• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exalted

Wow, no one is watching Drifters :(

I'm still watching Drifter, but don't know if i will finish it , since it's is a really strange show, those comedic moments it has feel completely out of place in the show. The last episode for example was as gory as an anime can be, with decapitations, limb loses , corpse mutilation and even showed an explicit rape scene WTF( which i never thought i would actually see in a TV anime series...) right besides one of the most unfunny jokes, and characters acting all goofy. For me at least the style of comedy it has and the dark edgy content just don't mix well , at all.

Ascheroth

Monster Strike 11-15

I've no idea how this 8 minute show based on a mobile game is so much fun. No, actually I do know why.
uchW6C9.png
It doesn't take itself very seriously and has fun with itself but is at the same time tense during serious moments.
Basically it just oozes fun.

I'm still watching Drifter, but don't know if i will finish it , since it's is a really strange show, those comedic moments it has feel completely out of place in the show. The last episode for example was as gory as an anime can be, with decapitations, limb loses , corpse mutilation and even showed an explicit rape scene WTF( which i never thought i would actually see in a TV anime series...) right besides one of the most unfunny jokes, and characters acting all goofy. For me at least the style of comedy it has and the dark edgy content just don't mix well , at all.

Yes, the comedy is really hit and miss. WhatI like is the action and historic figures fighting in a parallel universe with elves, hobbits, dwarfs, etc.
The rape scene was.. well, shocking, Can't describe it with other word. At least I know the rapist are gonna get what they deserve. And I'm kind of pumped to see that, since I abhord rape and rapist.

It's better than "Tits and Ass Showdown!!!!!!!", I'll tell you that much...
Oh, and I realized it's just here on GAF. People are liking Drifters, as they should.

Oh, an "at least this show I like is better than that show you like" and an "everybody but you agrees with me"! Where's my bingo card...

Its ok. We all know the one way to certified good taste status is to watch HEYBOT! every week.

nvm theres no heybot this week. Guess I'll just go get some crack instead

phaze

Sangatsu 05

Putting aside "My Auntie Can't Possibly Be This Comically Evil", I really liked the ep. Both Rei's big lie and the unintended consequences of his adoption are some heavy script choices but ones that imo don't go overboard and make the story more lifelike and his character more human.

Monster Strike 11-15

I've no idea how this 8 minute show based on a mobile game is so much fun. No, actually I do know why.

It doesn't take itself very seriously and has fun with itself but is at the same time tense during serious moments.
Basically it just oozes fun.

Opario! Glad someone else is watching.

Youre still at the best ED too

Cornbread78

3-Gatsu ep.5
Such a different experience from last week. This finally gave us a ton of information into Rei's disposition. (Seriously, fuck his family) You gave to feel for the kid and everything he's been through. I mean hus "shogi sister" was a royal total bitch though. I mean I get how she felt pushed out (thanks for the cuckoo bird reference) but that doesn't mesn she gets to openly
punch him in the face and beat the shit outta him
she is going to show up later, isn't she?

Jex

No interest in A Silent Voice at all but I'm sure it'll be a solid flick all the same, depending on when it finishes I might even have to jet a little early. Hopefully I can get there on time and collect my tickets and get a good seat!
I'm actually taking Monday off because otherwise I can't make it back in time for work.
We might even be sitting next to each other!
I can confirm that while the view is the best in the house, the padding isn't exactly perfect!

Thud

Tiger Mask W Episode 6
download_1.png

I'd buy that. It's adorable.

Pretty eh episode. Had some nice action in the middle, but the conflict around the idols just wasn't enjoyable. Also why did the idols sound like they were 35?

They sound and look like men. Then they started singing and now I'm confused.

Cornbread78

Izetta ep.6
Damn, I was not expecting that ending to play out thd way it did. Thankfully,
the secret didn't get out, however, the supression act was friggen brutal
Also, looks like we are going to fibd out more next week on what other occult secrets thr Germanians have.

The rest of the episode had a real lighthearted tone to it with some comedy and harmless/useless fanservice.

Jintor

kiss him not me 1

Rapid Fire comedy is pretty effective but the underlying message is kinda depressing.

Gf made me watch it

Thud

Had to take a break from playing Xanadu Next, so good.

Tiger Mask W6

When luffy twins meet wrestle fangirls -> not cute.
Gorilla with a scmitar chasing a tiger -> nice
Tiger Mask merchandise -> rip wallet

Welp, these kind of episodes also exist I guess.

3 gatsu 5 Lion

Strong contrast with last weeks episode. Rei beats Ayumu in shogi, Ayumu becomes an otaku. Rei beats Kyoko in shogi, Kyoko beats Rei with fists.

People are very strange these days.

Next episode will be more lighthearted again.

Just T

Izetta: 1

Very interesting start, Finé seems like a good lead so far from first impressions, going to need Izetta to tone down that screaming though.

I really do wonder if the anime industry is approaching the point where it becomes unsustainable and the whole thing collapses. Not only are there increasingly greater numbers of delays and production collapses seen in TV anime, but I'm noticing more and more people from the industry speaking up on Twitter and other places about how the industry is simply being asked to make more anime than it can handle. The latest is French animator Thomas Romain, employed at Satelight, in a series of tweets prompted by Long Riders' continued delays:

Will anime die not because too few people wanted it, but because too many people did?

With more and more studios doing split cour for anything over 13 episodes, is the industry becoming more lenient on the production side? Or is it too set in stone to change

Cornbread78

Magical Girl Raising Project ep.6
Oh my, this was a HUUUUGE escalation in blood and despair. The action scene was pretty intense, but I was not expecting
La Pucelle to get killed so soon and especially not THAT WAY!! Daaaamn.
What a brutal way to go and very unexpected at this point in the story. I thought
Calamity Jane
was going to do all the murdering of other magical girls. Magicloid's
murder was also chilling
and thst cliffhanger yo, damn!

Izetta: 1

Oh hey, welcome back from the grayzone!!!

Dragon Ball Super 65

Lol, Zamasu gave all his attacks dopey try hard names, like blades of judgement. Next week looks rad.

Cwifl1l_UAAA_kc_V.jpg

Zamasu appears to be turning into a Resident Evil monster.

With more and more studios doing split cour for anything over 13 episodes, is the industry becoming more lenient on the production side? Or is it too set in stone to change

I don't think that's really an example of leniency per se. Split cour is basically a delay writ large - as Romain talks about, they want to get the production started right away to put the pressure on and make sure it gets done, but they know the studio won't be able to produce the whole show at once so they build in a mid-show break into the process to allow for more time. The only thing that can stem this problem. is if the number of anime series being ordered drops considerably.

Articalys

I've heard official subtitles on sites like Crunchyroll and Daisuki are getting worse too, with more frequent typos and mistranslations; is there any truth to that?

duckroll

Will anime die not because too few people wanted it, but because too many people did?

Is the overproduction of anime a result of there being too much demand for anime from consumers or is there just too much anime being made because content producers feel the need to flood the market to increase the odds of finding success with at least one show?

Is the overproduction of anime a result of there being too much demand for anime from consumers or is there just too much anime being made because content producers feel the need to flood the market to increase the odds of finding success with at least one show?

"Too many people" here can mean too many companies/producers/marketers, not necessarily too many average audience members.

Not absurd at all, I'm completly serious. Occultic hits every right notes for me and is amazing in every way. The only show that comes close this season to O;9 is Haikyu and I'll stand by my opinion every week.

Calling it the best show of the season like it's an objective fact is stretching it though, don't you think?

It's fine to have your own opinion and all, but your impressions don't say what Occult;Nine has over all the other shows airing this season. You just keep pointing out that you like the show and its characters while pretty much stating the events that happened in the episode. Which I admit is what I do most of the time as well.

However you're not making a real case for the show other than that. You could explain your reasoning. You're not going to convince anybody by saying that you're right and everybody else is wrong just because you like the show.

Jarmel

Banned

Probably a combination of both? Everybody wants their light novel animated and the producers want to flood the market so they don't take a heavy loss on any individual show.

It feels though as if we're reaching a breaking point of a niche market where there aren't enough fans to support the number of productions.

Quasar

Is it any different to what people claim is 'peak tv' in the US with too much content being made for people to consume and shows cancelled super quickly if they don't find an immediate audience?

I guess that's one thing we haven't seen, anime getting cancelled after 3 episodes due to no audience. Of course that's due to money coming in from disc sales and not broadcast licensing I guess.

That would be a nightmare for me of course given I much more into nichey shows than popular shonen ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom