• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the first Daimaou Piccolo, who is a different character altogether from Z piccolo (Who is actually Piccolo junior)

technically yes but they also call him Daimao's resurrection in several occasions. Regardless, look at him all angry and evil compared to 'holding hands is lewd' Piccolo.

cO2ftqe.jpg

look at this 18 year old lady killer.

PK Gaming

Flip Flappers 5

This anime is so good right now. It's really scratching that Space Dandy esque itch I've had for a while now, with its immensely charming cast, genuinely good humor, fun animation and strong desire of bringing something new to the table in each episode. Episode 5 is easily the strongest episode I've seen so far, with its amazing yuri flavored horror haunted house coupled with the groundhog day loop gimmick. And goddamn, that was perhaps the most brutal smackdown of yuri in modern anime. It was so overt in its message; the looping represented how widespread and repetitive yuri elements are now, the "contrived" romance between the girls representing the yuri baiting you constantly see in modern anime.

The only problem is, the anime itself is guilty of doing exactly what it's critiquing, lol. Regardless the episode was really enjoyable so far. Hopefully it keeps it going in the following episode, and jesus christ it better get a S2 since there's so much more they can mine out of the set up.

Cornbread78

Gosick ep.14
Ok, Victorica can be a crazy little shot, but I wasn't expecting her to pick a desk up and drop it on Avril (her love rival, even though she is unable to love, lol)

Good times with this one.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Flip Flappers 5
And goddamn, that was perhaps the most brutal smackdown of yuri in modern anime. It was so overt in its message; the looping how widespread and repetitive yuri elements are now, the "contrived" romance between the girls representing the yuri baiting you constantly see in modern anime.
What? Are you sure you are watching the right show?

a reminder that krillin learned to float before Goku did. Looks like Useless Bald Fuck will put that on his tomb.

Here lies Krillin:
1. Cheated Goku after Roshi's rock trial
2. Learned to levitate before Goku did
3. Married hot robot

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Don't mince words, how badly did I miss the "point"

My only other guess is that it was supposed to represent Cocona's potential queerness, but they'd never go there...right?
Uh, I would not really read into it very much beyond the very general and worn themes of repetition that comes with routine.

cj_iwakura

Danganronpa: Despair 05

I can see the Future ties again. Kind of sudden to focus so much on the Future Foundation people, well, and Komaeda I guess.

jonjonaug

Both Citrus and Netsuzou Trap just got anime announcements. Both are actual yuri (not bait) and are pretty good if very melodramatic.

Sword of the Stanger

What can I say other then this was one of the most amazing thing I ever saw? I'm still in shock from that final battle. It was pure beauty mixed with intense awesomeness. I would consider the whole movie a masterpiece. From the visuals to the characters and sound, I have not a single bad thing to say. Tobimaru and Kotaro's relationship played with my heart so much and seeing that poor little Kotaro all tied up was enought to make me shed a few tears.

So 10/10, best movie ever, masterpiece, would recommend to anybody, yes even your grandmother.

Got a few little extras to check on that blu-ray, so my journey with this aint all over yet.
------------------
Edit:so I just looked at the extras and that Pilot film was pretty cool, it had a sword fight and a creepy looking old man.

There is also a 50 minutes production report, holy shit. I'll have to check that later.

Those are some really nice extras.

Narag

Sword of the Stanger

What can I say other then this was one of the most amazing thing I ever saw? I'm still in shock from that final battle. It was pure beauty mixed with intense awesomeness. I would consider the whole movie a masterpiece. From the visuals to the characters and sound, I have not a single bad thing to say. Tobimaru and Kotaro's relationship played with my heart so much and seeing that poor little Kotaro all tied up was enought to make me shed a few tears.

So 10/10, best movie ever, masterpiece, would recommend to anybody, yes even your grandmother.

Got a few little extras to check on that blu-ray, so my journey with this aint all over yet.

BvmTQ24.gif

Cornbread78

Gosick ep.15
Well, another mystery solved, but many still remain, like what is a "gray wolf" and what does that mean for Victorica? I mean, they predicted Koujo and Victorica would be seperated physically, but would alway be "united by heart." This oninous vibe has stuck with the show for awhile, but Victorica's convo with big bro brought it back out again. It's especially tough, when you have yet another beautiful closing like:

Great closing, although, they both admit that a storm is coming that will seperate them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gundam 00 Movie

The first five minutes are worth watching.

As are the last five.

The rest is an alternate universe prequel to Eureka 7. Great idea in principle. Horrible execution. The giant space battle against CGI aliens is one of the dullest space fights ever made. The movie is a good 90 minutes longer than it needs to be.

Gundam 00 Movie

The first five minutes are worth watching.

As are the last five.

The rest is an alternate universe prequel to Eureka 7. Great idea in principle. Horrible execution. The giant space battle against CGI aliens is one of the dullest space fights ever made. The movie is a good 90 minutes longer than it needs to be.

No, that was Pocket Full of Rainbows. If you minus the prequel part, anyway.

On topic, Awakening of the Trailblazer is literally the worst mecha product I've ever seen. One of the only two things I've ever given a 1 on MAL.

jonjonaug

whens YuriCam

Never. :(

Still no one licensing it too. After AnoKiss and Murcielago got licensed this is the only one left that I'm dying for a license of.

So are these lesbians or craaaaaazy lesbians?

Not quite sure what you're insinuating here, but both Citrus and Netsuzou Trap are "trashy" in the same way as a telenovela/soap opera, not in the way you'd expect from something like Cross Ange or Valkyrie Drive. It's important to point out that both manga run in Yuri Hime, which (like most actual yuri) has a target audience that's mostly female. The characters are actual lesbians and are treated like actual people with their relationship being an actual thing with lots of melodrama.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Description
Nervous about being alone with her new boyfriend, Takeda, Yuma insists that her once angelic childhood friend, Hotaru and Hotaru's boyfriend come along for a double date. But when Hotaru begins to touch Yuma and volunteers herself as "practice", Yuma feels inner turmoil as she enjoys the now devilish Hotaru's kiss more than Takeda's.
Mmhm, yes I see

Genre
Adult Drama Romance School Life Smut Yuri
Uh huh.

Categories
21st Century Aggressive Female/s Betrayal Borderline H Caught in the Act Childhood friend/s Female Dominance French Kissing High School Infidelity Japan Lust Masturbation Moral Dilemma Netorare Partial Nudity Polite Male Lead Stolen Kiss Young Female Lead
Oh yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom