• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

Has there ever been another anime season that was this gay?
I'm not complaning, I'm just suprised.

Apart from Yuri on Ice, what else are we counting here? I'm always curious to see more.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I should probably give Yuri on Ice a watch.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Apart from Yuri on Ice, what else are we counting here? I'm always curious to see more.

Flip Flappers
Keijo
Euphonium
That DTL show with the gays
Gakuen Handsome
Kiss Him not Me

TrueBlue

Flip Flappers
Keijo
Euphonium
Gakuen Handsome
Kiss Him not Me

I'd say Euph has become considerably less gay since the opening episode of Season 2. Out of the others listed, Flip Flappers is the only one I'm watching.

Still, that's pretty cool!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Haikyuu Whatever Episode We Are On Now
pPW5IdR.jpg
The action in this is so disappointing when the entire show is just waist deep in the character's playing volleyball all the time. It's very manga-esque where you get the simple action and reaction shot, but when a ball is being bounced back and forth it would really help to track it more. As it is now the ball almost always leaves frame after being hit and it really diminishes the positioning of the characters. After all this time it's kind of disappointing that the sport is not really depicted very well, but this limited sports cinematography also winds up just feeling exceptionally monotonous and boring after so many episodes. The characters might be really hyped up more than ever but I can't say the same for myself.

Szadek

Flip Flappers
Keijo
Euphonium
Gakuen Handsome
Kiss Him not Me
There is only one this seasons?

Anyway:
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - Ep. 9-11
The revenge plan of the count take his first victims. It's pretty clear by now that he just doesn't want to kill these 3 man, but he wants to destory everything they have as well.
So yeah, Albert, you are all kinds of fucked and you don't even know it.
I really liked how the visuals got more and more crazy and abstarct as the woman lost her sanity.
Another good moment was the car chase,evem though it was never short. It was obviously CG, but the show already looks so weird that it didn't matter in the slightest.

Also, since we never got to see what was in the in the box, my theroy is that it's an umbilical cord.

Mai-HiME - Ep. 11-12
So... is there someone at this school that doesn't have super powers?
Not much of a
suprise that the blonde girl is also evil, give that she is with Miyu the wholetime.
These episode explained quite a bit about the "villains" and what they want, but it's still unclear what they mean with "golden age".
The fight near the end was pretty good,too.

Jarmel

Banned
Haikyuu S3-7

This was a really shitty episode on a storyboarding and animation side. Easily the worst from this season.

The direction was completely scattershot and the scenes didn't flow well at all. Just a complete mess.

I think Haikyuu could have benefited from 12 episodes instead of 10, I also didnt like how there were those backstories in this one episode (Suga -> Tendou > Ushiwaka), they could have spaced them out more.

turmoil

Banned
Keijo!!!!!!! 7

What a training arc. Can't wait to see more hilarious butt and tits techniques at the war.

All out!! 7

Not liking the characters nor their development in this episode. I hope they start focusing more in the game/training itself soon.

Futurecard Buddyfight: DDD [Triple D] Episode 34
CxlmHowWEAA_BS6.jpg:small
CxlmWfCWgAA5pyF.jpg:small

Oh its a Noboru Kodou episode and he is fighting. Maximum hype! Best kitten shirt.
Cxlot5CWIAARtLN.jpg:small
CxlqXxYWIAAUtC3.jpg:small

Screw the writing staff, they always do this to him. He wins against throw away opponents but then gets paired against characters he has no way of winning because it wont make sense for him to win plotwise. And we already used up our "make the antagonist lose on purpose" cards :( .

Someday I will get a best non Gao character winning episode, someday!

Cardfight!! Vanguard G NEXT Episode 1 (engdub)
CxlvMITXUAAOCVT.jpg:small

Another season of Vanguard G makes this an epic season for anime!!! Aw the time skip was pretty good. Chrono got a bit taller (and theres Taiyou too) and seems to be more friendly with classmates and everything. BUt I need more. I also like his new Chrono cards, though the best card of the bunch was actually Pulsar Tamer, Lugal-Ure, so expressive.
Cxl0gEpXEAA3N27.jpg:small
CxlywgXXEAA3o43.jpg:small

Only thing I dont like with this is the OP and ED songs are kind of steps down from the previous. Maybe I just got used to Dont Look Back [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sSxLbUPWVU ] and Break It [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaSHzitVb6E ] but the two new ones just dont sound as catchy and epic.

Every time I see you post about this show DTL, I feel like starting it since I find the characters so cool, but there is just too much stuff too watch+games+books+university. Oh yea and I have to do some social time with friends too.

So much stuff I want to do, so little time!

You just have to start, when I started I was 90 episodes behind, but three to four a day catches you up fast, even just one a day tbh.

You just have to start, when I started I was 90 episodes behind, but three to four a day catches you up fast, even just one a day tbh.
Yea but the problem is I did that for
One Piece at 216
Fairy Tail at 176
And Inuyasha at 52

I'm also watching Victory(at 22)

So I have already too many stuff on the back-burner and 90 is a bunch of episodes haha. I can't multitask like you do either/or watch anime at work*. But I will try to watch it, I will.

Cornbread78

Sounds like my game backlog, lol.
I just finished installing GTAV (8hours) on my PS3 and inFamous SS on my PS4, now I don't know which to bothet playing since it will be dropped in just over a week for FFXV, lol.

TUSR

Banned
Sounds like my game backlog, lol.
I just finished installing GTAV (8hours) on my PS3 and inFamous SS on my PS4, now I don't know which to bothet playing since it will be dropped in just over a week for FFXV, lol.

inFamous SS sucks and your copy of GTAV is on the PS3.

skip both.

Fantastic Beasts

Filled me and my girl with a huge sense of awe. Movie was fantastic. If you are a fan of the Harry Potter world, you must go watch it.

duckroll

Gundam the Origin IV - Eve of Destiny

This was really, really good as an adaptation of the lead in to the First Year War in Gundam, but at the same time it is a pretty odd and terrible climax to what was originally billed as the Char and Sayla origin story. I not intimately familiar with the manga material, so I don't know if it does the same thing, but for something that started so strongly in the first two installments showing the closeness of the siblings and how they eventually got separated by the growing conflict and their different ideologies, it's odd the in the last two installments there's pretty much nothing about Sayla at all. In fact this final episode doesn't have any Sayla in it at all. It feels more like a split origin between Char and Amuro as they are moved into place to inherit their destined roles at the start of the original Gundam.

I love the way Origin is directed though. The operatic style with exaggerated character movements and expressions, big movements accompanied with a bombastic score. Everything is larger than life and feels mythical and important. The character animation is really good too. There still isn't any CG action sequence so far that tops the opening moments of the first episode though. Maybe in the next arc they can show off some of that.

The only other surprising thing about Origin IV is how it seems that the director Imanishi has been completely scrubbed from the credits. It's really odd given how he co-storyboarded the previous 3 episodes, only to be completely missing here. In fact the episode doesn't even have a main directed credited at all, simply crediting Yasuhiko as chief director as usual. The only storyboard credit is for Yasuhiko too. I wonder what happened there... :p

Cornbread78

Well he's talking rubbish re Infamous. But yeah. Like I have time to play games...I barely have enough time to watch anime, and anime is up higher on my priority list.

Lol, well, I dedicated a couple hours to GTA and got nowhere but dead a few times. Well, I did pick ip a hooker and killed a bunch of peeps, but yeah, gonna try inFamous more tomorrow night..

I still need to finish Dragon Quest Hereos, Disgaea 5, Tales of Symphonia and the otiginal crysis as well. Waaaay too many incomplete games... seriously sounds just like my anime backlog..

Jex

This was really, really good as an adaptation of the lead in to the First Year War in Gundam, but at the same time it is a pretty odd and terrible climax to what was originally billed as the Char and Sayla origin story. I not intimately familiar with the manga material, so I don't know if it does the same thing, but for something that started so strongly in the first two installments showing the closeness of the siblings and how they eventually got separated by the growing conflict and their different ideologies, it's odd the in the last two installments there's pretty much nothing about Sayla at all. In fact this final episode doesn't have any Sayla in it at all. It feels more like a split origin between Char and Amuro as they are moved into place to inherit their destined roles at the start of the original Gundam.

I love the way Origin is directed though. The operatic style with exaggerated character movements and expressions, big movements accompanied with a bombastic score. Everything is larger than life and feels mythical and important. The character animation is really good too. There still isn't any CG action sequence so far that tops the opening moments of the first episode though. Maybe in the next arc they can show off some of that.

The only other surprising thing about Origin IV is how it seems that the director Imanishi has been completely scrubbed from the credits. It's really odd given how he co-storyboarded the previous 3 episodes, only to be completely missing here. In fact the episode doesn't even have a main directed credited at all, simply crediting Yasuhiko as chief director as usual. The only storyboard credit is for Yasuhiko too. I wonder what happened there... :p
Gundam somehow always ends up being the Char showcase so this isn't too surprising!

Quasar

Lol, well, I dedicated a couple hours to GTA and got nowhere but dead a few times. Well, I did pick ip a hooker and killed a bunch of peeps, but yeah, gonna try inFamous more tomorrow night..

I still need to finish Dragon Quest Hereos, Disgaea 5, Tales of Symphonia and the otiginal crysis as well. Waaaay too many incomplete games... seriously sounds just like my anime backlog..

I'm just busy playing civ. That will keep me occupied till Last Guardian. Maybe after that I can give Tyranny a try.

Gundam The Origin Part IV

In which Amuro won't eat his lasagna during the disastrous fallout of Zexit.

Character animation remains pretty consistent and faithful to the Yas style. CG likewise remains a matter of taste, though they did have some hand-animated vehicles, like the gunboat.

Pity that we won't be going past the flashback material, since the White Base crew is a refreshing break from the conniving Zabis/Deikuns we've been following.

I don't even want to make a joke about a squabbling family of quasi-fascist rulers. At least two of the Zabi's have something approaching redeeming qualities.

I not intimately familiar with the manga material, so I don't know if it does the same thing, but for something that started so strongly in the first two installments showing the closeness of the siblings and how they eventually got separated by the growing conflict and their different ideologies, it's odd the in the last two installments there's pretty much nothing about Sayla at all. In fact this final episode doesn't have any Sayla in it at all. It feels more like a split origin between Char and Amuro as they are moved into place to inherit their destined roles at the start of the original Gundam.

Sayla does get some focus parallel to the Battle of Loum stuff, if that's going to be the next episode instead of just a framing device for the first.

Keep in mind that the manga doesn't start with this stuff. The flashback material is volumes 5-7 (triggered somewhat by Sayla reminiscing), so it was setting up conflict between the Deikun siblings that come into play in the revised versions of the return to Texas, and
the A Baoa Qu climax where Sayla plays a bigger role.

So yeah, the reasoning behind some plotlines get fuzzy when divorced from the rest of the manga, considering some details have been changed in the animation to fit the existing 0079 show.

Don't be too sure.

While it would be nice to see the battles shifted to real-world locales like in the manga, just three volumes as it is have taken a long time.

duckroll

http://www.gundam.info/topic/16917

Well, I guess my question was answered here. They're not really treating the Loum Arc as a different thing, it'll be a direct continuation and be episodes 5 and 6. The Battle of Loum will be Episode 5, and it will be released in Fall 2017. The Birth of the Red Comet will be Episode 6, and they're targeting 2018 for that.

duckroll

Atom The Beginning anime announced, 2017 spring, OLM×Production I.G×SIGNAL.MD.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...nimeanime_31412/+&cd=1&hl=zh-TW&ct=clnk&gl=hk

Hmmm...

総監督: 本広克行

Uhhh.....

監督: 佐藤竜雄

Not sure if want....

シリーズ構成: 藤咲淳一

Oh hell naw....

モニターグラフィックス: 青木隆

LOL poor Jarmel. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom