• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beerus/Whis > Cell > Black/Zamasu > King Piccolo > Vegeta > Pilaf > Freeza > Commander Red > Buu > Baby > Super 17 > Shadow Dragons

He's almost like a Greek God. Extremely powerful with vices and petty as hell

which is all the more interesting when his design is based off an Egyptian one. But maybe Egyptian mythology had Gods like this. Maybe I'll watch that movie with all of the white egyptian gods to learn about them

I would put Cell behind Freeza because Cell kind of sucks past Imperfect.

But Norio Wakamoto...

which is all the more interesting when his design is based off an Egyptian one. But maybe Egyptian mythology had Gods like this. Maybe I'll watch that movie with all of the white egyptian gods to learn about them

I think most pantheons have the stories of Gods being petty jerk asses, not just Greek

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
3 Lions Episode 5:

Right, I am officially out of fucks to give about the alleged comedy this series keeps trying to sprinkle unto itself. It is especially frustrating because outside of the god damned talking animals this was a return to form because damn this series can certainly weave a tale of isolation, stress, distention, melancholy, tragedy and abuse and I can relate to that miasma of emotion. At least until a dog with an inner monologue process starts chasing around a girl and the only thing missing is the Benny Hill theme.

Jex

Going to the Leeds International Film Festival tomorrow, got tickets for the Animation Day which comprises of the following:

It's my birthday today so I thought that I'd treat myself to some animation goodness! Anyone else here going?

Hey, I'm going too! Or, to be more accurate, I have already arrived.

javac

Hey, I'm going too! Or, to be more accurate, I have already arrived.

Nice! I assume for the full animation day? What are you most looking forward to, also have you had the pleasure of seeing any of these already? I'm so stoked, but I have a feeling that Monday is going to be rough :p

Magical Girl Raising Project 6

Why spoil the big surprise at the end in such a dumb way? The scene was totally lacking tension after they outright spoiled what would happen with the eye catch. Both of the battle scenes had pretty obvious conclusions, but it was still a mostly interesting episode.

Sekhmet was a warrior Goddess who was sent to slay a few mortals that were plotting against Ra. She was so psyched, she ended up killing most of humanity. In order to stop the destruction, she was tricked into drinking a ton of wine that looked like blood. She got drunk and passed out and humanity was saved.

Metal as fuck.

Just T

Natsume Yuujinchou Go: 5

Neat, a Taki episode. It was pretty good too, it had some bittersweet touches. The way he explained the circle from another perspective and the monologue at the end but it weaved nicely into that ED.

NeonZ

See I was thinking about this and I guess the only way we'll find out if they'll be taking ANY element from GT is if Pan is born

edit: apparently I'm late to the party and
she's already been born
lol

Pan first appeared in the last two chapters of Z though, not in GT.

this is strange. Pan is born in this movie. But I know I've seen images of Videl gathering energy with the other saiyans for Goku by putting her hand behind his back. So what is Resurrection F not set before Super?

Qurupeke

3-gatsu 5
The comically evil aunt really is more than a bit much. Even Jun Maeda is more subtle than this.

Ha, it's funny but I don't think she was unrealistic, no matter the hyperbole in her depiction. I've met people like her in funerals and they managed to nail how much she fails to hide her true face.

Ascheroth

Girlish Number #4

I kinda feel sorry for the author. The whole production is such a clusterfuck from the very beginning, they couldn't even get episode 1 ready for the prescreening event and the actual broadcast was shit as well.
The whole twitter reactions were pretty hilarious. And Chitose being Chitose, lol.

Ha, it's funny but I don't think she was unrealistic, no matter the hyperbole in her depiction. I've met people like her in funerals and they managed to nail how much she fails to hide her true face.

It's not that people like that don't exist, but the shots of her smugly talking about how she'll send her nephew to a good orphanage actually made me laugh because of how ridiculous it was depicted. The narration didn't help things either.

Jex

Nice! I assume for the full animation day? What are you most looking forward to, also have you had the pleasure of seeing any of these already? I'm so stoked, but I have a feeling that Monday is going to be rough :p

Yes, I have a full day pass. I haven't seen any of them before, but I'm most looking forward to A Silent Voice.

Just T

Bubuki Buranki: 18

It's still weird Azuma straight up left his sister in the last episode. Guess him bonding with Reoko will be beneficial. And it's also weird they just let Azuma walk at the end thinking he would reach anywhere in time.

DAYS Episode 18 – Tell Me, Kimishita: You Can Do It, Right?
CwhdH7kWEAArCbd.jpg:small
Cwhdq5vWgAAszj7.jpg:small

I didnt know thats a penalty.

Weird plot
kazama and tsukishi drama should have lasted more than a portion of the match

DiGiKerot

that doesn't answer the question but I guess I won't find out the answer until the anime gets a dub and I start watching it.

Super retells both Battle of Gods and Resurrection F at the start of the series. Not watched it, but I gather the material for both is handled way, way worse in the TV version, but I guess some of the differences play into how the show develops from then on.

Magical Girl Raising Project 6
Poor La Pucelle, I really wanted the ship with Snow White to sail. So of course she had to go. That said, I can't believe we got 2 deaths this episode. That was absolutely brutal and I loved every moment of it.

I honestly thought for a moment that the new girl was going to be permanently offed, thinking that it was a fake out, but halfway through that scene I began to think something was off. Either way, I did not expect that Metalloid would also be offered in the episode too.

So now I'm assuming the new girl Alice is going to team up with Snow White... though I wonder if they will expand their team some more too. Part of me thinks they may join up with Top Speed and Ripple to form a party of 4, but I'm not sure.

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F

The CG fights were particularly noticeable. But as a whole I really enjoyed it. The one downside is that I didn't have more Whis and Beerus who are slowly becoming two of my favorite characters with how OP and goofy they are. A DBZ world where Goku isn't the strongest being around and regularly gets clowned around has made his character as well so much more interesting.

And I see that Vegeta is like a high school girl who thinks holding hands is lewd. He's all

I-it's not like i want to hold your hand Goku-kun. It's only because I have to! b-bakaaaaaa!

The whole film felt like fan service. I actually laughed out loud at the point Frieza and Goku are staring at each other in their best form and are like giving each other 'fuck me' eyes. God get a room already.

"This shall be an epic battle"

lmao. Too good. Then Vegeta comes and continues to be the best Saiyan.

Super retells both Battle of Gods and Resurrection F at the start of the series. Not watched it, but I gather the material for both is handled way, way worse in the TV version, but I guess some of the differences play into how the show develops from then on.

A damn. Shame. I guess I'll find episodes with differences and watch them.

Jex

Can't make Leeds this year annoyingly (I've seen all the anime programming already, though I would like to see The Red Turtle, and definitely want to see Silent Voice again, but that's too late in the day for me to swing), but the best seats in the Leeds Town Hall are generally the front row of the balcony anyway.
Thanks for the tip, sitting there now!

Tiger Mask W 06

Words cannot describe how disappointed I am that an episode called "Idol vs Heel" - Two things I like very much - turned out like this. I'm mad.

Yeah. There are some minor changes (in BoG its on a cruise ship for Bulma's Birthday and they added some scenes of people like Yamcha and Chiatzou palling around with Beerus which is funny, RoF just adds more chump Freeza mook fights but also Ginyu) but they are just overextended and inferior to the movies for the most part.

Its worth watching the one-off comedy episodes before and after those two arcs though. DB was always good at that and Super is some of the best.

Narag

Tiger Mask W 6

Riot started by wrestling fan girls angry at idols impugning the integrity of the sport. We're not worthy.

NeonZ

Those 27 episodes are often a mess - and not only animation-wise. Some of the differences introduced by Super's remakes are actually ignored by Super itself when the story picks up afterwards. The one big change from Super's version of the events that does stick though is that the gap between Beerus and Goku is actually much larger than suggested in the Battle of Gods movie.

I wanted to ask this, but is the movie trilogy really the best way to watch the OG? Because I watched the 3 movies and I found they were really too long, and because of that they got mostly boring.

Basically, should I give the 42 episodes series a chance or I'll get the same experience?

Thud

I'll advise you not to watch the fight with Beerus, because it's a boring tug of war in Super.

Instead watch Goten and Trunks fight a snake or something like that. I'm not joking, pure entertainment.

javac

Yes, I have a full day pass. I haven't seen any of them before, but I'm most looking forward to A Silent Voice.
No interest in A Silent Voice at all but I'm sure it'll be a solid flick all the same, depending on when it finishes I might even have to jet a little early. Hopefully I can get there on time and collect my tickets and get a good seat!

Thanks for the tip, sitting there now!

We might even be sitting next to each other!

Just T

3-gatsu no Lion: 5

Seriously if they could just chill with the talking animals some scenes would get along just fine, it just feels like too much and the first part brought was down because of it, not all of it though of course because the good moments are still good but stuff like that are still a blight in this show.

The second part though was really good as they uncovered Rei's tragedy, he suffered a lot. His Aunt ain't shit, people like that are really messed up. The second family was all around terrible for Rei and the siblings. Their neglectful father was just too focused on shogi, relating everything back to it was bound to go bad.

phaze

Boy and the World

A brazilian, dialogue less movie that tells a tale of a young boy who leaves his home and ventures into the world looking for his father. And said world proceeds to dish out of hard life hard life lessons. A surprise really, cause I mostly expected a more or less traditional family movie and got a treatise on pitfalls of capitalism of sorts instead. It can drag in places or be less than subtle, like when it goes full Waltz with Bashir on you, but on the whole, it's an really enjoyable, both endearing and depressing piece of animation.

jgminto

Izetta 6
That was garbage, the comedic scenes were generic anime awfulness (let's compare titty sizes haha big/small jokes) and it shouldn't be so difficult to create drama that doesn't feel like contrived bullshit out of a fucking world war.

javac

Boy and the World

A brazilian, dialogue less movie that tells a tale of a young boy who leaves his home and ventures into the world looking for his father. And said world proceeds to dish out of hard life hard life lessons. A surprise really, cause I mostly expected a more or less traditional family movie and got a treatise on pitfalls of capitalism of sorts instead. It can drag in places or be less than subtle, like when it goes full Waltz with Bashir on you, but on the whole, it's an really enjoyable, both endearing and depressing piece of animation.

That looks beautiful, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Tiger Mask W Episode 6
download_1.png

I'd buy that. It's adorable.

Pretty eh episode. Had some nice action in the middle, but the conflict around the idols just wasn't enjoyable. Also why did the idols sound like they were 35?

Occultic;Nine 5

OMG the best show of the season keeps getting better every week. The mystery went forward a lot this time and we now know where the key might go.
dcbe242ae285685891a6d5b57cfbdf70.jpg

I really loved the characters interaction this episode, mainly the 1 conversation between Moritsuka and Gamon, it went so fast and yet bam! cornered. Really great. Moritsuka stays my favourite character too! I love his smirk and is mischievous yet innocent face.
9ba10a8cce8a8556c9d3aa06964860b9.jpg
555e74fbda619f4044480e3765feea25.jpg

I have some ideas as to what some things might be, but it's all speculation at this point. it's crazy what a BL doujin can hide in term of secrets.

Also I got to say this again, but damn this show is amazing visually.

MAN these episode go by too fast, BRING me next week now!

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

there is actually no reason to play this game over Titanfall 2 unless you want a half assed zombie mode

Cuz its not very good. I might be able to get over the character designs if there was anything else appealing about it.
It's better than "Tits and Ass Showdown!!!!!!!", I'll tell you that much...
Oh, and I realized it's just here on GAF. People are liking Drifters, as they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom