• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters 6:
CwgQjOAXUAAVTCp.jpg
CwgRlEQXUAAYVeB.jpg
CwgTncBUsAEnbCo.jpg

This episode had me cracking up quite a bit. A lot of the scenes with Perorimon were just fantastic, with some great expressions from everyone. It was nice to have the episode focus almost entirely on Eri. Last week she was mostly sharing the spotlight with Haru, so this was a good chance to see what makes her tick more. And it helped to shift the focus of the show some from the previous episodes. I also cracked up a lot when
Dosukomon just one punched Gomimon while Haru and Gatchmon were in the middle of doing their search thing.

Every week I remain really impressed with this show. It's kept up the quality really well through six episodes, and in fact I think it's only continuing to build up as it goes along. Both Haru and Eri have been fleshed out really well, along with the main Appmon, and we already have a pretty interesting main plot bubbling under the surface. And I've been pleasantly surprised on the production side. While it's hardly the best looking show ever, Toei has kept up a reasonable level of quality so far, with every episode having at least a few examples of some really nice art.

Qurupeke

Some of these screencaps remind that the new Pokemon anime is coming soon. And many new, hilarious reaction faces along with it. I can't wait.

pbayne

ClassicaLoid 5

I should really catch up with this. Time Bokan too.

Haikyuu 5
Despite how great the show remains, I do find myself unable to fully get into this at times. Since the proper final sort of happened in the last match and the emotional payoff against the big rivals has already come (which tbf ive experienced that feeling personally as well), I just see shiratorizwa as just some other random team at times.

Great Passage 4
Lol I like this show but fuck it throws some really strange elements at the wall sometimes. I just tilt my head and wonder what the fuck they were thinking sometimes with insert op, the really awkward dialogue towards the end ot those goofy little middle of the episode segments.

All Out 5
Its pretty quaint to see an anime a coach say “stop training so hard you fucking morons.” The coach is pretty great.

Flip Flappers 5
This should have aired on Monday.

Yuri on Ice 5
Off looked a bit dodgy this week. A hyperactive, impossibly haired kid enters; yep this is definitely a shounen sports show all right.

Digimon Appli Monsters 5
Using a d-pad for attacks is pretty awesome.

javac

Going to the Leeds International Film Festival tomorrow, got tickets for the Animation Day which comprises of the following:

11:00
VxEzezS.jpg

Kizumonogatari – Part 1: Tekketsu & Part 2: Nekketsu
Running Time: 124 mins

13:45
3m2VKp4.jpg

Belladonna of Sadness
Running Time: 93 mins

15:45
UQeFjme.jpg

The Red Turtle + Father and Daughter
Running Time: 88 mins

18:00
BjwyzOa.jpg

Psychonauts, the Forgotten Children
Running Time: 76 mins

20:00
5RMfmrk.jpg

A Silent Voice
Running Time: 129 mins

The Venue:
yytCJqI.jpg

It's my birthday today so I thought that I'd treat myself to some animation goodness! Anyone else here going?

Happy b-day javac!

Bubuki Buranki 18

While I was expecting Ms. Secretary to betray Guy I wasn't expecting her to be Hazama in disguise. Pretty funny revelation.
Kaoruko is gonna beat the shit out of Guy when she gets her hands on him I swear.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (Subtitled) Episode 57 – Kaiser Versus Edo! A Pro League Duel

Kaiser could have avoided the lost if he didnt forget about that face down. Wonder how Juudai can beat Edo Phoenix

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Izetta Episode 6:

I get that they wants to show a momentary respite in idyllic times but this episode kind of leaned a little too heavy on seemingly pointless slice of life activities. Also, I think we ran through the entire gamut of tonality as we beginning with some pointless prattle about how to conduct yourself as a right and proper member of the court to
Private Jonas getting executed in cold blood because he knew too much and had to be silenced.

blurr

Going to the Leeds International Film Festival tomorrow, got tickets for the Animation Day which comprises of the following:

It's my birthday today so I thought that I'd treat myself to some animation goodness! Anyone else here going?

1. Happy Birthday
2. JEALOUS!!!!
3. BEST BIRTHDAY

The Venue:
yytCJqI.jpg

Happy bday. Thats a lovely venue. Hope youre not in the back.

/XX/

And I've made some corrections to my Your Name location posts:
http://mikehattsu.blogspot.com/search/label/your name
Have you visited Hida City already? Its town council put up a detailed pilgrimage route that apparently many visitors are following:

映画「君の名は。」に一部イメージとして登場する飛騨市を満喫しよう!|おすすめコース|飛騨市公式観光サイト「飛騨の旅」
http://www.hida-kankou.jp/model/1000000603/

It is tskobaya-approved too.

Of course it is when Nichijō resurfaces that Ultimadrago comes back to home. Welcome again!

phaze

Soul Eater 22

Well okay then.

SE frog > BNHA frog

Haikyuu 05

Didn't they already, in the first episode, made it a point they're just mostly trying to narrow down Shiratorizawa's big dude's target area thus enabling their libero to try to deal with it ? Felt weird having it repeated. EP was bit on a dull side with not much of interest transpiring character wise and way too much perfunctory tactical monologues.

Sound Euphonium

Well, now I feel dumb. Somehow I think always assumed they already qualified for the nationals in the previous season and now were training for that and not yet another ladder step. Do Hakyuu peeps too have yet another obstacle before they get to Nationals ?

While I enjoyed the performance and finally hearing the track I've been hearing about for last 4 eps, this competition only reminded me that I can't bring myself to care much about the music and rivalry aspect of it all. The other contestants are completely anonymous entities whose performance we don't get to see and who are all judged by anonymous and cryptic jury. The previous season at least had some Reina and Kumiko stuff that upped the personal stakes but with the silly Mizore character being their kinda their counterpart here and it being episode 5, making it obvious they wouldn't fail, the tension was just completely absent.

Sterok

Shuumatsu no Izetta 6

Of course we need more goofy stuff. Does Fine need to turn everything into an epic speech, or does she just like doing that? Jonas manages to not completely blow everything, but at a cost.

DiGiKerot

Happy bday. Thats a lovely venue. Hope youre not in the back.

Can't make Leeds this year annoyingly (I've seen all the anime programming already, though I would like to see The Red Turtle, and definitely want to see Silent Voice again, but that's too late in the day for me to swing), but the best seats in the Leeds Town Hall are generally the front row of the balcony anyway.

javac

Can't make Leeds this year annoyingly (I've seen all the anime programming already, though I would like to see The Red Turtle, and definitely want to see Silent Voice again, but that's too late in the day for me to swing), but the best seats in the Leeds Town Hall are generally the front row of the balcony anyway.

Thanks for the tip! :) Also, sorry to hear that you can't attend, can't wait to see The Red Turtle!

Thanks! I'll definitely be reviewing The Red Turtle after watching it, and maybe I'll review the rest of the line up too if given the time! :)

UtaPri Legend Star Episode 6 – Lovely Eyes\

Would definitely watch Jingunji Ren in a tv courtroom drama. That was much better than all of the Ace Attorney anime combined. I couldnt tear my eyes away in all the scenes versus Van.

I think fourth or fifth best song this season, though, I cant wait for Jingunji's solo song on the cd.

DiGiKerot

Thanks for the tip! :) Also, sorry to hear that you can't attend, can't wait to see The Red Turtle!

The general warning I give to anyone going to see movies at Leeds in the main town hall is that, because it's a town hall rather than a dedicated theatre that they are playing the movies in, the makeshift screen they use, whilst high-quality[*], is mounted atypically high. If you sit in the kind of spots you normally would in a cinema for an entire days worth of animated movie programming, you will probably hurt your neck by staring upwards the entire day.

The front of the balcony is a reasonable distance from the screen and has you looking downwards. It's totally the most comfortable place to sit for a full day of movie screenings.

[*] The one exception being that year they played Eva 2.0 in the wrong aspect ratio, and turned the volume down during the credits. I had to yell at them to turn it back up because I already knew about the post-credit sequence...

Jarmel

Banned
Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans-30

This season has been kinda shit. It feels like we're retreading a lot of the same damn ground we already covered in S1.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods
KDn7961.gif

It was a fun movie and finally seeing Lord Beerus in action after months of seeing him in images and then seeing how he is in Xenoverse 2 was fun. Somebody who just makes all of the characters his bitch was great.

Vegeta stole the show though. The Bingo dance (also in Xenoverse 2) and seeing him so fucking nervous scrambling around to please Lord Beerus was the highlight of the whole film. I'll watch the frieza movie later today.

No matter what people think about the new movies and super, I don't think I've heard anyone complain about Beerus.

I'm sure they're out there, because internet, but Beerus is legit great.

Sterok

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku 6

Uh oh, starting off with Magicaloid's backstory. Never a good sign. She's an odd one, running away from home, yet being kind to people helping her. La Pucelle vs Cranberry was bloody. First two fights weren't nearly this bad.
I should stop predicting. Cranberry is brutal. La Pucelle never stood a chance. And then to go out via car accident. Not pretty. Seems that Cranberry knows more of what's going on is conspiring with Fav. I don't see 8 of them surviving at this point. Snow White is starting to break down. Even she couldn't remain pure for long. But she can't break down fast enough. Swim Swim gets points for really looking out for her team. Setting herself up as the final boss. Maybe Tama has a chance to survive all this with her new cloak. Top Speed is looking more and more likely to be pregnant. Mary's idea of loyalty is weird, but I guess she figured if Magicaloid was willing to cross the line for her, she can probably be used. Too bad she chose to target the near immortal Hardgore Alice. So long Magicaloid 44. You were a great robot. Alice is probably going to be on Snow White's side for the moment. Doesn't look like the ideal kind of ally, but Snow White needs whoever she can get at this point.

Girlish Number 1+2

Had to check this out after finding out its written by the SNAFU author. Chitose is hilarious but everyone in this show are unlikeable so far. Its gonna be great when we find out that Yae actually does have a black heart.

Solid show so far. Will keep watching. I really hate that sound producer Tarou wannabe guy. I liked his attempt at sexual harassment with the "sexcuse me" though. That was funny.

March comes in like a lion 05

Yeah I can see why Rei is so withdrawn. I don't really know what to make of this show yet. Its 24 episodes right? I can't really tell how much I like it and I haven't read the manga to compare.

I like Beerus because he's not so much of a villain in the traditional sense. He's comedic, he has a sweet tooth and still can hang out with the good guys and have fun. But if he gets pissed off he'll blow up your whole planet. What a petty fucking god haha.

Beerus/Whis > Cell > Black/Zamasu > King Piccolo > Vegeta > Pilaf > Freeza > Commander Red > Buu > Baby > Super 17 > Shadow Dragons

I like Beerus because he's not so much of a villain in the traditional sense. He's comedic, he has a sweet tooth and still can hang out with the good guys and have fun. But if he gets pissed off he'll blow up your whole planet. What a petty fucking god haha.

He's almost like a Greek God. Extremely powerful with vices and petty as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom