• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2026

You get it wrong, they charge you 6000yen if he/she can't move up to animator after 3 years(for comparison, IG will charge you 10000yen per month).
Because they're simply telling leave the industry since you can't good enough to become animator after 3 years.
That sounds like what is called here in the UK, Constructive Dismissal.
Ie forcing someone to leave their job by making the working conditions intolerable.

And it is illegal (in the UK)

Thoraxes

Euphonium S2 05

Someone call Thoraxes and make sure he's ok.
He died.

But since the episode kept playing he was eventually resurrected.
Sakuga blog post on Episode 5 of Hibike Euphonium S2 is a great read, I just finished watching the episode.

Thoraxes' blog posts on the show were linked!
If anything, Thoraxes likely died celebrating the Cubs World Series win.
I'm alive........ barely. The Cubs damn killed me last night and i'm still working on getting my heart out of my stomach.

Also super-cool that they mentioned my blog on there! :D
This week's writeup is going to take a little longer as I think i'm going to attempt to address almost all of the cuts if I can help it.

It most probably was some people also mentioning Katsunori Shibata's earlier 'tweet'!

Ah, thank you!

That sounds like what is called here in the UK, Constructive Dismissal.
Ie forcing someone to leave their job by making the working conditions intolerable.

And it is illegal (in the UK)

Well, it's not illegal in Japan, or at least if there are any laws concerning it they're not enforced. Konami is another infamous example of a company known to practice this kind of thing.

blurr

It's funny because the last episode was all set up to be exactly that, where Chitose would get dressed down and learn from a humbling experience, except what actually happened is that she managed to give off an illusion of competency and inflate her ego even more.

In many ways that's more true to life than anything else.

Last episode did give her the illusion of competency but it was only after she realized she did a poor job and she attempted to find a way to do better. This episode felt different considering she even got a bit nervous right before the event but managed to come forward and handle the event possibly taking advantage of the audience's betrayal and shock over the PV. No one taught her that nor did she do it out of some experience.

JulianImp

Well, it's not illegal in Japan, or at least if there are any laws concerning it they're not enforced. Konami is another infamous example of a company known to practice this kind of thing.

Yeah, just like how they write down stuff such as 20 hours of overtime per month on average in their job listings for an 8-hour job with a break in between. In Argentina, that'd put the company between a rock and a hard place because job law states that 8 hours is the maximum allowed time for nearly every single job, and advertising average overtime tantamount to saying "you'll be working over 8 hours a day more often than not", which is NG.

I admire Japan for several things it does way better than Argentina, so it's very weird to see these kind of contrasts where my run-down third-world country is actually more appealing in some aspects than them. But I digress...

Cornbread78

Gosick ep.3
GOSICK-ep03-005.jpg

That was a really good conclusion to the mystery and an excellent episode at the same time. I really like the MC so far and Victoria isn't bad, but she fills in thd tropey "mysterious girl" role perfectly. Also, a little relationship developement already? I'm impressed. I look forward to watching more of this!

Nephtis

Udon no kuni no kiniro kemari - Ep 4

oh my goddddd this episode is too sweet. what an amazing show; it's getting up there with Usagi Drop for me. Damn.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
ASDFTHASDF:KALSLDFJASDFASDFL:KASDFAS
DjNbpQ7l.jpg

Kobayashi and Sawashiro are in the same anime together and Sawashiro temporarily becomes a part of her harem? Wow. WOW.

Oxenfree was really, really cool. I really enjoyed my time with it.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it so far. It helps that the characters, while definitely filling out some archetypes, still feel believable.

Flip Flappers 5

Eh, it continues to be just okay. Some of the early horror stuff was fun, but it felt repetitive towards the end.

JulianImp

Kiss Him Not Me.

This is such a weird fanboy moment for me if only because it's the only two voice actors I care about in a completely contrived situation. lol

I agree, Sawashiro is love. I guess I'll pick the series up just because of her.

Other than her, my favorite VAs that I tend to recognize are Wakamoto (all haill the hammeister!), Sugita (the lesser ham), and some of Umineko's VAs (Rudolph's appears to be quite popular, luckily for me, and I also think I remember Kirie as Caster in UBW and Krauss as Red Axe in SamFlam, for example).

Sciel

Marathoned Orange over the past few days. Thought it was pretty good bar the animation quality at times.

Aside from that, what i can say is ... Suwa is such a bro

Also they never showed us how Kakeru looks like 10 years on ;-;.

Nikodemos

Keijo!!!!!!!! 05

The match we've all been waiting for, Buttdog vs. Thunderthighs.

We get LOL moments, like that 'hunter' pic (did you notice Fujisaki's wearing a g-string resembling a studded collar with chain leash?)

We get lewd moments, like that 'vibration' scene.

We also get one of the few non-comedic, non-incompetent depictions of an overweight character in anime.

Szadek

Cardcaptor Sakura - Ep. 12
Shield can apparently protect her from magic, that should be useful.
Same for the time card... too bad that Sakura doesn't have it.

Owarimonogatari - Ep. 10
Well,this episode explained many things I thought they would never explain.
Now I finally know where this image is coming from:
Also, the fuck Kaiki:

Hibike! Euphonium - S2 Ep. 5
The competition is finally here and it was worth the wait.
Best episode of season 2 so far.

Narag

ASDFTHASDF:KALSLDFJASDFASDFL:KASDFAS
DjNbpQ7l.jpg

Kobayashi and Sawashiro are in the same anime together and Sawashiro temporarily becomes a part of her harem? Wow. WOW.

I like how this is basically how the one guy reacted when A Bridge Too Far aired in PCU. Put that western media reference in your pipe and smoke it, firehawk12.

I'm alive........ barely. The Cubs damn killed me last night and i'm still working on getting my heart out of my stomach.

Also super-cool that they mentioned my blog on there! :D
This week's writeup is going to take a little longer as I think i'm going to attempt to address almost all of the cuts if I can help it.

I guess we should clear a whole page of this thread for your post.

DreamFes Episode 6
CwbJBBGWIAAz7lc.jpg:small

Ugly outfits but the song was pretty good.

I liked the brothers plot but more so for Kanade and his brother rather than the twins. The surprise at reading his younger brothers letter was the best.

BluWacky

Yessssss...

The UK Ultimate Edition isn't the same as the US one:

+ 144 page artbook instead of 40 (no idea what the difference is)
+ all the extras from the old DVD release that are apparently not on the Funimation release
+ the three main OSTs (!!!!!), although no Lovers' Only or movie OST
- no pendant
- worse box and disc art

Definitely think we overall get the better release, assuming the video quality's good. Escaflowne was the first show I ever bought on DVD; it'll be nice to retire those discs...

blurr

Done with Kizumonogatari novel, cannot wait to watch the film now.

I am only apprehensive of all the suggestive Hanekawa scenes that I will have to watch, they made me uncomfortable reading it but that aspect is not unique to this book

JulianImp

Why do people not like Asuka-senpai again?

Perhaps because it looks like she couldn't possibly care less about anything and everything when she's serious or angry, which could lead to some pretty tense or bad situations for the band as a whole if she ever got pushed past the point where she could still keep the whole happy-go-lucky façade going.

But that's precisely what has endeared me to her, so YMMV, I guess.

That false friendly façade, the fact she cruelly manipulated another band member's feelings and spread misinformation about the situation which shows she has zero regard for the emotions of other people. Hell she actually knew how to fix the situation and chose not to fix it. I get her whole "eliminate all distractions to our success/going to Nationals", but she knowingly choose the worst option to handle the situation.

I like to dislike her.

She came off as a terrible (and not very smart) person in the last arc, purposely manipulating her bandmates in a cruel way when it turns out her scheming was actually counter-productive. You can blame the sloppy writing for that I suppose.

sasuke_91

Simply the best.

What really finishes it is the tophat guy and the goat.

If we're talking about best scene, it's gotta be this one.

But yeah, the anime is just great. Couldn't stop laughing from beginning to end. The only anime that ever came close to this is Lucky Star, but the humor in that one is a lot more... down-to-eath. Nichijou was a lot more crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom