, I mean that episode 4...god damn, it was so sweet and pure I was in tears!

I mean just hearing Poco say Souta...it's too much.

I am not super fan of the gaogao thing at the end tho, you like them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom