• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep mentally associating "TF2" with Team Fortresss 2 instead of Titanfall 2, lol.

I bought BF1 at launch. It's a fun and absolutely amazing game, but I'll echo what I posted on the TF2 thread: matches take a tiny bit too long (shit is hitting the fan at school now, I want quick action), and this is something that only gets worse if you play with randos that don't know what they are doing. No one spots enemies, captures points or plays their roles accordingly. It's very frustrating without a solid group. The progression system is fucked up past level 4 on all classes too. Still Operations is the real deal, when you have a good match going. Just make sure you have the time to play through the entire map.

Also, TF2 has fucking mechs. BF1 doesn't.

Word of mouth on TF2 had me curious. Apparently population keeps growing even with IW out now. I think this is a game with legs, and it'll be just like Rainbow Six with time.

Yeah as awesome as BF1's Operations mode looks, I wonder how many times I'll have "that one awesome moment" related to how frustrated I'll be.

Besides...

The TF2 campaign is fucking awesome.

I'm more interested in how the single player campaign of TF2 lives up to the hype.

sonicmj1

By actually having game design.

To elaborate on this, it actually tries to find new ways to use its primary game mechanics (read: player mobility) over the course of the campaign, instead of being just a succession of shooting galleries and setpiece moments. Levels are largely designed to be fun first, instead of sticking slavishly to some story track.

You also get to have boss fights in your mech against various properly-established villains.

Just T

Keijo: 1

Someone really wanted me to check this out. It was as absurd as I expected it to be lol but the animation seemed really good. Not really interested in continuing it right now though.

pbayne

Patlabor Reboot

That was pretty cool. What sacrifice do i need to make to the saviors of mecha anime, Netflix, to get a full series?

duckroll

Red Turtle was amazing but Belladonna had me shook and I can't stop thinking about it. Listening to the soundtrack right now actually. The Red Turtle was legit tho, not what I expected when going in which Jex also agreed upon, not a bad thing at all tho, in the end I loved it to bits ad I'm so glad that I got to see it on the big screen.

Michael Dudok de Wit was actually supposed to make an appearance but had to cancel, so they instead showed his short Father and Daughter which was equally beautiful, I can see why Takahata was captivated by his work.

Jex just confirmed with me again that Red Turtle "did not really excite" him and it was "the worst movie I (ever) saw". Who do I believe?! Sounds like total fucking shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit to me!!

DiGiKerot

Jex just confirmed with me again that Red Turtle "did not really excite" him and it was "the worst movie I (ever) saw". Who do I believe?! Sounds like total fucking shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit to me!!

Jex also seemed lukewarm on Silent Voice as well, though. Frankly, I'm not sure either is to be trusted!

Picturing the scene of jex sitting there bubbling in rage huffing and puffing as jav is sitting there n tears from how beautiful the movie is and then jex lookimg in complete befuddlement at the tears is such a compelling situation to think about

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Picturing the scene of jex sitting there bubbling in rage huffing and puffing as jav is sitting there n tears from how beautiful the movie is and then jex lookimg in complete befuddlement at the tears is such a compelling situation to think about

I really don't need to know about Jex and his JAV habits.

Keijo: 1

Someone really wanted me to check this out. It was as absurd as I expected it to be lol but the animation seemed really good. Not really interested in continuing it right now though.

Keijo is the greatest anime I've seen all day. Still not quite sure what to make of it though.

Remember when animeGAF was a place for people with excellent taste? Back in the days we didn't have silly Monogatari best girl discussions because everyone accepted Senjougahara-sama as best girl.

end of discussion

Qurupeke

Remember when animeGAF was a place for people with excellent taste? Back in the days we didn't have silly Monogatari best girl discussions because everyone accepted Senjougahara-sama as best girl.

end of discussion

Well said. We can still argue about the second best girl though.

Cornbread78

Operations = Penetrations

22RcVYq.jpg

no joke...

end of discussion

Well said. We can still argue about the second best girl though.

My homies, hells yeah.

Be0HBbh.jpg

Cornbread78

end of discussion

Keijo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is AMAZING.

Thanks to that Kotaku chick for the excellent preview plus you anibros in the feminist recommended anime thread for hyping it.

It really feels like watching Slam Dunk again.

LOL, I totally missed Duckroll's closing comments to the thread previously:

Duckroll's legislation:
Looks like discussion has mostly fizzled out and the next direction for the discussion cycle will be anime recommendations again. Yes, yes, anime sucks. Maybe one day if these disgusting anime producers cleaned up their act, the medium can have the recognition it deserves like respectable entertainment content producers. Until then, see you guys in the next "I hate anime" thread

bravo

JulianImp

no joke...

My homies, hells yeah.

Be0HBbh.jpg

Ah, the good old Ch16.5... I still can't believe such a thing actually exists.

Was there ever any doubt that crab girl is best girl? Because she is. Monkey comes close, but only because she's voiced by GOAT Sawashiro.

Kaiki is still the best secret route waifu, though.

91 Days Episode 3 Engdub

Way better in english and more memorable. Feel like Im more into and feeling the emotions in this version.

Monster Hunter Stories Ride On Episode 2 A Monstie Is Born! (engdub)
Cwqwjb8XUAAEePk.jpg:small

Cheval and Lute are the best bros, like I said a few episodes later, we need the Lute background given, just the tidbits here and there make it so compelling, especially if his parents were exception Monstie Rider.

Victory Gundam 1-3

Wow this start is probably my favourite from the all Tomino's Gundam shows I watched. Uso is a great protagonist too so far which helps a lot.

What I liked so far is the early mook suit battles and the city of Uwig's situation. The atmosphere is great, the story is up to a strong start!

Also I'll point out that I love the art style so far and god damn that ending, Winners Forever is pretty ace!

Cornbread78

Mob Psycho- END
dF3SeWT.jpg

nQHcw6M.jpg

wO8hyDR.jpg

Damn, that battle was crazy for the entire beginning and was surprised/happy that
Reigen was alive, well and ready to kick some serious a$$
He also finally got the ability to see the evil spirits and maybe in the future he can
Share Mob's powers again and become a even more bada$$ again.
Really good stuff and will rank pretty high on my 2016 AoTY list, just not as high as some others. Also that dinner table scene with the bros was pretty funny as well as the rest f the closing scenes.... S2 when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom