• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_i

tumblr_o9iuqqRW1O1s5u04yo3_1280.png

I really, really need to see this in action.

All guys are buff in anime.
Okay, most of them are.

javac

Nice write up Jex, you're a braver man than I, I don't even know where to begin with describing the ensemble of events that occurred on screen during the 12 hours that we spent in that wonderful building in front of that large screen, and like the animations that appeared on that very screen the day itself was larger than life with a dichotomy of beautiful, intricate representations of the world of animation juxtaposed with the more eccentric. I think its this diversity that I really took a liking to and I think its this pacing of films as you said that made something like Kizu more tolerable for me because something else polar opposite was waiting around the other corner.

Man I don't know if I'll ever be able to bring myself to care about anything Monogatari.

I wish I could be as hyped for Kizu as the rest of you, haha.

I didn't like it at all, but I'm glad that I got to see it, like I said, variety is the spice of life.

I love variety in my shows, but man whenever I think of the first few episodes of Bakemonogatari I watched, all I can think is: "I'm just not getting it." And that makes me sad because literally everybody except one guy I know on here and Anitwitter loves this series.

I thought you were Canadian. It's in the books, if you live here you cry on GAF about the movie not airing in theaters.

The only tears I shed for Monogatari are the tears of me not being able to love it like the rest of you.

I haven't watched Kizu II yet, but what I liked about Kizu I most was the strong atmosphere present in its long dialogue-less contemplative stretches, such as Araragi wandering outside at the very opening or his slow trek through the subway station following the trail of blood. The ambient music added a lot to those scenes. I've said this before, but the film feels like the most Oshii-style thing that has come out in a long time (well, 009 Re:Cyborg felt like it was somewhat trying to ape Oshii but it wasn't at all successful at that). Personally I doubt I will like II as much if it abandons those kinds of scenes, as I've heard it does, but obviously I won't judge it before I've seen it.

javac

I love variety in my shows, but man whenever I think of the first few episodes of Bakemonogatari I watched, all I can think is: "I'm just not getting it." And that makes me sad because literally everybody except one guy I know on here and Anitwitter loves this series.

I guess I was speaking more in regards to the variety of showings at the film festival itself! Not watched any of the -gatari series prior to this and went into the film with zero expectations and even-though I didn't like it, I felt that it was a net positive, as someone who just loves film and animation I find that it's nice to step out of your comfort zone and experience something you mightn't have watched otherwise every once in a while, almost like a re-calibration of sorts it allows you to further contextualize and maybe even appreciate other works more.

Don't be sad that others like something that you don't feel a part of, we're all in this thread as a community due to the shared interest in animation but the vastness and variety that is to be found within anime means that sub-communities form around particular series, studios and directors, everybody has something that they gravitate towards. If wanting to branch out and make new friends is a reason for you to watch something you mightn't otherwise that's fine too, as long as you're having fun and feel it to be a positive experience there's nothing wrong with that.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
Shokugeki no Soma S2: season 3 is almost certain for this one right? it is still very entertaining, the food always looks delicious and i love the characters.

Alderamin in the Sky: this is one of the surprises of last season, i hope someday it can continue in the form of anime.

Orange: very good and a very easy recommendation to make. Also i really liked the distinctive art style.

Ghost Trick: also very good and a very easy recommendation to make. Charming characters, the humor worked very well for me, and animation(wish i had a Cabanela gif).

my sister has bugging me to watch sword art online for a while now, so today i will start that. It's gonna be interesting experience at the very least.

Clov

All the Oshii mentions are making me miss his animated work more. I'm not even sure what to make of Sand Whale and Me; I thought it was just going to be a CG anime, but apparently it's using live action actors. I'll still give it a watch, but... I can't help but feel that it just won't be the same.

I really wish Nowhere Girl was in a theater near me, out of his recent live action work that one intrigued me the most.

Cornbread78

Scrapped Princess ep.3
You really have to feel bad for her being constantly on the run, with no stability or friends. The whole Winnie meeting and events of this episode just highlight that pain pain and exclusion she feels. Now, that little spec ops boy, I really hope ge gets it good from big bro.

Baalzebup

Scrapped Princess ep.3
You really have to feel bad for her being constantly on the run, with no stability or friends. The whole Winnie meeting and events of this episode just highlight that pain pain and exclusion she feels. Now, that little spec ops boy, I really hope ge gets it good from big bro.
Heh, have you already noted the naming theme the series has going?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Are there any GAF reviews of the various subscription sites? I'm considering subbing to one, just not sure which yet. The only specific stuff I want to watch are Love Live and SAO, but I love Romance/Slice of Life/Comedy manga.

Narag

Are there any GAF reviews of the various subscription sites? I'm considering subbing to one, just not sure which yet. The only specific stuff I want to watch are Love Live and SAO, but I love Romance/Slice of Life/Comedy manga.

My review: CR is cheap and convenient and their player no longer fucking sucks so good enough.

Crunchyroll is the only choice, unless you want English dubs (Funimation) or want one of the very few anime on Netflix.

JulianImp

All guys are buff in anime.
Okay, most of them are.

I think him being a full-vampire at that point had something to do with his physique there. The best part is he got the cat in the bag (heh) even before he could allude to having vampiric charisma. Hanekawa's thirst had me reaching out for my non-existent drink in that scene, and then there was the "memento" she gave him before his final fight with Gillotine Cutter.

Still, I can get why someone would not like the series, since it has lots of peculiarities that might end up making it less appealing for some people, things which aren't limited just to the series' trademark lewdness.

haly im cheating on your with araragi

shredding some cheese on those abs

But then you'd be the wrong fire sister!
Unless you mean it in the yandere way, that is.

How can DTL like Monogatari? Araragi is the only prevalent male character! The other four don't even matter that much!

Count with me: The main series has Araragi, Meme, Kaiki, some Episode and the guy Yotsugi killed for Koyomi, while the movies also have Dramaturgy and Guillotine Cutter in them. Of course the male side characters are outnumbered and get little screen time, but at least they get to exist in Araragi's portrayal of things, unlike the poor random townspeople which only show up when freaking Kaiki happens to be the one narrating the story. Oh, and then there's Ougi... maybe. So that makes for 6/7 non-Araragi male characters.

Quasar

Natsume Yujin-cho 5.06 - So nice to take my mind off that apocalyptic election result. And such a nice episode. Such a nice bird lady.

Line_HTX

So you're saying that Legend of the Galactic Heroes and maybe, possibly Fist of the North Star's wasteland desert world, knew of this 2016 Election?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom